I'm new to all of this

Mother Cardinal 2

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. My name is Andrea. I am a part-time student and full time wife and mother. I have been to Disney once in my life and have fond memories of my trip. My husband and I would like to take our kids this year. So far the whole planning process has been a bit overwhelming to me and for my husband the price is overwhelming and is worried we won't be able to go. Me being the type that doesn't take no for an answer I am determined for us to go. I could use all the help I can get! My husband has set the budget for airfare, hotel and cost of tickets at $2,700 max.

:welcome:
Before anyone can help we need to know how many people are going and the ages of the children and when you are planning to go.

We have a Budget Board here that may offer some helpful tips and check out the Codes and Rates board in the Resorts section for information on discounts.

Hello everyone. My name is Andrea. I am a part-time student and full time wife and mother. I have been to Disney once in my life and have fond memories of my trip. My husband and I would like to take our kids this year. So far the whole planning process has been a bit overwhelming to me and for my husband the price is overwhelming and is worried we won't be able to go. Me being the type that doesn't take no for an answer I am determined for us to go. I could use all the help I can get! My husband has set the budget for airfare, hotel and cost of tickets at $2,700 max.

:welcome: to the DIS! We definitely need more info. ::yes::

welcome
you have come to right place - start reading the planning threads and you will get lots of ideas/suggestions

Thanks for the warm welcome. There will be four of us going. Me, my husband and our two kids ages 12 and 8.

Hi, we would still need more info.

Dates -
What dates are you considering? Hotels have different rates at different times of the year, for the exact same accommodations. WDW refers to different "seasons." What time of year you travel can really affect the price of accommodations.

Travel -
Which airport will you be flying out of? Is driving a possibility?

Accommodations -
Onsite at a Disney resort or off-site? Off site can be cheaper, but you will most likely need/want a rental car, and don't forget to add in the daily parking fee at the parks, both which drive up cost $$. If you are interested in staying onsite, Disney has different levels of resorts. When you go to the WDW website, be sure to click on "Special Offers" to see if a discount is available.

Tickets -
If booking with Disney, you can book a package which includes tickets, or book "room only." If booking room only, check out Under Cover Tourist for a small discount on tickets. If you subscribe to Mousesavers, you can get an additional discount through a special link they provide.
*For tickets purposes, your 12y/o is considered a "Disney Adult." (This is true of the Disney Dining Plan, too.)

*You can also look into the "YES" program, to save on tickets.

Meals -
Plan to place an order and have some breakfast items delivered to your hotel room... granola bars, pop-tarts, juice boxes, fruit snacks, bottle water, etc. To save time and money, eat breakfast in your room while getting ready in the morning. Have Counter Service, (CS) meals for lunch and dinner. Read menus at this site or at All Ears, to get an idea of what's available and what it cost. If budget allows, splurge on a Table Service meal one night.

I think Disney is currently offering a discount for certain dates.

I recommend staying at a Disney Value resort, purchasing regular MYW tickets, (not hoppers or water park add-ons, as it cost more $$) using Disney's free transportation around the World, including to and from the airport, (Magical Express) and eating mostly CS meals.

Hope this info helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter