In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Karen, Ronda, & Jo - stay safe! We only have rain for now. Sleet is on the way.
Revenge of the flu part 2 is still going on at work. Another 8 call outs.

D has made it clear that I am not visiting Disneyland without him (neither of us has ever been)

um, have I ever mentioned how much I adore DL :lovestruc :confused3 :rotfl2: OMG. The original. It's amazing.

Now get this, coffee doesn't even appeal to me. Did you feel that? The Earth just stopped revolving.

woah. You *must* be sick. Hope you and your team are all on the mend ASAP!

As part of my master plan for 2012 I do the full in January, Princess in Feb/Mar and DL half in September. Lots 'o bling! I've thought about Wine and Dine this year, too. Lots of possibilities.

Don't forget about the coast-coast medal Ronda. With plans like yours, that sounds like a definite possiblity!

Five this morning on the TM. Feet feel, well, normal.

That does sound promising! Stay safe out there!

What fun it must have been (and will be!) to run all together!!! :lovestruc You girls didn't happen to make a video and one of you was dressed like a flamingo during the run, did you??? :lmao: (saw a video on Youtube when looking for Princess stuff)

OMG no. No. N.O. No. No dressing like flamingos :eek::rotfl2: We did have matching race shirts however.

Snowing like crazy here. I think we're going to see more snow from today's "phase 1" than they initally predicted. I managed to get to the gym for my 7:30 am beating with Erin though. Priorities. :rolleyes1

And, I had my head-clearing time whilst I was on the bike. I didn't sleep well last night - Ms. C-H Bunny was in my head :headache: but I've been working on my coping strategies and I'm hopeful that I can settle things down a touch. Or, maybe I'll fail miserably :laughing: I don't know. But I'm going to try a very direct, ask me no questions and offer me no opinions, I'm giving you a task to complete before we move on approach. Hope it works. Or I will be having a lengthy meeting with my good friend Robert Mondavi :rolleyes:

This is all from the old one, but I felt like a jerk for being MIA for so long and not responding so here we go lol.

HI ALL,

Cathie, what are you going to school for?

Rob, how are you feeling is the flu gone?

Have a great night all.. I am starving, I drank a muscle milk for dinner... I need food.. I can eat when I get to disney.. yes mind games with myself
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm an art and marketing double major. Yup. I'm crazy. Apparently I just can't do things in a simple way lol :rolleyes1 I'm ending my second year, so only 4 more to go, but probably 4 and a half since I had to drop so many classes last semester.

Hi Everyone!

I LOST 1LB for a total of 16lbs lost!

GOAL WEIGHT BABY!!!!!

I would have liked to have been prepared enough to have a long gushing speech ready, but that is so not me :lmao:
However, I would like to say that its been a long journey, but I could not have done it without this thread and the support of everyone here who I now think of as friends - thank you Goddesses!

Hope everyone is having a great day :lovestruc

I just COULDN'T not comment on this!!!

I am so proud of you!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!

Jo - I doing alright. Work is insane st the moment (it wasn't supposed to be) and is totally kicking my @ss right now. My life is all about stress management at the moment. My workouts continue and provide some sense of normalcy. Now if only sleep would return to my life.... O how I miss thee.

Paula I hope that the stress is getting less for you. I'm proud of you though for sticking with your workouts even when things are crazy :)

Jo, Meg, Ronda...who is going to do it? :goodvibes

So I am back but crazy here!

Lisa - dad update?

Cathie - you don't have to tell us anything about personal stuff - I sure don't. It is the internet, after all. But I hope things are going better for you, all in all.

Thanks so much :hug: Things are EIGHT MILLION times better. It's really crazy how something that seemed so negative can really help bring us closer together and turn into such a positive thing.

Lisa - GREAT words, totally amazing point about the friends. I NEEDED to hear that. I am on the other side from you. As always, you give me food for thought.

Personal temper tantrum. Feel free to skip. Or slap me. Whatever.

Things that I hate:

1) feeling bloated and gross
2) having my pants too tight. So tight that in fact Pajama Jeans sound like a GOOD idea.
3) trying on new clothes and having them not fit right either
4) restricting my calories
5) counting my calories
6) avoiding alcohol entirely
7) listening to my husband eat what seems to be an entire bag of chips with his lunch while I have none. Oh, and he's skinny. Freak.

bah. I hate everything right now. Except Blueberry Seltzer. I love that.:love:

'scuse me now whilst I go drink more water and chew some gum.

Ohmigosh. I'm sorry you were so frustrated...but this was pretty funny-mostly because I'm sure that this rant goes through my head nearly every day!!!

Can I join you girls???? :flower3:

I need a place to connect with people that have the same struggles (weight), plans (exercise, running, etc) and obsessions (Disney, naturally!) :laughing:

Not sure where to start, I could write a book (and tend to ramble)! Mother of three, two teen boys and my dd, who is 10 (going on 16!) :rolleyes: I
homeschool them, I'm a vegan, I just started back up running a little over a month ago.

I've never really gotten too far in my running, I think mostly b/c of my weight. My knees give out b/c I push too hard (it's frustrating when my body won't do what i want it to!) and then I give up b/c of the pain. I decided I want to run the Mickey Halloween 5K in October and then the Princess 1/2 in 2012! I can't imagine what kind of training it will take as I can only run 2 miles right now and I'm already having to take a 4-5 day break b/c my knees are hurting! BUT, I'm determined and thought the best way to stay motivated and on track was to find some support! :lovestruc

I can't think of anything else right now (but have no fear! I will be back rambling momentarily when I think of a thousand more things to say!) :lmao:

I guess you could read my PTR and TR from 2009 to know more about me (if you have way too much time on your hands!) ;)

What about all of you? I have read a little, but it's hard to put names with screennames. Can you all give me a little peek into who you are so I can get to know you too? Looking forward to "meeting" you!

SOrry for the late welcome, but welcome! :lovestruc

I'm Cathie, 25 years old, from Colorado. I live with my boyfriend and two cats. I work for a health insurance company full time and go to school full time. My weight loss has been pretty slow since I've been battling some health problems since October, but should have a final diagnosis soon so I can get back on track.

This is seriously the greatest group. And the motivation I get from these ladies is amazing, but there is so much support here for more than just weight loss. It's a great group I'm proud to be part of. :)

We got back from WDW last night. Fri was a great day... Got to MK around noon, rode Big Thunder, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space (twice), Buzz, TTC, Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic, Small World, and ate lunch at Pecos Bill, and were at the Monorail by 4:30. Into Epcot, rode Soarin' with the FPs from the day before, then back to the resort to change. Dinner at Narcoosee's w/ Wishes, which was a great finish to the week.

Kat I hope you had a great time!

Okay so life has been really crazy lately. Good, but crazy. School is officially kicking my butt, but I've been able to keep up for the most part so that's good. I really was worried that with my health still not being up to par that I might be able to handle it. But I've been doing well so far.

I have my colonoscopy on the 10th. More and more Crohn's symptoms are showing up but I'm trying to not dig my own grave just yet, since we have no proof yet and it could still just be IBS. Keeping my fingers crossed that whatever it is, we can find effective treatment.

And Carlos. Wow. Where do I start. I don't know what else to say besides simply---I am in love. :cloud9: Things have really gone a totally different direction for us and I really can't remember the last time that things were so ON for us...or that we were both so happy. It's odd-but it's like it really took something bad to wake us up to get us where we needed to be. So no worries, the beyonce is here to stay ;) And as far as the friends involved go, the entire group was together to see a concert for our friend's band on Saturday, and all went well and smoothly. No fighting, no awkwardness, nothin...so I'd say we're all good now :)

So here's my best description of where I live right now.... Friday it was 60 degrees. TODAY...it's -7. Yup. Colorado weather drives. ME. NUTS!!!

I am pretty sure I haven't updated on my losses either...down 2 more pounds for a total loss of 17 since October. Now-I like to attribute this to eating healthier, cooking from scratch, buying local organic produce, etc. It worries my doctor because Crohn's patients typically lose weight when the disease is at it's worse, but I'm proud of myself because I HAVE been making good choices. It's become a lot easier since they've been doing intolerancy tests, I have a pretty set base of things I can eat no matter what test I'm on, and they're all pretty healthy. I'm getting pretty happy with fruits and veggies, and find myself not really even craving a lot of sweet stuff anymore. I'm lovin it :)

Hey ladies, can't believe I haven't checked in yet on the new thread!! I'm one blissfully happy girl. I'm loving life in Vermont and I am so happy I'm here till Sunday! There have been so many amazing little moments that I can't begin to even share. He just got a snow day for tomorrow so he has his schedule cleared for the rest of the week and we can enjoy the snowshoes that I bought us.

So here's my one problem.... I can not for the life of me find a place I can run safely. I'm going to work it out and hope that I an get runs in the rest of the week. I am hoping that I'm trained enough to not have to worry about the few I've missed.

All this talk about the DL half, that was a big consideration for me for this year. I've never been to DL and I'm kind of drooling over the idea of some extra bling for it.

What fun it must have been (and will be!) to run all together!!! :lovestruc You girls didn't happen to make a video and one of you was dressed like a flamingo during the run, did you??? :lmao: (saw a video on Youtube when looking for Princess stuff)

Um....NO. No flamingo costumes here. :lmao: We are Goddesses!

Robert *is* a good listener.

WORD!

So, part one of this storm is just about over. 6" today. No snow day. Starting at some point tonight, we will get 2 feet. They haven't closed school YET, but it's coming...

So, part one of this storm is just about over. 6" today. No snow day. Starting at some point tonight, we will get 2 feet. They haven't closed school YET, but it's coming...[/B]

We got probably closer to 8" today. And we DID have a snow day. The snow started right around day break and came fast and furious for a while. Right now we're in a lull, and tomorrow is going to plain ol' suck. North of us will get all snow. We're in the snow/sleet/freezing rain zone. So yeah, I can guarantee there will be no school tomorrow either. That will be the 6th snow day, 5 in the last 3 weeks with several delayed openings and early closings thrown in for good measure. If we miss another day (after tomorrow) they start taking days away from April vacation. :sad2:

On the up side, I did get a killer workout in at the gym this morning, have been spot on with my food then shoveled for nearly an hour this afternoon. So, I just may have a little sumthin' for me tonight :drinking1

SNOW DAY for the whole family, but I will be working from home.

Sorry your so sick Amiee, :hug:

Meg, I am so very happy for you, I can't wait to hear all about him.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

My inlaws are on their way over. I am about to open a bottle of wine. Trust me, I deserve it! :rotfl:

OH! Speaking of sleep. I had the oddest dream. Stephen and I were driving down the road, on our way to some hotel somewhere to meet you and Liz when I realized that I left the quiche on the kitchen counter. He left me at some fancy schmancy exclusive "members only" kind of hotel where I met my mother in the parking lot (he was going back for the quiche). We weren't quite sure where to go, so she totally busted is into this place Salahe style (a la White house party crasher) where we ate their food, drank their booze and took the swag bags. Funny. I never did meet up with you :confused3

Love this dream!

Given the time of year, you will need a little of everything. And maybe one nice outfit. Goddesses don't look like sh*t. :rotfl2::lmao: Seriously though, Liz takes pictures of her outfits before she packs and posts them. I'm not kidding. These days, I rarely leave the house without consulting her. Last time I was shoe shopping, I had to text her a pic of the shoes I was considering for approval.

Just to be clear, it's not because I"m some shoe control freak...it's just that E lives in Maine where fleece is considered dressy. Around here, we like to say that dress fleece, Santa, and the Easter Bunny all live in the same place. :lmao:

I WILL give my entire packing list for you, though!

Well, I'm home from class finally. We ended up having 11 call outs from work all having the same symptoms - chest junk that's going around. Not fun! I Lysoled several desks and probably a few of my reps in the process. Let me tell ya, the floor had a chemical smell. :) Nothing sounds good to eat because I can't taste anything. Now get this, coffee doesn't even appeal to me. Did you feel that? The Earth just stopped revolving.

Ah, so that's what that was! :rotfl2:

A
Five this morning on the TM. Feet feel, well, normal. This could be good. I'll keep the appointment if the office isn't closed tomorrow. The snow started in the last hour and it's eerily quiet at work. Lots of working from home today. I'll stick it out. My commute is short and sweet - no highways. That's where trouble starts.

Foot update?

Rhona, we're getting lots of sleet mixed with snow this morning, I had to go out in it to petsit and it was slick, but now I'm home for the day. We're supposed to get 12-20inches or so. I'm good as long as I can keep my electricity! Yep, kids are homeschooled and proclaim that if the schools are out, they should be too. Fine by me, as that means I get a snow day as well! :thumbsup2

Oh, my you homeschool your own children? And they are still alive? I'm so impressed! :worship:

Okay, so I know you drink, I know you run, I know you like Disney...tell me more. Then I can ask all kinds of personal questions! :lmao:

Robert *is* a good listener.

Easily the best post of the day! :thumbsup2

Hey ladies, can't believe I haven't checked in yet on the new thread!! I'm one blissfully happy girl. I'm loving life in Vermont and I am so happy I'm here till Sunday! There have been so many amazing little moments that I can't begin to even share. He just got a snow day for tomorrow so he has his schedule cleared for the rest of the week and we can enjoy the snowshoes that I bought us.

So here's my one problem.... I can not for the life of me find a place I can run safely. I'm going to work it out and hope that I an get runs in the rest of the week. I am hoping that I'm trained enough to not have to worry about the few I've missed.

All this talk about the DL half, that was a big consideration for me for this year. I've never been to DL and I'm kind of drooling over the idea of some extra bling for it.

Sounds absolutely lovely! Good for you, Meg!

My inlaws are on their way over. I am about to open a bottle of wine. Trust me, I deserve it! :rotfl:

Just finished one. Debating opening another :goodvibes

Love this dream!

I know, right?! I woke up smiling.

Oh, my you homeschool your own children? And they are still alive? I'm so impressed! :worship:

:lmao: my thoughts exactly

Okay, so I know you drink, I know you run, I know you like Disney...tell me more.

oh wait. For a minute there, I thought you were talking about yourself :lmao:

Just got a text message. School has been cancelled for tomorrow. Boy, do I feel for parents who have to juggle childcare.

Nancy, I am one of those parents.. I hate it when I have to search for sitters because of schedule changes..

Its snowing so much I can not even see my mail box outside

I feel for you Jo. And for everyone who has to deal with these situations. I've been so spoiled. Stephen has worked at home, almost exclusively, since Becca was in 1st grade. So, if the kids were sick or had no school (be it vacation or whatever) he was here. Of course, the flip side to that is, Stephen is always home. Always. al.ways. Me, being home alone in my house, is such a rare event.

It's still snowing. We'll have a foot when it's done. 100 miles east of here they have two feet and counting. DGF and I both left work around midday. She beat me home and had to shovel to get up the driveway. We have shoveled a dachshund path twice and will do it again. The wind has picked up. It's a light snow and will blow around all night. We'll both work from home tomorrow.

My TM run today was fast and felt good. The feet feel better, but still achy - especially the left. The doc appointment is tomorrow. Hoping they don't cancel on me. I can't find an exact match for my complaint on the internet. I want someone who KNOWS what to look for to twist it around and say "does this hurt?" One encouraging thing I've found is "better in the morning = bones" "worse in the morning = softer stuff".

This all matters because this weekend is supposed to be 14 miles. I've got a plan though. I have two outside possibilities 1) run around the downtown airport. It's a closed loop, it's always plowed, there's no traffic and it's about 3.5 miles around, or 2) run up and down the ramps in the parking garage. That would be a lot of trips through the garage, but it would be better than the TM and protected from the wind, too. High temp Saturday will be mid 30s ... but, no sun in the garage. Game day decision.

I used the extra internet time this afternoon to fill my head with additional useless facts. Trivia night at church is this Saturday. The Qs are TOUGH. A team of church ladies is devoted to making it hard. Absolutely no cell phones. Pocket or purse, that's fine, but if it comes out your team is disqualified. Of course, for $20 you can by a phone-a-friend. It's all for school scholarships and in good fun. The winning team usually spans three generations. Plenty of food and booze. We all get smarter as the night goes on.

Ronda

Trivia night at church is this Saturday. The Qs are TOUGH. A team of church ladies is devoted to making it hard. Absolutely no cell phones. Pocket or purse, that's fine, but if it comes out your team is disqualified. Of course, for $20 you can by a phone-a-friend. It's all for school scholarships and in good fun. The winning team usually spans three generations. Plenty of food and booze. We all get smarter as the night goes on.

We do the same thing at our church! Minus the $20 phone a friend. That would be a great addition! We've had a team for YEARS! And guess when it is. Yep. The last weekend in Feb. I'll be at WDW. Sad that I'll miss trivia night, but really, not all *that* sad :laughing:

To me, the thought of running 14 miles up and down a parking garage is actually worse than the thought of running 14 miles on the TM. Good luck tomorrow! I hope the Dr. doesn't cancel on you.

Watching the Biggest Loser. Pissed at the dumb a$$ people. They are given an opportunity of a life time and to throw it away.....they deserve to be fat. Seriously.

Just to be clear, it's not because I"m some shoe control freak...it's just that E lives in Maine where fleece is considered dressy. Around here, we like to say that dress fleece, Santa, and the Easter Bunny all live in the same place. :lmao:

And don't forget fleece underwear!

SNOW DAY for the whole family, but I will be working from home.

Thanks for the get well wishes. I can't imagine very many businesses will be open tomorrow with as much snow as they are calling for. You have alcohol, right?

We got probably closer to 8" today. And we DID have a snow day. The snow started right around day break and came fast and furious for a while. Right now we're in a lull, and tomorrow is going to plain ol' suck. North of us will get all snow. We're in the snow/sleet/freezing rain zone. So yeah, I can guarantee there will be no school tomorrow either. That will be the 6th snow day, 5 in the last 3 weeks with several delayed openings and early closings thrown in for good measure. If we miss another day (after tomorrow) they start taking days away from April vacation. :sad2:

Next year, we are not going to let you ask for snow!!!

Um....NO. No flamingo costumes here. :lmao: We are Goddesses!

I did see a few guys in tutu's though, lol.

WORD!

So, part one of this storm is just about over. 6" today. No snow day. Starting at some point tonight, we will get 2 feet. They haven't closed school YET, but it's coming...

We have shoveled a dachshund path twice and will do it again.

Oh my gosh! The poor baby would sink in all of the snow!

I used the extra internet time this afternoon to fill my head with additional useless facts. Trivia night at church is this Saturday. The Qs are TOUGH. A team of church ladies is devoted to making it hard. Absolutely no cell phones. Pocket or purse, that's fine, but if it comes out your team is disqualified. Of course, for $20 you can by a phone-a-friend. It's all for school scholarships and in good fun. The winning team usually spans three generations. Plenty of food and booze. We all get smarter as the night goes on.

Ronda

I love useless facts - just call me Cliff Clavin, lol.

I think I got everybody. Forgive me if I didn't, I'm heavily medicated. I almost fell asleep looking at my computer at work. It was rough. I feel worse today than I did yesterday. We have several employees with confirmed flu, so it's probable that we all have the flu. All have the same symptoms. I finally felt like eating (comfort food, lol) - had a nutella sandwich on harvest grain bread. I couldn't taste it, but I used my imagination. I am sure it tasted good. Other than that, lots of water and tea for me.

I finally felt like eating (comfort food, lol) - had a nutella sandwich on harvest grain bread.

I heart nutella. :lovestruc

I made home-made pizza. Whole wheat crust, home made sauce, low fat cheese. It was outstanding. oh, and I washed it down with a *bit* of wine :rolleyes1

That sounds yummy Nancy (both the pizza and the wine). I really want to learn how to make crepes, so I can make nutella crepes once in a while.

oof. I just finished tracking my food for today. I'm a *tad* over. <sigh> ok. back at it tomorrow :thumbsup2

Hope you get better soon Amiee.

Well goddesses, I am off to Disney World. So you may hear from me even less over the next week, but I'll try to get on when I can (stupid Disney charging for internet.)

To all of you having to deal with all this snow mess, stay safe and keep warm. You all keep me really inspired when it comes to the training I'm starting, thanks for everything and allowing me to be a part of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter