I got called for Jury Duty again... How many times have you been called.

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
For some reason I get called for Jury Duty, Since I registered to vote at 18 until now , I have been called 10 times... Which is alot it seem to me.

I have never served on a Jury though..

They will not pick me due my brother being a retired deputy, and our close friends are both in law enforcement... When filling out the questionnaire I always check the box for yes... then I still get called, even though I know that they are not going to choose me....the minute they ask me if I know anyone in law enforcement, my answer is yes, Who my brother, and our good friends ... then they tell me I'm excused... so I have wasted a whole day, sitting around waiting to be excused...
They know this from the online questionnaire.. Why do they make me go in to answer something that they already know in advance, its like it's for show... Why bother making me come in there, when they know that they are going to excuse me. I guess just because you know someone in law enforcement they see as you can not make a unbiased decision and think for yourself.

I would gladly serve, and I would feel it would be a honor to serve...

Last edited:
4 times. Once I got to serve and was appointed the Foreman which was fun. I love doing Jury Duty but I doubt I will be called again at my age.

I have been called a few times. Funny story…… last time I actually got to the final stage and had to tell the judge I had a Disney vacation book and was wondering how long (if I was picked) the trial might be. The judge was so nice and asked both sides “this won’t be longer than 2 weeks” right? I wasn’t chosen in the end (for the final 8-12 jurors) and the judge wished me a happy vacation. :flower:

I received a notice about jury duty about 8 times. We call a number the afternoon before to see if we need to report. I only had to report once. My number was among the first to be chosen for voir dire, but I was excused by the defense attorney without explanation.

Only once. I worked in insurance back then and I was called for civil rather than criminal so I wasn’t picked as the company I worked for did business with some of the attorneys involved in the case.

Once and I was dismissed since my grandmother worked for the lawyers office. That was at 30 years ago. I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

I've been called 4 times. The first time, I was excused from the whole thing because we'd JUST adopted our first child. For the other times, I had to call a number the night before to find out if I would need to report. I've never had to actually report.

Our county does it strangely. You're not on call for a whole week. You're "in the pool" for something like 6 consecutive Wednesdays. If you get chosen, then you have to stay for the duration of the trial, but otherwise, you're off the hook till the next week. (It kind of eats up a lot of time -- you can't really plan anything because you MIGHT have jury duty.

I don't know what kind of process they use for picking jurors. My parents and sister's family live in the same county. I've been called 4 times. My mom has been called twice. My dad, my husband, my sister and brother-in-law have never been called.

In my state it is handled on the county level. While you can be excused if called more often than every three years, frequency depends on the county population and number of cases in the county. In one county I was called every three years like clockwork. Another I was never called.

They also scaled way back on automatic exemptions here some years ago. I served on a jury with an retired police officer once.

Way too many times imo. But that's only because I'm a freelancer with no vacation, sick or jury duty time. I only earn money when I actually work on a job. So serving on a jury can easily cost me a full week's paycheck or far more. Jury duty pay is like $12 a day - so that's not going to pay the bills. :(

It's very difficult financially, as courts and admin staff assumes that everyone gets "jury duty" time off. If I was an employee, I wouldn't mind serving at all.

Last edited:
About 5 - served once attempted murder trial - thought after trial we would be done but no found out we could be called again for a year 😳 lucky I wasn’t
A friend of mine at least 20 times - other than that I don’t know anyone who has been called or served

I have been called to jury duty a lot. I've served on two trials, one of which lasted for five weeks. I was also called as a petit juror at the Federal level. They pulled a grand jury from our jury pool and I was really glad not to have been called to that.

Never, and now I am too old. My husband has been called 4 or 5 times. My daughter was called a month after she turned 18.

Here, in our county, you can get called once a year. You call a phone number to see if you need to actually go in every day. If you do go in, you wait in a large room to see if you'll get sent to a courtroom. I've only been called into the large room three or four times, sent to a courtroom twice, made it into the jury box for voir dire (questioning) once, the other time sent back to the large room since they had picked their jury, and then nothing else.

Twice - served on a jury one time, sat in the jury pool for three days the second time and then sent home.

I have been called for Federal jury duty once. It was the week of July 4th and the Federal courts were closed the entire week.

That is my one and only time.

3 times that I can remember; the most recent being a good 10 years or so ago. Never made it onto a jury though. I’d be happy to serve if I could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter