Help me Decide !!

MzCohen

Earning My Ears
I have just returned from a trip to WDW. Everywhere I went I saw the DVC booths and eventually stopped to asked about it. Well the Blue VAn picked us up and we went to tour the BCV.
Now I am very seriously considering purchasing. My SO and think it would be a great idea. Any help from others that own at BCV or actually any DVC members...that can help me make my decision would be greatly appreciated.
Some questions I have are............
How easy is it to use points at HH or any other DVC property?
Would owing a DVC property allow us to take adavantage of early park entries or E ride tickets?
Is the BVC closer to ESPN zone?
How is transportation to parks? and is that free?
Any other fringe benefits of ownership?
Are you all satisfied with the maintenance fees?
Hmmmmm what else can I ask???
I just want to hear how happy you DVCer's are.

Thanks for listening
Dianne

point at HH - very easily - except during the summer - then it is hard

other dvc resorts -okay VB is hard during spring and some parts of summer

all dvc resorts at WDW are hard the first two weeks of Dec - so make your reservations in January if you want to go at that time

yes a dvc resorts is considered to be a WDW resort - so all the activities of a WDW resort are yours at a dvc resort

I think BWV is slightly closer to ESPN

transportation to the parks is free - you can walk or boat to both the Studios and Epcot from the BCV - you must take a bus to the other WDW places - AK, MK, DD, etc

I happen to love WDW - that is the fringe benefit of owning - knowing that you will come back each year or every other year to WDW and stay on property. No other timeshare will be on WDW property - although the new fairfield will be close.

the maintence fees are high - but all the Orlando timeshares have a very high maintence fees - they all have to be better than most or people won't stay there or buy there. I am pretty happy with them - they also pay for the WDW buses/boats - so they are more expensive than other timeshares in the area.

I am very happy with my purchase - so are most of the DVC's on this board - DVC is a great purchase but only if you go to WDW every year or other year - if you only go every 5 years or so - no it is not worth the money. but if you are a real WDW nut - then DVC is the only way to go.

if it is worth for you - only you can decide that question!

I would second the notion that DVC is great if you go to Disney a lot. Being Floridians, we do lots of little trips to Disney and also Vero. We bought at OKW in 96 and are in the process of adding on at BCV now. We love our DVC. In fact my DH says it's one of the best things we've ever done, which is quite a turnaround from when we were dating and he asked me why I went to WDW so much (he had never been!)

When you consider it, be careful not to compare apples and oranges. The kind of vacation you get staying at a Days Inn in Orlando (while much cheaper) is nowhere near the kind of experience you'll have at DVC.

we just bought in early june. we plan on going every two years at least. we bought because we were already going every two years and figured why not stay some where nice. bvc is a short walk to epcot mgm and espn. we have had time to evaluate or desicion and are very happy goodluck and maybe welcome home soon:D :bounce:

Dianne,

Go for it, you won't be sorry.

Transportation to parks is free or you can drive and park for free.

Satisfied with Maintenance, are you satisfied with a toothache, nuff said.

BCV is almost as close to ESPN Zone as BWV if you know the shortcut. Plus it's a lot closer to SAB which BWV doesn't have.

Early entry is for all resort guests not just DVC.

Using points at other DVC properties is pretty easy just remember your 7 month window.

This DVCer is extremely happy.

Well I spoke to my girlfriend who went on vacation with me last week to Disney and she and I have both decided to purchase 150 shares. This way we can take our vacations together!! LOL We managed to tolerate each other last week. So Now all we have to do is get in touch with our DVC saleslady and have her set things up! I would think that gettting financing is pretty easy. Actually I am in the process of refinancing my home and I am hoping to use a little bit of that money to eventually make a BIGGER payment on my purchase.
Hoping to get the ball rolling ASAP because we want to go back in Nov. for the Food and Wine show at Epcot. And we would like to stay at the BCV thats if we can get a room.
Okay heres a goffy question. What does the term 7 month window mean?

I think most of your questions got answered so I will answer one in particular. Are we happy DVC owners? Most definitely we are happy Dvcers!! But I think you will find that to be true of most all DVCers on this forum.
One point I will make is you dont have to be set on BCV right now, because some of the other resorts are available, although Im not sure which ones, but you can call and ask a CM at DVC.
We bought sight unseen at VWL and love it! Its quite and peaceful and beautiful around Christmas especially. But all the DVC resorts have their own unique qualities.
Buy from the perspective of where you are willing to spend the most time at using the 11 mos window. This can help in your decision.
Biggest mistake that a lot of us DVCers made, not buying in sooner. Bottom line is: pts. go up yearly, dont 2nd guess yourself too long cause you will just have to kick yourself that much harder when you finally do buy in.

Good Luck:)

Dianne,

You can book Reservations at you home resort 11 months in advance of your stay and only 7 months in advance to stat at other DVC resorts.

GOT IT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter