I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOM!!!!!!! CIP2 Approved at 2:17am last night. I wasn't actually up then, I can tell because that's when Mint sent me the email about a new card detected (which I verified by signing in to Chase when I woke up this morning). This game is so good guys!!! 85k more URs, here I come :)

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Also cause for celebration - this is our 75th card since we started churning! Cheers to #75!!!!
Double party: party: Congrats

:tinker: The approval comes through quickly
I was wondering if I'd have a Tink message today :D I was hoping you'd posted this at like 2:15am so I could say it was the reason I got approved LOL! But it seems I was approved before Tink fluttered her wings this morning 😂 (Don't mind me guys, a CIP approval makes me a little loopy)

The beauty of biz cards....

My wife and I are both 2/24 and yet we've gotten 16 cards (8 each) in the past 24 months. If you aren't in the game for business cards I'd consider finding a way to start a "business". These loopholes right now are just too good to pass up guys!

I'll be looking to get my next AA Biz card in just 2 weeks, lol! ($15k MSR at once...no problem with the HELOC trick, haha)

My wife and I are both 2/24 and yet we've gotten 16 cards (8 each) in the past 24 months. If you aren't in the game for business cards I'd consider finding a way to start a "business". These loopholes right now are just too good to pass up guys!

I'll be looking to get my next AA Biz card in just 2 weeks, lol! ($15k MSR at once...no problem with the HELOC trick, haha)
I'm now at 5/24 :( until August but I've gotten six cards since January. Having a "business" changes this game.

Yes! DH is 4/24 now with the Plat (or will be when it finally shows up :D and I am 3/24. But we've also gotten 14 biz cards between the two of us. Just this year alone makes me think I will need to retire my accounts tab and have an updated one that removes the closed cards (not entirely though, I will still have a history I can check)

I was wondering if I'd have a Tink message today :D I was hoping you'd posted this at like 2:15am so I could say it was the reason I got approved LOL! But it seems I was approved before Tink fluttered her wings this morning 😂 (Don't mind me guys, a CIP approval makes me a little loopy)
:rotfl:......Definitely need 8 hrs of sleep or I am very cranky....just ask my DH

BOOM!!!!!!! CIP2 Approved at 2:17am last night. I wasn't actually up then, I can tell because that's when Mint sent me the email about a new card detected (which I verified by signing in to Chase when I woke up this morning). This game is so good guys!!! 85k more URs, here I come :)

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Also cause for celebration - this is our 75th card since we started churning! Cheers to #75!!!!
party:

Sounds like a dance party all around! Found our second CIP on the front porch this morning (instant approval, expedited)! Have no idea when it was delivered yesterday evening, but it was partially tucked under the door mat.

I also have a college student who has educated me in the ways of Venmo. I was skeptical at first, but it seems to work for them.

Just wanted to add that my card is gold. I had applied for gold, chatted to switch it to rose gold immediately after approval and it was approved to change. I still got the gold for anyone who was wondering. My Amex acct shows rose gold so I will wait a few days to see if the new card arrives before chatting again.

I got the Rose Gold the first time around a few days after the gold arrived in the mail. I had meant to apply RG but didn't click it (or something) during the process. If you see it, it is coming.

That wizardmore quiz seems off. DD and I both got Gryffindor. Or maybe we changed? We were both sorted into Ravenclaw before.

Well it was 35-33 so only one question off. Must just be tired and answering wrong. :rotfl:

REDO! You must be a Ravenclaw with me 😂

I'm down to 9/24 now. I'll be at 4/24 in April and will be going for my first CIP. I'll likely be calling every few minutes too if I don't get instant approval

I'm 9/24, too but will be speed dialing repetitively in December despite your Aspire temptations :)

Love the Toy Story nails, too-they look great!

I recall seeing it on Marriott’s site shortly after the merger of the programs last August, but I’ll be gobsmacked if Marriott got rid of it so I can stand corrected.
Yeah, I can definitely find old screenshots of the Share your points sections where it mentioned the fee from before. They mostly show it with the old 50k cap though. I think after they released the new Bonbon program with all the final official terms, the fee went away. It was definitely showing on the site before that as that was why I planned to have hubby call as a Platinum to try to get around the fee. But some posts/comments from Mar and after say that there is no fee to do it.

This is actually the one I give most credibility to because if the guy that's in Marriott's hip pocket gives out info, I'd hope it'd be the actual policy.
"The good news is Marriott will let you do that without a fee" - TPG, 3/11/19 (https://thepointsguy.com/guide/points-pooling-sharing-family/)

They've changed up the T&C a couple times it seems. It came out in Feb but shows effective as of Apr now, and many sites listed the age of account needed to perform transfers as 60 days but that's not mentioned in the current T&C (only 30 and 90). I hope somewhere in there it was quietly rolled out to somewhat appease the SPG folks. Or at the very least phone reps don't think it's worth their time to take CC info to charge $10 :rolleyes:

Congrats!!!! @SouthFayetteFan

Those are so cute!! As you can see in my profile pic I love Disney nails too. One of my DD’s does mine before every trip.

Oh they are super cute!!!!

Quick churning related tidbit regarding Hilton Tokyo Bay. You are forced to buy your tickets cash if you buy them from Hilton Tokyo Bay. However, if you’re a diamond (maybe gold, unsure), they’ll get a manager and allow you to charge them to your room.

So you can either a) use your $250 Aspire resort credit for it and/or b) get that sweet 30x points + any promotion Hilton is currently running (best if double points to raise it to 40x) + any offer AMEX might have. It’s a perk I haven’t ever seen mentioned anywhere and all it took was asking nicely.

I’ll do a full trip report in r/churning after I’m done, but the TLDR is essentially that the Ritz in Kyoto ruined me for all hotels ever again in the future.

Looking forward to your TR. Thank you for sharing the tip about tickets charged to room. When we go back again in a few years and stay at Hilton’s Tokyo Bay we will charge the tickets to the room. I’d much rather use the Aspire resort credit for that over booking a room. I’d rather use points for booking the room and the free night certs.

Interesting. Curious if you can just put your checking account number in Plastiq and avoid the HELOC dance all together.

Pretty sure the answer is yes based on the conversation with the rep on the phone. She acted liked it was no big deal whatsoever for it to post to his checking account since the HELOC didn’t have “room” via an outstanding balance. Basically it was just as if we deposited a check at a branch.

Now I need MCGC to go on sale so I can meet MSR on my remaining cards and apply for the next round (BBP for DH purely to hold MR points and CIP #2 for me once I hit 90 days from my MDD).

DH received almost 14000 RR points for the SW promotion! Now I'm really considering that quick trip to WDW before school starts up again.

I'd most likely use AA points for the hotel, but here's the problem. My MSR is 5k and my CL is only 3k. Closing date is 6/19 and I've spent about $2300 so far. Question - if I pay the $2300 balance now and hit the MSR by 6/19 so my points will post, is that going to send any red flags to Citi? If we go, it will be around 8/23, so I want to book in time for the 60 day window.

Any thoughts of CIP #2 as a business or "business"? Last week I cancelled P2 CIP #1 from our business. Wondering if I should apply for CIP #2 with just his name and SS#. He won't like having to call in to talk about his "business", but won't bother him to talk about the business. Like most of us, he doesn't like having to talk to them.

Saks is still showing 10% as of right now on Rakuten/Ebates. I need to use the $50 credits on both accounts. Hoping to get again in July right before I close DH’s at the 1 year mark.

Now, what to buy. They don’t sell the few beauty brands I use so I’m guessing cute outfits or shoes for DD.

I think I spent an hour yesterday looking for something and could not find anything. Hopefully my wife will need some makeup...otherwise it looks like I might be buying my little one a new time out chair (called the thinking chair at home).

Oy, my Amex Biz Gold AF just posted. I need to cancel that card, but I don't want to do it until I get my 80k Delta miles. I tweeted Amex this morning to see if that gets me anywhere.

DH received almost 14000 RR points for the SW promotion! Now I'm really considering that quick trip to WDW before school starts up again.

I'd most likely use AA points for the hotel, but here's the problem. My MSR is 5k and my CL is only 3k. Closing date is 6/19 and I've spent about $2300 so far. Question - if I pay the $2300 balance now and hit the MSR by 6/19 so my points will post, is that going to send any red flags to Citi? If we go, it will be around 8/23, so I want to book in time for the 60 day window.

You're not technically supposed to "cycle" credit limits, but to be honest I've always paid my CC bills piecemeal. If I have a $1000 charged to my card currently, I'll pay $500 this week when I get paid and then another $500 in 2 weeks on my next paycheck, regardless of when the statement closes. I've never had any issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter