Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is really invaluable to people, ones looking for blunt information about side effects mixed in with ones looking for reassurance and ones just giving their experience and moving on. From what I've seen even when the side effects seem awful generally posters say they'd do it again if they have to, that would include me. I've also seen a few posters who had awful 1st doses come back and say they decided even with that looming over they got the 2nd dose and I'd like to think this thread and a few other threads over time have helped give a sense of support.

I really would hate for this thread to devolve into one trying to convince people not to get the vaccine or to go on about how covid was NBD but the vaccine is the line in the sand for someone. It's one thing when the poster is open to honest dialogue looking to learn, it's another when the poster's mind is made up.

Let's try and keep the thread going in the right direction so other posters can have a spot to go to. There's other threads out there (though they often get locked for a reason) and other places out there for other stuff :)

That's great news. And same here....we're planning some big family gatherings for Mother's Day, Father's Day....8th grade graduation for my nephews, 16th BD for my niece....and since we really haven't had any normal gatherings for a year, we're spoiling everyone, especially the kids because it's been so hard on them. They all did well, and got through it fine, but it's been a lot. The nephews are getting X-boxes with extra controllers....charging stations....etc. My niece is still thinking about what she'd like....but we always spend the same on all three, whatever the occasion...so we're hoping she picks out something special. Our parents....all they want is to be able to hug everyone....so it'll be quite emotional to be able to do that.
On the 15th it's my cousin's son's high school graduation. I haven't seen my mom's side of the family since Christmas 2019. We all just sorta decided not to do big group things on my mom's side of the family. Not every single person will be vaccinated (because I don't know all the guests during this open house) but just about all of my family is (sans a few) including the high school grad who got his several weeks ago. We're pretty excited to catch up :goodvibes

I mentioned earlier that I had my second Moderma vaccine Friday. Friday night/Saturday morning, I didn't sleep well at all. Ended up with a temp of 100.4 at one point, then went down to 100.2, and ranged from 98.9 to 99.7 the rest of Saturday. General fatigue all day Saturday, plus muscle aches, mostly lower back, which continued to Sunday night. Been great since then, including soreness at the injection site. That really only lasted until Saturday and was very mild.

This thread is really invaluable to people, ones looking for blunt information about side effects mixed in with ones looking for reassurance and ones just giving their experience and moving on. From what I've seen even when the side effects seem awful generally posters say they'd do it again if they have to, that would include me. I've also seen a few posters who had awful 1st doses come back and say they decided even with that looming over they got the 2nd dose and I'd like to think this thread and a few other threads over time have helped give a sense of support.

I really would hate for this thread to devolve into one trying to convince people not to get the vaccine or to go on about how covid was NBD but the vaccine is the line in the sand for someone. It's one thing when the poster is open to honest dialogue looking to learn, it's another when the poster's mind is made up.

Let's try and keep the thread going in the right direction so other posters can have a spot to go to. There's other threads out there (though they often get locked for a reason) and other places out there for other stuff :)
I don't think anybody is trying to dissuade others from getting the vaccine (I know I don't care if others get it). If anything, it is to explain why someone is not getting it after being told "get the damn vaccine". It is honest dialogue (just not one people want to hear). It's trying show that there is another side. The thread is entitled "have you gotten a covid vaccine?", but there probably should be a disclaimer on it saying "no need to reply if you haven't" given that you will get angry faces and bombarded with articles and statistics if you put you are waiting or not getting it at this exact moment. And, as statistics show, there are plenty hesitant to get the vaccine. Anywhoo, in keeping on topic, no, I haven't gotten my covid vaccine :)

I don't think anybody is trying to dissuade others from getting the vaccine (I know I don't care if others get it). If anything, it is to explain why someone is not getting it after being told "get the damn vaccine". It is honest dialogue (just not one people want to hear). It's trying show that there is another side. The thread is entitled "have you gotten a covid vaccine?", but there probably should be a disclaimer on it saying "no need to reply if you haven't" given that you will get angry faces and bombarded with articles and statistics if you put you are waiting or not getting it at this exact moment. And, as statistics show, there are plenty hesitant to get the vaccine. Anywhoo, in keeping on topic, no, I haven't gotten my covid vaccine :)

1st post tells what this thread is - reposting so no one else confuses the purpose of the thread. This one, literally on the 1st post back in December, says it's just for those who get it.

"I know it will be a while for most of us, but I know there are some front line workers posting here, so you never know.

So let us know when you get the vaccine. I'm patiently waiting for my turn to post my experience here. I'm ready to turn the page.

In 2020, Santa drives a UPS or FedEx truck full of vaccine.

ETA: Per the suggestion from @snappy please let us know which vaccine you got and where you got it. Also add how the process went (how long you waited, etc.)."

Side effects? My forearm hurts at the point of entry just as I recall when I was much younger and Dr. Gloster pulled out the “horse needle” used back in the day. I heard I might be tired so made dinner in advance but only had my normal mid day nap so far.
Tomorrow, I’ve an appointment with a makeup stylist because I’m just.that.vain about my passport picture. Retaking the photo because well I can’t look like that last pic for ten whole years; dark circles under my eyes? Hecka nooooo...:magnify:

Ipso facto haven’t time to be sickish and a firm believer if ya don’t say so it won’t happen.

1st post tells what this thread is - reposting so no one else confuses the purpose of the thread. This one, literally on the 1st post back in December, says it's just for those who get it.

"I know it will be a while for most of us, but I know there are some front line workers posting here, so you never know.

So let us know when you get the vaccine. I'm patiently waiting for my turn to post my experience here. I'm ready to turn the page.

In 2020, Santa drives a UPS or FedEx truck full of vaccine.

ETA: Per the suggestion from @snappy please let us know which vaccine you got and where you got it. Also add how the process went (how long you waited, etc.)."
Gotcha. I didn’t look all the way back to December. I just looked at the title. By the looks of some of the posts, neither did others. My mistake.

Side effects? My forearm hurts at the point of entry just as I recall when I was much younger and Dr. Gloster pulled out the “horse needle” used back in the day. I heard I might be tired so made dinner in advance but only had my normal mid day nap so far.
Tomorrow, I’ve an appointment with a makeup stylist because I’m just.that.vain about my passport picture. Retaking the photo because well I can’t look like that last pic for ten whole years; dark circles under my eyes? Hecka nooooo...:magnify:

Ipso facto haven’t time to be sickish and a firm believer if ya don’t say so it won’t happen.
:laughing: I get it! I was in full hair and makeup and made my husband put on a whole damn photoshoot in our basement for my last passport photo! I told him it was important that it be a great pic because that’s the one that would be broadcast across global news outlets once I caused an international incident. I’m just sad that it’s approaching renewal time and I’m ten years older — this one is going to be harder to pull off. :upsidedow

Back on topic, yeah, I had the vaccine. Said so a few pages back. ;)

I hear what you're saying, but the reason people can be so passionate about it is because scientists believe we can achieve herd immunity and completely eradicate the virus from our country through vaccination efforts (like we have with polio and measles), but they're starting to say we likely won't because of people who are scared or hesitant to get the vaccine.

There were some kind of funny but kind of sad memes going around Facebook last week about how this is the "worst group project ever." Most of us are doing our part to eradicate the virus, but there are some refusing. That's frustrating because it negatively impacts everybody today and generations to come.

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying, but the reason people can be so passionate about it is because scientists believe we can achieve herd immunity and completely eradicate the virus from our country through vaccination efforts (like we have with polio and measles), but they're starting to say we likely won't because of people who are scared or hesitant to get the vaccine.

There were some kind of funny but kind of sad memes going around Facebook last week about how this is the "worst group project ever." Most of us are doing our part to eradicate the virus, but there are some refusing. That's frustrating because it negatively impacts everybody today and generations to come.
This is so true. I remember when vaccines were in development, the experts were saying that if they were 50% effective, it would be fantastic news. They're better than 90% effective! That's up there with the measles vaccine! Which means we have every ability in the world to eradicate this disease with them. But we won't, because so many people refuse to trust the science.

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday in the late afternoon. I felt fine all evening and my arm didn’t even feel that sore after the vaccine. However I woke up at 3:30 AM with a fever, chills and body aches and my arm is very sore where I had the vaccine. I took some Tylenol and that seemed to break the fever. I still have pretty severe body aches and chills and just took another Tylenol since it had been about 6 hours since my last one. I hope to feel better tomorrow.

I was starting to feel a little blue it was taking so long for us to get the vaccine here. In the past week, my parents, DH's parents, myself and DH have all become eligible to book and have appointments next week. Can't wait to post all the data about our experiences! I'm trying to calm down but I've been deliriously happy since booking. I didn't realize how much stress I was under (worrying about getting it and passing it on to someone else - like many of us) until I've been able to really, really see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I got the Pfizer vaccine back in April. Other than a sore arm and some mild fatigue I had no side effects. My husband and one daughter similarly had nearly no side effects. My other daughter felt pretty crummy after both doses. Just general aches and chills. Both resolved in around 24 hours. It's such a relief to have all of us in the house vaccinated. Now if I can just get my son to actually get one scheduled. He has no hesitation, just too lazy to get it done. :)

got my first shot today. FINALLY! Germany is really getting things rolling. We've hit a days of 800G to 1 million a day, not bad seeing our pop is just over 80 million. Amazing what you can do if you actually have supply. I took a nap this evening, was exhausted. I have to admit though it wasnt the pfizer shot, it was the fact today was the first time in months I actually had to leave the house before 8am! lol.. Homeoffice, furlought has spoiled me..

Now my DH just needs to get his appointment.. So frustrating.. I will sleep better took knowing he has his first. I hope he gets called up next 2 weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter