In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Hope you get better soon Amiee.

Well goddesses, I am off to Disney World. So you may hear from me even less over the next week, but I'll try to get on when I can (stupid Disney charging for internet.)

To all of you having to deal with all this snow mess, stay safe and keep warm. You all keep me really inspired when it comes to the training I'm starting, thanks for everything and allowing me to be a part of it.

Have a GREAT trip!!! Post pictures! Stories! Make us jealous!!! Excited for you!!!! :cool1:

Morning! Posting from bed! Snow day for us, of cousre. Jeff went into the office though will be home early. With yesterday and today we will get about two feet. Just under.

Training. I will have to run the stairs in my house today and call it a cross train day.

And for thevrecord, I do not own nor have I ever owned fleece underwear!

Rob-- have an awesome time! So excited for you!

Nancy/Jo-- I am always conscious of those who have to juggle child care too. How hard that must be. I never take my work situation for granted.

Well, we got snow here, but it wasn't a blizzard. I think we were right on the freezing line and got tons of sleet first, so not the big accumulations they predicted. I certainly wouldn't call it a blizzard but I shouldn't complain, I'm not snowed in and can get the the gym! :cool1: I hope they rest of you avoid the massive amounts as well, maybe they just hyped the storm and no one will get that much! (hey, wishful thinking is a pastime of mine.) ;)

Oh, my you homeschool your own children? And they are still alive? I'm so impressed!

Okay, so I know you drink, I know you run, I know you like Disney...tell me more. Then I can ask all kinds of personal questions!

Liz, there is no such thing as personal questions in my world! I'm happy to be an open book for anyone to read...ok, I think it has more to do with being a loudmouth and never shutting up, but I digress... :rolleyes1

You hit my main points pretty well! Drink, Run, Disney. I should put that on a shirt! :lmao: Ok, the homeschooling thing as well, but my sons are turning 16 & 17 this year and I would describe my day as trying not to kill my oldest whilst he argues with EVERYTHING I do! He knows best, naturally. :rolleyes: It's really not bad, we've been doing it for years and are pretty used to be around each other all the time. My 10 year old daughter loves being homeschooled, she's never gone to school. We have a large support group of friends and playgroups, field trips, parties, and that is really fun for her as she's a social butterfly. No idea where she got that! :rolleyes:

I'm a photographer, started a little business last year and have made a little money, but to be honest, doing it for money is kind of killing my love of taking pictures, so this winter I haven't done much. I haven't even picked up the camera much! Guess I'm a little burnt out. :confused3 Oh here, you can see my work on my website at portraitsandpaws.zenfolio.com

I'm a petsitter, so I go take care of people's pets while they are away. I make visits, I don't actually stay there. It's fun and brings in money to the house.

Ooooh, see, you have opened up the ramble, you may not have wanted to do that! :rolleyes: I'm a vegan. I have been overweight all of my life (never worn smaller than a 14 since 6th grade, and was up well into the mid 200s after my kids were born) Did Lowcarb for a few years and lost down to about 195/200 and then started feeling sick and went all raw and have been doing that for 5+ years. Raw vegan, meaning just fruits, veggies, & nuts. Made me feel great, but as you can imagine, not easy to do. Salad all day for 5 years can drive someone mad...even though I really do love salad. AND to add insult to eating only salad, I really didn't lose much weight. The pic of me in my avatar was when we went to WDW and I was around 185 (lowest adult weight I've ever been) but I really have to work hard to lose, even eating salad all day. :headache: When I started running again, I really needed to add in protein, so I'm eating other things now like PB, veggie burgers, beans, etc. I just don't want to start feeling sick again, so I'm trying to balance it. The running is changing my body, thankfully, but still not losing. Sigh. At least I'm tall, I guess that helps. :sad2:

Oh that was WAY more than you wanted to know! I guess you should get used to it! :lmao:

Rhonda, hope the appointment goes well today!

See, now I've talked all about myself and have guilt!

Who have I forgotten to say Hi to??? Hi Megan! Hi Cathie!! I think I'm going to have to really make a cheat sheet! :surfweb:

Well goddesses, I am off to Disney World.

Have a GREAT time Rob! :goodvibes Hey. Do me a favor, would ya? Sing a little Aerosmith on Space Mountain for me. :rotfl2:

Training. I will have to run the stairs in my house today and call it a cross train day.

:crazy2: no thanks!

And for thevrecord, I do not own nor have I ever owned fleece underwear!

But do you have Vermont Flannel undies? :confused3

Ok, the homeschooling thing as well, but my sons are turning 16 & 17 this year and I would describe my day as trying not to kill my oldest whilst he argues with EVERYTHING I do! He knows best, naturally. :rolleyes:

:laughing: Oh, I understand THAT! My boys are almost 17 & 19 so I've had plenty of experience being *wrong* :rolleyes1

I'm a petsitter, so I go take care of people's pets while they are away. I make visits, I don't actually stay there. It's fun and brings in money to the house.

a petsitter, eh? How far are you willing to travel? I'm always on the lookout for a good petsitter :idea:

I would guess we got somewhere in the area of 14" of snow, and now we have now transitioned from snow to sleet. yipee. :headache: Although, sleet is still better than freezing rain, which is what they are getting closer to the coast. Meg, I believe, is getting dumped upon with snow up in Vermont!

Good morning...

My staff convinced me to take a snow day today. Considering it took me three hours to get to work yesterday and we had less snow than we got today I took them up on it. I will be shoveling today and then a workout tonight. Right now I am enjoying some bad daytime tv. Ah....

Stay safe out there and drive carefully.

Paula - enjoy your snow day! You most certainly deserve a day off right now :flower3:

I just walked on my TM and think it's about time to wake up my sleeping kids.

What is it about being snow bound that makes me want to bake cookies?

I haven't had a chance to read up yet, nut wanted to pop in for a minute. We dodged a bullet with the snow. Only a dusting. I hope everyone is staying warm. Rob - have fun at the world.

Hi All

Rob, have a great time. Live TR is a must!

Digging out here in CHI Town. They had all the highways closed this morning, and that is Major for chicago, Downtdown had no one there. Last night they had to rescue people via snowmobile from Lake Shore Drive, the snow came in so fast that the cars were just stuck, they said they had to tow about 250cars off Lake Shore Drive. Including Mom's with Kids.
My DH is outside "trying to snowblow" but the drifts are just so high, the blower is have a tough time.

Me, I am working from home and my nasty nasty boss is emailing her major list of tasks for me today. Most of the city is hanging out with their family, I have to be glued to my computer. All I can tell myself, is what comes around goes around and she will get hers some day..
Sorry about the vent.

Amiee, Did I read right, your just getting over the flu and your going to shovel and work out?

Ronda, I would pick the airport loop instead of the garage. GOOD LUCK!!:worship:

Paula, I am so happy you have a down time day. Mindless daytime TV is what you need right now. Enjoy the day.

E, there is nothing wrong with fleece sheets :), I don't know about have fleese undies. HA HA

Nancy, You had a bit of wine? or a BOTTLE. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (ok cracking myself up)

Kelly, how did your run go?

Meg, :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I think that say it all

Liz, Are you getting any snow in NY?

Amy, how is it back to work

Lisa, are you ready for the big game and bday party? Go Steelers, My DH I a MAJOR Steeler fan.

Karen, how your ice down my your? I hope its not that bad

Kat, are you settled back to work now after being off. 23 days til your next vaca.!!

Cathie, what state are you in? Are you getting the snow too?

Hi all!!!

Rob-have a FANTASTIC time!!!! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Jo-I'm in Colorado. We got a little snow Sunday/Monday, but the last couple of days it's simply been ridiculously frigid temps. It was -15 this morning.

Everyone dealing with weather-you have my most HEARTFELT sympathies!!!! Almost all of our school districts here are closed (except, OF COURSE for my college campus lol) and so I feel bad for a lot of the parents, we have a lot of people missing at the office because they have to stay home with their kids.

And BTW, my college campus is THE ONLY one not closed, our president was "kind" enough to send out a press release yesterday, basically saying suck it up, dress warm, don't stay in the cold for more than 10 mins....but walk slow so you don't fall. :sad2: I went last night cuz I only had one class, but I didn't go Monday and won't again tonight because I have to walk all over campus, and it's just too cold for that.

This cold here is more than we're used to handling. Colorado has this reputation for cold and snow, but really, it doesn't snow all the time, just once every couple of weeks and it sticks around, and it rarely goes below 20 degrees. Needless to say, we're freezing!

My car was dying the whole way to work. My dad, who knows a lot about cars thank goodness, thinks I got some water in my gas and it's frozen my fuel injectors. Either way, I'm hoping that when we hit our high of 5 degrees around 1 pm, I can head home and hopefully my car will get me there. Going on the highway isn't so bad, it's the stopping in town that's bad, everytime I let off the gas the dang thing dies :rolleyes: so frustrating too because it's a newer car. Guess I shouldn't be too mad though, Carlos's car flat out just wouldn't start this morning, he had to catch a ride to work with a friend.

Okay-dont venting about the cold. I guess we're lucky we don't have the snow to go along with it!

I hope everyone's having a fabulous day and staying WARM!!!!

You all are going to hate me, but it's 67 degrees right now and the high is supposed to hit 70 today.

Jo, sorry for the mean boss.

Paula, enjoy the snow day!!

Day 3 of back to work and it feels like it's been 2 weeks. Solid meetings/interviews from 9AM-7PM today with this brief half hour for lunch.

I have a cold, as well, so the sinus headache currently has my head in a vise.

Kat, thats not nice, send some of that hear here, Now that the snow stopped they are calling for -30 tonight. Yep -30. They already closed school again for tomorrow, but they won't close work again. I am sure of that.

Questions, I want to get biofreeze, they sell it on Amazon, but do I want gell or roll on?

***WORK IN PROGRESS***STILL ADDING FOLKS***

Ok, so here’s a little bit about us…

But first, don’t be intimidated that many of us know each other well. We ALWAYS have room for more! Please join us. We are Team Goddess!

What you'll find in us are people who understand where you are at and who are willing to help you get where you want to be. We're totally supportive, but make no mistake, we hold each other accountable. Accountability is key to weight loss, healthy eating, and exercise. We won't tell you it's ok that you ate an entire bag of Doritos or an entire gallon of ice cream...but we will help you own it and move on and make a plan so it doesn't happen again. And we'll kick you in the tail when you need that, too! :goodvibes:

We don't all subscribe to the same program...everyone does what is best for her/himself. For some that means Weight Watchers, for others it is counting calories, for others it is learning to maintain. We'll work with you whatever your program is.

Enough of all of that, it is time to meet the Goddesses!

ME—Erika, though everyone here calls me E. Married, in Maine, 3 kids (8, 9, and 11). Never ran a step before joining this thread and have since completed 5 Half Marathons (soon to be six with the Princess Half next month) and two triathlons. Still have 15 pounds to lose, but this is the year it will be gone for good!

RONDA—Ronda93—OMG, a running goddess for sure! Although she only started running a couple of years ago, she has already done several Half Marathons and is getting ready for her first FULL in just a few weeks! As for weight loss…ask her for a before and after pic. It’s amazing!

NANCY—AKASnowWhite—a goddess from CT with 3 teens. Completed multiple Half Marathons and even one FULL! Lost 45 pounds and has kept it off successfully for ages!

LIZ—SeptemberGirl—the Goddess of Weight Watchers! Lost 80 freaking pounds! She’s getting ready to complete her second Half Marathon and has done multiple 5ks! Married, from Jersey, one great kid.

PAULA—goofyfan-12—the Goddess of Mileage! Paula has also lost 80 pounds using the Jenny Craig program. And as for mileage…Paula did the Princess Half last year--and just recently, get ready….trained for and competed in a CENTURY ride! That means 100 miles of biking! To attempt such a thing is daunting and we are SO proud of her!

KAT—HockeyKat—from NC, married, no kids…and this Goddess SAID she always hated running….until she started running! Now she has completed 3 Halfs and is getting ready for her fourth at the Princess. As her name implies, she also loves to watch and play hockey.

AMY--amykab—makes us all jealous because she only lives an hour from Disney and often just pops over for a day! A goddess to the core, Amy just had a baby 8 weeks ago, and get this…she is doing the Princess Half! Amy has done a ton of races, really a ton! She is the Goddess of Racing, for sure!

AMIEE--adsrtw—another Amiee, but spelled differently so we call her EE. Amiee is representing the mid-west on Team Goddess. Single and workin’ it, 2 kids, and getting ready to complete her second Half Marathon.

LISA--lisaviolet—Goddess of the Great White North! Lovely Lisa, whom we all adore beyond words is from Canada. She’s lost gobs of weight and has the best, I mean The Best, attitude of anyone ever.

KELLY--DisneyGalUK—our goddess from across the pond. She just reached GOAL WEIGHT and we are all SO proud of her! She also just started running this month and is loving it! See? We rub off on people!

MEG—poppinspal—Meg is from Boston and has also been a racing Goddess this year! Holy cow, I have lost count of the number of races she has done! She lost 25 pounds in 2010 and has kept it all off! 29 and single…but currently smooching with a cutie in Vermont, so we’ll see…

JO--cantwaitvaca09--Jo is also from the mid-west and is a new runner! She has worked SO hard these past few months and will be doing her first Half Marathon in just a few weeks at the Princess! Married with 2 little girls at home.

ROB—our single god amongst goddesses! I mean, really, it takes a REAL MAN to hang out with us and we’re so glad he’s here! Currently training for his first 5k!

KAREN—Twoboysnmygirl—our newest goddess! See? We really do welcome newcomers! Karen is from Missouri, married with 3 kids and is starting to run—sweet!

Cathie—from the west (ok, well Colorado, but that is west of most of us!). Cathie is battling some health stuff now and hopes to up and running soon!

Thanks Erika. :love:

And thanks for alway taking the reins. I can imagine that there is one part of that you loves that. I'm laughing - your personality. :rotfl2::rolleyes1

And maybe one part where it gets tiring sometimes to be left/expected to take them.

I have no idea why the he!! I'm psychoanalyzing you. :rotfl2: :lmao:

Just wanted to say that I NOTICED.

Hi Everyone!

Quick fly-by from me (Im at work) to mark my place!

Tonight we are starting week 2 of C25K - 90 seconds jogging / 2 minutes walking - and Im looking forward to it! I have officially joined the dark side!

Oh, and I got my registration form for the Race For Life in July - Ive walked the course twice before but this will be my first 5K as a runner!

LOOK AT YOU!!!!!!!!

OMG, look at you. :worship:

And tell the hubby I'm so sorry that his oh so lovely mother didn't plan right with his birthday. :laughing:

Why no update on baby/brother/baby's mother in one corner. MIL of the year in another. :rotfl2: Is it a lovefest? BAD of me.

Yes, I should not ask for drama. But it was such good reading. popcorn::

]Lazy? Ms. keeping track of my parents while selling my house and prepping for surgery? I'm not sure "lazy" is the right adjective. Over extended perhaps. Oh, and let's not forget planning a SuperBowl Birthday Party

First of all can I just tell you the rage I feel when I'm multiquoting and your BOLD and COLOUR make me over the disboard minimum? Can I? :rotfl2:

It goes something like this - "DLKFJSDLKJFLDKJF@@@ Nancy!!! :rotfl2:

Okay, seriously.

The trait that is MOST important to me in this entire world - most comforting, most peace inducing - most healing in life is someone who has my back.

I lacked it with too many to list.

I feel sorry for those who live with someone who don't have that for them.

So Nancy - although I literally meant I couldn't get myself to read three little pages - let me tell you I exhaled with your post. The words lovely but the energy behind it - BEYOND.

If more people knew that having another's back - well it's paramount to having a better life to me. Yes dramatic - but I don't care.

So thank you. :love:

ROB!! I lost your quote.

Have fun!

You all are going to hate me, but it's 67 degrees right now and the high is supposed to hit 70 today.

SHUT IT KAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2:

Enjoy and let's hope the headache/sinuses let up soon.

Watching the Biggest Loser. Pissed at the dumb a$$ people. They are given an opportunity of a life time and to throw it away.....they deserve to be fat. Seriously.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Nancy drunk on wine - how I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's such an interesting creature.

Well, we got snow here, but it wasn't a blizzard. I think we were right on the freezing line and got tons of sleet first, so not the big accumulations they predicted. I certainly wouldn't call it a blizzard but I shouldn't complain, I'm not snowed in and can get the the gym! :cool1: I hope they rest of you avoid the massive amounts as well, maybe they just hyped the storm and no one will get that much! (hey, wishful thinking is a pastime of mine.) ;)

Liz, there is no such thing as personal questions in my world! I'm happy to be an open book for anyone to read...ok, I think it has more to do with being a loudmouth and never shutting up, but I digress... :rolleyes1

You hit my main points pretty well! Drink, Run, Disney. I should put that on a shirt! :lmao: Ok, the homeschooling thing as well, but my sons are turning 16 & 17 this year and I would describe my day as trying not to kill my oldest whilst he argues with EVERYTHING I do! He knows best, naturally. :rolleyes: It's really not bad, we've been doing it for years and are pretty used to be around each other all the time. My 10 year old daughter loves being homeschooled, she's never gone to school. We have a large support group of friends and playgroups, field trips, parties, and that is really fun for her as she's a social butterfly. No idea where she got that! :rolleyes:

I'm a photographer, started a little business last year and have made a little money, but to be honest, doing it for money is kind of killing my love of taking pictures, so this winter I haven't done much. I haven't even picked up the camera much! Guess I'm a little burnt out. :confused3 Oh here, you can see my work on my website at portraitsandpaws.zenfolio.com

Ooooh, see, you have opened up the ramble, you may not have wanted to do that! :rolleyes: I'm a vegan. I have been overweight all of my life (never worn smaller than a 14 since 6th grade, and was up well into the mid 200s after my kids were born) Did Lowcarb for a few years and lost down to about 195/200 and then started feeling sick and went all raw and have been doing that for 5+ years. Raw vegan, meaning just fruits, veggies, & nuts. Made me feel great, but as you can imagine, not easy to do. Salad all day for 5 years can drive someone mad...even though I really do love salad. AND to add insult to eating only salad, I really didn't lose much weight. The pic of me in my avatar was when we went to WDW and I was around 185 (lowest adult weight I've ever been) but I really have to work hard to lose, even eating salad all day. :headache: When I started running again, I really needed to add in protein, so I'm eating other things now like PB, veggie burgers, beans, etc. I just don't want to start feeling sick again, so I'm trying to balance it. The running is changing my body, thankfully, but still not losing. Sigh. At least I'm tall, I guess that helps. :sad2:

Oh that was WAY more than you wanted to know! I guess you should get used to it! :lmao:

Rhonda, hope the appointment goes well today!

See, now I've talked all about myself and have guilt!

Who have I forgotten to say Hi to??? Hi Megan! Hi Cathie!! I think I'm going to have to really make a cheat sheet! :surfweb:

Karen - wow. So incredibly beautiful - THE TALENT. :love:

I popped over to your website. SO LOVELY. :flower3: I adored your work.

Just hijacking your thread, to tell you everytime I see the title it makes me smile.:)
Rose

Jo--I know that jobs are scarce right now, but have you thought about looking elsewhere once things improve a bit? You seem to truly hate your employers and I hate the thought of them being mean to you. :sad1:

Jo - you are right on the flu. In fact, came home early to sleep today. No shoveling for me. We only got a dusting of snow. I haven't worked out since Saturday - that's when this junk kicked in. Biofreeze - I like the spray.

Kat - I like your weather. :(

My entire department now has the flu. One person had it last week and now we all have it except for a handful of vaccinated people. Until this flu season, we had a free flu shot clinic at work. We have lost over 230 hours since Monday because of the flu. In my industry, that means that other creditors got the wallet share.

EE - Hope you kick the bug. No fun. Once it starts through a group, look out. Hard to hit plan without the peeps.

Jo - have faith. What goes around comes around, and it picks up speed in that last corner.

Kat - it'll be minus 10 tonight. Still hatin'

Very disappointed in the doctor visit. So we had snow. The doctor's office called and said they were closing early and I could come in as soon as I wanted. DGF and I were both working from home so I hit the road. Busted out the end of the driveway onto the freshly plowed residential street (they've done a great job this year).

Lots of paperwork, done. Wait. Someone comes for me. I decided he's an x-ray technician. Takes pics of my feet. Told me the doc was next door at the hospital seeing the office manger who'd just had a baby. Back to the waiting room. To wait. Receptionist opens the window. Sorry for the delay. They had called her. She was seeing a patient.

They'd taken my insurance information. Since they determined it was a "high deductible plan" I had to pay half of the office visit fee up front. $175. I'm not sure where they get the high deductible label. No problem. I pay.

There had been another guy loitering behind the glass. He and the staff were friendly, sharing chocolate. Lots of conversation. Turns out he's the orthotic salesman. The doctor returns and I go back. He comes with us. She believes it's tendonitis, possibly from the surface change. At least I think that's what she thinks. Other than "not a stress fracture" I didn't hear a diagnosis. My problems will be solved, however, with custom orthotics and night splints. She writes a "prescription" on a pad with the name of HIS shop at the top. She leaves and he tells me where he's located - very conviently, I might add. The orthotics will be $280, the splints $125 a piece. Unlikely that it will be covered by insurance. The doctor did say she didn't get any kickbacks from this.

I feel foolish. I wanted someone to see me and hear me. Listen to my running history. Someone who could aggregate the experience of other runners and tell me I should run or not. Instead I was diagnosed by the office staff, coded and submitted. Requiring payment up front, while ostensibly because of my exotic insurance, left me feeling as though my teeth should be whiter or my frown lines should be less noticeable.

And of course, my feet feel better. Which is great. I am pumped to run fast on the TM tomorrow morning. I'm planning on the airport this weekend.

Ronda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter