I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can’t get squat out of Amex but guess what just showed up in my SW account tonight? 15k bonus points for the 15% bonus offer in feb/mar/April! Guess the bonus miles did work!
I went and checked my dh's account since he had the promo too. He only got 9,112 bonus miles from it. Definitely not 15% since the bonus points were 110k and then 5k MSR, but I am not complaining about a free 9k points!
I got 9,650 bonus points today. I'm pretty sure I had met MSR on the personal before the promotion started and maybe the BIZ statement had cut once. But hey, Im pretty happy to have a higher balance today than yestereday!

Yay! You guys are right, I was totally not expecting that! I only got 7832, but I'll take it!

Maybe too late for anyone interested to take advantage (who doesn’t know) but ebates is having 10% back on a ton of stores today. In any off time today I was ordering prints on snapfish. Last year I didn’t print pictures until the end and making my scrapbook calendar Christmas presents was a bit of a scramble at the end of the year. Easy way to build up the MR points now. :)

I got in on the Ebates 10% back with a couple hours left, using the Saks credit on DH's shiny new Plat. I almost completed the transaction until I realized "Hey, do I need to enroll in the Saks benefit to get the credit?" UH, YES, YOU DO. I chatted with Amex, and felt like I was certain to have a fail when the rep said it could take up to 24 hours for that status to be updated. But after a couple minutes, the rep confirmed I was approved for the enrollment and I took a screenshot of that chat just in case. I also used a first-time Saks user 10% promo code. Totally bought stuff I would never buy but for this "free" Saks credit.

Last edited:
CIP2 application engaged for my wife. Pending...2 weeks message...

Now to convince myself not to call the status line every 20 minutes....... Luckily I have a big loan closing tomorrow that will distract me from 10am until 1pm or so at least, HAHA!

The butterflies I get while that application is processing is ridiculous. I fully expect to go pending yet sit here (or rather start pacing) hoping for the elusive auto-approval!

L

Now to convince myself not to call the status line every 20 minutes....... Luckily I have a big loan closing tomorrow that will distract me from 10am until 1pm or so at least, HAHA!

The butterflies I get while that application is processing is ridiculous. I fully expect to go pending yet sit here (or rather start pacing) hoping for the elusive auto-approval!

I can totally relate to this... I'm telling my DD to keep calling.

I can totally relate to this... I'm telling my DD to keep calling.
I applied 7 minutes ago...I've already called twice and signed on to her Chase account and our Mint account in hopes of something happening...

I need to step away but I'm addicted...I just feel so many emotions right now...

img.jpg

Ok, I need to step away, lol. I'm taking a shower... I just called a 3rd time (yes I stopped while typing this to call a 3rd time)...I'm in too deep guys...

giphy.gif

Yup...I just went there...

giphy.gif

I just opened my new Amex Gold. Can someone remind me about using the airline credit for a gift card? Right now buying a Southwest gift card is still working? Do I just purchase it through Southwest.com?

Just wanted to add that my card is gold. I had applied for gold, chatted to switch it to rose gold immediately after approval and it was approved to change. I still got the gold for anyone who was wondering. My Amex acct shows rose gold so I will wait a few days to see if the new card arrives before chatting again.

Same. My dd19 has probably never gotten cash from the ATM. Venmo? yep. All college kids know how to use it and it's really the parent who needs to 'season' their account lol. Not the kid!
My son just finished his freshman year at college and I saw Venmo on his bank statements ( we have a joint account for his spending money) and I didn’t even know what it was. Gosh, I feel old. I never thought about getting one for myself before, but that is a great idea for MSR’s. I’ll keep that in mind if I need it.

I know this isn't necessarily the best place to ask but I looked and looked and cannot find a thread here on the DIS specific to selling on eBay, which surprises me. I was looking to talk with others who are successful at it (not to get tips on selling, but more to talk about how they do their shipping and anything I can do to make my life easier in the event I do sell things. Does anyone know if there is such a thread that I just can't find?
I have sold on eBay for 15+ years.....if you’d like just pm me any questions...happy to help

:tinker: The approval comes through quickly

Thanks - I'll look for it on my next pilgrimage to the Container Store :) Last time I was there I found a cute cat-food scoop (that I actually use for bird seed because we don't feed the cats enough to need a big scoop, but the cats do like watching the birds).

This place is very dangerous to my wallet. I could spend hours there :love:

I'm down to 9/24 now. I'll be at 4/24 in April and will be going for my first CIP. I'll likely be calling every few minutes too if I don't get instant approval.

My son just finished his freshman year at college and I saw Venmo on his bank statements ( we have a joint account for his spending money) and I didn’t even know what it was. Gosh, I feel old. I never thought about getting one for myself before, but that is a great idea for MSR’s. I’ll keep that in mind if I need it.

I didn't know about Venmo until I started getting my nails done on a regular basis. The nail tech I go to does nail art and loves to do Disney themed nails. Prior to meeting her I'd only get my nails done for a special occasion once or twice a year. She is much younger than me and takes cash or Venmo. I never have cash so she was the one that introduced me to Venmo. This week's nails are Toy Story themed and feature Slinky Dog :-)

Slinky dog nails.jpg

Not a local, but I visited as a tourist with my DD when she was 15 or 16 and DH was at a conference, so I can tell you what we did. We stayed at the Westin (no choice) and there is a tall tower next door (sorry I can't remember the name) so we went up to the top and looked around. We walked on the Miracle Mile and did a bit of window shopping. We took an architectural river cruise and that was really cool. We looked at colleges (LOL too early for you). We loved the Art Museum and the Science & Industry Museums. And we had pizza at Giordano's. Chicago was lots of fun.
Thanks! Ha, never too early to start looking at colleges but Chicago is way TOO cold!

DH's ticket for Clearwater finally went to an actual ticket this morning for his Sunday flight and I am now officially added as companion! Yay! Was very worried about the flight selling out before it actually got ticketed. I know I could have had a placeholder flight, but sometimes I like to tempt fate (and stress myself out! ha). A week on the beach, here I come! Well, maybe a week by the pool, I don't actually like the beach but it sounds nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!