confirming. Don't expect social distancing. It's currently very rare. I saw a recent photo of Sanaa with distanced tables. Nowhere that I actually went had distanced tables, and there was no distancing in attraction or transportation queues at all. Buses are being filled, and you may still end up sharing a gondola on Skyliner - if it's not busy, ask for your own gondola if you like.

They are distancing performing cast who do not wear masks whether indoors or out. You can greet princesses at Epcot, but only from a distance. Had a short conversation with Aurora while getting her picture.

Last edited:

Multiple people recommended I follow up with this via email and submit. As a FYI, I received the following response. It was received promptly and seems clear that my feedback was received.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

I would like to apologize for the disappointing experience you had with several of our Cast Members during your recent visit.

Please know, the safety of our Guests and Cast Members is always our number one priority. To ensure our Guests have the best possible experiences on our Attractions, from time to time an attraction may undergo an unscheduled downtime. While is is important for our Cast Members to ensure our Guests are following instructions during these downtimes, our hosts and hostesses are always expected to maintain the high level of service for which we are known. This is true of any interaction our Cast Members have with our Guests and I am sorry that your experience did not reflect this.

While I understand that this was not the experience you remembered or had hoped for, I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is clear that you care deeply about the Disney Brand we appreciate that you have shared your honest feedback with us. As we continue to navigate these ever-changing times, we truly appreciate all of the comments and feedback our Guests share with us.

John, we look forward to many future opportunities to entertain you.

While I can't say I am excitedly planning my next trip, I am hopeful that the bitter taste will fade over time and only the happy memories will remain.

Last edited:
Today was our first park day. Kicked it off with rope drop at HS and then headed over to Epcot late afternoon. We decided to let everyone rush to ROTR and we would hit other big rides. Walked on TOT and RNR right away. Then we headed over to MMRR. This was our first time on that ride. Loved it. The imagineering behind that ride was very cool. Rode Slinky Dog Dash next. Grabbed some Ronto Roasters for lunch and then tried our luck with ROTR. The wait board said it was a 95 minute wait. Touring Plans said it was 60. It ended up being 60. But right as we got onto our color, the ride went down. They let us hang out in the Star Destroyer hallway until it came back up. So got some cool pics and saw some cool CM interactions with other guests. Next we hit Star Tours and grab some snacks next door. I went and got my AP while the rest of the group went and got on Smugglers Run. I would say It never seemed really crowded. Manageable walkways and always found tables or benches to sit. Masking indoors was good. There was always one family on each ride that thought they could have it down under their nose in line. But felt like compliance was very good.

After that we went over to Epcot. Mistake there to go on a Friday evening during Food and Wine. World Showcase felt very much more crowded, and loud. The back corner by International Gateway seemed to be the most crowded. After grabbing some fish n chips we headed over to the other side where it felt a little less congested. Future World never felt crowded at all. So we hung out there mostly and got on Soarin’ with only a 10 min wait. Rode Spaceship Earth twice and part of the crew got on Nemo. Epcot just doesn’t have that thrill right now with those construction walls up in Future World. It really does kill that vibe of that area of the park.

I would say so far haven‘t too concerned or worried about lack of ability to space out when needed or people following the mask rules. The area at Epcot has been the on,y time where things started to get a little too crowded. Haven’t ran into anyone coughing up a lung in line or appear to be sick, have allergies, etc.. Only issue I have seen with kids so far is the traditional tired meltdowns in line.

Ok just got done with a 7 night Disney and universal trip and now have 3 days to relax at the resort….when I tell you we did everything we did everything WITH a one year old so it’s possible!

- WEAR SNEAKERS I wore flip flops and my feet are dead

- September is ungodly hot…l assumed like in New York it might cool off a bit, nope!

- no social distancing so if that’s a concern to you then not for you at all. I work around people all day and night and never worked from home so it didn’t bother me.

now to relax by the pool and give my feet a rest…

Here now spending a Food and Wine weekend with my oldest daughter. We arrived at 6 last night after spending 3 miserable hours on I4 on a trip that normally takes an hour and a half. We unloaded our suitcases at the Boardwalk Villas and walked over to Epcot for some food. I was surprised how crowded it was. Walked back to Boardwalk for ice cream. It’s really missing the nighttime entertainment.

We are going back to Epcot today for some more food. I want to rope drop Frozen but my 17 year old daughter thinks I’m lame... We shall see.

Here now spending a Food and Wine weekend with my oldest daughter. We arrived at 6 last night after spending 3 miserable hours on I4 on a trip that normally takes an hour and a half. We unloaded our suitcases at the Boardwalk Villas and walked over to Epcot for some food. I was surprised how crowded it was. Walked back to Boardwalk for ice cream. It’s really missing the nighttime entertainment.

We are going back to Epcot today for some more food. I want to rope drop Frozen but my 17 year old daughter thinks I’m lame... We shall see.

Epcot was PACKED at fireworks time I went two days in a row to see Epcot forever as it was awesome and both nights oceans of people.

also try the lamb chop from Australia!

Wow, Magic Kingdom is way more crowded than the 1 it shows on Touring Plans. The park is pretty packed. Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Peter Pan are all down right now making the other rides longer than normal waits. There are even long waits for the vending carts. But what can you do other than push through and have fun!

I've already posted a few observations the past couple of pages, but I had a couple more to add: (our trip was 9/19-9/23)
Both DH and I remarked that the standby lines were much better without FP+ - when we went in the past, we were in line 45 minutes for TT and during that entire time only 7 people were allowed in. When the fp line would almost empty, they would allow a couple of standby to get on, then there would be a whole batch of new fp holders show up. The only way we advanced is that others in line gave up and left. No exaggeration. After 45 minutes we gave up and did single rider. Interested to see how the new system will work with standby.

We use the Lines app, and it will give you a more accurate wait time, as well as advise you to wait and ride later or ride now. That helps a lot.

Rope drop and later evenings are definitely worth it. Even if everything isn't a walk on, a 10 or 15 minute wait ensures you will get a lot done. Mid days are HOT, crowded, and busy. Get there early, break, then come back. Lots of crying, overtired kids. A couple of times I felt so badly for the kids; they were beyond their limit and so utterly miserable.

Knowing some of the rides helps as well. There are some rides or attractions, where you can rest or cool down. People mover, Carousel of progress, Hall of Presidents, at MK, One Man's Dream, Muppet Vision, Beauty and the beast, at DHS, Imagination/Figment, Spaceship earth, the attractions and films in certain countries in the WS at EP, Tough to be a Bug, Lion King, Feathered friends in flight at AK, to name a few, are great ways to cool down and rest. I remember my son sleeping in his stroller during the American Adventure. When families get tired and hot, no one's having a good time, and you're not going to make it through a whole day without rest, especially in crowds and heat. LOL, one of the best things I did at DHS was watch One Man's Dream, because I was so refreshed when I came out.

***Our family is very conscious about germs. We try to distance as much as we can in lines, we wear masks inside and often outside in crowded areas, we use sanitizer every time we see some, we also carry with us hand wipes, disinfectant wipes, etc. We try our best to avoid crowded spaces and don't touch anything that isn't necessary. Use a new mask daily, never reuse one from the day before. Despite this, we have come back sick (sinus, headache, scratchy throat), and are being tested Monday. We are also vaccinated; if you have serious health issues, please think long and hard about this trip. My mother in law turns 90 on Tuesday, and we will not be able to celebrate with her. ***

Epcot was PACKED at fireworks time I went two days in a row to see Epcot forever as it was awesome and both nights oceans of people.

also try the lamb chop from Australia!
And these are the reports I’m here for. I was wondering if I should cancel my R&C for my EP Forever night, obviously not! (I don’t do crowds)

Wow, Magic Kingdom is way more crowded than the 1 it shows on Touring Plans. The park is pretty packed. Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Peter Pan are all down right now making the other rides longer than normal waits. There are even long waits for the vending carts. But what can you do other than push through and have fun!
The down ride problem is no joke. TT went down while I was in line a couple days back but they got it running within 20 mins. Yesterday Slinky was down at rope drop, I skipped it and went to TSMM which went down for 15-20 mins after first round of guests boarded. MMRR went down last night. And then MK today when I tried to rope drop PP 🤦🏻‍♀️

Disney is having the worst luck ever or they’re cutting maintenance corners.

ETA: And whoever thought today would be a Crowd Level 1 needs a new job. This was back to normal weekend crowds Imho. I sought quiet in my Skippers lunch ADR then left. Very happy I “rope dropped” (CRT 8:20 ADR, done before 9. Beautiful time to do CRT! So quiet and easy to get pics since other tables aren’t seated yet) and got a few things done in the morning.

Last edited:
The down ride problem is no joke. TT went down while I was in line a couple days back but they got it running within 20 mins. Yesterday Slinky was down at rope drop, I skipped it and went to TSMM which went down for 15-20 mins after first round of guests boarded. MMRR went down last night. And then MK today when I tried to rope drop PP 🤦🏻‍♀️

Disney is having the worst luck ever or they’re cutting maintenance corners.

HM was down during the Boo Bash on Friday night and PP was down today!

I am seeing that the issue at MK with the long vending cart lines is a result of hardly any food carts open and also a handful of the normal quick service places. So if you can find a cart or quick service place actually open, it’s going to have a line. This is something we didn’t encounter at any of the other parks so far. It really does seem that way more stuff is closed at MK than the other parks. Disney really needs some staff and quick. Can’t imagine what’s going to happen if still short staffed around Christmas time.

And these are the reports I’m here for. I was wondering if I should cancel my R&C for my EP Forever night, obviously not! (I don’t do crowds)
If anyone doesn't have a reservation and is looking to socially distance, all the benches towards the back of Port of Entry were empty when we went on 9/21. I was initially in the crowds that lined the water and walkways, but once they told everyone to stand, I looked for a place to sit. I was surprised not a single person was sitting on the benches, even though the view of the fireworks was just as good. It was really relaxing back there!

… Can’t imagine what’s going to happen if still short staffed around Christmas time.
Longer lines and more angry people 😱

Disney is gonna have to step up their hiring game or cutback on park attendance. Having their cake and eating it too is gonna bite them in the behind if services aren’t there but holiday level crowds are. Heck, they better step it up by 10/1 considering the expected crowds.

I am seeing that the issue at MK with the long vending cart lines is a result of hardly any food carts open and also a handful of the normal quick service places. So if you can find a cart or quick service place actually open, it’s going to have a line. This is something we didn’t encounter at any of the other parks so far. It really does seem that way more stuff is closed at MK than the other parks. Disney really needs some staff and quick. Can’t imagine what’s going to happen if still short staffed around Christmas time.
They will do this until they can’t any longer. Until people stop going and paying for this level of experience, it will continue. They don’t care about guest satisfaction like they used to. They do care about increasing profitability.

Very sorry. Hopefully they come back. I just got back and the poor condition of things stood out for me. I actually had never had more than 1 breakdown per trip. This time I was only there 24 hours and had 4 breakdowns including my first evacuation. That also doesn't include little things like I had to call to change a dining reservation because mobile app buggged out. The monorail herked, jerked and often felt like it was on last leg. These events completely suck the magic out of experience. I mean I do really like 7DMT for being a fun, small coaster, but when you get near the end for 15 minutes, all the adrenaline and excitement is gone by the time you get off. What do you remember of that ride? ..Oh yeah, that is the one that broke down and we got stuck on.

***Our family is very conscious about germs. We try to distance as much as we can in lines, we wear masks inside and often outside in crowded areas, we use sanitizer every time we see some, we also carry with us hand wipes, disinfectant wipes, etc. We try our best to avoid crowded spaces and don't touch anything that isn't necessary. Use a new mask daily, never reuse one from the day before. Despite this, we have come back sick (sinus, headache, scratchy throat), and are being tested Monday. We are also vaccinated; if you have serious health issues, please think long and hard about this trip. My mother in law turns 90 on Tuesday, and we will not be able to celebrate with her. ***

Yes, this is very important to note. We were the same way - very careful with all of the precautions you noted. I would suggest avoiding a rapid test and getting the pcr test I think it's called. I got the rapid tests and now doubt the results. My family was vaccinated much later than me and all of them had much more mild symptoms, if you would even call them symptoms - mostly just very tired for a couple of days after getting home. Anyway, that leads me to believe that I could have actually had Covid given that I was vaccinated back in the spring and breakthrough cases are getting pretty common after 5 and 6 months. We also shared food and drinks with each other so if it was just a cold I think others in my group would have been more likely to get it also.

Hope you all feel better very soon and I'm sorry to hear that you will miss your mother in law's birthday. Definitely best to be safe though!

Another thing I noticed is that mask enforcement at MK is way more lax than at other parks. Just got off Space after it came back up. A man, about 5 spots behind us in line, went through the entire line with no mask. The person who asked how many were in their party didn’t even say a word about it. No one said anything about it until he got into the ride and the guy checking the lap constraint said something to him. It was probably 20% of people inside, in line for Space without masks on or down on their chin. I would say Space and Pirates were the worst today for mask wearing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter