I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my Marriott Bonvoy this month as well but I've never seen that screen. How do you get to this? Now I'm nervous my card was signed up without the proper offer or whatever.
That is a screenshot from my chase app

That's wild. My app says "rewards unavailable" so I panicked and called them. All good apparently but the said the web site (perhaps this is related to the app as well) was being updated.

I'll just mention that in case anybody else had the same question.

Mine
That's wild. My app says "rewards unavailable" so I panicked and called them. All good apparently but the said the web site (perhaps this is related to the app as well) was being updated.

I'll just mention that in case anybody else had the same question.
Mine says that about the rewards. But it does show the new cardholder stuff.

well P2 got a ciu bix in the mail today so I guess his was approved too! so now 2 $7500 msr to hit! Harder with only a 3k limit. more planning involved than just big charges!

he has a csp we can transfer ur to, hoping csr comes with large sub soon so i can get one again (previous 5 years ago), pc'd to CF

So last year I signed up for the amex instacart offer. It's expiring in a couple weeks. I've been using it but not all that much. There looks to be a Chase offer on it until April. Anybody have any thoughts? I'm leaning to canceling it altogether.

All this talk about Zaxby's means I need to try it when I get to Orlando in 10 days. I love Chick-Fil-A, really liked Cane's when it was near me. What should I be ordering for my first trip?

It's all chicken so I'd just go for what you like. I'd either get strips or a sandwich on a bun, I like texas toast but not for my sandwich bread. The crinkle fries and zax sauce, yum.

I'm looking forward to finally trying Canes when I'm in AZ in March. I noticed them when I was looking at google maps to see what was around the two hotels I'm staying at. And I'll get an In n Out fix which is good. Haven't started looking for other places to eat yet since if there's spring training that'll probably mean I'll just eat one meal at the park. And I'll have resort credit to use at the hilton.

All this talk about Zaxby's means I need to try it when I get to Orlando in 10 days. I love Chick-Fil-A, really liked Cane's when it was near me. What should I be ordering for my first trip?

i always get the kids meal strips at CFA so that is what I ordered. The strips were very greasy and I’m just not a fan of crinklecut fries. They gave me like a 10 gallon drink for a kids meal and I’m pretty sure the “lemonade” was just sugar water. I dumped 95% of it. Wasn’t a great experience. Plus the drive through line took forever.

At their best, Canes chicken strips are better than Zaxby's, which are better than CFA, but CFA is the most consistent. (Can you tell we eat too many chicken strips here?)

ETA: Just to complete my votes here, crinkle cut fries are better that waffle cut fries; Canes and Zaxby's signature sauces are better than CFA's sauce; and the Zaxby's nearest our house has the fancy Coke machine with a zillion flavors, and is self-serve, which we appreciate but I understand that not everyone does.

Last edited:
i always get the kids meal strips at CFA so that is what I ordered. The strips were very greasy and I’m just not a fan of crinklecut fries. They gave me like a 10 gallon drink for a kids meal and I’m pretty sure the “lemonade” was just sugar water. I dumped 95% of it. Wasn’t a great experience. Plus the drive through line took forever.

For me it's the opposite. CFA is often greasy and given me an upset stomach because of it more than once. And I don't like waffle cut fries, there are so many better cuts. Never felt that Zaxby's was too greasy. But this is a topic that we all know there will never be an agreement on in this thread :)

I also never get lemonade at any food place, fast or sit down, unless I know it's actually made and not like minute maid or something equally as awful.

well P2 got a ciu bix in the mail today so I guess his was approved too! so now 2 $7500 msr to hit! Harder with only a 3k limit. more planning involved than just big charges!

he has a csp we can transfer ur to, hoping csr comes with large sub soon so i can get one again (previous 5 years ago), pc'd to CF
I just saw on Reddit that the CSR SUB is 70k

Hi friends! A belated Happy New Year to everyone! I just caught up on the last 35 pages after some time away. I kind of burned out on chasing CC rewards last year and dropped off the boards as a result.

DH and I also had some big life changes happen in the last part of 2021 - we found out in October that DH's job was going to be eliminated effective January 1. Immediately after we found out about DH's job, we found out that I am expecting a baby due in June 2022! We are excited and also extremely stressed out right now!

We already have lots of baby expenses coming up, but that + our monthly budget is not enough to meet a big MSR with organic spend in the usual 3 month period. I was wondering if there's one of those tiered bonuses available where you can get a decent bonus after spending X amount in 6 or 12 months? I was looking at the 3% back for 12 months offer on the CFU, which while not a great SUB would be a low-pressure way to get a better return on everyday spending. Something with cashback (vs airline or hotel points) and no AF would be ideal. I'm at 1/24, and I have several Inks + the CSR/SW Priority/WOH + Amex BBP already. Happy to hear any suggestions!

Hi friends! A belated Happy New Year to everyone! I just caught up on the last 35 pages after some time away. I kind of burned out on chasing CC rewards last year and dropped off the boards as a result.

DH and I also had some big life changes happen in the last part of 2021 - we found out in October that DH's job was going to be eliminated effective January 1. Immediately after we found out about DH's job, we found out that I am expecting a baby due in June 2022! We are excited and also extremely stressed out right now!

We already have lots of baby expenses coming up, but that + our monthly budget is not enough to meet a big MSR with organic spend in the usual 3 month period. I was wondering if there's one of those tiered bonuses available where you can get a decent bonus after spending X amount in 6 or 12 months? I was looking at the 3% back for 12 months offer on the CFU, which while not a great SUB would be a low-pressure way to get a better return on everyday spending. Something with cashback (vs airline or hotel points) and no AF would be ideal. I'm at 1/24, and I have several Inks + the CSR/SW Priority/WOH + Amex BBP already. Happy to hear any suggestions!

Congrats!

Doesn't meet all the criteria, but maybe the Resy Gold? 75k for $4000 over 6 months. 20% back on restaurants up to $250. Earns 4x restaurants and grocery, $250 AF.
https://resy.com/amex-offers

Congrats! I understand about being stressed out, I've been in those shoes of being pregnant with a spouse who got laid off. It all worked out in the end for us; sending good thoughts your way for it to all work out for you too. The silver lining was the time DH got to spend with DD as a baby, seems like the only time he's had those opportunities is when he's been laid off.

Would you consider a Discover It card, especially since you're at 1/24? That's the one that has the quarterly rotating 5% cash back bonus categories and no annual fee. And for the first 12 months your total cash back gets doubled, making those quarterly categories 10% cash back and your everywhere else spend 2%. The 5% is capped at $1500 spend per quarter on the bonus categories; anything over $1500 is the usual 1% (doubled in the first year to 2%). Using a support link will get you a $100 statement credit when you make your first purchase within 30 days of approval. This year the 5% categories are:
  • Jan-Mar - Groceries, fitness clubs, gym memberships
  • Apr-Jun - Gas stations and Target
  • Jul-Aug - Restaurants and Paypal
  • Sep-Dec - Amazon and digital wallets (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay)
CFU would be the simplest for sure. You wouldn't need to pay attention to maxing out any bonus category, and that has some value. If you maxed out the Discover It 5% categories this year by spending $1500 per quarter, you'd get $600 for $6000 spend instead of 60K URs for $20K spend on the CFU. More effort, but more return.

Congrats on the baby! Sorry about your dh being laid off though

I just received my away luggage pieces and I’m very excited to use them! I’m a first time purchaser. Can someone tell me if you received dust covers for your luggage? Mine did not come with them but DD said they should have.

I just received my away luggage pieces and I’m very excited to use them! I’m a first time purchaser. Can someone tell me if you received dust covers for your luggage? Mine did not come with them but DD said they should have.

Ours did. What color did you get? We currently have Coast and White in the carry-on size.

The carryons came with dust cover, but not the checked luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter