I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_O I'm not exaggerating when I say that I hibernate when it is below 50. Between 50 and 60 I will at least check the mail and run into a store. 45 with shorts on!?!?
I’m from Chicago and we get a lot of cold but no way I’d wear shorts at 45 degrees. DS probably would. He played soccer in that weather and I forced him to wear leggings less than 40.

On Saturday, we finally went to the new Shake Shack nearby. It's been open for over a month but there was still a line. Ugh. And now the charge is showing up on my AMEX Gold account, but it's not showing the $10 credit. I can't imagine what I could buy there that wouldn't make the credit show up. Do I just need to be patient? Or do I need to contact AMEX to get it to credit?
I am trying to be patient. I made my Saks purchase that posted 1/17 but no $50 Plat credit yet...

I am trying to be patient. I made my Saks purchase that posted 1/17 but no $50 Plat credit yet...

I feel like I've been waiting forever on Chase offers to credit lately. Amex Staples offer credited super fast, but I'm on day 13 of waiting for my Chase AT&T offer.

Instant approval for SW biz for me today! DH has his 60,000 points in his account as of this week and his SW personal card was approved last week and is on the way. We are on our way for 2 CPs this year and maybe Hawaii for Christmas? I am thinking Kauai for 10 days sounds magical.
. We want to do the same thing with our 2 CPs this year! Hoping to have some solid Hawaii information from SW soon.

It takes a few days.

Ok. I'll be patient. It seems like my CCF one posted right away both times. Maybe it's the universe telling me to go to CCF instead of Shake Shack.

I went to Shake Shack on Thursday and my credit hit yesterday, so maybe you'll see yours tomorrow.

Thanks for that DP!

Yes, we are definitely off-season kinda people. Martha's Vineyard, Disney, Europe - we will choose cold/iffy weather over crowds every time. Also, my teen wants to work in the summer and the place she works expects her to stick around for the whole season with minimal time off, so its tough to tear her away for summer travel. Unfortunately, spring break often coincides with quarter-end for me at work, which makes it a little tough to get away. The dates in 2020 are looking pretty good, so I'm hopeful I can get my new boss to okay the trip. And if not? We will figure out some other cool trip to blow United miles on :rotfl:

I'll take colder weather and lower crowds any day. Well, maybe not for a beach holiday, but pretty much every other kind of trip.

I'd avoid Oct if I were you. Funny thing is, that is when I used to tell people to go. Funny how things change so much at wdw!

October was our "go-to-WDW" time when DD was little. Super low crowds and good discounts. We stopped visiting in October when she started school, but I always thought we'd get to a point when we could be Oct. WDW people again. Sounds like that is never going to happen.

I normally wear shorts if the high is 50 and above.

Seriously? Wow! 50s here means a coat and boots. That's our winter weather. :rotfl: Oh, and I'm serious. No shorts or sandals here, even in the 60s.

I hate the waiting...

Apparently I am not good at Citi backdoor SMs. I tried again, slightly different wording...got the response today...

Apparently I was not "solicited" for the PUBLIC OFFER LINK I shared with them...from their own website... :badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

People on r/churning getting 12 matches a year and I can't get a measly 15k or 20k points...YMMV is certainly true here.
I was matched today to 60k AA miles over the phone for 2k spend and a $250 statement credit.

Okay for those of y'all who have been receiving Amex pop ups while I carry on my love affair with the GOLD...karma has bitten me. I lost my beloved and no longer issued in pink card in my car...the dealer can't try to find it until MONDAY. :sad::sad::sad: I'm pretty sure it's in the console stuck behind or between the slide-y thing since I can't easily open or close the slide-y thing (cut myself actually trying and bled all over the seats) ANNNNND....I've done this before with my driver's license (clearly I haven't learned to not put any card on top of the slide-y thing). Last time it cost about $250 to dig out my license, to add insult to injury (injuries).

I'll pay for the service with my BBP and fortunately still have $500 left on my 5% back Discover It (really 10% since it's the first year) so I can buy a Publix gift card but no eating out for a week:scared1:. I'm hoping it will still work once they pry it out!

This happened to me in November when I rented a minivan in Orlando! Put my DL and CC on top of the sliding cover, went to check out, no DL! We looked all over the car for 20 minutes, and I decided it must have slipped inside the console. Took another half hour for the Alamo tech to come and pull the cover off the console, there it was inside. I was not leaving there without my license. They said it happens fairly often and pulled it apart for no charge.

Last edited:
DISchurners shower thought...
Should we have some sort of “news” thread on DISchurners where we share any major developments for people who can’t keep up with all the comments here? We could post links back to the specific comments on the DISboards with a brief description...

Anybody could post there so it wouldn’t just be me, @Lain and @Albort tracking that stuff.

Thoughts?

But you guys are the spreadsheet masters!

DIS has been down for me for over an hour. Google Chrome said malware detected. I told you guys I was afraid we’d all lose each other one day :rotfl:

Haha, your old post about this was the first thing I thought of when the site went down.

No responses in over an hour...this must be some sort of record.

Was a rebellion and went on anyway ...lol

I plowed ahead an ignored all warnings so that I could finally get caught up in that hour!

I feel like I've been waiting forever on Chase offers to credit lately. Amex Staples offer credited super fast, but I'm on day 13 of waiting for my Chase AT&T offer.

It took over a week to get a credit from Amex Rose gold for purchasing a SW gc. I originally thought I screwed up because I kept seeing reports that people were getting their credits in just 2-3 days. I was afraid I wasn't getting the credit because I designated SW as the airline only half an hour before I purchased the SW gc. Thought maybe I did it too quickly and it wasn't going to count, but it finally went through.

It's also been over a week for my Chase Staples offer. I only had the offer on my CSR, and DH had it on his SW card. I needed Disney gc's, and Staples only sells them by $50. So to maximize the deal, I purchased 3 cards for $150, and had the cashier split tender the charge $75 on my card and $75 on DH's. Both of us got emails from Chase over the weekend letting us know we got the $19 credit each, but the actual credits still have yet to post on our accounts.

Waiting on mine too from 1/18. I remember thinking it seemed to take awhile in Dec but I can't remember how long it actually took.

Perhaps I will give that a try next lol. Thanks for the info :)

But...human contact...lol
I got my paperwork for my citi AA card today but no card. The paperwork is all like, 'congrats on your new card' but there is no card. Did your card arrive separate?

I got my paperwork for my citi AA card today but no card. The paperwork is all like, 'congrats on your new card' but there is no card. Did your card arrive separate?
From all that I've read on r/churning that's Citi. Get all excited when you get an envelope a week after approval and then psych! it's just useless paperwork, and if you're lucky you get the actual card the following week. They are an interesting organization.

Agree on October. Used to be our go to time, till it got more and more crowded. September is much better! Hotter than hades, but way better crowds.

Yeah, Oct was awesome until they did all the Free Dining, month long MNSSHP nearly every night, on top of F&W to increase attendance. It worked :) But now we're trying to hit early Nov around the cross over where last few days of F&W overlap with the start of Xmas decorations. First couple weeks of December used to be good too but that's was at least 3 years ago so it could have changed.

Yeah, Oct was awesome until they did all the Free Dining, month long MNSSHP nearly every night, on top of F&W to increase attendance. It worked :) But now we're trying to hit early Nov around the cross over where last few days of F&W overlap with the start of Xmas decorations. First couple weeks of December used to be good too but that's was at least 3 years ago so it could have changed.
Its really crazy what has happened to summer! I guess people prefer to go when its not as hot. Out of a March, July, October, and December trip in 2018, I had the lowest crowds and wait times starting the weekend after 7/4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter