Homeschool Chat Part III

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Disney Mommy 3, Aug 15, 2010.

1. StraightToDumbo

StraightToDumbo Monorails kill dreams.

Absolutely! The great thing is, once you find curriculum that works, you can reuse it with other kids. Our curriculum bill this year is just north of a grand, which isn't too bad. When we first started, it was 2 bills easy.

2. Happyinwonerland

Happyinwonerland DIS Veteran

How do you determine your "start date"? I see all these friends posting first day of school pics, but I haven't decided on an official first day of kindergarten for dd yet!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. JoanneDisFan

JoanneDisFan Mouseketeer

I set Aug 1st as our start date for reporting purposes, but will actually start school work when public schools start back.

Happyinwonerland likes this.
  5. StraightToDumbo

StraightToDumbo Monorails kill dreams.

We started on Monday. We normally start the first Monday after August 1st. It puts us in great position to end the year in May with plenty of wiggle room. Also, we like to take the budget hit as early as possible so we can recover for Christmas.

Happyinwonerland likes this.
  6. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

We start in July. We always go on vacation Labor Day week and I like to get 6 weeks in before then. :)

7. superchime

superchime Mouseketeer

It can get super hot and humid here in the summer, so we usually start right after the 4th of July. We'll go swim in the mornings and do school in the afternoons when they don't want to be outside anyway. This lets us take time off when the weather is nicer in the fall and winter.

8. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

Anyone here live in Huntsville, AL? We're strongly considering a move there. Seems like homeschooling is very popular there.