HHN30 Rumours (maybe Spoilers?)

I'm sure I read today that Disney may bring it taking temperature checks before you can enter similar to bag check so if this did happen (and nothing confirmed yet) then Universal may do the same but my thought is how long would this realistically take to do for each guest (obviously I want everyone to be safe and healthy but just not sure it's realistic). At least then you'd have a hopefully good idea as to who was healthy and who wasn't although if you did just have a fever for a non covid related illness, then it would be interesting to see how all this was handled
They would more than likely use forehead scan thermometers, which literally take seconds. Walk through the metal detector, get your forehead scanned, be on your way.

EDIT: They’re also in development for a COVID-19 test that only takes 15 mins... so i would imagine if someone has a fever they could fairly easily pull them aside and run a quick test once they’re readily available.

They would more than likely use forehead scan thermometers, which literally take seconds. Walk through the metal detector, get your forehead scanned, be on your way.

EDIT: They’re also in development for a COVID-19 test that only takes 15 mins... so i would imagine if someone has a fever they could fairly easily pull them aside and run a quick test once they’re readily available.
Oh wow I didn't know about the forehead scan ones - I'm obviously living like a dinosaur haha.
Also that would be a great solution too about the 15 minute test 👍🏻

We have a forehead thermometer. It takes probably about 10 seconds total from the time you turn it on/clear it and it registers a reading. I imagine if Disney/Universal was using this, they'd have some kind of plastic covering over it for sanitary reasons that they'd change between each person. So I'd guess it would add another 20-30 seconds per guest to the entry procedure. It doesn't sound significant, but will increase the entry time a bit during the busiest times. Especially when they have to pull people aside who are registering with a high temperature, or there will be people who don't want to comply.

We have a forehead thermometer. It takes probably about 10 seconds total from the time you turn it on/clear it and it registers a reading. I imagine if Disney/Universal was using this, they'd have some kind of plastic covering over it for sanitary reasons that they'd change between each person. So I'd guess it would add another 20-30 seconds per guest to the entry procedure. It doesn't sound significant, but will increase the entry time a bit during the busiest times. Especially when they have to pull people aside who are registering with a high temperature, or there will be people who don't want to comply.
Quite understandable, and those people have every right to refuse... and Universal has every right to say if they don't comply they can't enter their private property.

They would be using non-contact infrared thermometer, not the temporal ones. Would probably be quicker than the one you mentioned. I dont think this would slow up lines one bit. People who don't empty their pockets or act like they have never see a metal detector before are more concerning to me.

They would be using non-contact infrared thermometer, not the temporal ones. Would probably be quicker than the one you mentioned. I dont think this would slow up lines one bit. People who don't empty their pockets or act like they have never see a metal detector before are more concerning to me.

I imagine if they do it, they would be like the ones some airports have......you just walk through and they’re like a camera and it picks up high temps......I’m not very technical so can’t describe them properly. But I‘m not sure they’d actually be able to lay hands on you. Of course I don’t know.......maybe they can by law???

Yes, I know the folks you mean.......always amazes me when folks are surprised by having to empty pockets!!!

I imagine if they do it, they would be like the ones some airports have......you just walk through and they’re like a camera and it picks up high temps......I’m not very technical so can’t describe them properly. But I‘m not sure they’d actually be able to lay hands on you. Of course I don’t know.......maybe they can by law???

Yes, I know the folks you mean.......always amazes me when folks are surprised by having to empty pockets!!!

I would assume that they can't touch you unless you give permission... Kind of like how a scare actor can't touch you? I think a long term solution would be what your talking about, like when they finally installed all of the full time detectors in the hub.

lol It amazes me too and for some reason I'm always stuck behind these people with a million things in my hand.

I would assume that they can't touch you unless you give permission... Kind of like how a scare actor can't touch you? I think a long term solution would be what your talking about, like when they finally installed all of the full time detectors in the hub.

lol It amazes me too and for some reason I'm always stuck behind these people with a million things in my hand.

lol......we thought it was just us who gets these folks in front of us!!!

Yes, I can see short term they may have to ask your permission to take your temp when entering......at the end of the day, private property and if you don‘t agree, you leave.

Difficult times and all that......wouldn‘t bother me and my family at all......whatever it takes really :thumbsup2

lol......we thought it was just us who gets these folks in front of us!!!

Yes, I can see short term they may have to ask your permission to take your temp when entering......at the end of the day, private property and if you don‘t agree, you leave.

Difficult times and all that......wouldn‘t bother me and my family at all......whatever it takes really :thumbsup2

As long as its not taking my blood pressure after Hulk I should be all set! lol. I'm just hoping HHN is a full go and its better than this rumor map suggests.

As long as its not taking my blood pressure after Hulk I should be all set! lol. I'm just hoping HHN is a full go and its better than this rumor map suggests.

Oh how true!! My pulse is through the roof after the bigger rides!

Yes, they need something better than what’s been shown so far......expected more for the 30th anniversary!

Be interesting to see if they use those - they are not particularly accurate and people are shedding the virus before they have a temperature for the most part. people can also take things to make them pass the temperature test.
It might be one of those make people feel good things - so they will need to balance that with speed.
Will be interesting to see how that play out.

Interesting rumor on one site - they might do HHN30 this year and Next because of COVID - like Disney does the 50th for more than a year

Quite understandable, and those people have every right to refuse... and Universal has every right to say if they don't comply they can't enter their private property.
Of course. I'm just saying that you know there will be those people who will stand there and argue about it, thus holding up the line for everyone else. Adding to the time it takes to enter.

That would make more sense, and would be less time consuming. But it would still be interesting to see how they flag or pull people who are considered to have fevers. There's a similar thread on the Disney boards and some people have mentioned that people/kids may get fevers from vaccines, teething, sunburn, even allergies. And some who have naturally lower body temperatures could have a full blown fever at what would typically be considered normal or low grade to others.

That would make more sense, and would be less time consuming. But it would still be interesting to see how they flag or pull people who are considered to have fevers. There's a similar thread on the Disney boards and some people have mentioned that people/kids may get fevers from vaccines, teething, sunburn, even allergies. And some who have naturally lower body temperatures could have a full blown fever at what would typically be considered normal or low grade to others.
Thats true. I'm curious if by the time they re-open there will be a rapid response COVID-19 test they can administer if the guest wants to challenge their fever results. This is unprecedented. I'm not very familiar with whats going on in Shanghai, but how are they handling it?

Thats true. I'm curious if by the time they re-open there will be a rapid response COVID-19 test they can administer if the guest wants to challenge their fever results. This is unprecedented. I'm not very familiar with whats going on in Shanghai, but how are they handling it?
I dont think they would get the same response in Shanghai (or many places) you might get in the US.
They could have a more accurate option for folks that want to challenge it I guess.

I can see someone yelling - "I spent X Dollars and I'm going in..."

I'd spend 10 minutes of my day and sit on a bench with some popcorn to watch that popcorn:::rotfl2:

Lol......Bump up on that bench :thumbsup2.......add some wine and it would be a real hoot to watch that!!!!

Haunting of Hill House is amazing. If you've seen it, then you know about the car scene and the bent neck lady. Anyway, I'd love to see a haunted house of this show.

I haven’t seen it all yet, it does look good, and that does sound like a HHN scene.......o_O

Haunting of Hill House is amazing. If you've seen it, then you know about the car scene and the bent neck lady. Anyway, I'd love to see a haunted house of this show.

See to me this is the deal breaker house. I watched HoHH twice all the way through desperatly looking for a scary scene or a good story. Glad you enjoy it though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter