Idaho college murders

From what I have been reading on Twitter, there is much anger and shame directed to all those Tic Toc "armchair" detectives, that supposidly have made some people's lives hell through accusations that past weeks.

As much as I love social media, I feel some things have gotten too far where a nobody behind a phone can play detective from a distance. Let the professionals do their work.

From what I have been reading on Twitter, there is much anger and shame directed to all those Tic Toc "armchair" detectives, that supposidly have made some people's lives hell through accusations that past weeks.

As much as I love social media, I feel some things have gotten too far where a nobody behind a phone can play detective from a distance. Let the professionals do their work.
Not just anger and shame, lawsuit for a TikTok psychic who accused a professor of the murders

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-...ty-of-idaho-murders-her-suspect-is-suing.html

No doubt.

The Idaho Professor's lawsuit looks like a slam dunk now

First he gets a trial. I think people are forgetting that they have to prove he did it beyond a reasonable doubt. I hope they can find a jury pool that hasn't already made up their minds.

the laws in idaho protect defendants by not permitting the official release of the vast amounts of information about investigations that tend to pollute juries in other jurisdictions. this has led to public complaints of the police and investigators being too secretive in not releasing information in this and other recent high profile cases (vallow/daybell) but it serves to protect the innocent.

something that occurs to me that i do find fascinating-

if this individual is guilty, that as a phd student in criminology he chose to travel the 9 miles from his apartment in WA where insanity is a basis of defense/the death penalty has been abolished to the victim's house in ID where there is no insanity defense/the death penalty is in place and pursed by prosecutors. it's no secret to those of us who live near the boarder of the 2 states so i can't imagine a phd criminology student would be unaware.

On the news today, someone (I forgot who) has a friend in the circle and said that there is DNA evidence. She said this friend is trusted. Kaylees dad today I thought came the closest he has ever come to saying that Kaylee was the target due to the way she was stabbed. I'm guessing what they refer to is the anger stabbing.

I have to give the police credit here. The article I read was they had almost "12,000 tips and had identified more than 22,000 vehicles matching that make and model" which is a lot to go through. This was done after they released a request to identify a vehicle seen near the residence around the time of the murders.

My daughter has a white Hyundai Elantra. I wonder if she was investigated. ;)

According to one link above, the suspect asked for responses on social media about motivations for committing crimes and the feelings derived while committing them. Maybe he received few responses and had to find out for himself.

I always found it interesting that U of Idaho and Washington State were only 10 miles away from each other but apparently worlds apart.

the laws in idaho protect defendants by not permitting the official release of the vast amounts of information about investigations that tend to pollute juries in other jurisdictions. this has led to public complaints of the police and investigators being too secretive in not releasing information in this and other recent high profile cases (vallow/daybell) but it serves to protect the innocent.

something that occurs to me that i do find fascinating-

if this individual is guilty, that as a phd student in criminology he chose to travel the 9 miles from his apartment in WA where insanity is a basis of defense/the death penalty has been abolished to the victim's house in ID where there is no insanity defense/the death penalty is in place and pursed by prosecutors. it's no secret to those of us who live near the boarder of the 2 states so i can't imagine a phd criminology student would be unaware.
Maybe thought it would place the attention on another Campus other than his own and because of his Criminology background considered himself able to outsmart Investigators.

And possibly because of the closeness of the 2 Schools,he frequented THE MAD GREEK and Xana or Maddie caught his eye there and he began following one or both learning where they lived,etc. or maybe he frequented THE CORNER CLUB and Kaylee or Maddie caught his eye there.

Maybe even had a brief interaction with one of them where he felt "disrespected".

Possibly even he is the Stalker that Kaylee reportedly talked about.

Should have had a better escape plan-not a whole bunch of cars on the road in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
I just read on CNN that they found the guy by also using a “public database” of DNA data. I recall my cousin saying no way in heck he’s ever sending in a DNA sample to any genealogy company. His main reason was he didn’t want to find out he was father to some kid never knew he had during his wild 20s. (The guy is happily married for decades) and then he was telling me you can’t tell me there’s a way authorities can’t use this stuff to track people. (for the record my cousin hasn’t committed any crime but he’s just one of those type of guys that avoids any type of government control)

I just read on CNN that they found the guy by also using a “public database” of DNA data. I recall my cousin saying no way in heck he’s ever sending in a DNA sample to any genealogy company. His main reason was he didn’t want to find out he was father to some kid never knew he had during his wild 20s. (The guy is happily married for decades) and then he was telling me you can’t tell me there’s a way authorities can’t use this stuff to track people. (for the record my cousin hasn’t committed any crime but he’s just one of those type of guys that avoids any type of government control)
I don't want my dna info online either, but one of my sisters did ancestry so I am there by family association. :( She did get contacted by a second cousin we didn't know about (My maternal grandfather died when my mom was a baby and we know nothing about his family).

On the news today, someone (I forgot who) has a friend in the circle and said that there is DNA evidence. She said this friend is trusted. Kaylees dad today I thought came the closest he has ever come to saying that Kaylee was the target due to the way she was stabbed. I'm guessing what they refer to is the anger stabbing.

She could have fought back, causing him to stab himself, a lot of things to set him off. There is a lot we don't know and the speculation is really a waste of time. I think there are going to be a lot of surprises, if it goes to trial. He could pull a Chris Watts and just confess and avoid a trial, go straight to sentencing and stay silent on the details.

The use of the DNA databases is fascinating to me. I wonder how many criminals who committed crimes before these databases existed are constantly looking over the shoulders now wondering if they will be caught? A little bit of justice IMO.

Apparently he returned to Washington State and finished the fall semester as if nothing happened.

For sure.

But my guess is they have damning DNA evidence.
I have it from a source who is a good friend of one of the family members that they found DNA under both the girls nails.

The Aunt of Kaylee's Ex, Jack Decoeur <said that it wasn't him because both families expected them to get back together and get married. She owns a clothing store chain here.

Last edited:
High School classmates are saying he was socially awkward and was bullied ESPECIALLY BY FEMALES.

Looks like motive could indeed be pent up anger at girls that boiled over.

Possibly a brief encounter with Kaylee or one of the others where he felt rejected was his last straw.

I read he is no longer on Suicide Watch.

IMO he should stay on a tight Watch-give him zero opportunity for the easy way out

But, what about Jack Showalter? He checks a lot of boxes AND has a history of being creepy to girls. He was clearly seen following them at the food truck and the girls were irritated with him and told him to F*** off in enhanced audio. One of them took a selfie to show him in the background. This could have triigered him. He also owned a lot of knives and was kicked out of his frat. His parents are ridiculously wealthy and donate huge sums to the University.

I haven't vetted it yet but read that he had pictures of him gutting animals with knives. A couple of weeks not too far from the murders, a dog and been skinned and fileted. The police said it had nothing to do with it but, I lived there growing up and these things never happen. For two sadistic acts with a knife to happen within a few weeks and close in proximity is just too coincidental.

Also, it is possible there were more than one person or that more than one knife was used. I can imagine with that much blunt force a knife may break.

Wealthy people can make things disappear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter