• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I went bagless!

We are downgrading to a smaller bag this time around, but I could never go without one completely. I've been in too many situations where I wish I had something I didn't. Now I always have way more than I need.

I'd love to when we don't have the kids, but my leggings don't have pockets lol. And even though I charge everything to my magic band, I feel weird not having my wallet (and hand sanitizer). So I take a tiny bag.

Bagless is awesome! DW and I did it on our last trip in June. It was the first time we are able to go bagless because it was our first trip without our littles. Cargo shorts for phone chargers, wallet, a bit of cash, and everything else on magic bands. We would go to the concierge desk every evening or so to pay everything we had charged to magic bands so we could keep track of what we were spending. We definitely won't be able to do it as long as we're taking single digit aged kids though.

I use a Vera Bradley cross body. Holds what I need and any "may needs"...We have gone the last 3 Februarys during very busy President's week and bag check lines were never an issue holding us up, although we always arrive for RD or EMH and not again until late day at another park. Has something changed recently? We are headed to the World in May this year!

The thought of going bagless is definitely intriguing, but I just don't see it happening for us.

My gosh i couldn't imagine going bagless with kids -- the constant "i'm hungry, i'm thirsty" would have us somewhere buying something every 1/2 hour. I tend to also want my camera with us. I will have to try it this coming trip - adult only w/ a co-worker. I could probably manage with just my cell phone for my camera and a very small wristlet or tiny strap pocket book vs the heavy, packed with snacks and water back pack.

What do you women wear for shorts that safely hold your phone or wallet? None of my current ones have decent pockets that close and I'd be concerned on some rides about losing them. Also, what size is considered a bag? As I'm rethinking this, I could probably get by with a wristlet sized wallet...would that still mean going through bag check? Although, again never really had bag check line back ups. Considering all my options!

I went bagless once. I felt naked. I like a bag.
I don't mind bag check. Sometimes the bagless line takes longer to get through than the bag line.

I need a bag. I carry kleenex (I seem to always have a runny nose :guilty: ), sunglasses, phone, extra credit card, cash and ID, small mirror, lip gloss, hand sanitizer. Not putting all that in my pockets! Maybe small sunscreen for face. I bought this for next trip, it's actually pretty small:

Kiwi1.jpg

What do you women wear for shorts that safely hold your phone or wallet? None of my current ones have decent pockets that close and I'd be concerned on some rides about losing them. Also, what size is considered a bag? As I'm rethinking this, I could probably get by with a wristlet sized wallet...would that still mean going through bag check? Although, again never really had bag check line back ups. Considering all my options!
I have multiple pairs of cargo shorts and capris (Style & Co from Macys) - I call them my Disney Pants. Cell phone goes in one of the pockets on the leg - it has a flap that snaps so that the phone cannot fall out. Lip balm goes in the other pocket. I carry my AP, DVC, License, CC, and a little cash in a clear pouch hooked to a lanyard that I wear around my neck. I never carry a bag or purse.

Used to go bagless before kids. Now no way, and even if we pawn them off on someone I now have to carry an Epi-Pen, so I need a small bag at least.

What we bring into the parks has changed drastically over the years. We have gone bagless for the past few years now and I love it. I was the one always left holding the bag so to speak so it really works for me. We have whittled down our necessary items to the bare minimum. For me it's just a magic band and a phone. Anything else I need I can buy in the park if necessary. Love leaving my wallet in the room, it's one less thing to worry about losing. Luckily we've never had a problem with magic bands not working while paying for things so I don't need cash or cc.

Any bag of any size, even if it is a wristlet that only hold 1 credit card, is a bag. DD carries a phone case on a string and they direct her to the bag check lanes.

I went bagless once. I felt naked. I like a bag.
I don't mind bag check. Sometimes the bagless line takes longer to get through than the bag line.
What? That makes no sense. There are no lines for bagless entries. There's an entrance but you walk straight through. You don't even stop walking so I'm not sure how there can even be a line

I feel like I've never noticed how long the bag check lines are. Have they changed recently? Last time I was there was 2014 and the bag check lines weren't horrendous. We either arrive at a park before rope-drop or an hour or two after opening.

I don't know, I don't want to wear long shorts or pants just to be able to carry my stuff without a bag. And I wear sundresses/skirts too. But it's great different things work for different people! :)

I feel like I've never noticed how long the bag check lines are. Have they changed recently? Last time I was there was 2014 and the bag check lines weren't horrendous. We either arrive at a park before rope-drop or an hour or two after opening.
Yes, significantly. Changes started last summer after the Pulse shooting
An hour or two after rope drop is the peak entrance time of the day, lines don't get longer than then, it's the worse time to arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter