In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Hi, Karen. I was going to quiz you, then I saw that you drink and post. You're in. Look for your cool kid card in the mail. ;)

:rotfl2: Our qualifications tend to be slightly different than others :rotfl2:

If I had know that the qualifications were so simple, I would have joined in long ago! :lmao:

What kind of monitor do you use? I'm a Polar fan. F6 I think is the one I have right now.

I've just been using the heart rate meter on the TM for now, but I've got my eye on the Garmin 305 and it's on the top of my Amazon wishlist! I will find a way to get it by spring when I'm out on the roads, b/c I live in a small town surrounded by country roads and I think for longer distances I'm going to have to have something to track my distance!

Hope all goes will with the drama-club-energizer-bunny-crack-mama tonight! :scared:

Energizer Bunny on crack this one is. [/B][/COLOR]

Hey! I resemble that remark! :rotfl2:

Yes, I totally jinxed myself earlier this morning. We are getting this storm Tuesday night into Weds. 20". Ugh. Oh well. I will run again Tuesday, rest on Weds., and then long run on Thursday--assuming it is all cleaned up.

Yes...cool kid cards. We all have them! :rotfl2:

Okay, I TOTALLY thought that too. :laughing:

Woo, a long day. Not a bad one really, except for post-vacation blues. Frantically interviewing and 2011 planning and such, but I am very hopeful that this year will be better than last, work-wise.

Grocery shopped for healthy food, as well, and am back on the wagon hard-core starting tomorrow. Fruits and veggies and lean meats line my fridge. :)

Jo, if it makes you feel any better, my 11.5 before the Princess could not have sucked more, and the race itself was sooooo much better than it. You are going to ROCK this race!! :goodvibes

I, on the other hand, am queen slacker and will be lucky if I don't DNF it. I have only run once this month, no long runs, no nothing. SLACK and I will be paying dearly for it in a few weeks!! :eek:

Kat, I HATE the post-vacation blues! My solution is to start planning another asap! ;) Of course, this sometimes backfires as I have planned more trips than we have actually gotten to take!

Rhonda, I hope you can MAKE IT to your appointment on Wednesday! Looks like you guys might get a hit a little harder than us, but they are still calling for a blizzard here! :eek:

Karen, it helps that I head back to WDW on Feb 24th for the Princess. :)

We are DVC, too, so we plan our trips out well in advance. Next trip for just us is already booked: Nov 7-12th, for F&W, in a BW view 1-bedroom. We will likely add on two studio nights, using some points that his friend owes us.

I also should clarify that I am the interviewer in the situation described above, and am not looking for a job. :laughing:

No snow for us, thank goodness!!

That's great Kat! How many of you girls are running the Princess?? I can't wait to hear all about it and can't wait to be there next year! :cool1:

We're planning on Sept. 29th-Oct. 6th, I want to run the Halloween 5K (don't think running my first half in the dark at Wine & Dine would be the best choice!) and I'm really hoping we can find a way this year. Last year was our worst year ever, we nearly lost our house and Rey lost his truck (he was an owner operator and had to go back to a company driver). This year is already starting off better and we're caught up from the horror of last year luckily! We haven't been since Oct. 2009 and I'm dying to get back! Oops, there goes that ramblemouth again! :rolleyes1

Thanks Kat, and there is now way you will DNF, umm you ran 3 half's last year 3. You can walk this whole thing faster than me.

Karen, my last trip was Sept/Oct 09 we took DD for her 5th bday.
Next family trip will be Sept 2012
And Make Note I will be begging for all of your trip planning help.. Liz, Amiee!!!

Lazy Butterpants tonight, no workout, Yesterday was laundry, (sheets and bedding) Mopping and Vaccumming, that has to count as a work out right?

I have a question.

What should I pack for the WDW,
Jeans, Tshirt, Long Sleeve, Shorts???

I am not a dress up kinda girl, I go to work in jeans and a T and I am very happy with that. So with that being said. How should I pack, do I need dresser stuff???

I have a question.

I am not a dress up kinda girl, I go to work in jeans and a T and I am very happy with that. So with that being said. How should I pack, do I need dresser stuff???

The last time I was there in March (2 years ago) I seemed to need a little bit of everything because the temperature can fluctuate so much. I would be wearing shorts during the day, but when night came, the temp really dropped, so jeans and a sweatshirt were sometimes needed. The further into March you go, the less you have to worry about it, but the first week or so can be especially nutty, imo anyway.

I have five miles on the plan for tomorrow. I skipped my speed workout today. My left foot still hurts from time to time, but I can hop on it. I have an appointment Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

I hope it's good news on Wednesday Ronda. Inflamation. That's what I'm wishing for :idea:

Checking in - can't promise sound mind though. :rotfl2:

Haven't caught up - all three pages. :lmao: I guess we can file that under lazy. :surfweb:

Lazy? Ms. keeping track of my parents while selling my house and prepping for surgery? I'm not sure "lazy" is the right adjective. Over extended perhaps. Oh, and let's not forget planning a SuperBowl Birthday Party

If I had know that the qualifications were so simple, I would have joined in long ago! :lmao:

Yeah, we tend to be pretty easy to get along with. Just don't mess with our cocktails! :laughing:

Oh, totally different. Not even close. You're the AWESOME kind of crackhead bunny. She's the "oh crap she's coming! Run for cover" kind of control freak crackhead bunny. Lovely lady. Truly. But I bet she gives "suggestions" in her sleep :scared1:

OH! Speaking of sleep. I had the oddest dream. Stephen and I were driving down the road, on our way to some hotel somewhere to meet you and Liz when I realized that I left the quiche on the kitchen counter. He left me at some fancy schmancy exclusive "members only" kind of hotel where I met my mother in the parking lot (he was going back for the quiche). We weren't quite sure where to go, so she totally busted is into this place Salahe style (a la White house party crasher) where we ate their food, drank their booze and took the swag bags. Funny. I never did meet up with you :confused3

Anyway. Who's rambling now :rotfl2:

Woo, a long day. Not a bad one really, except for post-vacation blues.

Back to reality isn't all that it's cracked up to be, is it! Glad re-entry wasn't so horrid. How did your foot hold up with the park touring? Everything still feeling a-ok?

That's great Kat! How many of you girls are running the Princess?? I can't wait to hear all about it and can't wait to be there next year! :cool1:

Let's see. Me, Erika, Kat, Liz, Amy, Amiee, Jo & Meg. So, 8 yes?

This year is already starting off better and we're caught up from the horror of last year luckily!

Here's to a great 2011 for you and your family!:flower3:

We're planning on Sept. 29th-Oct. 6th, I want to run the Halloween 5K (don't think running my first half in the dark at Wine & Dine would be the best choice!) and I'm really hoping we can find a way this year. Last year was our worst year ever, we nearly lost our house and Rey lost his truck (he was an owner operator and had to go back to a company driver). This year is already starting off better and we're caught up from the horror of last year luckily! We haven't been since Oct. 2009 and I'm dying to get back! Oops, there goes that ramblemouth again! :rolleyes1

Nancy had it right. 8 of us: Me, Nancy (AKASnowWhite), Meg (poppinspal), Jo (cantwait), E (3DisneyKids), Liz (SeptemberGirl), Amy (amykab), and Amiee (adstrw).

I just recapped names for you there, see? :laughing:

I hope 2011 is good for you too!! 2010 sucked for a few of us, so we are all hoping for a good 2011!

Wine&Dine half is a possibility for me... not sure yet. I am not going to be able to do the OBX half this year due to timing, so will have to see how it works out.

Nancy had it right. 8 of us: Me, Nancy (AKASnowWhite), Meg (poppinspal), Jo (cantwait), E (3DisneyKids), Liz (SeptemberGirl), Amy (amykab), and Amiee (adstrw).

I just recapped names for you there, see? :laughing:

I hope 2011 is good for you too!! 2010 sucked for a few of us, so we are all hoping for a good 2011!

Wine&Dine half is a possibility for me... not sure yet. I am not going to be able to do the OBX half this year due to timing, so will have to see how it works out.

Yes, we are considering running the Wine and Dine, too. (Me and Jeff that is.) BUT...if the opportunity arises, I would way rather do the Disneyland Half in September. You know...bonus bling an all! :rolleyes1 But then again, an after hours party in Epcto, DURING Food & Wine, wow, that would be hard to pass up...

9 of us crossed the line last year and 8 will cross this year (6 of us are repeating). Scary about Rey's work, but it sounds like you made it through the worst of it. Does he run/exercise/watch what he eats as well?

I have a question.

Given the time of year, you will need a little of everything. And maybe one nice outfit. Goddesses don't look like sh*t. :rotfl2::lmao: Seriously though, Liz takes pictures of her outfits before she packs and posts them. I'm not kidding. These days, I rarely leave the house without consulting her. Last time I was shoe shopping, I had to text her a pic of the shoes I was considering for approval.

Yeah, we tend to be pretty easy to get along with. Just don't mess with our cocktails! :laughing:

WORD!

OH! Speaking of sleep. I had the oddest dream. Stephen and I were driving down the road, on our way to some hotel somewhere to meet you and Liz when I realized that I left the quiche on the kitchen counter. He left me at some fancy schmancy exclusive "members only" kind of hotel where I met my mother in the parking lot (he was going back for the quiche). We weren't quite sure where to go, so she totally busted is into this place Salahe style (a la White house party crasher) where we ate their food, drank their booze and took the swag bags. Funny. I never did meet up with you :confused3

Anyway. Who's rambling now :rotfl2:

Ok, that is just BIZARRE! And I can't believe you blew us off! Some friend! Went and scammed free food and booze and didn't even include us...

And KAT--you so will NOT be a DNF. As if... Seriously, you had such an amazing base before the stress fracture I am sure it is going to come back quickly. There is muscle memory, don't forget. Your body will know what to do.

Back to reality isn't all that it's cracked up to be, is it! Glad re-entry wasn't so horrid. How did your foot hold up with the park touring? Everything still feeling a-ok?

Here's to a great 2011 for you and your family!:flower3:

Yes, we are considering running the Wine and Dine, too. (Me and Jeff that is.) BUT...if the opportunity arises, I would way rather do the Disneyland Half in September. You know...bonus bling an all! :rolleyes1 But then again, an after hours party in Epcto, DURING Food & Wine, wow, that would be hard to pass up...

I would rather do the Disneyland Half as well, but I am just not sure I will able to swing it in 2011. D has made it clear that I am not visiting Disneyland without him (neither of us has ever been), and so it may wind up being too $$ for both of us to go. I will get a free flight on SW after this trip to Orlando, but it might be blacked out for Labor Day weekend and we would still have to pay his airfare, plus hotel, food, race entry, and park tickets.

W&D is more logistically feasible... totally driveable, have annual pass for WDW, etc.

Well, I'm home from class finally. We ended up having 11 call outs from work all having the same symptoms - chest junk that's going around. Not fun! I Lysoled several desks and probably a few of my reps in the process. Let me tell ya, the floor had a chemical smell. :) Nothing sounds good to eat because I can't taste anything. Now get this, coffee doesn't even appeal to me. Did you feel that? The Earth just stopped revolving.

Weather - so far, it is too warm for us to get ice and sleet. North of here is supposed to get slammed! No snow days for us at work though.

Kat - you aren't going to DNF. Remember my experience last year? I was ahead of the sweepers even after being pulled aside.

As part of my master plan for 2012 I do the full in January, Princess in Feb/Mar and DL half in September. Lots 'o bling! I've thought about Wine and Dine this year, too. Lots of possibilities.

Five this morning on the TM. Feet feel, well, normal. This could be good. I'll keep the appointment if the office isn't closed tomorrow. The snow started in the last hour and it's eerily quiet at work. Lots of working from home today. I'll stick it out. My commute is short and sweet - no highways. That's where trouble starts.

Karen, looks like you are on the rain/snow line. Good luck. Will your kiddos get a snow day?

Ronda

Rhona, we're getting lots of sleet mixed with snow this morning, I had to go out in it to petsit and it was slick, but now I'm home for the day. We're supposed to get 12-20inches or so. I'm good as long as I can keep my electricity! Yep, kids are homeschooled and proclaim that if the schools are out, they should be too. Fine by me, as that means I get a snow day as well! :thumbsup2

What fun it must have been (and will be!) to run all together!!! :lovestruc You girls didn't happen to make a video and one of you was dressed like a flamingo during the run, did you??? :lmao: (saw a video on Youtube when looking for Princess stuff)

E, Rey doesn't workout. He used to be one of those guys that didn't have to do anything and he was fit, but age has caught up with him. Over the past few years he has gone in periods of eating well, but lots of the time claims that it's too expensive to eat well on the road. :rolleyes: My middle son, who is 15, just started working out with me though, and it's really fun! I think he will be joining me for a 5K this summer. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter