How Are The Newly Weds Today? An Italian Wedding & Disneymoon Extravaganza! *UpDate*

Stunning pictures! Your dress and shoes are gorgeous and you are truly a beautiful bride!!!!!

I am finally caught up! I love, love, love all of the pictures that you are sharing. I have to admit though that I loved my preview of some of them while we were at Disney.

So Dave....get with it. I wanna hear what you have to say......... :surfweb::laughing:

Ok, Im joining in!

Everything looks amazing and beautiful so far:goodvibes It seems like it was truly a dream weddding! Can't wait to read more!

I'm reading along. Lovely dress and what a beautiful place to get married in! Can't wait to hear more about the wedding!

Hi Stefy! Nice you could enjoy a lovely lunch with your girls! I'm sure it made he time go by a little faster.

Yes, I agree with everyone - you made a beautiful bride, and I love your hair and you dress!

Hey everyone! So I suppose it's my turn to write about what I was doing before the wedding so that Stef can continue the report.

My dad had rented a house for the week of the wedding (with his girlfriend Laura and my grandmother), so I decided that staying at his the night before would be the best thing to do. I woke up at around 8:00-9:00 I think, slightly rather hungover ;)

First order of business was to get a few cups of tea down us, shower, then head into town in search of food. We knew there was a big supermarket near the centre of town, so we headed straight there at a slightly slower pace than normal to see what we could find. For some reason unknown to man, there is no such thing as bacon in Lake Garda. We were walking round and round and round that supermarket for a good half an hour trying to find anything that looked even remotely like bacon! In the end we settled for a few packets of 'pork cubes' and some bread rolls.

We wandered back to the house, made more tea, ate the bacon alternative outside in the garden and played some cards to take my mind off of things. I wasn't nervous about anything that was going to be happening today, I was actually excited and just wanting to get going already!

At about 3:30 I had to go over to the hotel and pick up the button holes for me and dad, also give my mum her corsage (Which I may have put on wrong lol).

a49b185c.jpg

Mum and Paul (my stepdad) were going to be walking round the lake to the castle now, so we said our goodbyes and goodlucks, took a few pics, and off I went to get ready for the wedding!

Me and Paul
d37060cd.jpg

From left to right is my brother Josh, Myself and Cousins Tommy and Katie.
422c7aa7.jpg

Our photographer came back with me to take a few pics of us getting ready.

70149bbc.jpg

3ecd77f1.jpg

Stef got me a little wedding gift as she knows I needed some and also because they are one of my favourite characters.
8fa26329.jpg

My dad was in the other room getting ready whilst Katy was taking pictures of the flowers and rings, she caught me having my one and only nervous moment.
6f8f16b5.jpg

I got dad some cufflinks to wear as well.
ea55b614.jpg

Then it was my turn to get ready. Dad was helping with my cravat as I had no idea how to, he had to ask one of his friends back in London if he could send us instructions, but it all worked out well in the end.
390aaa30.jpg

a891a4d6.jpg

Ready at last, nerves gone, it's time to get married!

Hi Dave!

It's so interesting to hear your side of the "story" as well. :goodvibes
Love the cufflinks! What a sweet gift of Stefy.
The photos are all really nice. I love the one of you and your younger brother and cousins.

Next time you go to Italy and you need bacon, go to the part where they slice ham. You have to order it there and it might be a bit different to what you call bacon. But it's pretty tasty, I tell ya.

Sorry I haven't mailed your T-shirt yet, but I packaged everything today and there is just a tiny bit of space which I wanted to fill with a few sweets. So next week it'll be on its way. :goodvibes

Stefy love the pics of you in your dress - you make a beautiful bride :cutie:

Dave thanks for sharing your perspective. Lol at LG having no bacon! :laughing:

I love the pic of the rings in the flower and the gifts you gave each other on the day.

Great to hear you side of getting ready Dave. You don't look nervous at all, but quite happy I will say.

I definitely missed some things!

The pictures of Italy are absolutely gorgeous. On my list of places to visit one day.

That gift Dave gave was amazing. So perfect I think. I would have been crying too.

Stefy, you look absolutely beautiful in your dress. Everything just seemed to be perfect. :goodvibes

Wow, Stefy all those pictures are so gorgeous! You look so pretty! What a thoughtful gift from Dave. I love that he made you cry! :lmao: And, omg, how cute are those pics of you?! How old were you when you started going out? You look so young!!

Thanks :) It was really thoughtful and I love it so much :lovestruc We started going out officially in 2001, but have known each other forever. We were about 15/16yrs in those pics .

Loving the updates Stef! Can't wait for more popcorn::

Oh, Stefy, the pictures are fabulous so far!!! You look beautiful and so happy!!! :goodvibes And what a thoughtful gift from Dave!!!

What beautiful pics!! You look very pretty and excited! What a thoughtful gift from Dave-he's a keeper!!

These last two updates have been wonderful!

What a place to have lunch on your wedding day with the girls. That was just a gorgeous view. Looks like you all were enjoying yourselves very much.

And your photos! They are so good. You look so happy. As does your parents. I love that one of your mom and dad together.

And for Dave, what a guy you have there. So very thoughtful of him to give you such a wonderful wedding present. I even teared up a little reading it. Just because it was such a sweet moment for you.

Can't wait to see the rest of your wedding day.

Thank you :) I can't remember what my dad was laughing at, but Katy caught it at the perfect time.

Wow! What a beautiful bride you were! I love your dress! Those photographs are gorgeous, and I can't wait to see more!

Wow what a thoughtful gift! Your DH seems very sentimental, I don't think my Dh could even grasp making me a photo album like that! :lmao:

You, my friend, look absolutely gorgeous and the shoes are spectacular!

Thanks ladies :) One of our guests was very surprised at the gift (he being male and gay) he says he's never seen anything so thoughtful from a guy before. Which to me is strange, as Dave is pretty good when it comes to thinking of thoughtful things :)

There is only one thing to say .........

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a lovely gift from Dave! So sweet!
Wonderful photos, love all the momentos of your wedding and cannot wait to see more! :hug:

Thanks Karin :) More to come soon :)

Stefy, what beautiful pictures of you and the girls at lunch, and as you are getting ready for the wedding. You are a beautiful bride. :goodvibes

Thank you Kathy :)

I'm joining in! Better late than never right? I have lurked on a couple other TR's of yours and we follow some of the same people, so I figured I would come out of hiding to tell you how beautiful everything looks! Getting married in Italy??? So amazing! I can't wait to see the rest!

Hi and :welcome: Thanks for coming out of lurkdom, have seen you around on other TR's too :)

Thank you, it was the most perfect beautiful day and I wish we could experience it every year :teeth:

OMG! you looked beautiful! I love how your hair came out! DH gave me a gift that made me cry as well! Damn those boys for thoughtful/emotional gifts! That was super sweet of him. I'd love to see photos!

Thank you :) I was so pleased with my hair, as its quite fine and doesn't hold well with curls etc. But my hairdresser was amazing and those babies held for the whole day :teeth:

Amazing updates Stefy! :cloud9: everything sounded fabulous, love the gift from Dave :lovestruc

That first photo of your Mum & Dad is so lovely, they look really proud & excited for you!
Your dress & accessories were beautiful, perfect for a summery Mediterranean wedding too.. can't wait to read more

Emma princess: x

Thanks :) The venue was amazing and I am so glad we decided on Italy, whatever time of year it is always so beautiful and September always holds a special place in our hearts, as we always tend to go away in the Fall. Actually thinking about it, I don't know why we picked September (must have been a subconscious thing) :teeth:

Love the pics of you getting ready, you are such a beautiful bride! :lovestruc I love the gift from Dave, that is so thoughtful! :thumbsup2

Stunning pictures! Your dress and shoes are gorgeous and you are truly a beautiful bride!!!!!

Thanks ladies :)

I am finally caught up! I love, love, love all of the pictures that you are sharing. I have to admit though that I loved my preview of some of them while we were at Disney.

So Dave....get with it. I wanna hear what you have to say......... :surfweb::laughing:

Yay for being all caught up :) and thanks :)

Ok, Im joining in!

Everything looks amazing and beautiful so far:goodvibes It seems like it was truly a dream weddding! Can't wait to read more!

Hi and :welcome: thanks for joining in, stay tuned for more :)

I'm reading along. Lovely dress and what a beautiful place to get married in! Can't wait to hear more about the wedding!

Hi and :welcome: Glad to have you along :)

Hi Stefy! Nice you could enjoy a lovely lunch with your girls! I'm sure it made he time go by a little faster.

Yes, I agree with everyone - you made a beautiful bride, and I love your hair and you dress!

Aww thanks :) Lunch was perfect for taking my mind off things and was lots of fun with the girls too.

Great to hear Dave's side! What cute cufflinks!

Thanks, I didn't really have plans for the day like Stef daid so there wasn't really much to write about. They were my 'disney thing' to have for the wedding, I love them.

Hi Dave!

It's so interesting to hear your side of the "story" as well. :goodvibes
Love the cufflinks! What a sweet gift of Stefy.
The photos are all really nice. I love the one of you and your younger brother and cousins.

Next time you go to Italy and you need bacon, go to the part where they slice ham. You have to order it there and it might be a bit different to what you call bacon. But it's pretty tasty, I tell ya.

Sorry I haven't mailed your T-shirt yet, but I packaged everything today and there is just a tiny bit of space which I wanted to fill with a few sweets. So next week it'll be on its way. :goodvibes

It was nice getting a pic with just the kids, they were well behaved that day. Makes a change since they were usually trying to push me into the hotel pool :laughing:. I saw a couple of meat counters, but could not find anything remotely bacon unless you mean parma ham? Oh you got the tshirt? Awesome, thanks so much. Let me know the cost and how you want me to send the money.

Stefy love the pics of you in your dress - you make a beautiful bride :cutie:

Dave thanks for sharing your perspective. Lol at LG having no bacon! :laughing:

I love the pic of the rings in the flower and the gifts you gave each other on the day.

It was a travesty, but the pork cube thingies worked out just fine in the end. It was nice to sit in the garden playing cards and just relaxing. I was getting a little antsy because I hated waiting around. I wanted to get there already!

Great to hear you side of getting ready Dave. You don't look nervous at all, but quite happy I will say.

Well I don't look it, but I think I was doing one of those big breaths and she took a pic around that moment. I did have one little rush of nervousness when I actually put my suit on, everything became very real and I hate standing up in front of people. That's why I never wanted to do a big wedding over here, too many people would show up and I would be sweating my butt off lol.

Amazing pictures, thank you for sharing!

You looked beautiful Stefy, I adored the dress and the shoes :cloud9:

I love hearing how each of you spent the morning and afternoon before the wedding!!! :goodvibes And what sweet and thoughtful gifts you got for each other!!! :lovestruc

-Sounds like you had a great brunch (minus the mosquitos!).
-The surprise on the bed was so cute!
-What a gorgeous pic of you getting ready!
-LOVE the party shoes! Too cute!
-Awww! What an awesome reaction to your wedding gift! Adorbs!
-Sweetie, you are STUNNING! I love your dress and you look GORGEOUS in it!
-What a funny story about the "Pork Cubes"!
-Love the alien rings!

Amazing pictures, thank you for sharing!

You looked beautiful Stefy, I adored the dress and the shoes :cloud9:

I love hearing how each of you spent the morning and afternoon before the wedding!!! :goodvibes And what sweet and thoughtful gifts you got for each other!!! :lovestruc

It is fun to hear both sides, can't believe that Dave was so calm :)

-Sounds like you had a great brunch (minus the mosquitos!).
-The surprise on the bed was so cute!
-What a gorgeous pic of you getting ready!
-LOVE the party shoes! Too cute!
-Awww! What an awesome reaction to your wedding gift! Adorbs!
-Sweetie, you are STUNNING! I love your dress and you look GORGEOUS in it!
-What a funny story about the "Pork Cubes"!
-Love the alien rings!

Thank you :) It was such a perfect day :)

Love the pics from your photographer and hearing both sides. You two are such a cute couple! Can't wait to see some more!!!

Love the pics from your photographer and hearing both sides. You two are such a cute couple! Can't wait to see some more!!!

Thanks hun and thanks for being our little miracle worker on that SD card. So happy you managed to get most of the pictures off for us :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter