How can I give you a Florida quiz...i've never been!!! 3-17th July 2010

Just a quick question. I see you are an irish dance teacher, and are going to DW right around the 4th. The Dolphin is booked so we are staying at the swan because of a dance competition. Is this why you are going? If so how big is this thing?

Just a quick question. I see you are an irish dance teacher, and are going to DW right around the 4th. The Dolphin is booked so we are staying at the swan because of a dance competition. Is this why you are going? If so how big is this thing?

I can answer part of your question. The Nationals for Irish dance are being held at the Swan and Dolphin at that time. If people don't stay at either of the hotels, they're charged $50 at the door. So....pretty much everyone competing will be staying at those hotels. Get ready for lots of dancing and lots of curly hair!

Ooohhhh I couldn't see the calendar at work because they have Bebo blocked, so I got to see it tonight! How cute! It looks like y'all had fun making it.

Wow you calendar is so cute and you guys look like you had lots of fun making it :)

Love your countdown calendar! I like the notepad at the top, ripping off the days as they go by is always more fun :)

I love your countdown calendar! It's very cute. :goodvibes

Love it!!

Aw, your countdown calendar is cute!!

Thanks ladies! I'm pleased with it for a first attempt! we really did have a fun evening although my dad was baffled that we were sitting in the house making a calendar for fun! he's a very busy outdoors person!

Wow, that video was great! I would love to see something like that live. I can see them getting jobs working for Cirque!

Glad you liked it! I really hope they win the overall competition! Cirque...on my to-do list!

Hi, I didn't even know the American National C'ships were on until Meghan (post below) let me know...the type of dancing I do in Ireland is basically the same but more traditional in that we are not allowed wigs, faketan, makeup on U13's etc...and a few other small differences, but I am hoping to drop by and see some of the team dancing which appears to be on Monday 5th...

would you be interested in seeing the dancing or just wondering about busy-ness/crowd levels?

I can answer part of your question. The Nationals for Irish dance are being held at the Swan and Dolphin at that time. If people don't stay at either of the hotels, they're charged $50 at the door. So....pretty much everyone competing will be staying at those hotels. Get ready for lots of dancing and lots of curly hair!

That's a stiff cover charge!!! thanks for the info, will need to add that to the budget if we can find time to drop by! but clashes with our Magic Kingdom day so not sure of the practicalities yet!

Ooohhhh I couldn't see the calendar at work because they have Bebo blocked, so I got to see it tonight! How cute! It looks like y'all had fun making it.

We really did, my Best friend and DBF were doubtful at the start but once we got going was good craic!

Wow you calendar is so cute and you guys look like you had lots of fun making it :)

:rotfl: Thanks! are you thinking of making one stefy?

Love your countdown calendar! I like the notepad at the top, ripping off the days as they go by is always more fun :)

This is my first countdown calendar and would have loved the mickey heads but we don't have Home depot and I wasn't about to start cutting out 100 mickey heads! but as you say ripping off the days will be fun!

Cute calendar! Anything with glue and glitter is fab! Looks like you had fun making it!

The glue and glitter were flowing a little too freely, as can be seen on the ceiling shot! but was definitely a fun evening! plus cutting and sticking makes me feel like i'm back in school!

Heading off on Saturday for a hen party in Glasgow, Scotland...we are going a tour on a party bus on Saturday night which involves entertainment and games on a doubledecker bus and stops at 4 different bars and nightclubs and a free shot in each one! and on Sunday its cocktails in TGI Fridays! and lots of shopping and maybe spa time in between, so I will be MIA all weekend!

Got some nice items for the hen weekend which thought would post up...

10393734274a12466383153l.jpg

10393734274a12466383202l.jpg

10393734274a12466383108l.jpg

Me and my sister had a lovely day shopping in Belfast on Sunday and as well as some hen stuff attire I also got some new holiday items!!!

The Havainna's as per the advice of previous posts (thanks for all the footwear comments!), coudn't find Reef's so my choice was made a bit easier! thought white would get dirty too easily, and red mightn't match all my pink items so went with these...

10393734274a12466383230l.jpg

Got a new bikini, can never have too many of those! don't know how practical a bikini will be in wet n' wild etc will prob need to get a new swimsuit too!

10393734274a12466383286l.jpg

These were on special offer and my curly mop will definitely need all these in the Florida heat! The Venus is in case I get so frustrated I just decide to shave it all off!:rotfl:
10393734274a12466383323l.jpg

My first pair of shorts this year:cool1:

10393734274a12466383411l.jpg

They should go nicely with my mum's wee surprise for trying hard in my exams...:goodvibes

10393734274a12466382998l.jpg

This is to match my a striped red and white tank and was thinking might try and find a sailor mickey or minnie and stick them on?

10393734274a12466383456l.jpg

And me and mum have loved reading through these in the past week, such nice bedtime reading material! love the fact that my mum is as obsessed as I am!:woohoo:

10393734274a12466383500l.jpg

Love all of your purchases! Everything is so cute!! It sounds like you're going to have an exciting weekend. Enjoy!

I have the UG for 2010 adn the Hidden Magic book too. They are both great!

The Nationals for Irish dance are being held from July 3rd-July 7th. I actually just looked at their website and there is a $100 fee per person if you're not staying at the Swan/Dolphin (which is now sold out). It looks like they had to set aside rooms at the YC/BC, CSR and the BWI for competitors as well. I don't think you'll want to stop by and watch!

ooohh I love all the clothes you got! The flip flops are super cute, love the color! :thumbsup2

Have a great weekend! :goodvibes

Love the flowered dress--adorable!! The bikini is terrific, too. Have a great time at the party tour this weekend-- sounds like a lot of fun!

Ooooh, isn't that Hidden Magic book great?

Love all your purchases. Flip flops are cute but I can't do the rubber strap. It rubs on my feet...especially in WDW in the summer!!

I just purchased some reefs at islandsurf.com. I don't know if they ship international but they have a nice comfy fabric strap. AND they have the ones with the bottle opener on the bottom!

There are a few different men's styles with the opener. http://islandsurf.com/islandsurf/page/product/sku/2415/p/Mens-Fanning-Bottle-Opener-Sandals.html?Department=Mens&Apparel=Footwear&Style=Sandals&c=Brown-|SL|-Gum&l=c&v=main&dbsid=4cbd5c2e2822007001284c988d58398b

Love all of your purchases! Some cute clothes and the flops are great. I like the bikini too. I will say I've worn a bikini to every water park I've been to and never had a problem.

I also have the top two books in your collection. My DH is reading Hidden Magic now. I liked that one a lot.

Yes! You got the Hidden Magic of WDW book!! I got that for my birthday and love it! I've mentioned it a few times already in my TR.

Loving all your purchases :goodvibes and excellent that you have the Hidden Magic, is such an awesome book isn't it :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend in Scotland! Love your new clothes :goodvibes - and i just looked at that Mickey&Minnie tshirt in the Disney Store this week!! How sweet of your Mum to buy it for you :cutie:

and yay for the Havainnas!

lol i was just reading the Birnbaum WDW book today on the train to college! I could see other commuters looking over to see what i was reading.. it such's a colourful book :goodvibes

Emma princess: x x

Just came across your PTR, the trip sounds fun and I hope your DBF 'gets' the whole Disney thing and has a fantastic time, sadly my DFi doesn't :eek: although I have only dragged him to Disneyland California & paris so far and im hoping he will somehow love Orlando but not holding my breath :mad: never mind he is happy to put up with it for me.

You will love Discovery cove, one of th emost mazing places I have ever been was such a fantastic day. Love all your purchases for Disney too.

I have stayed at that hotel in Belfast a few years back, such pretty grounds.

Hope you are having a fun weekend in Scotland :thumbsup2

I love reading your PTR- I learn something new all the time.. I"ve never heard of 'reef' Sandals...I have tried looking for Reef's here: no such luck. bummer.

I love your Countdown, it's nice to see that DBF was involved... mine could careless. Although this year, I think i'm going to do a AKL themed one- that may peak his interest!:laughing:

Glasgow, Scotland- we will be there in April next year! I'm really excited- were going to be in your neck of the woods for ten days!

I love the pattern on your new BIkinni!! I"m a fan of the bandeau top too.
It's sooo nice to know I"M NOT THE ONLY ONE who deals with awful hair in the florida heat. I"ve never truly triedthe Frizz-ease line... worth it?

Once we get closer (probably close to the two month mark) i'll be purchasing the hidding mickey book!

Great update...popcorn::

I love your books and have two more if you decide to hit the bookstore anytime soon. (Maybe light reading for the flight.) The Complete Walt Disney World 2010 - coconut press - it has amazing pictures!!!

The other is the children's book The Kingdom Keepers. My daughters and I are almost finished the first. I am enjoying it very much. The author had access to many cool insider hallways, etc. It is fun to hear about some of those.

Your purchases are great! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

PS It was 92 and humid here in PA - The curly hair (which as of Wed. was five inches shorter) was immediately pulled up!

Sorry for the super late reply, dancing, homework, job etc have conspired against me this week and resulted in zero downtime!

Love all of your purchases! Everything is so cute!! It sounds like you're going to have an exciting weekend. Enjoy!

I have the UG for 2010 adn the Hidden Magic book too. They are both great!

The Nationals for Irish dance are being held from July 3rd-July 7th. I actually just looked at their website and there is a $100 fee per person if you're not staying at the Swan/Dolphin (which is now sold out). It looks like they had to set aside rooms at the YC/BC, CSR and the BWI for competitors as well. I don't think you'll want to stop by and watch!

Thanks, we had a brilliant weekend, we did all the usual mad girly stuff and some chill out time too...

one of the best parts was they had emailed the husband to be 21 Mr and Mrs style questions, the bride to be then had to match her answers to his, questions like, Q What is your favourite bodypart on Linzi, favourite film etc...wrong answers resulted in a shot (and TGI's shots are huge)...was such a cool idea though! and we had photos and balloons and banners all over the table, was lovely!

Thanks for the info on the feis, think will skip it if $100 fee!

ooohh I love all the clothes you got! The flip flops are super cute, love the color! :thumbsup2

Have a great weekend! :goodvibes

:cool1:Glad you like, picking a colour was such a difficult decision, my sister was getting a bit impatient but happy with my eventual choice!

Love the flowered dress--adorable!! The bikini is terrific, too. Have a great time at the party tour this weekend-- sounds like a lot of fun!

I got another dress from the same shop in Glasgow, its called Primark, but will maybe save it to be revealed in my real trip report! might even be a contender for my California Grill outfit!
:lovestruc

Ooooh, isn't that Hidden Magic book great?

Love all your purchases. Flip flops are cute but I can't do the rubber strap. It rubs on my feet...especially in WDW in the summer!!

I just purchased some reefs at islandsurf.com. I don't know if they ship international but they have a nice comfy fabric strap. AND they have the ones with the bottle opener on the bottom!

There are a few different men's styles with the opener. http://islandsurf.com/islandsurf/page/product/sku/2415/p/Mens-Fanning-Bottle-Opener-Sandals.html?Department=Mens&Apparel=Footwear&Style=Sandals&c=Brown-|SL|-Gum&l=c&v=main&dbsid=4cbd5c2e2822007001284c988d58398b

Almost finished the Hidden Magic Book, and it definitely adds another level of appreciation for Disney, the depth of detail is amazing...Dr Grant Seeker in the Dinosaur Ride...love it!

If I tell DBF there is a flip flop with a bottle opener on the sole, he is definitely going to make me buy them, haven't even started thinking about Ray's footwear! :scared1:

Love all of your purchases! Some cute clothes and the flops are great. I like the bikini too. I will say I've worn a bikini to every water park I've been to and never had a problem.

I also have the top two books in your collection. My DH is reading Hidden Magic now. I liked that one a lot.

I probably won't be going on any straight down crazy slides, i love rollercoasters but am totally scared of summit plummit types, weird i know! so as you say bikin will hopefully be fine!

How is DH finding the Hidden Magic? I'm almost finished and it has been such a cool read...

Yes! You got the Hidden Magic of WDW book!! I got that for my birthday and love it! I've mentioned it a few times already in my TR.

I've enjoyed your references to it!!! :thumbsup2Can't wait to look out for all the finer details i've missed on previous trips!

Loving all your purchases :goodvibes and excellent that you have the Hidden Magic, is such an awesome book isn't it :)

Gotta love primark! Hidden Magic should come with a warning...'may induce warm fuzzy feelings':hug:!!! will probably reread before we go, lots in it I want to look out for, Haunted Mansion for example, so much I never knew!

Hope you have a lovely weekend in Scotland! Love your new clothes :goodvibes - and i just looked at that Mickey&Minnie tshirt in the Disney Store this week!! How sweet of your Mum to buy it for you :cutie:

and yay for the Havainnas!

lol i was just reading the Birnbaum WDW book today on the train to college! I could see other commuters looking over to see what i was reading.. it such's a colourful book :goodvibes

Emma princess: x x

Glasgow was excellent!
Thanks for the tip on the flip flops again Emma, I'm excited about wearing them!

Love the t-shirt, wish it was sleeveless but will manage !

Birnbaum book is pretty cool but I love the detail of the UG! Wonder if you got any fellow passengers thinking about a trip to Disney? I know if I saw someone reading a disney book on the train I'd be holding myself back from running over and declaring my allegiance!

Just came across your PTR, the trip sounds fun and I hope your DBF 'gets' the whole Disney thing and has a fantastic time, sadly my DFi doesn't :eek: although I have only dragged him to Disneyland California & paris so far and im hoping he will somehow love Orlando but not holding my breath :mad: never mind he is happy to put up with it for me.

You will love Discovery cove, one of th emost mazing places I have ever been was such a fantastic day. Love all your purchases for Disney too.

I have stayed at that hotel in Belfast a few years back, such pretty grounds.

Hope you are having a fun weekend in Scotland :thumbsup2

Hi!!! Cool coincidence that you've stayed at the Culloden! it really is lovely, me and DBF were just saying we want to make more nice trips like that, the Florida Fund is getting in the way at the moment!

Well, similars, I'm hoping DBF really falls in love with Disney, Universal, Florida etc but suppose there's no guarantee! :confused: but like your BF he loves to see me happy so I'm hoping our trip will have a very happy Disney Style ending and he cries when we leave and insists on coming back next year...:rotfl: a girl can only dream! so hope your BF gets bitten by the Disney bug!
Glad you loved Discovery Cove, I'm a wee bit apprehensive about the day, but think its because its totally unknown to me and also i'm a bit scared of getting brusghed by fish in the water, but just gonna have to overcome that!)

I love reading your PTR- I learn something new all the time.. I"ve never heard of 'reef' Sandals...I have tried looking for Reef's here: no such luck. bummer.

I love your Countdown, it's nice to see that DBF was involved... mine could careless. Although this year, I think i'm going to do a AKL themed one- that may peak his interest!:laughing:

Glasgow, Scotland- we will be there in April next year! I'm really excited- were going to be in your neck of the woods for ten days!

I love the pattern on your new BIkinni!! I"m a fan of the bandeau top too.
It's sooo nice to know I"M NOT THE ONLY ONE who deals with awful hair in the florida heat. I"ve never truly triedthe Frizz-ease line... worth it?

Once we get closer (probably close to the two month mark) i'll be purchasing the hidding mickey book!

Great update...popcorn::

Bandeau is great for avoiding strapmarks whilst still being relatively secure!

Definitely try the frizz-ease rachael, its all pretty good, also have you ever tried Aussie? their products are great for our unruly hair type!:scared1: especially in the heat and sun, my hairdresser wants me to leave in conditioner basically 24-7 to protect my hair from the sun etc! i'll definitely do it a few days but want nice hair in the photos not a big conditioned ball!

So cool that your coming to the UK! Any info you need just holler!:)

oooh, hidden mickey book is so good, you'll love it!

I love your books and have two more if you decide to hit the bookstore anytime soon. (Maybe light reading for the flight.) The Complete Walt Disney World 2010 - coconut press - it has amazing pictures!!!

The other is the children's book The Kingdom Keepers. My daughters and I are almost finished the first. I am enjoying it very much. The author had access to many cool insider hallways, etc. It is fun to hear about some of those.

Your purchases are great! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

PS It was 92 and humid here in PA - The curly hair (which as of Wed. was five inches shorter) was immediately pulled up!

5 Inches...thats a lot! brave decision! but I'm sure its a lot easier to wok with and will be pleasnter in the heat! :thumbsup2
Thanks for the book advice, glad to hear you enjoyed Kingdom Keepers, I had seen it and thought it looked interesting so will definitely get that now!

I have saved Breaking Dawn from the Twilight series for our trip (its been in my room since November, so hard to resist not reading it!) Have heard so many good reviews and am hoping this will put in the flight nicely, we are travelling with Monarch, 9 hours and no seatback tv's:mad: and very little leg room, Breaking Dawn will hopefully cheer up the situation:cool1:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!