HHN30 Rumours (maybe Spoilers?)

tony67

DIS Veteran
So there was discussion on another thread of the rumored houses.
Personally I dont take a lot of stock in these - many of the lists I saw last year were way off.

That being said at least it is something to discuss: https://attractionsmagazine.com/rumor-queue-halloween-horror-nights-30-universal-orlando-houses/

So I (and many others) was really expecting a lot from HHN30 after a few disappointing years - this lineup does not seem all that great to me.
So I see 2 or 3 that show promise, 2 or 3 that I have a mild interest in and quite a few that dont interest me at all.

I dont want to list or reference them directly, but if its within the rules and you want to then do, but if this was the list I may skip HHN30 this year, especially with all that is going on.

What are your thoughts?

One site joked about a Scooby-Doo house on April fools - but looking at this list - Scooby Doo would be better than several of these IMO

So there was discussion on another thread of the rumored houses.
Personally I dont take a lot of stock in these - many of the lists I saw last year were way off.

That being said at least it is something to discuss: https://attractionsmagazine.com/rumor-queue-halloween-horror-nights-30-universal-orlando-houses/

So I (and many others) was really expecting a lot from HHN30 after a few disappointing years - this lineup does not seem all that great to me.
So I see 2 or 3 that show promise, 2 or 3 that I have a mild interest in and quite a few that dont interest me at all.

I dont want to list or reference them directly, but if its within the rules and you want to then do, but if this was the list I may skip HHN30 this year, especially with all that is going on.

What are your thoughts?

I looked at the date it was published......don’t need to read any further lol!!!

I did though and yes Beetlejuice and Gremlins would be all that I’m interested in!!!

Last edited:
Yeah Beetlejuice will be OK - I think it has been rumored for years though - same with Gremlins.
Not sure about a gremlins house though.

Im sure the original houses will be fine.
Hopefully the scare zones will be better than last years, but the success of HHN has ruined them I think.

One things I am really curious about is how will they deal with the conga lines in the houses.
Masks may be a requirement in such close quarters - that has its own security risks IMO.
Without masks its a challenge for security with all the obnoxious drunks causing hassle to the SAs - masks might make it worse

Beetlejuice and Gremlins are promising, but considering I thought Ghostbusters, a franchise I like even more than those two, was disappointing last year.... And everything else is completely uninteresting.

There’s likely no way I’d go this year anyway due to covid, but if this is true, I won’t feel too bad about it.

Ghostbusters house was top of my list last year

I hit all the SA when I went thru it
It did make a big difference on swaying me to say it was great for me

we all experience the houses differently
When they are changing teams, and not all in place, can make or break your experience in the house

When they are changing teams, and not all in place, can make or break your experience in the house
I went through it twice and there were multiple key missing SA both times. It was like that with most houses other than Universal Monsters, which was fantastic every time.

The missing SA really dampened my enjoyment of the event. I did not have this issue with 28.

I know what you mean.
If the SA are not in place, it can be a dull house to go through.

This year will be my 20th
I’ve had years of quite a few houses over the top and had great experiences
And then have had many houses fall way short of my expectations but I still go to hhn each year.

Ghostbusters was up there in my top 4 last year.....we went through it loads of times and were always lucky with SA and timings too which helps.

This year...….well, this may be the first year we won`t buy the Rush of Fear ticket.....we may just go for two or three nights and that`s it......

A couple of the houses look good.....but most of them we wouldn't be interested in no matter how well they`re done. Sabrina....Billie whoever....Gremlins.....Beetlejuice......no.

We LOVE Jack and the whole theme he had around him.....if they recreated 2007 HHN we`d be over the moon....with added scares, but this at the moment for us, just sucks!!!

I went through it twice and there were multiple key missing SA both times. It was like that with most houses other than Universal Monsters, which was fantastic every time.

The missing SA really dampened my enjoyment of the event. I did not have this issue with 28.
Yeah - I did GB at least 7 times - and only had perfect walk through - what a difference it makes

Universal had enough to always be good - but several of the scenes did require luck in trimming - but missing one or two did not spoil the house

We will more than likely skip this year, the current situation continues to change on an almost daily basis, and the announced houses don't look too exciting unless they change the attractions.

Billie Eillish, really?

I think the original houses all look interesting. I'm pretty interested in Beetlejuice, Gremlins, and HoHH. The rumor for Billie Eilish has bounced from a lagoon show, to a scare zone to a house and back again. I think there's a good chance she will have some representation there but who knows in which aspect. Sabrina actually has some really good visuals, and can actually come across as pretty frightening, but most of it is centered around satanism which I thought was a big NO-NO for Orlando...

a few sound good but I really hope Billie Eilish is just the lagoon show and not a house.
Beetlejuice could probably be really good. Don't see both it and Gremlins though. Seems like a very mixed bag to me. Multiple Netflix shows and no real icons seems off to me.
Terra Queen seems a likely icon since she said she would return in 15 years, and could see a house for her, and maybe the same as an anniversary house too. Rather see more callbacks and classics than random stuff for the 30th. for the IP houses. The one that I'm mixed on the most is Haunting of Hill House. I love the show and it had some good imagery but I don't see ti working as a maze either.

I looked at the date it was published......don’t need to read any further lol!!!

I did though and yes Beetlejuice and Gremlins would be all that I’m interested in!!!
Wait, I'm confused lol. The article posted by the OP was published on April 1st, so is this another April Fool's joke about HHN? Because Beetlejuice and Gremlins would be legit for me! Haunting of Hill House would be surprising - its a couple years old now and I haven't even heard rumors of the second season coming soon, unless it will come out this Fall.

Wait, I'm confused lol. The article posted by the OP was published on April 1st, so is this another April Fool's joke about HHN? Because Beetlejuice and Gremlins would be legit for me! Haunting of Hill House would be surprising - its a couple years old now and I haven't even heard rumors of the second season coming soon, unless it will come out this Fall.
The link are the current rumors and not an April Fools Joke, but they are just rumors and it will change a few times until just before everything is announced

Scooby Doo was the one that was an April Fools joke on one site

The Haunting of Bly Manor is supposed to come out in the fall.

Yeah Beetlejuice will be OK - I think it has been rumored for years though - same with Gremlins.
Not sure about a gremlins house though.

Im sure the original houses will be fine.
Hopefully the scare zones will be better than last years, but the success of HHN has ruined them I think.

One things I am really curious about is how will they deal with the conga lines in the houses.
Masks may be a requirement in such close quarters - that has its own security risks IMO.
Without masks its a challenge for security with all the obnoxious drunks causing hassle to the SAs - masks might make it worse
I'm sure I read today that Disney may bring it taking temperature checks before you can enter similar to bag check so if this did happen (and nothing confirmed yet) then Universal may do the same but my thought is how long would this realistically take to do for each guest (obviously I want everyone to be safe and healthy but just not sure it's realistic). At least then you'd have a hopefully good idea as to who was healthy and who wasn't although if you did just have a fever for a non covid related illness, then it would be interesting to see how all this was handled

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter