Has anyone had an AP extension to reflect the closure period?

mine is now showing an extension. but I wanted to cancel..the pass holder phone line says cancel info in a few weeks will be announced. DOES anyone know how that process will work, does this mean we re looking to lose all the days the park is now out...until they announce?

mine is now showing an extension. but I wanted to cancel..the pass holder phone line says cancel info in a few weeks will be announced. DOES anyone know how that process will work, does this mean we re looking to lose all the days the park is now out...until they announce?
Basically- no one knows anything besides what is written online under the COVID update page by Disney World. Even AP phone CMs are giving out conflicting information at this time.

New info was announced today. You should get an email explaining your 2 options, which are to cancel your pass or accept the 30 day extension.
So there’s no added days equal the amount of days the park was closed to when it opens or our passes expire? Wasn’t that the original announcement a few months ago or something similar?

So there’s no added days equal the amount of days the park was closed to when it opens or our passes expire? Wasn’t that the original announcement a few months ago or something similar?
Hopefully they’ll accidentally make everyone’s passes Worl Platinum passes that they’ve accidentally charged this month; wink wink lol

Well, yes the Annual Passes receive 4 months replacement for the time the parks were closed AND a 30 day extension. This is the auto option. If you want to cancel instead you are now able to for a refund process.

Last edited:
Well, yes the Annual Passes receive 4 months extension for the time the parks were closed AND a 30 day extension. This is the auto option. If you want to cancel instead you are now able to for a refund process.

But its not really a 4 month extension, its a one month extension and 4 months of kind of what you paid for, but at a different time frame and with completely different benefits.

But its not really a 4 month extension, its a one month extension and 4 months of kind of what you paid for, but at a different time frame and with completely different benefits.
I still haven’t received a updated status on my account. Mine AP expired as well...

For me it works as an extension because it’s now covering trips that would not have been covered had it not been extended. I’m getting 3 additional trips before needing to renew.

The trips that I missed were rescheduled during the normal dates. So, it’s worked out well for me!

Well I again was on hold over 48 minutes, but had to hang up. Now I only get ...circuits busy, try again later. I’m truly not understanding Why Disney did Not just provide a LINK within our MDE for the decision to cancel. So disappointing! Would have been so much easier.

Well I again was on hold over 48 minutes, but had to hang up. Now I only get ...circuits busy, try again later. I’m truly not understanding Why Disney did Not just provide a LINK within our MDE for the decision to cancel. So disappointing! Would have been so much easier.

You should have received an email yesterday with a personalized link to cancel. Meanwhile I'm trying to get the extension for the closure period added. They forgot mine apparently.

Didn’t get the email:(. I got one ages ago before decisions were made tho.
Still can’t get thru and obv losing money on a daily basis? Ugh!

And still on hold... 1 hour 39 minutes... Ugh!!! Found my original email and cm name who I spoke with... not that it should matter. So, clearly they know AP here🙄😂

No, but did say it was based on 365 days then divided. Since they already added 4 mos(?). I’d be getting back 6 mos worth whatever that is. Honestly, we had no intention of going back while pandemic is too active so Anything back for us is a win. We used More than pass cost already.

Idk I was told AFTER I cancelled that I’d get an email confirming. Checked spam, confirmed Email with cm and Nothing. 🙄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter