"I believe I am going to die in Disney..." Table of Contents in post 1!

Okay, I am back!

After GFC we went to sleep. Yup, sleep. After we got on the boat and went back to the MK, we could barely keep our eyes open. The effect of steak on us humans is quite interesting. We go to ASMu and take a nap...til 9 pm. We "napped" from 3-9 p.m.

Thanks GFC!

We wake up and we're still pretty full, so we split a CS meal at ASMu food court. We split a double cheeseburger, fries, and fruit salad.

iPhoneDisney194.jpg

iPhoneDisney035.jpg

This review is going to be rather boring, so I'll just be brief. This burger was better than Pecos Bill because it had a nice chargrilled taste to it that we both love- almost as good as a Dairy Queen burger. Even splitting it we were more than fine because of the huge meal from GFC.

Fruit salad was great- the fruit all tasted good and fresh, which is rare in packaged fruit salads.

Daniel's Score:

Taste: 7
Originality: 5
Service: 8 (he liked that it was cooked in front of him)

20/30

Monica's Score:

Taste: 8
Service: 8

21/30

Cost:
1 CS Credit
Cash: $13.00

Today we decide to go to DHS, and there aren't any breakfast places that interest us. We decide to split a breakfast platter from ASMu food court.

Actually, by we, I mean Daniel. I wanted another croissant like the previous days, but he wants the darn breakfast platter.

iPhoneDisney052.jpg

The sausage was NASTY. I mean like inedible gross. Daniel eats anything though, so he ate the whole darn thing. Bleh.

The eggs were runny, the biscuit was delicious, bacon was good, and the potatoes were delicious. Overall not a bad meal, and we both were full and happy to go to DHS.

Daniel's Score:

Service: 5

17/30

Monica's Score:

Service: 5

17/30

Overall verdict- we should have gotten the bacon, egg, and cheese croissant.

Cost:
1 CS Credit
$11.00

Remember when I said: "Overall not a bad meal, and we both were full and happy to go to DHS," in my previous post?

I lied. By about 10:30 am at DHS I was hungry and grouchy. I whip out my iPhone and pull up the confirmed snack thread, and try to see what I would like from DHS as a snack.

I find an apple cinnamon dessert pretzel and I get so excited. It's at Min and Bill's Dockside, and I look at my handy dandy DHS map...um...hhmmm...uhhh...I don't see Min and Bill's Dockside listed anywhere!

Daniel: What are you looking for?

Me: Nothing. <turning map sideways and upside down>

Daniel: It looks like you're looking for something.

Me: Takes one to know one! <making funny confused face>

Daniel: What?!

Me: Oh, go to Pooh's Palace and leave me alone. <see what I mean by grouchy?>

Daniel: Monica, what are you looking for?

Me: Min and Bill's Dockside!!

Daniel: Isn't it that boat over there? <points at boat about 20 yards away>

Me: I knew that.

Daniel: No, you didn't.

Me: Look, I'll divorce you. I don't care if we're at Disney.

Daniel: Fine, you knew where it was...but I know you didn't.

Soooo...I go order my pretzel and a diet coke. The CM is very friendly and chats with us about our wedding. She rings me up, and it seems rather cheap, and I notice she gave us the drink free!! How great!! I really thought that was a nice gesture. She then tells us it's part of the Year of a Million Dreams...so people get Dream Fast Passes and I get a free diet coke? Eh, I'll take what I can get.

iPhoneDisney125.jpg

I bite into my pretzel, and it's kind of um...dissapointing? I mean, it's alright, but it's dry and hard, and the apple filling is sparse to say the least. Daniel and I split it and the diet coke while watching the Indiana Jones show, and we were just glad it only costed us 1 snack credit rather than 2.

Daniel's Score:

Taste: 5
Originality: 8
Service: 10

23/30

Monica's Score:

Taste: 6
Originality: 8
Service: 10

24/30

Cost:
1 Snack Credit/ 2 Snack Credits if you're not on a Disneymoon ;)
Cash Cost: $7.00

Finally Daniel types up his review... :surfweb:

Here it is!

The Sci-Fi Theater Drive-in Diner played host to the first of our table service meals at Disney. Monica and I had a very short wait before being seated in the back of an old muscle behind a family of four. It felt awkward being seated so close to strangers, but that feeling soon wore off as the restaurant was very loud. The restaurant was also quite chilly, making me regret the flip-flops I’d chosen to wear. Oh well.

Disney%20033.JPG

My plate.

The menu for the Sci-Fi was pretty vanilla, featuring sandwiches, burgers and chuck steaks. It also included ribs, which is what I chose as my entrée. To compliment my ribs, I ordered a cucumber melon salad to be served along with some coleslaw. The ribs lacked the “ooh and ahh” power of ribs ordered at other restaurants, but the meat was tender and the flavor was good. The salad and slaw were both good as well, which is surprising because I don’t think I’ve ever found coleslaw I’ve liked, but I ate most of this one. I washed down my meal with a refreshing raspberry lemonade.

Disney%20035.JPG

My dessert.

After dinner, we were treated to a tasty dessert. I chose a basic cheesecake as the other choices didn’t interest me. It wasn’t the best cheesecake, but it sufficed. The meal as a whole was ok. The food was brought out quickly and our server was adequate. However, we went into the meal at the Sci-Fi with high expectations which were not necessarily met. I scored the meal as follows:

Taste

Originality

Service

So, the Sci-Fi, our first meal in Disney, earned a 16 on the 30 point scale I devised. Is the scale similar to Iron Chef’s? Of course. Bite me. Next up, I’ll review a table service meal that will flirt with a score of 30. :wizard:

Disney%20036.JPG

Get us out of here, we're freezing!

Monica's Notes: Hold up...when did we change from a scale of 1-10 to the Iron Chef system of 30?! Thanks for letting me know.

So here's my score on the new Daniel-devised-point-system-stolen-from Food-Network:

Taste: 5
Originality: 2
Service: 8

15/30

Boys! :confused3

LOVING the reviews from the BOTH of you:laughing: Monica you crack me up, I am seriously trying not to laugh because I don't want to wake the kids. Love your sense of humor:rotfl: :rotfl2:
Congratulations to you both, you make a beautiful couple:love:

The pretzel was dry and hard? :confused3

Call me crazy, but shouldn't they be warm and soft? Yuck!

Ok, note to self, don't be tempted by those filled pretzels.

Great update! :thumbsup2

Great reviews. Sorry you didn't like Sci-Fi. We stuck to the burgers and enjoyed them. We also ended up eating at GF Cafe unexpectedly and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to more!

I'm greatly enjoying your reviews. Tell DH that you are more than funny enough to represent his views and many others to boot!

Being from Texas originally, I have to agree with you on Flame Tree. Their barbecue sauce is more Carolina-style vinegar based than our Texas thick sauce. Yet, it's not really right for Carolina style either. It's just yuck.

Welcome to married life, sweetie. They want none of the work and all of the say. That's why our ADR plan got messed up last trip as well. And also why DH was forced to endure multiple conversations about menus and restaurants. Fortunately, he learned his lesson last time so was more forthcoming this trip.

I'm laughing out load at your reviews. You're too cute! Keep them coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter