I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked Arcadia Power and I don't see a savings for us. The only option I see is to pay them money each month to offset our usage, which would be the opposite. I do have the option to pay my electric via cc and do that already each month, I was interested in savings I saw mentioned.

For us the savings is in the no-fee part of paying by credit card. We've been paying by check because of that. Hopefully this will work for us.

On chrome down at the bottom I think it said advanced and when you clicked it gave you the option to continue anyway. I couldn't do anything but read though. I tried to reply to someone but it didn't work so I gave up and then the next time I came on there weren't any new posts so I figured everyone was having the same posting issue if they were still reading.
That advanced button was greyed out for me. I tried clicking it several times. I wonder if my dh has it so I can't bypass those messages.

I was getting that message too but my browser would not let me through. I tried chrome and FF and on my phone. How did you guys push past?

There was a tiny link on the bottom of my browser to bypass the security and said something along the lines of: continue to disboards anyway even though we’re warning you this will be the worst decision of your life.

Back in the stone ages, when DH and I were young, we went to DL during a bizarre cold snap that left our area (NorCal) at below freezing temps. We were driving down, and knew that the cold would be heading south with us, so we were prepared. I did feel badly for the many tourists (esp. the young ones from Japan) who were there and clearly thought LA would be 70 degrees. We could tell since so many park visitors were wearing $$$$$ in Mickey Mouse jackets, scarves, and even ear muffs. I didn't even know they sold those there, but out they came when it was super cold. Bright side was the parks were not at all full.

@Haley R Be aware that the MCO lounge is not on the same terminal as SW, as others have mentioned. If you google whether or not you have to go back through security, you will find that half the internet says they had to and the other half says they did not. It has to do with whether passengers coming from Int'l flights are currently coming from their planes. If they are, and you are mixed in with them, you will have to go back through TSA. So, if you do want to use the lounge, plan accordingly because you have no way of knowing if you will end up back in security or not.

There was a tiny link on the bottom of my browser to bypass the security and said something along the lines of: continue to disboards anyway even though we’re warning you this will be the worst decision of your life.
Really? :rotfl:I didn't see that option lol!

Checked Arcadia Power and I don't see a savings for us. The only option I see is to pay them money each month to offset our usage, which would be the opposite. I do have the option to pay my electric via cc and do that already each month, I was interested in savings I saw mentioned.

for me, the electric bill was always $200-$500 a month($500 in the summer). This year, i actually used our central air a lot more and my bill ranges from $150--$300 now. to me, i felt like there was something else going on... :\

Back in the stone ages, when DH and I were young, we went to DL during a bizarre cold snap that left our area (NorCal) at below freezing temps. We were driving down, and knew that the cold would be heading south with us, so we were prepared. I did feel badly for the many tourists (esp. the young ones from Japan) who were there and clearly thought LA would be 70 degrees. We could tell since so many park visitors were wearing $$$$$ in Mickey Mouse jackets, scarves, and even ear muffs. I didn't even know they sold those there, but out they came when it was super cold. Bright side was the parks were not at all full.
We were at DLR this past June (very end of the month) and I had no idea just how chilly the mornings and nights would be. We brought home a few Mickey hoodies from that trip :)

We were at DLR this past June (very end of the month) and I had no idea just how chilly the mornings and nights would be. We brought home a few Mickey hoodies from that trip :)

Yeah, we have cool mornings and evenings in CA. It's so weird to me when we are traveling and it's still hot outside at night. Nighttime swimming isn't a common thing here, but in WDW it's awesome.

To counter my earlier point though...It also feels like we have definitely had 1 VERY rainy day on each of those trips. I can remember many of them vividly, lol! 1 year was AK (not that bad really), 1 year was MK (watching wishes in the rain was ugh), 1 year was HS (Fantasmic cancelled halfway through because it went from rain to downpour), and certainly others I can't exactly recall right now, lol. I'm always prepared for that "1 day"!
I mainly just don’t want rain/storms on our dah nights since we can’t really reschedule those

I can't speak to the restaurants, only the lounges. You just go in, swipe the card, and check-in. I've been asked for the boarding pass of everybody in my group and then I had to fill something out on a little tablet/handheld device (basically just confirming my information). All the stuff in my local airport and MCO were free. One time the MCO lounge was full and the agent apologized and asked if she could text me when there was space. There was a little seating area and I just waited there. Not even 5 minutes later I got in. She apologized like 500x and said I was so nice and understanding. Really, not a big deal that I had to wait a whole 5 minutes. I guess some people are just rude? :confused3

I've used the "The Club MCO" in airside 1, but never for breakfast. There were all different types of snacks, a salad, multiple tiny sandwich and soup options, small brownies and cookies, and plenty of soda/water/coffee/tea options in addition to a bar. If you're flying SW, you will have to go to a different airside, and then back through security. There is no PP lounge in airside 2.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/usa/orlando-fl-international#
Is this not accurate? It shows a club mco in both terminal A and B

There is a club lounge in terminal A but it’s by the non southwest gates. When I went I didn’t have to re go through security I just had to take the air train back and get on the one to my gate.

The lounge was crowded and the bathrooms were small. I’m picky about my food but they had bags of chips and Milano’s which was nice.
Okay that’s the main thing is not going through security again. We may just decide not to fool with it because dme picks us up at 6 am. I feel like we always get super unlucky on flight times back from orlabdo.

@Haley R Be aware that the MCO lounge is not on the same terminal as SW, as others have mentioned. If you google whether or not you have to go back through security, you will find that half the internet says they had to and the other half says they did not. It has to do with whether passengers coming from Int'l flights are currently coming from their planes. If they are, and you are mixed in with them, you will have to go back through TSA. So, if you do want to use the lounge, plan accordingly because you have no way of knowing if you will end up back in security or not.
Eh that sounds like too much work lol. We probably just won’t use it then

Excellent point! I have seen the stanchions out mentioning the international flights and TSA agents politely yet sternly informing guests that once they get off the tram they must exit. Someone nearly ran my family and I over with his luggage because he had to go back through security.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/usa/orlando-fl-international#
Is this not accurate? It shows a club mco in both terminal A and B

Eh that sounds like too much work lol. We probably just won’t use it then

I purposely wanted a card with PP as a JetBlue lover (who knows in 2021) because it is in that airside. While there are terminals A and B, there are 4 airsides (2 A, 2 B). MCO is a SW hub and airside 2 has a lot more dining options than airside 1. I gladly welcome the lounge with JetBlue unless I want overpriced BK.

I usually like to get to the airport early enough so I have time to check out the lounges. MCO is the exception. We spend every last minute we can at WDW and basically rush through security to our gate. Every time. ;) I've never even seen where the PP lounge is there. Our last few trips were on either United or Virgin.

Excellent point! I have seen the stanchions out mentioning the international flights and TSA agents politely yet sternly informing guests that once they get off the tram they must exit. Someone nearly ran my family and I over with his luggage because he had to go back through security.

I purposely wanted a card with PP as a JetBlue lover (who knows in 2021) because it is in that airside. While there are terminals A and B, there are 4 airsides (2 A, 2 B). MCO is a SW hub and airside 2 has a lot more dining options than airside 1. I gladly welcome the lounge with JetBlue unless I want overpriced BK.
Most likely we will just get the overpriced BK lol

Most likely we will just get the overpriced BK lol
HAHA for airside 2 you will have McDonalds :) in addition to Chipotle, Jersey Mikes, Green Leaf, Auntie Anne's, chinese food, and a pizza place. Not sure what will be open at 6am, but there are definitely more options in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter