• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had an AP extension to reflect the closure period?

Disney world can't even get their main number to handle the demand of calls coming in. lots of reports of "all circuits are busy" I think it will take them a while to update alot of things like this.

Our DVC Gold Passes: 5-27-2020 EXP, extended to 9-2020. And we don't want it. Requested partial refund MANY times - no response. We have every expectation that Disney is going to rob us, until we see performance on their part.

So my humble advice? If you HAVE an AP? Gold, Silver, other? DITCH IT - demand partial refund. Then Start over with a NEW, un-redeemed AP.
We are in a similar situation. We had five passes expiring 5/28/2020 ... with a May vacation (DVC) that was canceled. We were extended to 9/21/2020, but are unable to use them in that time period. We were able to re-book for Christmas, but I anticipate canceling that as well since we will not wear masks in the parks/resorts. I am simply not spending five digits on the experience as it is now.

Agreed that obtaining the partial refund and starting over (whenever that time comes) is the prudent approach. Of course, as with others on this thread, getting through on the V.I. Passholder Support line has been unfruitful. Has anyone had luck with email or other options?

Brian

Yes, our AP's were extended from 10/13/2020 expiration to 02/7/2021. 117 days. And in Oct, Disney will be adding on a bonus Pixie Dust 1 month extension which will make our expiration 03/09/2021.

We had to cancel our Family GTG in Oct which left us with a lot of DVC points to use or lose. So we have booked 4 trips for just DW and me in Oct/Dec/Jan/Mar. With the 3 trips we have before the Covid shutdown and these new 4 trips, we will have used our AP for a total of 33 park days. Our vacationing style has become very relaxed with only a few hours in the park, chill at the resort, and often times I return solo to a park in the evenings while DW does her chill time. Works out great and we are actually looking forward to the less crowded new 'normal' park experience.

Prior to retiring, we bought several AP Vouchers at $446 each (2011). This AP year works out to $13.56 per person/park visit. If we had bought tickets it would have been over $7,200 for those 7 trips/33 days. Best ROI I have ever had!! And we still have another set of AP Vouchers (same price) to use in the future.

You cannot purchase a new AP. Only renewals are available
Would you like to see Our CC Receipt for two NEW DVC Gold Passes? This data is incorrect. NEW GPs are already posted on our MDE page.

We log in as DVC Owners. MDE allowed us to purchase NEW DVC Gold Passes. We have no idea what the General Public is seeing.

We may have "gotten in" before WDW destroyed the ability to buy a NEW
DVC GP. If so? Glad we reacted quickly, and snagged 'em. Sold, billed, and we OWN 'em.

Good on first use, to 2030.

Photo capture, MDE, 6-25-2020. We have new GP's. Working on a refund for OLD GPs.

Attachments

• NewGold.jpg
    NewGold.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 16
Would you like to see Our CC Receipt for two NEW DVC Gold Passes? This data is incorrect. NEW GPs are already posted on our MDE page.

We log in as DVC Owners. MDE allowed us to purchase NEW DVC Gold Passes. We have no idea what the General Public is seeing.

We may have "gotten in" before WDW destroyed the ability to buy a NEW
DVC GP. If so? Glad we reacted quickly, and snagged 'em. Sold, billed, and we OWN 'em.

Good on first use, to 2030.

Photo capture, MDE, 6-25-2020. We have new GP's. Working on a refund for OLD GPs.

I'm assuming you made this purchase prior to the afternoon of 6/19.

Ok, has anyone not been extended? Mom’s was extended over a week ago I think and mine hasn’t. Hers is on the monthly payment plan and she called awhile back to request the extension. Mine is paid in full and the extension is the default option.

Ok, has anyone not been extended? Mom’s was extended over a week ago I think and mine hasn’t. Hers is on the monthly payment plan and she called awhile back to request the extension. Mine is paid in full and the extension is the default option.
Mine still hasn't been extended, but I am on the monthly payment plan and only requested the extension the day extensions began. 🙃

I'm assuming you made this purchase prior to the afternoon of 6/19.
We DID. Smelled a Lock out coming. We purchased, paid, and have receipts on 6-18-2020.

And I have to add - "smelling" that WDW was going to pull a fast one, and beating 'em to the punch, is NOT what I like to see, with regard to WDW. We won. I just don't like HOW we won - through mistrust of WDW :(.

my son still hasn't been extended, we are on the monthly payment, all 3 have the same expiration date but he pays on his own, CC info is all good and current

my son still hasn't been extended, we are on the monthly payment, all 3 have the same expiration date but he pays on his own, CC info is all good and current
Mine was finally extended two days ago. A friend of mine also on monthly called and they said they hope to have them all done by July 11th. Obviously not sure how accurate that is.

Mine was finally extended two days ago. A friend of mine also on monthly called and they said they hope to have them all done by July 11th. Obviously not sure how accurate that is.
His doesn't expire until may so we're not worried right now

I just spoke to a phone CM at Passholder Services (or whatever it is called). There is no need to make a decision yet, but there are 4 options. A statement/e-mail is said to be forthcoming in early July.

We're going with the full cancellation of our AP's this year.

Thx for sharing. I’d like a full cancel as well.

We have 4 DVC Gold APs... still have the old expiration date.
Same here; DVC & AP, AP expired and doesn’t show in My Exp App, and I called twice asking what the deal was and was informed the days the parks were closed would be added when my AP expired. Now the message, if I remember correctly states only the usual 30 days after the passes expire... 😱

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter