How Are The Newly Weds Today? An Italian Wedding & Disneymoon Extravaganza! *UpDate*

OMG, just found your report Stefy and I can't wait to get all caught up.

I'm so excited to go back and see about what I have missed so far!

LOVE reading about the days leading up to the wedding. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with friends and family!
Can't wait to hear how the big day went!

Ok, caught up and all I can say is this has been a beautiful report so far. Your wedding desitation is absolutely breathtaking for me. So pretty. And you are having such wonderful time with your friends and everything that it is just a joy to read about.

Can't wait to see more wedding photos! :thumbsup2

Those mugs of beer are GINORMOUS! :yay:

Mmm, that gelato looks heavenly. One day i'll be able to try the real thing :cloud9:

All the pre wedding festivities looked so fun. Great pics on the boat. Can't wait to see the BIG update :)

Hi Stefy! What a fun couple of "prep" days you had!:thumbsup2 Hmmm I don't think I've had gelato before - I have to put that on my "must do" list.

The area you chose for your wedding is amazing! I didn't realize the coast of Italy could be so beautiful! I can't wait to see your wedding pics - not just to see the venue of course, but that is part of it!:goodvibes

Great updates, Stef. The boat looks like so much fun. And so nice that you were able to have some time with friends before the big day.

Your drinks look yummy too. :)

Thanks :) Was nice to spend the day on the boat. Next time we want to get a bigger one so we can lounge :teeth:

Great updates, Stefy!

You picked a lovely place for your wedding - that part of Italy is just so romantic, isn't it.
I am glad you had a few friends around to join you on your big day! And I am pretty happy you got lots of lovely Italian gelato! ;)

LOVE the presents you got for Amber and Dave! :rotfl2:

How much fun it must have been to watch the wedding the day before .... :cloud9: .... but I guess your wedding was even nicer! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for the next update! popcorn::

Thanks :) Those aprons were a hoot, they were actually right next to that little bar we were sat at so we were all flicking through trying them on :laughing:

:wave2: Looks like I just made it in time for the big day! :cheer2: I also see that I'm going to have another trip to read about in a few. Congrats on the new trip your taking and of course your beautiful new marriage. Cheers:love:

Yay you made it over. Thank you for the congrats :hug: Yes there may be a trip report or two for next year ;)

Great update! I am dying to try the Bounty Gelato :cloud9:

I really can't wait to hear about the wedding!!!!

Thanks :) Don't think I have tried the Bounty one, the Amarena Cherry is amazing, pretty much any flavour you pick you can't go wrong :teeth:

Mmm the gelato looks soo good! :laughing:

Sounds like you had fun on the speedboat and all the scenery looks so pretty :thumbsup2

Lol love the presents and can't wait for the next update :)

Thanks :) I would defo do the speedboat again, was so much fun.

OMG, just found your report Stefy and I can't wait to get all caught up.

I'm so excited to go back and see about what I have missed so far!

Hey glad you found us :)

LOVE reading about the days leading up to the wedding. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with friends and family!
Can't wait to hear how the big day went!

Thanks :) It was great having everyone over with us, we all had a really great time and everyone got on really well with each other :)

Ok, caught up and all I can say is this has been a beautiful report so far. Your wedding desitation is absolutely breathtaking for me. So pretty. And you are having such wonderful time with your friends and everything that it is just a joy to read about.

Can't wait to see more wedding photos! :thumbsup2

Thanks :) Lake Garda is so beautiful, I'm glad Dave found it and suggested it as a venue :)

Those mugs of beer are GINORMOUS! :yay:

Mmm, that gelato looks heavenly. One day i'll be able to try the real thing :cloud9:

They were pretty huge beer's :laughing:

All the pre wedding festivities looked so fun. Great pics on the boat. Can't wait to see the BIG update :)

Thanks :) Hopefully I will be able to get an update done soon, got another busy week again :)

Hi Stefy! What a fun couple of "prep" days you had!:thumbsup2 Hmmm I don't think I've had gelato before - I have to put that on my "must do" list.

The area you chose for your wedding is amazing! I didn't realize the coast of Italy could be so beautiful! I can't wait to see your wedding pics - not just to see the venue of course, but that is part of it!:goodvibes

Thanks :) Its actually a natural lake nestled in the north west of Italy. Venice (which is sort of coastal) is only three hours away. Its a lovely hidden destination and well worth a visit if ever in Italy :)

I'm in!!!! I have been so behind, but i'm finally here and ready for the big day!!!!!!!! I have loved reading along for all of your ptr's and now your wedding tr/journal!!!!!!Can't wait for all of the awesome wedding pics!

Beautiful, beautiful pictures. The bonus boat ride on the lake with the castle in the background looks spectacular. How wonderful to be having so much fun even BEFORE the wedding!

Yum- gelato! I could really go for some right now!

It looks like you guys were having a great time pre-wedding! How nice that everything was pretty relaxed and you could just enjoy the time with your family and friends! :)

Joining in. How lucky that you got married in Italy! It looks beautiful. Can't wait for the BIG update.

I'm also along for the rest of your GREAT TR.
Spent the evening reading your PTR and your TR so I'm all caught up.
What a beautiful place to hold a wedding.

I'm in!!!! I have been so behind, but i'm finally here and ready for the big day!!!!!!!! I have loved reading along for all of your ptr's and now your wedding tr/journal!!!!!!Can't wait for all of the awesome wedding pics!

Hey you made it :)

Great job Dave!!!!!! :thumbsup2

He has his moments :teeth: ;)

Beautiful, beautiful pictures. The bonus boat ride on the lake with the castle in the background looks spectacular. How wonderful to be having so much fun even BEFORE the wedding!

Thanks, it was such a blast speeding on the open water :teeth:

Yum- gelato! I could really go for some right now!

It looks like you guys were having a great time pre-wedding! How nice that everything was pretty relaxed and you could just enjoy the time with your family and friends! :)

It was nice to have a day to sort of relax, things were still a go go. We said to ourselves in the 5 days we were there we never really had any time to ourselves. But I guess that's what the anniversary trip is for right :teeth:

Joining in. How lucky that you got married in Italy! It looks beautiful. Can't wait for the BIG update.

Hi and :welcome: It was the perfect venue and we are so glad that we chose Italy :)

I'm also along for the rest of your GREAT TR.
Spent the evening reading your PTR and your TR so I'm all caught up.
What a beautiful place to hold a wedding.

Hi and :welcome: Wow that was a lot of pages to go through, glad you made it over :)

I'm loving reading this!! That boat trip sounded lots of fun and things always seem that bit more special when they're spontaneous!!

Ooh, you must do a TR for your Disneyland Paris trip!!!! :thumbsup2 I love hearing about other people's trips there!!! I just sooooo want to go back!! But actually want to go to WDW more but got to save pennies and wait for my little girlies to grow a bit more!!!!! :rotfl:

I saw there was Kinder gelato!!!! :cheer2: I love Kinder chocolate so I bet that would taste nice!!!!! :woohoo:

Your venue and area around it looks so beautiful!!!!!! :cloud9:

great updates! Looks like you had some good first days. the weather looks beautiful. can't wait for the big day report!

I'm loving reading this!! That boat trip sounded lots of fun and things always seem that bit more special when they're spontaneous!!

Ooh, you must do a TR for your Disneyland Paris trip!!!! :thumbsup2 I love hearing about other people's trips there!!! I just sooooo want to go back!! But actually want to go to WDW more but got to save pennies and wait for my little girlies to grow a bit more!!!!! :rotfl:

I saw there was Kinder gelato!!!! :cheer2: I love Kinder chocolate so I bet that would taste nice!!!!! :woohoo:

Your venue and area around it looks so beautiful!!!!!! :cloud9:

Thanks, was so much fun. Don't know why Dave took a pic of the Kinder flavour. Maybe to remind himself to try it next time :teeth:

Will defo be doing a TR, am gonna do a mini PTR of sorts too. Haven't officially announced it yet so... :teeth:

great updates! Looks like you had some good first days. the weather looks beautiful. can't wait for the big day report!

Thanks :) The weather was glorious, I would say as hot as Florida :teeth:

Thanks, was so much fun. Don't know why Dave took a pic of the Kinder flavour. Maybe to remind himself to try it next time :teeth:

Because I had the Kinder flavour :rolleyes:

I think you had amaretto cherry or something like that. Either way, you can't go wrong with any flavour you pick out there because they are all so gooooooood!

Hi everyone :wave2:

How are we all doing? I meant to update last night, but we got sucked into two new shows we have been watching, Grimm and Once Upon a Time. Anyone else watching them? They are really good, something light with fairytales and something edgy with fairytale monsters.

Anywho, thought I would do a little update this morning for you to whet your appetites :teeth:

Thursday September 8th - Our Wedding Day :bride: :groom:
Today was the big day!!! I woke up early-ish and lay in bed mind whizzing away. I vaguely remember turning on the laptop to check out emails etc and to Tweet "I'm getting married today!!!"

As the ceremony was at 5pm and things weren't officially happening til 3pm I had a lot of time to kill and had come up with the idea previously of having a girly lunch to kill time and keep my mind off my butterflies.

We all met up in the lobby at 11:30am and made our way down to the lake for the walk into town. It was at this point that the heat and stress was getting to me because I remember being in a lot of itchy pain. Can't remember if I mentioned before, but I had been feasted on by mozzies whilst there.

1596c2a7.jpg

In this pic I am squeezing the hell out of my mums hand because I was so so itchy. Sorry mum :(

We finally made it to the restaurant and had a lovely time chatting away. Took my mind off the afternoon and my itching.

2e6ddbe0.jpg

Our view from the table

8af9d093.jpg

My girls

Then it was time to say goodbye, as I had my hair and makeup appointment shortly after.

Transformed me and my mum took a cab back to the hotel. I remember being worried that I might run into Dave as he was supposed to walk round to collect the button holes for him and his dad. Luckily he hadn't turned up yet and I checked out my bouquet and the button holes.

I told Roberto that Dave was coming to pick them up and was only to take two. The other one was for my dad who was getting ready at our hotel.

Back in the room I walked in to this lovely surprise

a12c8fcd.jpg

6c2b416c.jpg

Housekeeping had very sweetly set this out for us as a congratulations. Roberto had also bought up a bottle of prosecco and glasses as a congratulations for me to enjoy whilst getting ready with the girls. It was so sweet and such a surprise :) You can see the bucket in the corner of the pic, but we will see more soon.

I am gonna have to leave it there as I have to leave to get ready for work. But stay tuned for more :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter