I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry can’t tell if my link to the blog post is working. View From the Wing has a write up on a new requirement for a negative Covid test for International arrivals into the US starting Jan 26th.

Yes, your link worked fine. They are wonky in a lot of posts all over the Dis.

The CDC has a whole write up on it also.

Thanks for all the reassurance on the Chase statement thing. So so weird. First I got one... and then suddenly I was getting four!

Here is something I thought might give you a smile. I've been neglecting my BBP...

View attachment 549800

That one little point can come in handy if you can get one of those Amazon Amex shop with points promos to work. :)

Since I'm not going anywhere, I'm not following the travel protocols. Who is requiring the test? Can you explain further? Daughter is flying to Mexico in a week, and I haven't been able to ask any questions. (I sort of spouted off so it's a subject best left alone right now.)

she would need to look around PV to see if there is any test centers available to use in order for her to fly back. Its still pretty new so idk how it all works but most ppl are seeing it would cost a little over $100 at these sites. i saw some ppl post a list for Cancun and Playa but havent seen a list for PV yet.

The majority of the ppl i know who has trips to mexico in the next couple weeks have cancelled. :\

I was just thinking about redeeming my A+ miles for a restaurant charge. I’d have to have a $100 bill to be able to do this? That doesn’t make sense, especially considering you can redeem miles for gas. Don’t think I’ve ever paid $100 to fill any gas tank, even when gas was $4/gallon.

I'm considering cancelling my A+. I’ve had it since April 2019 so in a couple months I’ll hit the annual fee again, and this card (I thought I’d use it a lot!) just isn’t pulling its weight in my wallet. So I want to cash out my miles for the best deal I can get. I have around 6,700 miles on there I believe. Question is, will I regret not having this card? Is the whole chip and pin thing for Europe not such a big deal anymore? Don’t know when we’ll finally make it over there, but I bet we will eventually.

I decided to keep both mine and DH’s Arrival Plus. I kept them primarily because it is a card you can’t get anymore, from a different bank, and it is a MasterCard when the majority of our cards are Visa or Amex. The AF can be paid with points/miles (and you even get the points back as with travel). I did that just this week.

I was just thinking about redeeming my A+ miles for a restaurant charge. I’d have to have a $100 bill to be able to do this? That doesn’t make sense, especially considering you can redeem miles for gas. Don’t think I’ve ever paid $100 to fill any gas tank, even when gas was $4/gallon.

I'm considering cancelling my A+. I’ve had it since April 2019 so in a couple months I’ll hit the annual fee again, and this card (I thought I’d use it a lot!) just isn’t pulling its weight in my wallet. So I want to cash out my miles for the best deal I can get. I have around 6,700 miles on there I believe. Question is, will I regret not having this card? Is the whole chip and pin thing for Europe not such a big deal anymore? Don’t know when we’ll finally make it over there, but I bet we will eventually.

It's too bad they don't seem to allow downgrading to the no fee Arrival anymore. The Schwab debit might work for chip and pin if you have that. I forgot my Arrival last trip and used the Schwab. Only had issues at a parking machine in Iceland and a gas station in Scotland.

Who knows, you might have some other Barclays card by the time you go. :)

Finally found where the letter posted for DH's Ink Biz denial. For some reason it posted to his personal account instead of his business login. Denial is based on age of business (7 years of rental income) and credit score (which it lists as 860/900 Experion).

If I had found this sooner, I probably would have had him call. At this point, we've already paid the taxes and insurance I was planning to put on it and I don't want to deal with a 15k msr. I don't suppose we could call recon after 27 days and request a different card? He's never had a CIU. Probably better to apply again after 30 days, or wait 60? We aren't really in a rush. I've gotten the "we need more info" before but never a full denial on Biz. Is it even worth calling?

Feel like I messed up on that one, but at least I learned where to find the letter next time instead of waiting for it in the mail.

If I buy a Cheesecake Factory gift card online do is count towards the Amex Gold dining credit?
I joined Weight Watchers this month so no grubhub for us this month. I got everything I need from boxed last month.
Hoping to grab a few CF gift cards in the next few months but don’t have one close enough to stop there for a gift card.

I got the news yesterday that my 30pt DVC contract to add on at Boardwalk passed ROFR. I am so happy! I put a $2500 deposit on my new Amex Plat without really thinking what would happen if I didn’t pass and got the deposit back.

Very excited to have some Boardwalk points to use when RunDisney weekends return, but not happy to get the news the same day they announce no ME. I bought these points mostly for older DD and myself to do girls weekend without DH and the little kids and ME was a big part of that for us.

If I buy a Cheesecake Factory gift card online do is count towards the Amex Gold dining credit?
I joined Weight Watchers this month so no grubhub for us this month. I got everything I need from boxed last month.
Hoping to grab a few CF gift cards in the next few months but don’t have one close enough to stop there for a gift card.
Unfortunately not. You can buy them in the restaurant and they count but not online.

I’m assuming you’re referring to the new Covid testing requirement. I just read about it on View From the Wing. He mentioned that he thinks it’s going to be a blow to travel for the exact reason you mentioned. Who’s going to want to take time during vacation to get tested in time to return home? Etc etc ☹
Yep. Considering we don’t leave the resort once we are there, I don’t want to be searching for and having to worry about test results in order to fly home. The resort has COVID travel insurance included but still. Maybe things will change by March but I think they will only get more stringent.

I got the news yesterday that my 30pt DVC contract to add on at Boardwalk passed ROFR. I am so happy! I put a $2500 deposit on my new Amex Plat without really thinking what would happen if I didn’t pass and got the deposit back.

Very excited to have some Boardwalk points to use when RunDisney weekends return, but not happy to get the news the same day they announce no ME. I bought these points mostly for older DD and myself to do girls weekend without DH and the little kids and ME was a big part of that for us.
Congrats! Yes, Disney is definitely removing the pixie dust.

Congrats on passing. Yes the end of DME is going to affect a lot of families. It’s what made going to disney so easy for us. No luggage to deal with and no driving.

she would need to look around PV to see if there is any test centers available to use in order for her to fly back. Its still pretty new so idk how it all works but most ppl are seeing it would cost a little over $100 at these sites. i saw some ppl post a list for Cancun and Playa but havent seen a list for PV yet.

The majority of the ppl i know who has trips to mexico in the next couple weeks have cancelled. :\

Which is in my opinion, the smart thing to do. The border is closed to car travel until Jan 21, I think it is and that will probably be upped as we get closer to the date, considering the state of things right now. Some had suggested flying in and driving out, which would be somewhat feasible from Cancun, but not from PV.

I have this extended family that is all over the world. It doesn't usually bother me, but the potential for infection or being stuck for a quarantine or getting sick and not able to get healthcare does. I also acknowledge that I have a heightened anxiety now, and because of that maybe I'm reacting a little more radically than I would normally. The events of the last week compound that, and now this restriction has led to more worry.

:tink: Welcome Home!🎆🎆🎆

I decided to keep both mine and DH’s Arrival Plus. I kept them primarily because it is a card you can’t get anymore, from a different bank, and it is a MasterCard when the majority of our cards are Visa or Amex. The AF can be paid with points/miles (and you even get the points back as with travel). I did that just this week.
This is definitely an option (paying AF with points). I could do that for this year and then see in spring ‘22 where we are with the possibility for international travel then.
It's too bad they don't seem to allow downgrading to the no fee Arrival anymore. The Schwab debit might work for chip and pin if you have that. I forgot my Arrival last trip and used the Schwab. Only had issues at a parking machine in Iceland and a gas station in Scotland.

Who knows, you might have some other Barclays card by the time you go. :)
I don’t have a Schwab acct right now, but this is the year of MRs for me so maybe next fall I’ll be moving in that direction.

I have an electronic visa GC that I have a random small amount on, does anywhere online auto drain so I can use up the GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter