I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 10% off ShopDisney offers on my CFU and United Quest cards. DOC says there are also 10% at Best Buy offers floating around, but I struck out on that one.

I've been Hilton Diamond for awhile since it keeps getting extended, lots of stays in various places and never an upgrade, rarely acknowledgement. Dh is Gold, I booked DoubleTree Disney Springs with his fnc, I never book under him, and he gets an upgrade. Thinking he needs to hold Aspire and Diamond lol I do like the DT and would stay here again.

If you're wondering about rental car situation in Orlando, my reservation dropped about $300 over the past 2 months. There are Chrysler Pacificas everywhere. The National Executive aisle had at least 4 which was fine, we are 5 this trip and needed the space.

Today we move over to AKL Kids I after a full day at Universal.

Success! Wound up getting the 10% back up to $25 statement credit for Best Buy on the IHG card, Ritz Carlton card and the Hyatt business cards.

Not sure if this was reported here as I’ve been mostly skimming. Anyone who applied for the Hyatt business card back during the launch should be getting a 5 elite nights credit towards status. The T&Cs mistakenly had that as part of the offer. Chase is reportedly going to honor that. I called to see if mine would be deposited and was told that it would at the next statement closing date. Yay!

Congrats! I understand about being stressed out, I've been in those shoes of being pregnant with a spouse who got laid off. It all worked out in the end for us; sending good thoughts your way for it to all work out for you too. The silver lining was the time DH got to spend with DD as a baby, seems like the only time he's had those opportunities is when he's been laid off.

Would you consider a Discover It card, especially since you're at 1/24? That's the one that has the quarterly rotating 5% cash back bonus categories and no annual fee. And for the first 12 months your total cash back gets doubled, making those quarterly categories 10% cash back and your everywhere else spend 2%. The 5% is capped at $1500 spend per quarter on the bonus categories; anything over $1500 is the usual 1% (doubled in the first year to 2%). Using a support link will get you a $100 statement credit when you make your first purchase within 30 days of approval. This year the 5% categories are:
  • Jan-Mar - Groceries, fitness clubs, gym memberships
  • Apr-Jun - Gas stations and Target
  • Jul-Aug - Restaurants and Paypal
  • Sep-Dec - Amazon and digital wallets (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay)
CFU would be the simplest for sure. You wouldn't need to pay attention to maxing out any bonus category, and that has some value. If you maxed out the Discover It 5% categories this year by spending $1500 per quarter, you'd get $600 for $6000 spend instead of 60K URs for $20K spend on the CFU. More effort, but more return.
To add on to this great write up, for the Discover It you can actually get 5 quarters doubled if you apply within a quarter. Say you apply Feb 1, that will give you all 4 qtrs of 2022, plus Q1 2023 within your first year cash back match. So up to $750 for $7500 in spend, depending on how fast you can max out a quarter. Add in the $100 statement credit from a support link and it's a decent return for when chasing sign ups is too much to handle. (Or a good supplement to sign ups if you have too much spend going.)

First trip to Staples complete. Hoping for five trips this week.

Now it's time to attempt to fill out the FAFSA application.

And it's snowing again. I'm so over this.

We got our Fafsa done but still need to do the CSS. One more year after this and we will be done with those after 8 years straight. Be so happy to be done with that!

We dropped DS off yesterday and decided to keep driving south to get out of the mess. I know DH is tired of teleworking but comes in handy at times like this! Will take 2 weeks away from the snow and cold.

We got our Fafsa done but still need to do the CSS. One more year after this and we will be done with those after 8 years straight. Be so happy to be done with that!

We dropped DS off yesterday and decided to keep driving south to get out of the mess. I know DH is tired of teleworking but comes in handy at times like this! Will take 2 weeks away from the snow and cold.
So glad I only have to do FAFSA and don't have to bug the ex to do it. I am done but don't have a ton of confidence that I did everything correctly. But I tried.

Enjoy the warmer temperatures!

I tried to talk DS into doing remote for the next 2 weeks but he prefers to be in person. And with having Bio and an AP class, it is probably for the better. But I so want to escape the cold!

Hello all! I’m asking here because I’ve been searching forever and for some reason just can’t find the answer. I recently did the Frontier status match to get 50k status with frontier. I want to book flights with Chase UR points through their portal but can’t figure out how to apply my 50k status to get the free bags. Idk why I’m finding this so difficult when I assume there is an obvious solution. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

I'm supposed to go south this weekend coming up. Not sure if I'm going yet. Reservations made. Car not ready. Nothing packed. That's all easily remedied. No more excuses.

Anyone had an issue adding a personal Chase checking account to a Biz account to pay the cards? Get an error they cannot verify I own the account and that I have to use the other account's Bill Pay feature instead. Suppose would it be simpler to have them merge the two accounts? Anything bad with that now-a-days? Always used an external account that I now need to close so trying to get things switched over...

Hello all! I’m asking here because I’ve been searching forever and for some reason just can’t find the answer. I recently did the Frontier status match to get 50k status with frontier. I want to book flights with Chase UR points through their portal but can’t figure out how to apply my 50k status to get the free bags. Idk why I’m finding this so difficult when I assume there is an obvious solution. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

I've never done this so this is just a guess, if it is possible: If you book through Chase, you should get a record locator number. Take that number to Frontier's website, login and manage your reservation using that record locator number. I'm thinking this would be the way to get your 50k status.

Last year I status matched to Frontier 100k. I recall I had to book everyone on Frontier on the same reservation to get my benefits applied, and I thought there was something about not being able to do it after the fact. So honestly, not sure you'll get your benefits if you book with an OTA, but not sure.

So last year I signed up for the amex instacart offer. It's expiring in a couple weeks. I've been using it but not all that much. There looks to be a Chase offer on it until April. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm leaning to canceling it altogether.

I would add in the Chase offer personally, and it extends your expiration until April. I thought there was a Hilton offer that would extend it another 2 months as well. I always use it for Aldi- free pickup and get 5% back. Plus what I love about Instacart vs some other shopping systems is that if there are any items that are low quality, it's just a few clicks and they immediately credit your account. Easy peasy.

We use it when traveling too to have groceries like snacks and beverages delivered to our hotel room.

You can immediately turn off the auto-renewal so there's no reason not activate it. And I often get offers like $10 off $30, etc.

I recall reading somewhere in the T&C's of the offer to allow up to 8 weeks for the bonus to post after the quarter ended. I'll start worrying about it then.
Thanks! I didn’t remember seeing that about the 8 weeks. Might be because I didn’t read the T&Cs thoroughly. I’ll make a note to start daily checking in March. 😀

Anyone had an issue adding a personal Chase checking account to a Biz account to pay the cards? Get an error they cannot verify I own the account and that I have to use the other account's Bill Pay feature instead. Suppose would it be simpler to have them merge the two accounts? Anything bad with that now-a-days? Always used an external account that I now need to close so trying to get things switched over...
You can call in for them to add your bank account but I found a work around for those call averse like me. If you call the automated line there is an option to pay by phone. You put in your account info then your bank info and payment amount. I usually do a small amount like $5 or $10. You will see it post, then once it does voila, your bank account is linked and you'll be able to pay online.

@snugglebug, @platamama, @wanderlust7, @becauseimnew

A few months back I'd done the biz plat 150k offer +4x for referring P2 to the Lowe's card, recapped here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3821593/post-63545836
As I'm working towards my MSR, I see that I'm not earning 4x, nor did I receive the referral bonus. Chatting with Amex, they see no record of the referral and had to submit it to the backend team, which can take 6-8 weeks for a resolution. I have screenshots of everything, the whole sequence of referring, applying and approval. Between the spend and the bonus, that's worth 75k MRs, so it's not small potatoes.

In looking at my screenshot, there is language that says "This offer can only be redeemed once." I think there was a similar offer on a different card which I did make a referral on. I took "This offer can only be redeemed once" to be the specific offer showing on that card, not across all cards. For example, the 55k referral max is per card, not across all cards. You would think I would at a minimum get the 15k, but even that didn't come through.

Anybody have any thoughts? Think I'm screwed on this one?

ETA: According to this article, Amex has confirmed it is once per card, not cardmember, so I guess I will wait for the backend team to review it. I should be good.

https://milenomics.com/2021/10/american-express-4-for-us-the-best-promotion-youve-never-heard-of/
ETA2: Looks like I got an email confirming that I would be earning the 4x, but it was on a different card. I know I was really careful about selecting the right card, but my screenshots don't show which card, perhaps I made a mistake. Ugh, has this happened to anyone? Perhaps I am just out of luck here. The 15k referral did post to that other card. Now I feel like there are eyes on the account I would prefer there not be. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter