• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had an AP extension to reflect the closure period?

Here's what I took from the cancel link in the email. If your pass originally expired on 8/15, it will remain active until then, no matter whether you cancel or not. For an original expiration date of 8/15, you probably got extended until 12/9. If you cancel they will refund you the difference between 8/15 and 12/9. That the same amount of time it was closed. If you decide to keep it, you will be extended an extra month until 1/9.

At least, that's the way I read it. But now, mine has been extended the extra month and I haven't decided anything yet, so I don't know.

I wish I had gotten That email or my confirmation of requested refund. waiting on that because I don’t want to call back and wait on hold .......again, lol

Does anything show up on our MDE site after refund request. I asked and was told no reference number🙃

I wish I had gotten That email or my confirmation of requested refund. waiting on that because I don’t want to call back and wait on hold .......again, lol

Does anything show up on our MDE site after refund request. I asked and was told no reference number🙃
Do you get emails from them? If you haven't gotten any emails you will need to call. You'll also want to check your communication preferences on your MDE and make sure your email is correct. Check your spam folders just in casze they are ending up there instead of your inbox. I received my email letting me know there was a choice between cancel or 30 day extension, and there was even a private link that is unique to you so you can officially select an option online. You can also do it from Disney's website under "Annual Passes" learn more.

Do you get emails from them? If you haven't gotten any emails you will need to call. You'll also want to check your communication preferences on your MDE and make sure your email is correct. Check your spam folders just in casze they are ending up there instead of your inbox. I received my email letting me know there was a choice between cancel or 30 day extension, and there was even a private link that is unique to you so you can officially select an option online. You can also do it from Disney's website under "Annual Passes" learn more.
I don’t get the emails.. except from the magazine. I checked with CM while on the phone with her. She read it off and it was correct. She said I was signed up for emails. I checked spam , nothing. She said she put thru refund and I’d get email confirming. Did not get that either. Beyond frustrated.
Hoping it goes thru. Meanwhile cc I used was stolen about a month ago, new number now so just hoping it’ll flow thru.
None of this has been easy and after 2 Hours last call, I’m done for now. Just gonna keep my fingers crossed. Re diary just before August cut off and follow up, again!

I don’t get the emails.. except from the magazine. I checked with CM while on the phone with her. She read it off and it was correct. She said I was signed up for emails. I checked spam , nothing. She said she put thru refund and I’d get email confirming. Did not get that either. Beyond frustrated.
Hoping it goes thru. Meanwhile cc I used was stolen about a month ago, new number now so just hoping it’ll flow thru.
None of this has been easy and after 2 Hours last call, I’m done for now. Just gonna keep my fingers crossed. Re diary just before August cut off and follow up, again!
If your card was stolen and that's the card they are refunding to it will be a problem. There's no way for Disney to know your new card number. You need to call before your money is refunded to someone else😕

If your card was stolen and that's the card they are refunding to it will be a problem. There's no way for Disney to know your new card number. You need to call before your money is refunded to someone else😕
The numbers aren’t given to anyone else. M understanding is that a bank will forward ANY refunds to the replacement card. Atleast that’s what I’ve been told. And... Still no confirmation email. 😤

Still haven’t received the extension, Passes expired in May and was told the total # of days the Parks were close would be added to my passes which hasn’t happened yet. In MDE app my pass is no longer there either. I’ve read some people have received the extension but I haven’t.

Still haven’t received the extension, Passes expired in May and was told the total # of days the Parks were close would be added to my passes which hasn’t happened yet. In MDE app my pass is no longer there either. I’ve read some people have received the extension but I haven’t.
You should definitely call Passholder line ASAP. Did you request a partial refund from the closure back in April?

The numbers aren’t given to anyone else. M understanding is that a bank will forward ANY refunds to the replacement card. Atleast that’s what I’ve been told. And... Still no confirmation email. 😤
Same boat and totally frustrating- but have had credit card fraud and no issue with refund going to the replacement version of the card/different number (in my case it was a cancelled trip not AP but point being I would not worry about that part of the puzzle).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter