I'm sticking my nose in Again: Booking

sm4987

<font color=deeppink>What us women do to be beauti
I was just thinking over my experience using a travel agent. This is the first time I have ever used one. I usually book everything myself. DU really helped make everything o.k., and I'm prone to use them when I book my cruise. But, I was wondering when you plan your Disney vacation, package or room only, do you do it yourself or use an agent????

I always do it all myself, mostly because I enjoy it so much. But unfortunately, I have also had some problems with TAs so I stear very clear of them. When you have this board and mousesavers.com, you can plan just about anything that has to do with WDW.

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed (still am) planning our very first trip to WDW. It's part of the fun in my opinion. Some if it can be a little frustrating like trying to figure out how to fit PSs into our itinerary, but fun nonetheless! I've learned so much from the nice people on this forum and have saved $$ in the process.:D

I always do my travel planning myself. It's fun and if anything gets screwed up I know who to blame;) .

I'm probably more detail oriented (ie anal:rolleyes: ) about my travel arrangements than a lot of people. My travel time is to important to me to trust to anyone else.

I have nothing against travel agents, since I just got my Travel and Tourism degree, I may one day be one. But, I am to must of a control freak to not do it myself.

I am an agent so I definately book it myself. If I screw something up, then I really let myself have it when I get home:hyper: I love doing the itinerary and ps res. It gets me really excited about my trip. I really like helping other (not so disney savy) people with their plans. I wish I would have had some expert Disney help when I planned my honeymoon 7 years ago. Boy, would I have done things differently. We had a wonderful time but if had known then what I know now.......I guess that's why I keep going back, trying to get it right.

I do the planning and booking myself. I don't like to have to worry about depending on someone else to care of our reservations, PS, etc.

For me, planning is half of going to WDW!

I let DU book my rooms and make some of my PS. Then I don't have to worry about getting up early and remembering what day I need to call for what. That was the part about trip planning I didn't like. I have used DU for 5 trips and have been really pleased.

I plan everything else. That's the part I like.

I always book my trips myself. I enjoy it! Lately I've let the itinerary planners of concierge book my ps, but I do all the other aspects of my vacation, airfare, transfers, etc. But I enjoy doing it myself.:D

In 1993 we booked thru a travel agent because it was our honeymoon. Too many other things to woryy about let alone plan a WDW vacation.

Since 1997, I have done ALL the bookings. In 2000 is when I found out all the different websites.

To me, booking our vacation OURSELVES is half the fun. As soon as our previous year vacation ends...the planning for next year BEGINS.

I am planning everything and making all the ressies myself, because I'm also very picky about this stuff, and if it isn't right, or I don't like something when I get there, I have only myself to blame.

Steph

I don't even wait until one is over before starting the next.
We've been going twice a year for a couple of years (DVC). I've got 3 definites and one almost definite trips planned. :teeth:

June 2004 - DD and nephews to AKL & OKW
December 2004 - DD and mom to BCV
March 2005 - DD, mom, 2 DB, 2 SIL, 2 nephew, 1 niece to OKW grand villa
June 2005 - maybe DD, aunt, two cousins OKW or CBR or POFQ

I use a TA for the room only reservation - I like to book ahead and then get the AP rates. Jean at Magical Journeys got the new rates on the day the codes came out even before I got out of bed. We're at a disadvantage out west in the Mountain time zone! Otherwise, I do everything else by myself - rental car, PSs, off-site locations like Kennedy Space Center, etc.

The first year we went, we were complete travel novices, and we booked through AAA. They set up a pkg. for us that included items we would not have chosen, and some we did not use, therefore we paid more than if we had booked ourselves. I researched and discovered the DC, became a member, and have since been booking our vacations on my own. When I learned about codes, and PH's, we really started saving!!::yes::

We've given in and become AP holders, so we always book room-only! Mickey's got a firm grip on us now!!!:teeth:

Our very first trip we used a TA and booked a package deal. There were no problems, except Mears, and all had a great time. For our second trip, we decided to book everything ourselves. I got some help from a friend who was also Disney possessed. She helped guide us and we saved around $3500.00 over the first trip. Since then, we’ve planned all of our trips ourselves, and I’ve even helped other families plan their first or return visits to Disney.

I think planning for the trip is as exciting as going.

I always do it myself. I have heard of, and seen, too many screw-ups by travel agents so I feel more comfortable doing it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!