I went bagless!

My family has gone to the park a few times without bags and at first it was an odd feeling, but agreed definitely nice not to have to worry about it. Although I think going bagless is better in the short afternoon/evening parks visit. During the morning and day have a bag with water and snacks is so nice.

For the bagless folks, what do you do with sunglasses when you're inside or on a ride where you need to secure them? Do you use a rope on them? I wear aviators so they don't stay on top of my head and they're not secure just hanging from my shirt, so I always put them in my cross-body purse in those scenarios. And also for times when we're there as it's turning into night and I don't need them anymore. I could probably get away with going bagless if it weren't for the sunglasses!

I think my daughter's autograph book is giving me the most trouble.

Maybe get a locker for sweatshirts if it's going to get chilly at night.

As the sister of someone diagnosed with melanoma in her 20's, and someone who is incredibly fair - the idea of being in the Florida sun for hours without reapplying sunscreen is a ludicrous consideration.

I shall continue to carry my bag and enjoy my wrinkle free, non-sun damaged skin for years to come.

As the sister of someone diagnosed with melanoma in her 20's, and someone who is incredibly fair - the idea of being in the Florida sun for hours without reapplying sunscreen is a ludicrous consideration.

I shall continue to carry my bag and enjoy my wrinkle free, non-sun damaged skin for years to come.

Me too. I'm white as white can be, and not joking their is one Disney pick where I look like I'm glowing I'm so white! No way could I spend a day in the parks without a bottle of sunscreen. And I'm not cramming that into my pockets either.

Once I found these folding reading glasses, https://www.amazon.com/Reading-Glas...44894&sr=8-5&keywords=folding+reading+glasses I was able to go bagless. I don't carry them in the case, I just slip them in my pocket. I gifted these to my husband for Xmas, https://www.amazon.com/ThinOPTICS-A...4894&sr=8-11&keywords=folding+reading+glasses and they're pretty sweet too, he put them on the back of his phone.
I also look for sample size single use packets of sunscreen we can carry in our pockets in case we are out all day.
It's so nice to go bagless.

Many people who break mid-day and go back to their resort would have the opportunity to re-apply sunscreen. I suspect many of the "bagless" take a mid-day break, which is another reason it's easy to go bagless since it's really only for a few hours. We'll head back to a park around dinner time and it's often dark by then, depending on what month we're traveling in. So, even the bagless may have an opportunity to re-apply sunscreen.

I don't like things falling out of my pockets on a ride or sitting down somewhere. I use a small cross body bag as well.
This is where Sparkle Skirts for girls and cargo shorts (with flaps over the pockets) for boys come in very handy

For the bagless folks, what do you do with sunglasses when you're inside or on a ride where you need to secure them? Do you use a rope on them? I wear aviators so they don't stay on top of my head and they're not secure just hanging from my shirt, so I always put them in my cross-body purse in those scenarios. And also for times when we're there as it's turning into night and I don't need them anymore. I could probably get away with going bagless if it weren't for the sunglasses!
Well, I have the advantage of Transition Lenses glasses so I wear them all the time, inside or out. Sunglasses outside, regular glasses inside.
DH has never carried a bag but wears sunglasses (I imagine most men are like this). He puts his on his head or in a pocket when not needed. He has a soft glass case that I gave him, they came with my Maui Jim sunglasses that I no longer can wear thanks to the above glasses I now need to see anything.

Me too. I'm white as white can be, and not joking their is one Disney pick where I look like I'm glowing I'm so white! No way could I spend a day in the parks without a bottle of sunscreen. And I'm not cramming that into my pockets either.
No one is paler than DH, strawberry blond nordic descent. He applies in the morning and carries a small tube for later but rarely remembers to apply it. What he starts the day with seems to last him fine, he never gets burned.

No one is paler than DH, strawberry blond nordic descent. He applies in the morning and carries a small tube for later but rarely remembers to apply it. What he starts the day with seems to last him fine, he never gets burned.

He is lucky. I would be a lobster if I didn't reapply. A few hours in and my skin starts to tingle, which is my cue to reapply. Plus I carry a stick for the part in my hair (and that hurts when burned) and my ears. My lip balm also has sunblock in it.

And if you are counting I'm already at 3 separate items I take into the park with me. I haven't even started with my allergy meds and my inhaler, and kleenex, and phone, and advil, and tums.... And I would be uncomfortable with that all in my pockets.

This has always been our experience too and I think part of this is because we aren't always in the direct sun. In fact, most of our day is spent on indoor rides, indoor queues, or at least shaded queues. We're shaded or indoors while eating usually as well.

This has always been our experience too and I think part of this is because we aren't always in the direct sun. In fact, most of our day is spent on indoor rides, indoor queues, or at least shaded queues. We're shaded or indoors while eating usually as well.
Hadn't thought of it but that is probably the same for DH. He stays out of any direct sun anytime it's possible to. I may stand in the sun but he'll find shade and join me later. DH is always seeking out a way to cool off so he'll be indoors a lot too.

This is where Sparkle Skirts for girls and cargo shorts (with flaps over the pockets) for boys come in very handy

Well, I have the advantage of Transition Lenses glasses so I wear them all the time, inside or out. Sunglasses outside, regular glasses inside.
DH has never carried a bag but wears sunglasses (I imagine most men are like this). He puts his on his head or in a pocket when not needed. He has a soft glass case that I gave him, they came with my Maui Jim sunglasses that I no longer can wear thanks to the above glasses I now need to see anything.

Just looked up Sparkle skirts... they're cute but not my style. And I have the sunglasses issue too... they're good Maui Jim's so late in the day I put them in the soft case and put them in my bag too.

I second the recommendation of the individual sunscreen packets. Sure, apply from the bottle in the morning, but whether you use a bag or not, those packets weigh a lot less and can easily cover two people wearing park clothes.

I enjoy my little mini backpack! I choose not to go bagless, but I suppose I could do it if I was just poppin' in to see the fireworks or something.

I would so love to go bagless! Being an avid photographer no phone camera will be good enough and phones are hard for me to hold steady enough for a picture close to the quality of any of my cameras. We don't have kid stuff to carry but minimize what we carry down to the essentials of money; chapstick; small bottle of suncreen, headache meds; small water bottle; and phone. I don't care how my fanny pack looks; it works for me.

I wear a lanyard with my ID, AP, an emergency credit card and a $20. My phone is in one pocket, my portable charger is in the other pocket.

41LQMxp%2BDUL.jpg

This is brilliant. I'm so trying this next trip!

Would love to go bagless but never have been able to. I have to carry medicine with me and some other neccesities. I can get away with a small crossbody but that is it. There is hope I may be able to stop taking my medicine before my next trip so I am hoping to try bagless in October. My problem has been finding a lightweight crossbody that won't dig into my neck. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter