Odds are that in a theme park full of thousands of people someone is going to have a cold or blow their nose and they may even have to use a restroom too.

Masks are required at all times while indoors, including restrooms. There are signs posted outside of every single bathroom stating this. The point once again is to make people aware that the rules are not being followed by a high percentage of people. And you forgot to include Covid in your post.

My mistake. I was under the impression that people were using this thread to gauge safety at WDW right now and to aid in planning their trips. That's what I used it for at least. And if Covid or any illness that requires you to miss work or a loved ones party, etc is considered a "personal health issue" that doesn't affect many more people than one individual then well... not surprised honestly. We are where we are in this country because of this kind of attitude.

Take care all. Done with this thread.

Just got back to the room after a good day at Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth and did the single rider line at Test Track, in which we waited about 10 minutes. It was a very crowded day but we had a good time. I wanted to stay and watch Epcot forever but I’m uncomfortably full.

Diet starts Monday!

Oh and I agree that the cast members were in perfect form. I had some great interactions with them. Wish the same could be said for some other guests...

There were two times in particular that kind of irked me. 1) Our second ride on MMRR we were seated with two men who had gotten on first. I think at first they'd thought they would have it to themselves and spread their legs out, but even once we got on with them, they still kept their legs spread. My leg was pressed against the side of the safety bar and my friend was pressed into my other side. I could have seriously done without the man-spreading. It felt super inconsiderate. 2) For Philharmagic, the cast member was telling everyone to move to the end of the row before sitting. The family we followed in sat down right in the middle forcing us to squeeze past them because they refused to budge even in spite of the announcement, and there were like 6-8 of them.

I know you have people like that everywhere and they were isolated incidents so it didn't ruin my trip, but I don't remember encountering anything like that on previous trips. I guess I just lucked out before? But yeah, it was a bit annoying when it did happen.
I would say you have been lucky. I have seen things like this & worse on pretty much every trip. There also have been countless threads in the past on bad behavior like this at wdw.

When HS is getting close to closing time, do they shut off the line for ROTR beforehand or do they let you get line right at closing time? How have the times been at the end of the night?

Just got back to the room after a good day at Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth and did the single rider line at Test Track, in which we waited about 10 minutes. It was a very crowded day but we had a good time. I wanted to stay and watch Epcot forever but I’m uncomfortably full.

Diet starts Monday!

what did you eat!

I dunno why when I’m at Disney I legit don’t eat until diner I’m just not hungry like that my other half eats breakfast lunch and diner and snacks lol I just don’t have a huge appetite I guess!

When HS is getting close to closing time, do they shut off the line for ROTR beforehand or do they let you get line right at closing time? How have the times been at the end of the night?
With the standby line being reasonable the first 3 days and no reports of the line closing early, I anticipate it’s (currently) like any other Disney ride and you can get in line until 1 min before closing. This may change in the future but I believe it’s what’s happening now.

what did you eat!

I dunno why when I’m at Disney I legit don’t eat until diner I’m just not hungry like that my other half eats breakfast lunch and diner and snacks lol I just don’t have a huge appetite I guess!

We tried as many items from the Food and Wine booths as we could. Aside from maybe 2 or 3, everything was very good this year.

We did try the Lamb at Australia on your recommendation. It was great!

I forgot to mention that there were a lot of drunk 20 somethings. When I’ve done F&W previously it’s always during the week. The weekend must bring out the local college crowd. No one was disruptive, but it was noticeable.

There were two times in particular that kind of irked me. 1) Our second ride on MMRR we were seated with two men who had gotten on first. I think at first they'd thought they would have it to themselves and spread their legs out, but even once we got on with them, they still kept their legs spread. My leg was pressed against the side of the safety bar and my friend was pressed into my other side. I could have seriously done without the man-spreading. It felt super inconsiderate. 2) For Philharmagic, the cast member was telling everyone to move to the end of the row before sitting. The family we followed in sat down right in the middle forcing us to squeeze past them because they refused to budge even in spite of the announcement, and there were like 6-8 of them.
1) you can say to the CM, "I will wait for the next car".
2) just sit down and if the CM needs more seating they will come over to your row and ask people to move down the row.

You can't control what other people are doing in the parks so have a Plan B for things that worry you and don't be afraid to be assertive. I know that the CMs can speak in a forceful, crowd control way, but I'm not doing something I don't want to do. Sitting next to people where there isn't enough room and climbing over people in a row are things that I have done in the past but refuse to do now.

Masks are required at all times while indoors, including restrooms. There are signs posted outside of every single bathroom stating this. The point once again is to make people aware that the rules are not being followed by a high percentage of people. And you forgot to include Covid in your post.
And people still can have colds and cough through a mask in a restroom. The point is that no one is going to be safe from any virus in a theme park packed with thousands of people.

I forgot to mention that there were a lot of drunk 20 somethings. When I’ve done F&W previously it’s always during the week. The weekend must bring out the local college crowd. No one was disruptive, but it was noticeable.
Yes, that’s a weekend thing. A couple years ago my Dad almost had a drunk bride to be dropped on him in his ECV when her bridal party lifted her up and started precariously parading her around a jam packed area. Never again does he want to go on a weekend night!

I hit AK around 7:35 today. Staying at Swan. They’ve started EE today so if you aren’t staying on-site/at partner hotels effective today forget rope drop. Off-sites were being held back until opening. They tried scanning my swan room key but that didn’t work, I had MDE up showing my res and the CM glimpsed at that after the room key didn’t scan and let me in no issues. I probably should have had my AP out to scan as that is linked to MDE?…

I liked the EE benefit actually, would like it more if it was a whole hour but it is what it is. Spreading it out to all parks made it feel like an actual benefit today vs in the past where I’ve avoided it because it just seemed to cause a huge mass of crowds.

With Resort Guest early entry beginning today… I’m looking for any DPs on how people at Swolphin are being “authenticated” for early entry. Is it via MB, via a hotel key card… either? Something else? 😂

If anybody is there and staying at Swolphin please report back if you have a chance 😊

Also posted in the official Swolphin thread here on the DIS as well.

With Resort Guest early entry beginning today… I’m looking for any DPs on how people at Swolphin are being “authenticated” for early entry. Is it via MB, via a hotel key card… either? Something else? 😂

If anybody is there and staying at Swolphin please report back if you have a chance 😊

Also posted in the official Swolphin thread here on the DIS as well.
#GREATMINDS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter