Hey Disney, While Not Sailing, would you PLEASE...

I also like to get away from phone on holiday and my parents are better with paper than apps lol.

I also miss the midnight chocolate/dessert buffet at Lumieres and Tritons.....chocolate covered strawberries yum!

Bring back the the individual H2O products instead of the refillable bottles. Come to think of it with this Covid19 maybe they will go back to them out of necessity.
Alas, at WDW, they just put a piece of plastic on the dispenser in the shower to indicate it had been sanitized. Not holding my breath for a change on the cruise ship.

We were told no when we asked our steward for him to bring them, although he was a pretty bad steward all around. But be aware that some wont under the current options.

I've heard mixed reviews on this from people. Seems like some of the Stewards will and some won't. We were able to go on a cruise right before everything closed down and our Steward asked if we wanted them in the room and I said no, but appreciated the offer.

I've been cruising since 1980 and had a cell phone since 1990. I'm on vacation, getting away from cell phones and devices. The best part of a cruise, you don't need anything but your key card when you leave your stateroom to do things on the ship. No watch, no wallet, no cell phone.

I always have my phone with me for pictures and what not. I can understand where some wouldn't want to carry it around. I guess it just goes back to personal preference. I do have the push notifications turned on for my phone/apple watch so that I can be notified of things that I have shown interest in on the app. It has saved me from missing dinner/beverage tastings several times.

Echoing what others have said, and what Pete & Co. said on a podcast a few months back: revamp Castaway Club where you can reach status based on number of cruises or number of nights.

It has always seemed silly (to me, anyway) that someone who has spent (and paid for) 28 days on two Transatlantic or Panama Canal cruises wouldn't even be halfway to Gold when somebody who spent the almost the same number of days sailing via nine 3-day Dream cruises is almost a Platinum.

It never ceases to amaze me that people are still frustrated by this but I guess you can chock it up to old habits dying hard?
My daughter doesn’t have a device, but she’s old enough now to read the schedules and figure out what she’d like to do during the day. Without the paper version, she wouldn’t really have a way to look at the options available at a given time.

Add Disney+ as an option on the cabin televisions. I'd love to have access to that catalog on the ship.

That catalog is massive. I'm no expert in this area, but I'm thinking reliable HD streaming via satellite wifi for 1,200 staterooms would be problematic, as would storing all that media locally on the ship for on-demand viewing.

Get a better recipe for Lobster Bisque. We had an amazing Lobster Bisque at Fishlips before our cruise. On the cruise, it was pathetic in comparison.
I agree. We had the lobster bisque on the Fantasy. Our server tried to talk us out of it. It was thin and fishy

Echoing what others have said, and what Pete & Co. said on a podcast a few months back: revamp Castaway Club where you can reach status based on number of cruises or number of nights.

It has always seemed silly (to me, anyway) that someone who has spent (and paid for) 28 days on two Transatlantic or Panama Canal cruises wouldn't even be halfway to Gold when somebody who spent the almost the same number of days sailing via nine 3-day Dream cruises is almost a Platinum.
Although the person who did the 9 3-day cruises likely spent a lot more than the transatlantic/panama cruiser since the shorter cruises have a higher per day cost. Either way, the castaway club benefits are pretty small so wouldn’t stress about it. The real benefit to repeat cruising is being on the ship again. *sigh* miss disney cruises so much.

What I really hope they do when they bring back cruises is offer a discount that is not just florida, canada, military or restricted fare (I like to be able to pick my room). With the anticipated restrictions paying full price would be disappointing.

Although the person who did the 9 3-day cruises likely spent a lot more than the transatlantic/panama cruiser since the shorter cruises have a higher per day cost. Either way, the castaway club benefits are pretty small so wouldn’t stress about it. The real benefit to repeat cruising is being on the ship again. *sigh* miss disney cruises so much.

What I really hope they do when they bring back cruises is offer a discount that is not just florida, canada, military or restricted fare (I like to be able to pick my room). With the anticipated restrictions paying full price would be disappointing.

I suppose I could counter that argument with a super-pricey 7-day Alaskan cruise vs. a Dream 3-day+4-day BTB milk run. The latter is cheaper and you'd get to Platinum twice as fast.

And I guess that's why I advocated the idea of being able to hit status tiers based on either # of nights or # of sailings. Or even a third way based on dollars spent on fares. The current system just seems gamed toward people who live near PC and have the calendar flexibility to take a bunch of short cruises.

That said, you make a very good point about the benefits - I should have added a Part 2 to my post entitled "Make CC status worth achieving in the first place."

Last edited:
I agree. We had the lobster bisque on the Fantasy. Our server tried to talk us out of it. It was thin and fishy

I have never had a DCL server steer me wrong. Most of them insist on bringing it to you anyway to let you know why they said not to get it. The other one with lobster that is no bueno is the Lobster Pasta on the Royal Palace/Court/Lumiere's menu that is pasta with sauce and a dusting of lobster.

I am all for a refresh of the menu's as has been mentioned on here. After only 5 cruises, I already know what I want each night without looking at the menu. As long as they don't get rid of the Enchanted Garden Sea Bass I'll be good.

That said, you make a very good point about the benefits - I should have added a Part 2 to my post entitled "Make CC status worth achieving in the first place."

When they first created CC tiers, they also varied the OBC you'd receive with onboard booking, based on your tier at the time of sailing on the future cruise. IIRC, for 7 nt cruises silver got $200 OBC, gold got $250, and platinum got $350. We reached platinum just in time for our Alaskan cruise in 2012. Our kids were early teens then and it was the first time we got 2 cabins; it was getting cramped to have 4 adult sized people in one room sharing one bathroom. Anyway, our DCL OBC was $700 ($350/cabin) plus our TA gives $200/cabin OBC for a 7-night sailing so we had a total of $1100 in OBC.
Swwweeeeet! and probably why it's gone now. :sad1:

They probably won't bring the OBC back, whether flat dollar amount or tiered, but it would be nice to get some perk that we'd find useful like 1 free bag of laudry service per cruise. I do really appreciate the free Palo dining for Platinum. That is dh's favorite. Last Sept we sailed with our now adult children, probably for the last time, and it was really nice to finally take them to Palo. Ds20 was only 6 at our first Disney cruise. :goodvibes

When they first created CC tiers, they also varied the OBC you'd receive with onboard booking, based on your tier at the time of sailing on the future cruise. IIRC, for 7 nt cruises silver got $200 OBC, gold got $250, and platinum got $350. We reached platinum just in time for our Alaskan cruise in 2012. Our kids were early teens then and it was the first time we got 2 cabins; it was getting cramped to have 4 adult sized people in one room sharing one bathroom. Anyway, our DCL OBC was $700 ($350/cabin) plus our TA gives $200/cabin OBC for a 7-night sailing so we had a total of $1100 in OBC.
Swwweeeeet! and probably why it's gone now. :sad1:

They probably won't bring the OBC back, whether flat dollar amount or tiered, but it would be nice to get some perk that we'd find useful like 1 free bag of laudry service per cruise. I do really appreciate the free Palo dining for Platinum. That is dh's favorite. Last Sept we sailed with our now adult children, probably for the last time, and it was really nice to finally take them to Palo. Ds20 was only 6 at our first Disney cruise. :goodvibes

I'll be interested in seeig what kind of demand there is once they are allowed to sail again. If it's anything like the parks (i.e., not what WDW was hoping for), perhaps we'll see some perks come back? Maybe even KSF?

I'll be interested in seeig what kind of demand there is once they are allowed to sail again. If it's anything like the parks (i.e., not what WDW was hoping for), perhaps we'll see some perks come back? Maybe even KSF?

I would imagine demand would be INCREDIBLY low. Cruising was always that industry that kind of turned people off and now with COVID, that reputation has been hurt. Obviously, DCL is that cruise line that is mostly attracted to more of a niche market, its not a cruise line like others. I do not have a crystal ball, none of us do. But I would imagine that the great majority of cruisers when ops resume are FL residents/CC members and I would bet that most of those CC members they will need to rely on are ones who also live in FL. I have no idea when domestic quarantines, international travel bans, etc. will end but I would imagine that not many people would be traveling out of state, especially ones who have to fly. Many people would probably avoid any cruise line, staying in hotels, flying on an airplane, etc. Although thats my guess.

If demand really is that low. I for sure would not mind one bit. I would love to have that ship as empty as can be. And, I am sure it would only improve DCL's already stellar level of service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter