Hey Disney, While Not Sailing, would you PLEASE...

Maybe even KSF?
The worst DCL cruise we've done was the one KSF cruise we were on. It was a madhouse with kids everywhere, making messes at the ice cream bar & drink station, running up and down the aisles during WDT performances, running foot races in the stateroom passageways at all hours.

Me, personally, I hope they don't bring them back.

The worst DCL cruise we've done was the one KSF cruise we were on. It was a madhouse with kids everywhere, making messes at the ice cream bar & drink station, running up and down the aisles during WDT performances, running foot races in the stateroom passageways at all hours.

KSF stands for Kids Sail Free right?

Also: That sounds absolutely terrible and very much out of the normal for DCL cruises. The children are not always well behaved but that sounds even more over the top than usual. Hopefully they learned their lesson from the first time around.

I'll be interested in seeig what kind of demand there is once they are allowed to sail again. If it's anything like the parks (i.e., not what WDW was hoping for), perhaps we'll see some perks come back? Maybe even KSF?
I can’t imagine them ever doing KSF again. I wouldn’t be sad if they brought back the old placeholder OBC benefit though.

KSF stands for Kids Sail Free right?

Also: That sounds absolutely terrible and very much out of the normal for DCL cruises. The children are not always well behaved but that sounds even more over the top than usual. Hopefully they learned their lesson from the first time around.

"More kids" sounds out of the normal for a Disney cruise? I don't think they stopped KSF because there were too many kids; I think they stopped it because they no longer needed the promotion to fill up the ships.

I can’t imagine them ever doing KSF again. I wouldn’t be sad if they brought back the old placeholder OBC benefit though.

If memory serves, they actually did bring back KSF briefly a few years ago (maybe 2014?), kind of out of nowhere. I remember being amazed at the time that they were offering it, as it seemed they weren't having trouble getting bookings, but perhaps there was something going on that I'm forgetting.

How about magic bands, and or an updated point of sale system? It’s silly that you have to sign a paper receipt at the pool still.

Magicbands would be neat, but they would need to update every single door on all the ships, and not sure it would be worth it do so

How about magic bands, and or an updated point of sale system? It’s silly that you have to sign a paper receipt at the pool still.

I like that idea, but since the parks are trying to phase out MBs (or at least, free MBs) in favor of using your smartphone, I wonder if DCL will skip MBs and just go straight to smartphones as well.

I like that idea, but since the parks are trying to phase out MBs (or at least, free MBs) in favor of using your smartphone, I wonder if DCL will skip MBs and just go straight to smartphones as well.

I agree. With Disney, they ALWAYS have to release new merch, new colors of spirit jersey, new loungefly, new premium magic bands, etc. If they were to ever do the magic bands it would be you would have to pay 30 bucks for one, but a cruise magic band design would be neat.

Although I mentioned above, they would have to redo every single door on all of the ships and I'm not sure thats worth the investment

Although the person who did the 9 3-day cruises likely spent a lot more than the transatlantic/panama cruiser since the shorter cruises have a higher per day cost.
Very good point. Have never seen that mentioned and don’t think most consider that point of view.

How many family members have a good working phone? Either because of poor service plan or garbage phone? Yeah, very few. I just hated the Royal Caribbean “use your own phone” plan, my my mother was a nightmare, my father has a flip phone, daughter had a iPhone 5, and I had a iPhone Xs. Maybe Royal just has garbage and Disney would do it better but what a disaster. Not updated, wouldn’t come up most likely because of our own phone problems but who can afford new phones for the family just to communicate? Hey if I get free stuff because it didn’t charge my account, I guess that’s not so bad!
Ugh, I get I need to bring a swimsuit for the pool, but require that each of us have a smart phone is harder for people with limited service plans.
PS. Not a comment on you of course, just my troubles with Technology.

How many family members have a good working phone? Either because of poor service plan or garbage phone? Yeah, very few. I just hated the Royal Caribbean “use your own phone” plan, my my mother was a nightmare, my father has a flip phone, daughter had a iPhone 5, and I had a iPhone Xs. Maybe Royal just has garbage and Disney would do it better but what a disaster. Not updated, wouldn’t come up most likely because of our own phone problems but who can afford new phones for the family just to communicate? Hey if I get free stuff because it didn’t charge my account, I guess that’s not so bad!
Ugh, I get I need to bring a swimsuit for the pool, but require that each of us have a smart phone is harder for people with limited service plans.
PS. Not a comment on you of course, just my troubles with Technology.

I confess that I thought from the beginning that all of those free MBs and the swank Incredibles packaging were too good to last for long. My guess is that for ppl who don't have phones with NFC, Disney will still provide RFID-enabled cards.

That sounds like every DCL cruise I've been on.

Do not get the lobster bisque...it was the worst!
Disappointed to hear that. But we cruised Disney in 2003 and a lot can change in that time. My son was 16 and he is 33 now and still raves at how good the Lobster Bisque was.

I agree...everything is probably going to end up on the app

Has anyone requesting better and cheaper wifi? Also, maybe packages that are usable, not sucked up in 30 seconds because you couldn't sign off, since you lost your signal?

Has anyone requesting better and cheaper wifi? Also, maybe packages that are usable, not sucked up in 30 seconds because you couldn't sign off, since you lost your signal?

This!

Some of us can't afford to stay disconnected due to work and running your own business. I would love to be able to sign up for unlimited WiFi, even for a steeper price tag. That would allow me to be able to go on more cruises.

"More kids" sounds out of the normal for a Disney cruise? I don't think they stopped KSF because there were too many kids; I think they stopped it because they no longer needed the promotion to fill up the ships.

My statement was not in reference to the amount of children, but to the behavior of the children on board.

We tend to choose itineraries that will have less kids when we sail, avoiding spring and summer breaks, etc. Usually we do repositioning cruises because we find that there are a lot less kids on those.

My statement was not in reference to the amount of children, but to the behavior of the children on board.

I don't think that KSF brings a disproportionate amount of poorly-behaved kids onto the ship. There are just more kids, period.

I don't think that KSF brings a disproportionate amount of poorly-behaved kids onto the ship. There are just more kids, period.

I can understand your opinion, however with financial savings comes a different kind of travelers on the ship (AKA: People that may not have been able to afford Disney previously now can) so you may get some overflow from Carnival/Royal/etc. that don't have the same level of behavior expectations for their children that a traditional cruiser would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!