Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

At 10, I could see leaving them in line to go do a diaper change with STRICT instructions, depending on the kids themselves and comfort level in that scenario. Especially if it wasn't moving at all and you figured you could be back before they actually got on or if you'd left them with a cell phone. Tough call, pull them all out and have the older ones throw a fit or try to take care of the younger one as quickly as you can. I certainly have let my kids ride stuff that I don't want to and meet them at the end though they were slightly older (10 and 11). What seems very odd to me is that the kids didn't speak up as to where the mom went!

Still I am glad that the pooh-karma happened and the rest of the afternoon went without a hitch. Impressed with the squishing in of the JC given the timeframe.

Freeze Tag

:lmao:

It is the apparent lack of a plan- where and when the mom would meet back up with the two others- that is the most distressing. Disney is not a place that you want to be separated without having a clear plan.

We were curious about whether pooh-karma pooh: would follow us into another park.

:goodvibes

Dee, I love so many things about this update!

1) Pooh Karma - excellent!
2) Mother of the Year and the fact that we are all shocked by BOTH the child abandonment and the "I don't know where I'm staying comment." :)
3) The Ninja Mom response I was waiting for after reading your update, which did not disappoint!
4) The treehouse! It must be the year of the treehouse, because we rarely if ever set foot in a Disney treehouse. But sure enough, DS6 decided it was essential at Disneyland and we spent a good 15 minutes in the treehouse while our FP window for Splash started to slip away. We did make it to Splash during our window, but with two grumpy teens wondering how much time a 6-year-old could possibly want to spend in that treehouse. Answer: Enough time to annoy teen brothers!

My prediction for Epcot and your ADR - I think you made it! That Pooh Karma can't run out yet!

These were a couple of chapters I was really looking forward to writing. I mean, you just can't make this stuff up!!!

Pooh-karma pooh: became a catch phrase for us for the rest of the trip.

Always enjoy reading whatever NinjaMom cooks up!

The treehouse is ok- I'm glad it is there when you need to kill a little time. Sounds like you killed almost a touch too much on your DL trip.

Dee I think with your Pooh Karma you'll be fine for your dinner reservation at Epcot!!

I've been waiting for this update! And now I can say .... wow! Yeah, mother of the year for sure. I'm sure she had zero Pooh karma the rest of the trip. I hope she found her kids.

I actually love the thunderstorms in Disney. As long as I have a poncho or an overhang that is.

Enjoyed your update (and humor) as always!!

We were not sure if pooh-karma pooh: would still be in effect as we entered EPCOT and if so, if it would stick with us even if we pushed the envelope.

:)

I have some additional information for the Mom of the Year/Pooh-Karma pooh: update. My husband just read this over and reminded me of the main reason we got Pooh-karma pooh:

When we were in the non-covered part of the queue, it started raining. The mom and three kids were behind us, without ponchos or rain coats, so we let them go in front of us so that they could get under cover sooner. I guess that is when she started talking to us, and is the primary reason we earned the pooh:

I'll edit that back into the main post.

You definitely deserved some pooh-karma for being so kind :thumbsup2
Makes it a wee bit weirder that she didn't say she was doing a "runner" with the youngest though!!:confused3

I have some additional information for the Mom of the Year/Pooh-Karma pooh: update. My husband just read this over and reminded me of the main reason we got Pooh-karma pooh:

When we were in the non-covered part of the queue, it started raining. The mom and three kids were behind us, without ponchos or rain coats, so we let them go in front of us so that they could get under cover sooner. I guess that is when she started talking to us, and is the primary reason we earned the pooh:

I'll edit that back into the main post.

That was really kind. No wonder you got "pooh" karma. :)
The whole thing is just so strange though.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You definitely deserved some pooh-karma for being so kind :thumbsup2
Makes it a wee bit weirder that she didn't say she was doing a "runner" with the youngest though!!:confused3

Can't believe I didn't remember that!

I love that phrase! Doing a runner!

:rotfl2:

That was really kind. No wonder you got "pooh" karma. :)
The whole thing is just so strange though.

Now that Mark has reminded me of that episode, it makes even more sense that we spent a fair amount of time in line "judging"

Before I get to the next update, I have some additional information for the Mom of the Year/Pooh-Karma pooh: post. My husband just read this over and reminded me of the main reason we got Pooh-karma pooh:

I have edited this into the main post.

When we left off, my family was on the monorail to EPCOT in a quest to get to our 6:30 dining reservation at La Hacienda. We made the Future World loop

Cleared bag check and arrived here:

At approximately 6:30, the time of our reservation.

We often take the monorail from MK to EP- that is our usual way to return to the Beach Club.

We usually take that opportunity to enjoy a ride on Spaceship Earth, an attraction my whole family enjoys.

We really aren’t THAT late, are we?

OK, maybe that was a little wrong. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.

Continued in Next Post

Continued from Previous Post:

We walked as fast as we could from the SSE exit to Mexico. I think we arrived a little after 7. There were two guys in front of us at the restaurant check-in podium. Both of these guys were turned away and were none too happy about it! This does not look good.

I decided to go with a little white lie, and tell the guy "We have reservations. I think they are for 7"

He looked, and told us he couldnt find our name.

So I asked him "Would you like our reservation number?"

"No, we dont have reservation numbers in our system"

:confused3

Brenda, was that you who encountered that during one of your visits? WHY do the Disney dining reservation CMs even give us a confirmation number if the restaurants cant access them???

So I fessed up. "Maybe our reservations were earlier"

"Oh, here you are! We'll seat you soon."

About 5 minutes later, our buzzer went off and we were seated

Here!

With these awesome views of the World Showcase!

That's no way to teach us a lesson!

This restaurant barely made the cut for us when we were planning. Mark and I really wanted to try it, but the boys were not as enthusiastic. They voted for Coral Reef. Fortunately, they were overruled!

The chips and salsa were a great start.

We ordered these to share:

Ensalada de la Hacienda - Spinach salad with queso fresco, tomatoes, pomegranate, pine nuts and avocado, with mustard vinaigrette dressing - $8.00

Pescado a la Talla - Grilled Tilapia served with esquites (roasted corn) nopales(cactus leaves) and mango chutney - $24.95

Parrillada (serves 2 people)
- "La Hacienda" Mixed grill offering flank steak, chicken al pastor, chorizo and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsa. - $49.95
I believe this came with small tortillas

The food was INCREDIBLE. Every bite was better than the last. It was like we were in that scene from When Harry Met Sally.

Bite of chicken: Mmmmmmm!

The steak: Moan!

The rice and peas: UNHhhhhh!

Even the roasted corn and black beans were amazing!

For dessert, the boys got the churros and the caramel apple pastry. I wish I could tell you how good these were, but the boys did not share.

Total Bill: $105.23 plus tip

Rating: 9 plus! The atmosphere, view and food were out of this world.

Totally more than we deserved after our hijinks on the way to the restaurant!

Next up: I hope Im not late for a very important date!

I can't believe the mom left the two kids by themselves! Wow.
On the other hand, I'm glad the Pooh karma worked out so well for you! That is some awesome karma at work.

For a moment I thought I missed your latest and then realized you just posted it. Too bad I'm reading from my phone. *sigh*.

Doesn't matter - great update. You really are a rebel there - riding SSE and then arriving Kate for your ADR. Insert laugh smilie here. And u were rewarded with a fabulous view.

Smart choices on the entrees. That meal that serves two really serves like 3 people. I've tried the fish version. May have to try the beef next time.

I'll stop back later when I can really see your pics!

That food looks amazing!!!!! Definitely putting that restaurant on our list (maybe when DS is older and we can really enjoy it!)

Wow what a view from your table :banana: Food looks amazing too! We have never eaten here but I'd definitely be tempted in the future! It would amazing to watch illuminations from there too:goodvibes

Great update. I can never decide if I want to try La Hacienda or San Angel. I think you made up my mind for me. La Hacienda looks amazing. Thanks for knocking one off my long list of possible ADR. Not saying this will make the final cut, as my DH has to be in the mood for Mexican food. Me I could eat it three four times a week.

My kids love SSE as well, and that souds like something we would do. If fact we have probably done the same thing. Lol

We are almost always a half hour late for our ADRs and never had a problem keeping the reservation. I've heard they hold them for 45 min. It's really not easy sometimes making those ADRs so far in advance. KWIM!!?

My DH loves mexican food. Me not so much (well I do like Taco Bell LOL) So we have never tried either Mexican at Epcot. Although I have said I'd love to try San Angel just for the atmosphere. I usually say it when on the Gran Fiesta ride.
I really would like to try it. It's not like I wont eat mexican it's just not one of my favorites, and when you're spending that much $$ in disney, well you know.
What a great table you got there! Keep the karma comin!!

Not sharing their desserts, eh? We have the "Everybody gets 1 bite of what you ordered" rule in my family. The tinier the dessert, the tinier the bite! If you've ever seen a petit four divide 5 ways then you know that it's not pretty!

~NM

We often take the monorail from MK to EP- that is our usual way to return to the Beach Club.
We always do that, too. That is one of the best things about staying at the BC. We don't need to use the buses very often. ;)
We usually take that opportunity to enjoy a ride on Spaceship Earth, an attraction my whole family enjoys.
My DH loves Spaceship Earth and I always have to stop at Cool Club for my favorite VegiBeta drink. :)

With these awesome views of the World Showcase!
Ensalada de la Hacienda - Spinach salad with queso fresco, tomatoes, pomegranate, pine nuts and avocado, with mustard vinaigrette dressing - $8.00

Pescado a la Talla - Grilled Tilapia served with esquites (roasted corn) nopales(cactus leaves) and mango chutney - $24.95

The food was INCREDIBLE. Every bite was better than the last. It was like we were in that scene from When Harry Met Sally.

Bite of chicken: Mmmmmmm!

The steak: Moan!

The rice and peas: UNHhhhhh!

Even the roasted corn and black beans were amazing!

For dessert, the boys got the churros and the caramel apple pastry. I wish I could tell you how good these were, but the boys did not share.

That's it - we are eating here when we stay at the BC in May. I love Mexican food and Disney has been lacking in this category - until now. :thumbsup2

Wow! What a great view of World Showcase from the restaurant. Can you imagine watching Illuminations from that table?!?! The food looks so good and there's so much of it.

I've never eaten there before but it looks delicious!! May have to add that to my list. I think we must be related because we both dig a great water view from a restaurant. :thumbsup2 My favorite water view is from Rose & Crown!

That's something I need to do more often, the monorail into EPCOT. I love that it goes in and over. Definitely gonna do that more.

I was just thinking about Brenda's similar situation with lack of confirmation number. It was in Downtown Disney I think (but I could totally be wrong on that). It's so strange. :confused3

And boy they really punished you for arriving late. :laughing:

pooh: Karma all over the place.

You naughty girl...but that is so funny. I would tll that same white lie if I had to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter