I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you follow bank bonuses so some highlights as of late:

Wells Fargo: more complicated but they have a $400 bonus offer for making $3k in combined deposits for 3 months. ACHs have been triggering the bonus. I’m waiting on my bonus as I just completed reqs (hopefully, I used Ally). Notable because $400 is a huge bank bonus
Thanks for this info. The direct deposit checking offers like this Wells one... I always assumed you had to mess with calling HR and filling out forms to get your check redirected. Can you ACH instead to fulfill the direct deposit requirements or maybe schedule the ach from another bank acct instead of doing it for that day? Sorry if this is a really dumb question- I never do these checking acct deals just the savings acct ones occasionally

The 6am update was my wife is going. Luckily I had packed for her yesterday against her wishes so that we at least made sure we had space for her stuff. She said when she woke up she realized that she’d just miss the kids too much and that she can’t let the anxiety win.

Flight takes off at 1pm and we leave for the airport in 30 minutes. I’m running on 4 hours of sleep (plus a 45 min nap that I just had) and have a terrible headache. Thanks all for the prayers - hopefully the rest of the day goes smooth.

The 6am update was my wife is going. Luckily I had packed for her yesterday against her wishes so that we at least made sure we had space for her stuff. She said when she woke up she realized that she’d just miss the kids too much and that she can’t let the anxiety win.

Flight takes off at 1pm and we leave for the airport in 30 minutes. I’m running on 4 hours of sleep (plus a 45 min nap that I just had) and have a terrible headache. Thanks all for the prayers - hopefully the rest of the day goes smooth.

That is great news. Hope you have a great flight (weather looks good on east coast, so you should be good to go!!!). Kudos to your wife for overcoming this difficult time she is having. My sister has a very bad phobia to fly and she takes a 5 mg valium AND Dramamine together. Her friend is a pharmacist and recommended it and my sister says it works wonderful. (I know you can't get that medication now but maybe for future trips) Have a great vacation.

We had verizon forever. Just about 3 months ago I switched us to total wireless. Runs on verizon towers and half the price. It has been great, to the extent that I forget we switched unless the topic of carriers comes up.
I've had pageplus forever and I'm ready to switch.... service is getting worse and I'm sick of it(runs on verizon towers supposedly too) I may try total

I’m SO SO SO glad to hear this!! Hugs for you guys and best wishes for an amazing vacation!!

I will admit that we have had trips to Disney in the past where we decided to drive instead of fly about 48 hours before departure (another “hate to fly” person here!)

Chase UR are REALLY helpful for those random along the highway hotel stops. Great values for rooms like those and you can almost always find the chains (Holiday Inn, HIE, Marriott, Hampton Inns etc) for waaaay less points than using points directly. Just something to keep in mind for the future. We do a LOT of quick overnights on the side of the highway due to the fact that I would much rather drive than fly, and we live in the middle of nowhere, so there are very few desirable “destinations” within a day’s drive.

wait..... I missed this too.... is it b/c it's new biz card that I could potentially go for another biz in addition to my current one?

Yes. The one-SW card rule only applies to consumer cards. The 24-month restriction on the Performance biz card bonus is product-specific, i.e., only applies to the Performance card, so it doesn't make you ineligible for the Performance biz bonus if you've gotten the Premier biz bonus in the last 24 months. Standard rules and guidelines for Chase biz card apps apply.

Last edited:
great, thanks for posting. Just keep waiting, just keep waiting...

ETA: the quote got lost. This was regarding spg free night cert.

Last edited:
@SouthFayetteFan I am so glad I didn’t read any is this until now, so that I saw your update in the first post and didn’t stress out over the rest of the posts. I am so glad she is going with you! Have a wonderful trip!
Yep - same here. Really considerate move going back to edit the original post.

Safe travels @SouthFayetteFan
Thanks guys! I thought it was the right move to edit it - spoiler alert HAHA!

Is everyone seeing the same availability? I thought it was weird that they were showing one band as available from each category. I kept getting an error trying to add the Belle one for DD though. I ended up getting Toy Story for her and Castle for me. I'll have to wait on the snacks one!
Castle hasn't popped up anytime I have looked. I have it from buying it full price earlier this year though. Not sure that would matter as far as what it shows me. Options are terrible. I wish they'd somehow link a $15 credit to each person and let us pick one in the parks so we could get what we want.

Thanks so much for the feedback! :thanks: So the price does include the resort fee but not transportation to/from the airport. I think you all confirmed what I was feeling, the price difference (especially when looking per person) seems worth it for the ease of walking to/from Epcot and for the overall nicer resort. We just got back from BCV and it really drove home how how great it to just be able to walk to/from the park. My mom said it's up to me so I think I was just feeling a little bad if I chose the higher priced option. Will most likely go with BC. Who knows, maybe an AP discount will come out making it even less. I can dream, right?!? :)

Thats what sold me right away on you doing BC. If you were looking at the total for a family I'd be more hesitant. But since you only have to pay the upgrade for you, seems like a no-brainer. Have a great time!

I think that is the best thing at this point too. We are similar about driving like your family. Sometimes it takes just as much planning to drive as to fly. I don’t like driving on the highway so the last time we drove to Florida my DH did 90 percent of the driving and that was exhausting for him.
My Dh drove the entire 20 hours to Florida for our move. When we went to Disney the other day I told him I have to drive one way at least so I can get used to the driving here.

Thanks for this info. The direct deposit checking offers like this Wells one... I always assumed you had to mess with calling HR and filling out forms to get your check redirected. Can you ACH instead to fulfill the direct deposit requirements or maybe schedule the ach from another bank acct instead of doing it for that day? Sorry if this is a really dumb question- I never do these checking acct deals just the savings acct ones occasionally

I used a mix of transfers from Amex Personal Savings (similar to Ally) and Fidelity Cash account (that I opened last year for a bonus and now it helps me earn bonuses!) and they triggered the WF $400.

Oh what happy news!!! YAY wife's bravery :cheer2: and YAY for your family trip :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter