How can I give you a Florida quiz...i've never been!!! 3-17th July 2010

Oh my goodness girl!! Those are the cutest denim skirts I have ever seen!!!! I say take all 3...you never know when you might need all of them! ;)

Thanks! Sounds like a good approach, that's the reponse I was hoping for!:cool1:

Love your ticker! Your trip will be a great way to celebrate your completion of your exams!:flower3:

I really couldn't cope with these horrible exams if there wasn't a disney light at the end of this very dark revision tunnel! (drama queen i know!) there's just so much added pressure this year because my employer pays for my uni and exams!:scared1:

Great plans so far! Glad you are getting into the trip today! I can't believe you don't have a packing list yet!! Get on that, girl!

Cute pic as a little girl! And love the new dress!

:rotfl:Packing list is definitely needed, with the mini trip to london, night at the hard rock car hire, park tickets etc i've so much to remember i normally don't even look after my passport my mum or nana keeps it for me!

Hope the dress will be suitable for DTD or maybe cali grill?

Lovin your plans so far! I can't believe there's a Krispy Kreme in a London airport, jealousss! There's only one Krispy Kreme shop left in NYC I think, they got rid of them all here :guilty:

I like the first two skirts :thumbsup2 And your dress looks super cute!

There are lots of krispy kreme kiosks and little shops all over UK and not one in Northern Ireland:mad:, So look forward to getting them for the plane! thats sad there's only 1 left in NY! I noticed last time I was in Toronto a lot of there stores were closing...maybe consumers are getting more health conscious? I must have missed the memo! :lmao:Love Krispy Kreme and Tim Hortons donuts so much!

the dress is criss crossy straps at the back which is nice too but no bra! Scary!

Wow, those skirts are so cute! I'd take them all! :cutie:

Thanks!:banana:Ok all 3 skirts are officially now hanging in the 'going to florida' section of my sliderobes!

Loving those skirts so cute, esp the Minnie one :goodvibes

Great plans so far, :thumbsup2 to Krispy Kremes ;)

Cute pic of you when you were little :cutie:

The minnie one is my favourite too I think!:cutie:

Love looking at photos from when I was younger, my hair is a bit crazy, must've been before the invention of frizzease!

Cute skirts! I say to take all 3...that way, you'll have a choice.

Love the old pic!!!!

Thanks, yep gonna take all 3 and have 1 other pair of shorts, 1 cloth skirt, 3 day dresses, 2 night dresses and 9 vest tops, so won't need too much more before I go! But know from your trip report Meghan that you will sympathise with how hard it is to stay away from all that lovely shopping!:rotfl:

Cute skirts-- I agree with the others, why not bring them all??
Great plans too-- I love London! Have a great time there!! I completely agree with you-- I LOVE airports!! :lovestruc There's a small one that's only 45 minutes away from my house and I hate flying out of that one because there's an extreme lack of stores/gates! I'd rather go into the city and fly out of JFK or LaGuardia any day-- love all the stores/food places and people watching. I love imagining where people are going!

wow love the skirts!! where are they from? :cutie:

just spotted a new red vest top with Minnie on it at New Look.. sooo tempted to buy it!

I'm spending my weekend revising accounting too :surfweb: - I listen to WDW music while I study to keep me going! :cloud9:

Btw the London Dungeons aren't too scary.. I found the 'chamber of horrors' at Madame Tussauds scarier :scared1: - there is one part of the Dungeons where the actors will come up to you really close - but I think they kinda 'know' when to leave people alone!! otherwise it's a fun experience, there's a little boat ride, a drop ride (think 'doctor dooms fear fall' in IoA, but smaller!) and Jack the Ripper section which it's a surround sound experience,all quite impressive, think they've learnt a lot from Disney on how to move people through attractions! ;)

Emma princess: x

Great fun clothes! It's fun to see you planning your trip. What's the dungeon? Is that like a Ripley's? I love Krispy Kreme, but I don't get them very often. Hope you enjoy. It's so funny you're going to buy an apple to make it look better!

Cute skirts-- I agree with the others, why not bring them all??
Great plans too-- I love London! Have a great time there!! I completely agree with you-- I LOVE airports!! :lovestruc There's a small one that's only 45 minutes away from my house and I hate flying out of that one because there's an extreme lack of stores/gates! I'd rather go into the city and fly out of JFK or LaGuardia any day-- love all the stores/food places and people watching. I love imagining where people are going!

Know what you mean, I'm such a people watcher and I love talking to people at the airport and just soaking in the excitement...and also means the holidays starts that little bit sooner!:rotfl:

wow love the skirts!! where are they from? :cutie:

ebay!!! so probably were quite cheap mum can't remember exactly how much! the non-disney one is just primark...

just spotted a new red vest top with Minnie on it at New Look.. sooo tempted to buy it!

wow, that vest is lovely, very eye-catching, might have to get one of those two emma! spotted some lovely minnie tshirts in asda, including one that said wannabe wag, thought would suit you and your footie loving fiance, but can't see it on the website, although this one is cute too but maybe not as relevant after this summer!
http://direct.asda.com/george/women...minnie-mouse-t-shirt/GEM42439,default,pd.html

I'm spending my weekend revising accounting too :surfweb: - I listen to WDW music while I study to keep me going! :cloud9:

:thumbsup2 when are your exams? studying is so horrible at the mo!

Btw the London Dungeons aren't too scary.. I found the 'chamber of horrors' at Madame Tussauds scarier :scared1: - there is one part of the Dungeons where the actors will come up to you really close - but I think they kinda 'know' when to leave people alone!! otherwise it's a fun experience, there's a little boat ride, a drop ride (think 'doctor dooms fear fall' in IoA, but smaller!) and Jack the Ripper section which it's a surround sound experience,all quite impressive, think they've learnt a lot from Disney on how to move people through attractions! ;)

Thanks for that info, told DBF about it and think has made us a bit more excited, glad to know they leave the scaredy cats alone, i'll even squeeze out a few tears if it means no-one jumps out on me...:lmao: i'm one of those totally silly people who loves watching horror films and then can't sleep for being scared!

Emma princess: x

Great fun clothes! It's fun to see you planning your trip. What's the dungeon? Is that like a Ripley's? I love Krispy Kreme, but I don't get them very often. Hope you enjoy. It's so funny you're going to buy an apple to make it look better!

Was so happy when mum unpacked those skirts!

think the dungeon is sort of like a historical reenactment of the dungeons throughout english history (or maybe its one particular period, not too sure yet!), some exhibitions, rides, live actors re-enacting gruesome scenes! etc! hopefully we'll emerge unscathed and still make it to Orlando!:scared1:

O krispy kreme are so good! but probably a good thing they don't have any near me, it just wouldn't have a happuy ending, i.e none of those skirts would fit! apples is the only fruit i eat so try and have one a day! makes me feel marginally healthier!:rotfl:

Day 3 Contd.

Upon touchdown at Sanford International Airport, we have are headed through security and toward Alamao, we paid about £20 extra to be able to pick our own car and are in the 'compact category'...so hopefully we will find something cool! if DBF agress i'd go for an american make!

then we'll plug in our Sat Nav (bought in the UK but has US Maps) and attempt to reach Walmart. I say 'attempt' because DBF is one of the most stressed out, manic drivers I know, I mean I have to point out things like red lights to him! so i will not be relaxing but pressed anxiously nose to the windscreen as the worst driver in the world attempts to drive on the OPPOSITE SIDE! Ensue the first row...:rotfl2:

Here is a photo of our hotel

hampton-inn-south-of.jpg

hotelroom.jpg

if we got this room I think I'd be pretty happy...cheap and cheerful is what we're hoping for!

We will also be stopping at Walmart before we arrive at the hotel, on the list so far is
- case of water
- potato chips
- some fruit maybe
- little snacks for the parks
- maybe some sort of filter water bottle
- fruit roll up's mmm
- Mountain Dew
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch

DBF Will probably rein me in from too much junk food!:rotfl:

After a quick freshen up and change into our fancy clothes and heading on the bus to DTD (Need to figure out the correct bus routes)...we are meeting our friends at Raglan Road at 8 and touch down in Orlando at 2.10pm...so we might have time for a quick visit to this store first...

trend005.jpg

In Rag;an Road I anticipate DBF will want to try the beer flight, I'm a bit apprehensive about our meal here as ironically (it being my native restaurant in Disney) I can't see much on the menu I like!

raglan.jpg

I am really looking forward to seeing the Irish dancing, meeting up with my friends from home and also experiencing DTD for the very first time!

I have had very few proper nights out in Orlando, the few my nana and granda enjoyed were to Rosie O'Grady's at Church Street Station, anyone ever visited there? For my 8th Birthday the waitress carried a big cocktail with a spakler through the crowd and everyone sang happy birthday to me! a favourite memory! here's a photo i found from Rosie O'Grady's

10393734274a12521655362l.jpg

Day 3 Contd.
then we'll plug in our Sat Nav (bought in the UK but has US Maps) and attempt to reach Walmart. I say 'attempt' because DBF is one of the most stressed out, manic drivers I know, I mean I have to point out things like red lights to him! so i will not be relaxing but pressed anxiously nose to the windscreen as the worst driver in the world attempts to drive on the OPPOSITE SIDE! Ensue the first row...:rotfl2:
and heading on the bus to DTD (Need to figure out the correct bus routes)...we are meeting our friends at Raglan Road at 8 and touch down in Orlando at 2.10pm...so we might have time for a quick visit to this store first...

This is too funny! :lmao:

Great looking plan - my turn to be Debby Downer...(Pop Culture reference to SNL - don't know if you are too young or if it is familiar outside of USA...)

To pack - put everything in your suitcase and take exactly half out... this kind of kills the three skirts going with, but leaves room for plenty of fun stuff from...

trend005.jpg

Plans for the first night sound great :thumbsup2 Raglan is defo a good choice for your first night at DTD :)

Whoa, those beds look pretty big! :thumbsup2

Yes! I love Tren-D. While I sometimes never find anything I like in there, it is a pretty cute store! I hope you find some stuff you like!

Cute skirts, i say take all 3 :)

The plans for the first 3 days of your trip sound great, hope you have a fun couple of days in London. I don't know how much the easybus is but you could also look at getting the train into London Bridge or Victoria station, not the Gatwick express but just the regular train it will be quicker than the bus i think.

Hotel looks great! The beds look so comfy!

I couldn't really find anything on Raglan Road's menu I liked either when I was looking at their menu but it looks so pretty inside!

This is too funny! :lmao:

Great looking plan - my turn to be Debby Downer...(Pop Culture reference to SNL - don't know if you are too young or if it is familiar outside of USA...)

To pack - put everything in your suitcase and take exactly half out... this kind of kills the three skirts going with, but leaves room for plenty of fun stuff from...

Actually, I had never heard of that at all until I heard (read) you mention it on either yours or nikki's report, and then I told my family about it and it has been used on more than one occasion over the past few weeks (usually by my sisters towards my mum and nana, but all in good fun!) we are a pretty silly family, when we have pancakes for dinner (about once a year unfortunately) we spend the whole meal thinking up alliterative names for our mum, current favourites are pancake piranha and the pancake punisher!

So anyway I'm rambling! I hear you about your packing scheme but I can't honestly say this totally sound theory will win the day! I'll pack for a month's stay, then my very own debby downer (mum!:rotfl:) will come in, be totally shocked, ask where my shopping will go and make me take some shoes and dresses out! 2 out of 3 skirts would be a good compromise!:laughing:

Plans for the first night sound great :thumbsup2 Raglan is defo a good choice for your first night at DTD :)

Will be quite stressful from airport to walmart to hotel to DTD via rental car and bus but DBF has only met the dancing mum's briefly once (never met the husbands!) and definitely needs a few beers for courage! but hey we're in florida so i'll cope:rotfl:

Whoa, those beds look pretty big! :thumbsup2

Yes! I love Tren-D. While I sometimes never find anything I like in there, it is a pretty cute store! I hope you find some stuff you like!

The beds do look big, I showed DBF a kingsize in one of the hotel photo's and he was like 'we'd lose each other in there!' just really hope its clean and smells nice!

The photos of tren-d look so cute, and really hope I find something, but will enjoy browsing so much and will maybe get my sisters a gift from there? they're 16 & 18...

Cute skirts, i say take all 3 :)

The plans for the first 3 days of your trip sound great, hope you have a fun couple of days in London. I don't know how much the easybus is but you could also look at getting the train into London Bridge or Victoria station, not the Gatwick express but just the regular train it will be quicker than the bus i think.

Thanks, will look into the train, would save us some travelling time! although with the tragedy that is the pound to dollar rate will prob want to do the London leg as cheaply as possible sadly!:headache:

Hotel looks great! The beds look so comfy!

I couldn't really find anything on Raglan Road's menu I liked either when I was looking at their menu but it looks so pretty inside!

Glad to know I'm not alone! I'd be happier with chicken strips or a burger at Planet Hollywood or TRex! Might have to go for the steak with a portion of french fries, i'm such a picky eater...:confused3

I'm hoping those type rooms are the rule rather than the exception, gets good enough reviews on trip advisor and kept our spending down so cross fingers it will be nice! The decider was they offer a free breakfast, DBF is a big farm boy and thought this was too good to be true!:rotfl2:

Oooh your first day plans look great! I am actually becoming quite interested in going to Raglan Road. Like you, I don't really see anything on the menu that I'd like. We have dinner one night at Paradiso and I'm thinking of heading over to Raglan Road after for some drinks and Irish dancing! :thumbsup2

Ok Day 4:

Early morning after a night out in the Raglan Road, Discovery Cove was a pretty expensive Day so in Raglan Road me and DBF will have to remind each other not to get carried away and drink lots or join in big rounds, we want to be fresh as daisies waking up in Florida on Independence Day!:yay:

I suppose Discovery Cove is a funny day because I have no idea really what to expect (Doh as Homer Simpson would say, Dolphin Swim!:rotfl:)

But my mum thought it was amzing and would be good for me to have a new experience on the trip! i think i will enjoy the diving where there are NO fish in the water and the lazy river...

discovery-cove.jpg

but this image does look pretty amazing!:cloud9:

For the evening we (code for I: DBF just agrees cheerfully when I ask him a question...:lmao:)are a little unsure, the tentative plan is head to DTD, maybe do Goofy's candy Co, we will share a treat as DBF doesn't have a big sweet tooth and I would be scared of getting it and maybe not liking it enough to eat it all! and the creations are so cool, would be a shame to waste

final-product.jpg

and maybe any other stores that catch our eye, World of Disney being a definite...

planethollywood.jpg

Then we have a 7.30pm ADR for Planet Hollywood...I have loved this restaurant since my first visit in Toronto in 1998! Will maybe have a selection of appetizers to share as our main course?
- captain crunch chicken fingers:worship:
- chicken tostados
- potato skins with bacn and cheese
Not very healthy but thats the kind of food I love!:lovestruc

Then its back to International Drive for an early night because we have a very early start the next day!
:cheer2:

Oooh your first day plans look great! I am actually becoming quite interested in going to Raglan Road. Like you, I don't really see anything on the menu that I'd like. We have dinner one night at Paradiso and I'm thinking of heading over to Raglan Road after for some drinks and Irish dancing! :thumbsup2

Go for it! I see things on the menu that I'm like...o thats cool... like the sea of forks and the little battered sausage things...but nice for other people not me:rotfl:! but your plan means you get a nice meal, where you can pick something you like but then have the nice ambience of the Raglan Road for after...Tom might like the beer flight, a sample of different Irish beers?

PS How quick is time flying now!

Go for it! I see things on the menu that I'm like...o thats cool... like the sea of forks and the little battered sausage things...but nice for other people not me:rotfl:! but your plan means you get a nice meal, where you can pick something you like but then have the nice ambience of the Raglan Road for after...Tom might like the beer flight, a sample of different Irish beers?

PS How quick is time flying now!

I know! It's coming so soon! Yes the beer flights sounds great! Tom does love his British beers! Have any good Irish beers you can recommend?

The photos of tren-d look so cute, and really hope I find something, but will enjoy browsing so much and will maybe get my sisters a gift from there? they're 16 & 18...

Oh good idea! I'm sure you'll find something in there for them too!

Day 4 sounds great, Discovery Cove sounds like it will be fun and Goofy treats to end the day, yes please :teeth:

My aunt, uncle and cousins went to Discovery Cove a few years ago. They absolutely loved it! They each have pictures (don't know if they're included) where they're kissing the dolphins!

I know! It's coming so soon! Yes the beer flights sounds great! Tom does love his British beers! Have any good Irish beers you can recommend?

Harp is from Northern Ireland, Guinness is probably the most famous one I can think of, will have to ask DBF and get back to you since I don't drink beer! what's really popular here st the minute is a cider called Magners, almost drank as much as beer now, not sure if it will be stocked in Raglan Road though!

Oh good idea! I'm sure you'll find something in there for them too!

Hope so:thumbsup2, would love to find some nice disney jewellery also for me and my mum...

Day 4 sounds great, Discovery Cove sounds like it will be fun and Goofy treats to end the day, yes please :teeth:

:banana: Will all be new to me so very exciting!

My aunt, uncle and cousins went to Discovery Cove a few years ago. They absolutely loved it! They each have pictures (don't know if they're included) where they're kissing the dolphins!

Glad to hear another positive review!:cool1: Is it something you, Tony and Madison would consider? I think there's at least one photo included and then a few different packages of photos you can pay for, will just wait and see what we think on the day!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter