"I believe I am going to die in Disney..." Table of Contents in post 1!

LOL!!! I love your reviews (the both of you) sounds like something my DH and I would do... if he would ever get to WDW with me!!!! Thanks for the laughs!

I'm loving your double dining reviews. :thumbsup2

I am happy to discover that there are other people who didn't enjoy Flame Tree BBQ. I thought I was the only one.

Picasa is messing up my image links once again...I am working on getting the pictures back up on the recent posts!

Your SN is schmoopypoo? OMG! Daniel and I call each other schmoopy and schmoopypoo because of the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld! Hello Schmoopypoo!!
OMG that is too funny...that's exactly why it's my SN. Obviously great minds think alike then :thumbsup2 And thank god you finally made it to MK...I thought you'd never get there :rotfl: Can't wait to hear more

Sorry for being MIA- No DISing for me at work today since the boss was deciding to be a hawk.

Be back in a few minutes with the following reviews:

Main Street Bakery
Grand Floridian Cafe
All Star Music Food Court

first off, congrats on the wedding and your disneymoon! I'm in the middle of planning my wedding and working on little things for our Disneymoon. Subscribing to this thread cuz i love to hear your opinoin on things and then his too. :)

As you all may have guessed by now, I am a huge fan of AM EMH because it's rare that people will get up that early, but you can almost count on people staying late (especially when it's nice, cool, and dark outside).

So, we went to MK AM EMH. There was WAY more people at MK EMH than at the Epcot ones, but there were lots of families with really young kiddos, therefore the rides we like weren't crowded at all. Much like our previous day at Epcot (Day 2), I can run off adrenaline until my tummy starts to growl.

We get off Space Mountain and here's another one of our interesting conversations:

Daniel: I'm hungry.

Me: Makes 2 of us.

Daniel: Let's go to Pooh's Palace.

Me: Um, you mean the Crystal Palace? You also mean the ADR I canceled because Prince Daniel thought the food was too "pedestrian" (yup, I quote- pedestrian) for your refined palette. <silently cursing that I made the Tutto ADR so early in our trip and Daniel now thinks he's a culinary connoisseur>

Daniel: :confused3

Me: :sad2:

We walk over to Pooh's Palace as he now calls it, and we are informed that there will be 1-2 hour wait for this "pedestrian" establishment

Me: Yeah, now it's filled with PEDESTRIANS eating!! <throws wedding band in bushes (j/k I wanted to add dramatic flair)>

Daniel: Well, figure out where else to eat breakfast.

Me: I HAD figured out where to eat until you...bah! We'll go to the bakery.

The line is really long, but it goes by fast, and luckily there's a couple arguing about their children in front of us and I am entertained the whole time.

We order, and the portions are HUGE!! It's not by any means a healthy nor hearty breakfast, but the sheer bulk of it should satisfy you for awhile.

I love apples in pastries (ya know, it makes it healthy, counts as a fruit serving) :rotfl2:

I order the apple charlotte:

iPhoneDisney166.jpg

Daniel continues the healthy breakfast trend and orders the apple turnover:

iPhoneDisney128.jpg

Mine was delicious! While it was sweet, it wasn't over-the-top sweet and it wasn't a glazed doughnut, so I felt it was a "fancy" choice.

Daniel said his turnover must have weighed a pound- there were a lot of apples, and he said it was more than filling.

We skipped the diet coke here, and paid OOP for some water.

Score:

Daniel's Score

Taste: 8
Originality: 5
Service: 5

18/30

Monica's Score

Taste: 9
Originality: 8
Service: 3 (lady who helped us was QUITE rude)

20/30

It is hard to get a table in there, so you may want to take it to go, or if you can have someone from your party stalk the seating area to hold a table while someone orders.

We'd go there again! It's a cute place.

Cost:
2 Snack Credits
Cash Cost: $8.00

OMG that is too funny...that's exactly why it's my SN. Obviously great minds think alike then :thumbsup2 And thank god you finally made it to MK...I thought you'd never get there :rotfl: Can't wait to hear more

Yay for the Soup Nazi episode!! Ah, I think I have it memorized.

Yummmm!! Can't wait to get there... !

When are you going?

first off, congrats on the wedding and your disneymoon! I'm in the middle of planning my wedding and working on little things for our Disneymoon. Subscribing to this thread cuz i love to hear your opinoin on things and then his too. :)

If you have any questions about Disneymooning, ask away! Oh, and I am going to shamelessly plug my trip report. I am focusing more on the food reviews right now, but there's plenty to come on my trip report, too.

You know you wanna click!

Oh and one more thing...after we went through the line and paid, we found out we could have used a CS credit and get 2 drinks. To us, 4 drinks would have been a bit much, but it is an option if you want to do that. Probably not the most bang for your DDP $$$, but again, it's an option.

:)

Let's go to Pooh's Palace.

Me: Yeah, now it's filled with PEDESTRIANS eating!! <throws wedding band in bushes (j/k I wanted to add dramatic flair)>

:rotfl2:

You're killing us over here with these reviews.... :rotfl:

Too funny...

Sorry about the dreadful fare at FTBBQ, I feel your pain.

We've had better ribs at Bob Evans...

Keep these great reviews coming ! :thumbsup2

Where did I leave off...oh, so we're at the MK and we have breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. We walk around some more, and eventually I am HUNGRY! I am a gal who needs protein more than carbs. None of the table service places in MK appeal to us, so we decide to hope on the boat to the Grand Floridian.

The boat ride is short and relaxing. We get off the boat and wander around the GF a bit. I don't understand why it's the most expensive resort- sorry GF lovers. It's very nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why it costs so much. Well, I guess it's the location.

Anyway- we walk by the pool and see a lady in a swimsuit thong. Isn't it a family park/resort? Daniel and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't meant to be a thong...it just happened to fit her that way.

Finally we get to the GF Cafe, and I get intimidated. I know it's free dining and that it's all paid for, but I freak out for a moment. Daniel asks if there's any availability for lunch, and the place is nearly empty except for a wedding reception, so we are seated promptly. I look around and feel like I am at a Luby's circa 1995.

Our waitress comes and gets our drink order- we both order unsweet tea to change it up a bit. About 15 minutes later she comes and gets our food order- we both decide on the NY Strip Steak with Mashed Potatoes and seasonal Vegetables $20.99.

Our food comes out very quickly, which is a trend at most WDW restaurants or so we think.

And here it is:

iPhoneDisney075.jpg

It. Was. Delicious.

Perfectly cooked, the mashed potatoes were buttery and creamy, the steak was perfectly cooked and full of flavor. I didn't expect much from the GF Cafe, and to be honest I never thought we'd eat here on our trip, but I am glad we did.

So, we're eating and we're done. And we're done some more. I look around for our waitress so we could order dessert and get our table cleared and I FINALLY spot her- she's the waitress for the wedding reception! I think to be fair to the wedding party, they should have had a dedicated waitress/server. We don't get mad or antsy, we think they should have great service more than we should...but still.

They bring us a dessert menu and I decided on the Chocolate Fondue - Dark Chocolate Ganache with Fruit $6.99, because fruit is healthy. Yeah.

Daniel decides on the New York-style Lemon Cheesecake - $3.29

A comment about the prices- this restaurant is UNDER priced, I think. I know it's called a cafe, but I really think the prices are very reasonable if not inexpensive.

Here are the beautiful desserts!!

Mine:

iPhoneDisney088.jpg

Daniel's:

iPhoneDisney106.jpg

I think Daniel's is adorable. I told him, "You can't eat Mickey!!"

Daniel: "Get in my belly!!"

Just then some people turn around and look at us funny. :confused3

:cool1:

My dessert was AMAZING! The chocolate was warm and gooey and it had a rich yet light flavor. The fruit was picture perfect and tasted fantastic. And it's just so fun to eat this dessert!

Daniel loved his dessert as well, and he thought the portion was perfect considering he ate a huge steak, but he was really impressed with the presentation. There were gold Mickey silhouettes on the chocolate piece above the cheesecake, as well as the raspberry Mickey head on the side.

Just as we are about to undo our top button (hey, we saw thongs, tact is out the window :rotfl2: ) the beautiful flower girl comes to our table to give us some wedding cake because they had a lot leftover.

We are so full.

We so eat it.

Daniel doesn't care for it, I think it's tasty. The cake is moist, the icing is fluffy, the filling is creamy...no complaints here. Other diners also got a free piece of wedding cake. We all then promptly rolled to our resorts... or felt like we should. How could we walk after all this food?!

Overall, I think if none of the TS places at MK suit your fancy, it is worth the boat ride to go to the GF Cafe. The portions are generous, it's a nice atmosphere, not crowded at all. And the food is delicious!

Daniel's Score:
Taste: 8
Originality: 9
Service: 5

22/30

Monica's Score:
Taste: 9
Originality: 9
Service: 6

24/30

Cost:
2 TS Credits
Cash Cost: $60.00

OMG that steaks looks so yummy! I'm at work and get more hungry as the day goes on reading these threads!

Great reviews! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

That steak from the GF Cafe looks absolutely delicious!! YUM!!

"Tact is out the window."
"We so eat it." :lmao:

Cracking me up!

I am sooooo hungry. This is looking really good!

Looking forward to more!

So glad that you loved GFC...DH and I went there last month and he had the NY strip and it was just amazing!

Great report and awesome pictures, I have never been to GFC, looks delicious
and I will give it a try. By the way I love your eyeglasses, I have the same style but no rhinestones:sad1: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter