I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the post from @Andysol I was thinking of:

Also- to anyone who isn’t doing this already with your CSR: never have it for more than one year. Get the CSR, use the travel credit of $300, pay the $450, after the first year and second wave of AFs, use the $300 travel credit again and then downgrade the card within 45 days to get your full refund (used to be 60) of 2nd AF.
Then, if you have a P2 or another Chase UR card, PC that card to a CSR and rinse/repeat. You should constantly be PCing that card annually, but it’s worth keeping because of the 1.5:1 ratio and the unmatchable insurance. Plus, you’ll always get $600 for $450 ;)
Yes - the key here is to do it with a different UR card each year to keep on the up and up with Chase! I think the AF thing is weird when you upgrade a card. It’s possible that the anniversary date stays the same so if you know when you originally applied you can beat the AF by upgrading on the 2nd of the month in the month AFTER you originally were approved. It’s hard to put it in writing lol.

One thing to remember with this: If you PC, any trip booked with the previous CSR won't have insurance anymore. Thats the one caveat/disadvantage.

Sorry for the late response. Been traveling a ton. In Hawaii this week and leaving for Japan tomorrow. :)

Chase why is your SM system now showing the drop down menus for me to pick what I'm writing about and what account???? :(

One thing to remember with this: If you PC, any trip booked with the previous CSR won't have insurance anymore. Thats the one caveat/disadvantage.

Sorry for the late response. Been traveling a ton. In Hawaii this week and leaving for Japan tomorrow. :)
This is why my CSR is a keeper. I do all the travel planning and booking. I will probably do the pc trick with DH's account. He couldn't find the Chase portal if his life depended on it!

I'm a little green with envy on all your fabulous travels. Have an awesome trip!

My kids will be starting camp soon and I can pay with a credit card!! I just called the Y to make the first payment, and the lady said "You have quite a few cards on file with us. Do you know which one you want to use?" Then I told her I actually wanted to use a new one. Pretty sure she thought I was a bit crazy, but that's okay - was a big chunk out of my latest MSR and no additional fees!

OT: But I made my dining reservations for my wedding trip today. I couldn't get Garden Grill or Rose and Crown, I tried doing smaller reservations and nothing was available. I did manage to get a 30 person Hoop Dee Doo reservation the night before my wedding though and I am so excited!!!
Same for my trip with Garden Grill and Bon Voyage and I think it is because of the Candlelight Processional. I will look again on July 3 when the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages go on sale. Hopefully it will work like it did in past years and openings will pop up for packages and regular reservations once they open bookings. I got my Garden Grill ressie this way in 2017.

Chase why is your SM system now showing the drop down menus for me to pick what I'm writing about and what account???? :(

That happened to me the other day with Chrome. Switched to Explorer and it worked. Just checked though and it's working for me in Chrome.

In short, try a different browser. :)

So i have a few things booked with DH CIP1. I was thinking of having him transfer his points still on his CIP1 to his CIP2 and re book the trips on there and then cancel the ones on his CIP1( they are all refundable ) They are two car rentals and 1 hotel night stay.

How quickly do the points transfer and how quickly do you get points refunded?

I do just like @miztressuz does, search out the cruise I want on the individual cruise line website, (usually NCL for me) book the exact cruise I want using a "CruiseNext" certificate as a deposit and then a week or two later call Chases Vacation and Cruise dept. and have the booking transferred to Chase. There are restrictions on how soon this needs to be done, check with your cruise line. During the call with Chase they will require full payment. If you don't have enough UR's they will ask for a Chase credit card for the remaining balance.
With the priori cruise dept, I believe there was an option to not pay in full until the due date when it is a transfer and you had already done the deposit, so that is no longer an option? I have a RCCL to transfer but the cruise isn’t until March 2020 so payment in full isn’t for quite a bit.

With the priori cruise dept, I believe there was an option to not pay in full until the due date when it is a transfer and you had already done the deposit, so that is no longer an option? I have a RCCL to transfer but the cruise isn’t until March 2020 so payment in full isn’t for quite a bit.
Recent reports say payment in full at time of booking. That was also my experience when I booked our last cruise last September.

Sadly they do. We preferred the old ones. But nothing compares to a couple of years ago when they forced us to retire our Finding Nemo ones. :sad2:

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think I can make it happen this summer - it's a short one for us and there is too much going on. I hope you can go before it opens up to everyone though - I agree that it's going to be crazy when that happens. :faint:

I totally get this. There are so many non-FP rides and attractions that I love, so I honestly would rather enjoy my day in the park and not be constantly refreshing my phone. DD would feel otherwise if I told her she could ride FoP all day though.
You are guaranteed a 4-hour reservation slot for all registered guests if you book a stay at one of the 3 Disney hotels from now through 6/23. You can make a one night room-only reservation if you want; no package needed. That's probably the least expensive option. But then you'll need to have a ticket/AP for park admission. (I think it's cheaper to buy a 1-day/1-park ticket separately even during peak pricing than buying Disney's hotel and tickets package.) Some time after you make your room reservation, you'll receive a separate email with your assigned reservation time and credentials to visit SWGE for some time during your stay. I'm guessing if the time slot doesn't work with your plans, you can change it as long as there are time slots available. If you cancel your hotel room, your SWGE reservation is also canceled.

Here's a post that explains the process much better than I can:

Great minds! We have two trips to DLR planned this year, including one when the floodgates open on 7/2, which has made me very nervous. I've been reading all the reports on low crowds and short lines during the reservation period, and since we'll be in the vicinity (i.e. 2 hours away, LOL) on Thursday, I pulled the trigger last night on a one-night stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Just my luck they will change something between now and then, but cross your fingers for me! I'm hoping for and 8-12 am reservation on Friday or 11-3. We have to drive back up highway 5 that night so it's going to be a LONG day, but--I hope--worth it. The big issue now is whether to buy an AP given our other planned trips. I already have tickets from UT that I can bridge. Decisions, decisions!

How quickly do the points transfer and how quickly do you get points refunded?
Only one data point. All of my transfers and refunds have been almost instantaneous (nothing more than 10 mins). I cancelled something this weekend and it was instantaneous. I have heard of some where refunds take longer, even weeks. Just hasn't happened to me.

That really became a YMMV situation. When I booked mine about this time last year I had to call a few times to get a rep that would do that. There were more reps that insisted that it had to be paid in full at transfer. I actually haven't even spoken to the rep who did my reservation again, I got lucky. I tried emailing him to make a payment and got no response and every time I tried his extension I got dumped into the general queue. He's still listed as the TA on my reservation but I have no idea if he's even there any more. It's not like I needed him for anything, I just made my payments with whoever answered without any problem, but it would have been nice to have a consistent option for future cruises.

Don't know if the change has to do with the split duties of Expedia for online, Connexions for Cruise and not knowing if Connexions is going to be replaced? Or just a more general change of procedures? Or just bad reps? It's kind of inconsistent.

That really became a YMMV situation. When I booked mine about this time last year I had to call a few times to get a rep that would do that. There were more reps that insisted that it had to be paid in full at transfer. I actually haven't even spoken to the rep who did my reservation again, I got lucky. I tried emailing him to make a payment and got no response and every time I tried his extension I got dumped into the general queue. He's still listed as the TA on my reservation but I have no idea if he's even there any more. It's not like I needed him for anything, I just made my payments with whoever answered without any problem, but it would have been nice to have a consistent option for future cruises.

Don't know if the change has to do with the split duties of Expedia for online, Connexions for Cruise and not knowing if Connexions is going to be replaced? Or just a more general change of procedures? Or just bad reps? It's kind of inconsistent.

Thanks. I guess I’ll just keep calling in July when I transfer it. There is no way I am giving up my precious URs that early.

New AmEx offers

Holland America Line - Spend $500 or more, get $150 back, expires 8/4
MGM Resorts, Select Destinations - Spend $300 or more, get $60 back, expires 8/29
Offer valid at New York-New York®, Luxor®, Excalibur®, Beau Rivage®, Gold Strike®, Borgata®, MGM National Harbor® and MGM Springfield® in the US.
MGM Resorts, Las Vegas - Spend $500 or more, get $100 back, expires 8/29
Offer valid at Bellagio®, ARIA®, Vdara®, MGM Grand® Las Vegas, The Signature at MGM Grand®, Mandalay Bay® , Delano® Las Vegas, Park MGM®, NoMad® Las Vegas, and The Mirage® in the US.

Asos - spend $100 or more, get $20 back, expires 8/1
(don't know who these guys are but 20% doesn't sound bad Edit: Ah, it's clothes/accessories brand. Learn something new :))

I think this is new but it's hard to be sure - Zazzle, Spend $75 or more, get $15 back, expires 8/31

We're going to the Borgata to use some freebies this month but I'm pretty sure we weren't planning on spending $300 OOP. I added it but will have to think on if I can make that work to an advantage.

Got all the offers on the wrong card. Want them on my Lux card so I can put some spend. Got 2 MGM offers now on my old Optima. Probably because that's where my spend has been going, that and the Gold.

I was not humored at all and won't be doing that again, lol.
OMG! I I legit crack up I cry every time I see the country bear show. Especially the "all the guys that turn me on turn me down" part. Im so immature lol

Same for my trip with Garden Grill and Bon Voyage and I think it is because of the Candlelight Processional. I will look again on July 3 when the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages go on sale. Hopefully it will work like it did in past years and openings will pop up for packages and regular reservations once they open bookings. I got my Garden Grill ressie this way in 2017.

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea they did this. I was also looking to move Ale and Compass breakfast to the Bon Voyage and that wasn't available either. I was worried it was going to be a busy week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter