I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can’t get squat out of Amex but guess what just showed up in my SW account tonight? 15k bonus points for the 15% bonus offer in feb/mar/April! Guess the bonus miles did work!
I went and checked my dh's account since he had the promo too. He only got 9,112 bonus miles from it. Definitely not 15% since the bonus points were 110k and then 5k MSR, but I am not complaining about a free 9k points!

Last edited:
🤣 I think this one is my favorite!!
I have absolutely zero skin in the Marriott game but I think my favorite part of this thread is the disdain with which you all come up with myriad of nicknames for the Bonvoy program.
I’m sure she’s fine :P But I would NOT tempt fate too much. You remember that I got my pastor’s wife shutdown so Chase can get crazy with this stuff.
Then after the Bonwhatever laughs, there’s a post like this...really?!? A pastors wife?? It’s not funny she got shut down but it makes for a really funny post.

Referral points for DHs CIP are pending :D

How long ago was he approved and was it CIP2? My DH was approved yesterday but his application had some technical issues so fingers crossed the referral link didn’t break somewhere along the way.

We need to stick together since we are the only two so far :) I have had my inability to be flexible come up in reviews at more than one place but I do try and get better but it's normally the person that the direction is coming from that is a lot of the issue. Or you expect me to do x because it's part of my job yet we're over 2 years into said job and no one ever told me that covering x as part of it and I have my own stuff to do so how is it my problem that the other person's not there. I'm totally flexible when it's stuff I enjoy/don't mind doing/makes sense and then get annoyed when it's stuff that is stupid/unnecessary/shouldn't be my problem. If only my face could hide my annoyance better :rotfl2:

Yeah, another one. :yay:
Taurus here, representing 🙋 Definitely sounds like me at work, and I'm not good at hiding it either!

@AmyAnne, I know you've gotten plenty of answers but I have the cutest cat food container. It's white with black silhouettes of cats all over it. I got it at the Container Store if interested!

The most remarkable thing to me about the grAAvy train...we're going to go from 10k AA miles to 433k AA miles in < 6 months. (2 player mode of course - but it's still INSANE to me)...

This is crazy to me as well! I seriously cannot believe that I was able to cover the equivalent of 18 nights at WDW with only $500 OOP in less than 6 mos. Yes, some of those nights are at Swan but my fam is very okay (and actually very excited) about that! I 😍 the grAAvy train!

I went and checked my dh's account since he had the promo too. He only got 9,112 bonus miles from it. Definitely not 15% since the bonus points were 110k and then 5k MSR, but I am not complaining about a free 9k points!

Yay, Dh got 9,177 points. His personal card points had posted before the promotion started so I knew he would only get 9000 something. Maybe yours also posted before it started.

Yay, Dh got 9,177 points. His personal card points had posted before the promotion started so I knew he would only get 9000 something. Maybe yours also posted before it started.
Ooh maybe! I didn't think of that! But yep, his personal card was opened in 11/18 and I timed it to where his points posted early Jan.

I know this isn't necessarily the best place to ask but I looked and looked and cannot find a thread here on the DIS specific to selling on eBay, which surprises me. I was looking to talk with others who are successful at it (not to get tips on selling, but more to talk about how they do their shipping and anything I can do to make my life easier in the event I do sell things. Does anyone know if there is such a thread that I just can't find?

Maybe too late for anyone interested to take advantage (who doesn’t know) but ebates is having 10% back on a ton of stores today. In any off time today I was ordering prints on snapfish. Last year I didn’t print pictures until the end and making my scrapbook calendar Christmas presents was a bit of a scramble at the end of the year. Easy way to build up the MR points now. :)

Wow. That sounds a little complicated, but I will go over it carefully with DD. Apparently she has a Venmo account that she has used with friends after they travel together so they can even out the cost. I had no idea! :rotfl:

Can I ask one more question? For total household income (she is living with us for part of the summer) do we put in the real total, or do they want her total income?
Or there is always bank account funding. I just did DH CIP2, Great Southern Bank, up to $5000. MSR done in one fell swoop. My 80,000 URs are earning on next statement.

@Psychodisney I lost the quote catching up but I think you asked about the Amex credit and Delta gift cards? $50 increments. You can buy more than one at a time but make sure you buy from a desktop NOT a mobile device. I bought one from my iPad and learned the hard way that it does not count.
Thanks! I’m going back and forth between Delta and SW. My DD flies out of DTW so I’m sure we can use those at some point. Or, I can go with EBCI on SW reservations for the rest of the year. We’ve got 4 RT flights for 2 which would eat up the $200 no problem. I’m leaning that way.
I’ve been spending the night researching MR. So much to learn.

Taurus here, representing 🙋 Definitely sounds like me at work, and I'm not good at hiding it either!

@AmyAnne, I know you've gotten plenty of answers but I have the cutest cat food container. It's white with black silhouettes of cats all over it. I got it at the Container Store if interested!

Thanks - I'll look for it on my next pilgrimage to the Container Store :) Last time I was there I found a cute cat-food scoop (that I actually use for bird seed because we don't feed the cats enough to need a big scoop, but the cats do like watching the birds).

I know this isn't necessarily the best place to ask but I looked and looked and cannot find a thread here on the DIS specific to selling on eBay, which surprises me. I was looking to talk with others who are successful at it (not to get tips on selling, but more to talk about how they do their shipping and anything I can do to make my life easier in the event I do sell things. Does anyone know if there is such a thread that I just can't find?
There’s a few of us here who do it in various degrees. PM or maybe on reddit? I’m happy to talk about it since I don’t know anyone else in real life who sells.

Last time we were in Chicago we had several people tell us to try Lou Malnati's or Giordano's. Somehow DD and I both heard Illuminati and we said oooh we want to go there. lol We could not figure out why we could not find it on Yelp when so many people recommended it. I am like this place is so secret it isn't even advertised. Felt a little silly when we finally saw the actual spelling. haha And neither one of us liked the pizza. Though to be fair, I don't think we would have liked any Chicago pizza. Chicago is too thick, New York too thin.

Maybe too late for anyone interested to take advantage (who doesn’t know) but ebates is having 10% back on a ton of stores today. In any off time today I was ordering prints on snapfish. Last year I didn’t print pictures until the end and making my scrapbook calendar Christmas presents was a bit of a scramble at the end of the year. Easy way to build up the MR points now. :)

Wish I would have noticed earlier, but probably for the best that I did not know. lol

Last time we were in Chicago we had several people tell us to try Lou Malnati's or Giordano's. Somehow DD and I both heard Illuminati and we said oooh we want to go there. lol We could not figure out why we could not find it on Yelp when so many people recommended it. I am like this place is so secret it isn't even advertised. Felt a little silly when we finally saw the actual spelling. haha And neither one of us liked the pizza. Though to be fair, I don't think we would have liked any Chicago pizza. Chicago is too thick, New York too thin.
The thing about Chicago pizza is it comes in thin, pan or stuffed. Stuffed and pan may be “more” Chicago, but there’s lots of thin crust pizza here. The thing I find different than most pizza is the cheese is the last ingredient, it covers everything else. When I have had pizza elsewhere, often the toppings, especially pepperoni or sausage, is on top of the cheese. Which is just weird to me.

@Psychodisney I lost the quote catching up but I think you asked about the Amex credit and Delta gift cards? $50 increments. You can buy more than one at a time but make sure you buy from a desktop NOT a mobile device. I bought one from my iPad and learned the hard way that it does not count.

I second everything @kmc8826 said. I just did this on P1 and P2 Amex Platinums last month. I purchased 4x$50 gift cards in one transaction on each card. The credit posted a few days later.

Make sure you select Delta as your airline before making the purchase.

I followed the guide here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ame...-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-7.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter