Hey Disney, While Not Sailing, would you PLEASE...

May be just me...but I'm not going to be woken up by people in the hallways (but that's likely a product of living so close to JFK airport all my life). So no worries there.

And I agree that there should be things for you and your family to do at that early hour also. I only mentioned the Quiet Cove pool/hot tub in my other post, but I absolutely believe the other pools should also be open virtually 24 hours, and they can start showing movies on Funnel Vision 6 or 7am. If on Dream/Fantasy, Midship Detective Agency should be 24 hours (they can lower the volume on the speakers from 10pm-8am).
An early morning swim would for sure be nice! We did that a lot in our recent WDW trip at the resort quiet pool and has the pool to ourselves before 8am.

And there are a few of us who don't find the Pirate menu that bad. Although I liked the one before the current one more.

Never been a huge fan... but there were a few things that I liked well enough about the previous menu. One thing I really missed on our last cruise was the pigeon pea relish that they used to serve with the johnny cake. I suspect that I may be in the minority there. Our servers were always nice about bringing us more. :D

We were on two Dream cruises in 2018 where they replaced it with an extra night of Beauty and the Beast, which was super annoying. It’s a nice show, but two night in a row is a bit much.

I was on my first Disney cruise in April 2018 on the Dream with two nights of Beauty and the Beast and LOVED it. We went both nights and almost skipped dinner to see it a third time.

All that to say: I have the alternate opinion that you do. 🤣

I too wish the pools would be open earlier in the day for everyone and also stay open later. That would stop the crowding in the pools which are really quite small overall. The funnel vision could be on later into the evening. Why does the ice cream shut down so early? IF you have a late dinner, then want a treat, its already closed by that time.
Free popcorn should be a given for what we are paying for the cruise overall.
More tastings.
Pirate night could be changed up...more classic characters involved?
Longer times for the princesses to be out for the kids to see each one and get a picture with--seems like we always miss one or two if we don't rush and save spots in lines.
Let us request paper navigators to be delivered to our rooms so we don't have to guest services to get one. I for one want to get away from my phone.
More time at castaway...get there earlier and perhaps stay a couple hours longer.

I think I agree with most things others have said
  • Updates to Castaway Club
  • Pirate Night menu (we usually use that night for Palo)
  • Update the nightlife activities
    • You always see these promotional videos of Evolution or the Tube full of people on the dance floor. In 11 cruises, never seen it lol
  • Option for paper Navigators (it's much easier to view it on paper IMO, plus I try to leave my phone alone to destress lol)
  • Add the ability during online check-in to do things such as requesting dining alone or a specific dining rotation (although I have a feeling when cruising resumes we'll all be seated with just our parties for a while.)

I agree with some of these as well. Paper Navigators should be available upon request. And I think that they should keep things like ice cream open later. The soda station is open 24 hours, so why cant things like ice cream? I do think that there needs to be more nightlife on the ship. I get that they are a family friendly cruise line but the ship can feel so dead once you hit 11 pm or midnight

Why does the ice cream shut down so early? IF you have a late dinner, then want a treat, its already closed by that time.

Let us request paper navigators to be delivered to our rooms so we don't have to guest services to get one. I for one want to get away from my phone.
Agree about ice cream and late dinner. It should be open at least until midnight.

I dont see the big deal about going to GS to get the Navigator. Although they should always just be out, you should never have to wait in line for them. If they cant do that then you should be able to request it in room.

Agree about ice cream and late dinner. It should be open at least until midnight.

I dont see the big deal about going to GS to get the Navigator. Although they should always just be out, you should never have to wait in line for them. If they cant do that then you should be able to request it in room.
I noticed on our last cruise they are behind the counter the night before and out the day of, so I switched from getting it the night before ti making a detour on the way to breakfast to grab one.

As someone who started cruising with Disney in 2018, I will never understand why people are so intense about the paper navigators. On my first cruise or two they would still deliver them to the staterooms and I couldn't figure out why. I never looked at them or used them. I found the layout to be cluttered and unattractive. They just ended up in the recycling bin. I'm glad they stopped delivering them.

It never ceases to amaze me that people are still frustrated by this but I guess you can chock it up to old habits dying hard? I enjoy the app for the most part. Would I love if they'd fix certain things like the messaging, etc but its really not that bad. Plus I always have my phone with me for pictures and stuff so its not an inconvenience to carry around.

As someone who started cruising with Disney in 2018, I will never understand why people are so intense about the paper navigators. On my first cruise or two they would still deliver them to the staterooms and I couldn't figure out why. I never looked at them or used them. I found the layout to be cluttered and unattractive. They just ended up in the recycling bin. I'm glad they stopped delivering them.

It never ceases to amaze me that people are still frustrated by this but I guess you can chock it up to old habits dying hard? I enjoy the app for the most part. Would I love if they'd fix certain things like the messaging, etc but its really not that bad. Plus I always have my phone with me for pictures and stuff so its not an inconvenience to carry around.
Maybe its just habit for me but there is something about marking those Navigators with color coordinated highlighters so we can see who wants to do what at a quick glance.

I do like having the app as well and to be honest Ive noticed things both on the app and the paper that I didnt notice on the other.

I find the paper navigators much more simple to plot out a schedule with for our family of 5. The app is good if I am trying to do something spur if moment but I rarely get the chance to do that because I have to look over the day and figure out when there is an activity I want to do that overlaps with an activity my kids want in the kids club or else they’ll get bored at the kids club and call me to pick them up. Or plan to swim at a time when they can see the movie they want on funnel vision but we won’t miss out on an activity someone wants. It is easier to visualize when I can see the whole day laid out on one page rather than scrolling hour by hour and trying to remember everything I scrolled past before

I find the paper navigators much more simple to plot out a schedule with for our family of 5. The app is good if I am trying to do something spur if moment but I rarely get the chance to do that because I have to look over the day and figure out when there is an activity I want to do that overlaps with an activity my kids want in the kids club or else they’ll get bored at the kids club and call me to pick them up. Or plan to swim at a time when they can see the movie they want on funnel vision but we won’t miss out on an activity someone wants. It is easier to visualize when I can see the whole day laid out on one page rather than scrolling hour by hour and trying to remember everything I scrolled past before

All of this makes perfect sense. Each person has their own comfort level and planning style which I totally respect.

My big thing is, I feel like a lot of the more seasoned cruisers with DCL are super intense about it and "want them back" where as newer cruisers like myself don't miss that they are gone. I am very happy that they still make them and offer them at guest services for the people who use them. I think that is a much more sustainable practice than printing one out for each stateroom every single night.

All of this makes perfect sense. Each person has their own comfort level and planning style which I totally respect.

My big thing is, I feel like a lot of the more seasoned cruisers with DCL are super intense about it and "want them back" where as newer cruisers like myself don't miss that they are gone. I am very happy that they still make them and offer them at guest services for the people who use them. I think that is a much more sustainable practice than printing one out for each stateroom every single night.
Well true. Also I agree that guest service is a perfectly adequate option for getting them--it's not really that far away from anywhere on the ship. Another option could be to allow people to opt-in to paper navigators/opt out of paperless when they fill in their online check-in, like we do with our bank statements because we prefer paper.

One of the best things about cruising for me is being able to turn off my phone and put it in the safe. It comes out of the safe on the last AM when I am getting ready to leave the boat. So although I have seen the APP and think APPs are helpful I am old school when cruising and prefer my paper navigator and do not want to even look at my phone while on vacation.

Since the change (which is a good thing to save paper) we just ask our room attendant on the 1st day that we would like the paper navigator each day and has always been sitting there after turn down each night.

It just feels like a time-honored cruise tradition to go over the next day's activities in the paper Navigator (or whatever each cruise line calls their version) before going to bed. Yes, you can do the same on the app, but I also prefer the layout of the paper version. The app is very useful for other things - particularly looking up the dinner menus for the duration of the cruise. Hopefully they are using this time to improve the chat/messaging notifications on the app.

I'd like to see an on screen (TV and/or app) list of everything available for the day, and then a select button, which would put it on a "to do" list for you. Then, if you want, a place it could be printed off, so it could be posted in your room (for quick review by any family member). I'd also like to see a "set reminder" attached to each item, so a person could get a text just before their thing is about to start, maybe 10 minutes before.

One of the best things about cruising for me is being able to turn off my phone and put it in the safe. It comes out of the safe on the last AM when I am getting ready to leave the boat. So although I have seen the APP and think APPs are helpful I am old school when cruising and prefer my paper navigator and do not want to even look at my phone while on vacation.

Since the change (which is a good thing to save paper) we just ask our room attendant on the 1st day that we would like the paper navigator each day and has always been sitting there after turn down each night.
We were told no when we asked our steward for him to bring them, although he was a pretty bad steward all around. But be aware that some wont under the current options.

I'd like to see an on screen (TV and/or app) list of everything available for the day, and then a select button, which would put it on a "to do" list for you. Then, if you want, a place it could be printed off, so it could be posted in your room (for quick review by any family member). I'd also like to see a "set reminder" attached to each item, so a person could get a text just before their thing is about to start, maybe 10 minutes before.
They do have reminders via the app (not the same as you are saying but for those that dont know).

I've been cruising since 1980 and had a cell phone since 1990. I'm on vacation, getting away from cell phones and devices. The best part of a cruise, you don't need anything but your key card when you leave your stateroom to do things on the ship. No watch, no wallet, no cell phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter