I hit AK around 7:35 today. Staying at Swan. They’ve started EE today so if you aren’t staying on-site/at partner hotels effective today forget rope drop. Off-sites were being held back until opening. They tried scanning my swan room key but that didn’t work, I had MDE up showing my res and the CM glimpsed at that after the room key didn’t scan and let me in no issues. I probably should have had my AP out to scan as that is linked to MDE?…

I liked the EE benefit actually, would like it more if it was a whole hour but it is what it is. Spreading it out to all parks made it feel like an actual benefit today vs in the past where I’ve avoided it because it just seemed to cause a huge mass of crowds.

I was just going to ask about this, too! Did you ride The Swan/Dolphin bus TO AK? Or did you walk over to Boardwalk for an official Disney Bus?

And out of curiosity: where are the off-site folks being held back at? Tapstiles?

I was just going to ask about this, too! Did you ride The Swan/Dolphin bus TO AK? Or did you walk over to Boardwalk for an official Disney Bus?

And out of curiosity: where are the off-site folks being held back at? Tapstiles?
Swan/Dolphin bus. I think it AK bus stop is closer than many Disney buses 😆

They’re held after tapstiles but before entering Oasis.

Oh and I agree that the cast members were in perfect form. I had some great interactions with them. Wish the same could be said for some other guests...

There were two times in particular that kind of irked me. 1) Our second ride on MMRR we were seated with two men who had gotten on first. I think at first they'd thought they would have it to themselves and spread their legs out, but even once we got on with them, they still kept their legs spread. My leg was pressed against the side of the safety bar and my friend was pressed into my other side. I could have seriously done without the man-spreading. It felt super inconsiderate. 2) For Philharmagic, the cast member was telling everyone to move to the end of the row before sitting. The family we followed in sat down right in the middle forcing us to squeeze past them because they refused to budge even in spite of the announcement, and there were like 6-8 of them.

I know you have people like that everywhere and they were isolated incidents so it didn't ruin my trip, but I don't remember encountering anything like that on previous trips. I guess I just lucked out before? But yeah, it was a bit annoying when it did happen.

Men sit like that because of their anatomy. The ride vehicles at WDW are usually hard plastic and some are really uncomfortable for guys. They’re trying to sit comfortably, not annoy you.

We just came back from our trip yesterday and I DITTO you on the heat...Goodness! Was not expecting it. I do agree on the bathrooms but when I was in the stall I dropped my mask because it was air conditioned.YAY! .we walked 26,000 steps on our AK/Epcot day. Everyone thought I was a NUT for bringing a neck fan.. The fireworks were wall to wall people without masks. We are vaccinated and that is always my false sense of security
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I remembered preferring the weather in Dec but this was so rough. Maybe it was just that it was an especially hot week!

With Resort Guest early entry beginning today… I’m looking for any DPs on how people at Swolphin are being “authenticated” for early entry. Is it via MB, via a hotel key card… either? Something else? 😂

If anybody is there and staying at Swolphin please report back if you have a chance 😊

Also posted in the official Swolphin thread here on the DIS as well.
Whatever you use to enter the park will work to gain access for early entry.

Whatever you use to enter the park will work to gain access for early entry.
Not necessarily 😂 if you’re staying at Swan and can’t get your hotel linked to MDE 😛

Sounds like you could show them the Marriott app with a Swan reservation or possibly a swan hotel keycard this morning from various reports. Normal Disney… no communication and no consistency.

For those who rope dropped for early entry today, what time did you arrive at the park, and did Disney let guests into park before the EE time and hold somewhere inside? Thanks for info!

Just rode Rise of the Resistance with a posted wait time of five minutes! Second ride today. Complete walk-on.

First ride around 6 pm. Posted wait 45. Waited about 15 to first preshow and was off the ride in 40.

We were at HS this evening also and it was great. It was dead towards the end of the night. When we got there around 5:30pm, we did MMRR with about a 25 min wait. Then walked on TOT, then about a 10 min wait for RR. Walked on TSM. There was no one in line so they let us go right back on. Then went over to ROTR around 8:30. Complete walk on. It was 8:55 when we got off. Ran over to Smuggler‘s Run and made it just in time before they closed the line. The queue is really cool when no one else is in the building. It was a really good night at HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter