• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had an AP extension to reflect the closure period?

Update: My brother’s AP expired at the beginning of June. Today his expiration date was extended to 10/2/20. Had to call in to ask other questions about an upcoming trip. Asked the CM if his would be extended for the extra month in October even though his expires at the beginning of October. He confirmed that his pass expiration would in fact be extended to November in October.

Out of state platinum AP that expired on 5 June. Yesterday it was still showing as expired, but see it was updated today with the extra days and has 1 October as the new expiration date. We have a trip in September already booked, so we'll see how the new restrictions impact our experience, then decide if we want to renew AP's after that. We've had AP's for the last five years and typically go three or four times a year. If we decide not to renew AP's, we'll probably go back to once or twice a year like we did before we decided to purchase AP's.

That is odd. We had June 5th also but ours got extended to September 30. I wonder why there is a discrepancy between extension dates.

I called last night to request the partial refund. Now I see they are adding an extra month or giving the option to cancel the unused portion of the pass. I don’t want that, I should still have til Dec 6th. I’m hoping they don screw up & cancel pass instead of just refund the 117 days.
I have the same worry. I had requested the partial refund a few weeks ago when they announced it as an option. My AP expires in September and I have a trip booked in August. With the new announcement yesterday it sounds like if you request the partial refund they’ll cancel the rest of the AP and refund it. I don’t want that. I need it for my August trip. I just want the closure time refund.
Ours got extended one day. :crazy2:
Ours as well.

Did you have your passes corrected with adjustments and days - monhts added? Ours has not. Why?

I have an AP that I am planning on activating in August. A big part of purchasing it was the water parks And for a 2021 Easter trip. Does anyone know if they would do anything for the Water parks being closed?

Did you have your passes corrected with adjustments and days - monhts added? Ours has not. Why?
Did you try in the app? People have reported not seeing on desktop but pulling up the app and the new dates showing.

Mine hasn't updated on the App or Website. I'll contact them when things slow down if it doesn't update. Expiration at this time is 4/19/21 so I have plenty of time.

I have an AP that I am planning on activating in August. A big part of purchasing it was the water parks And for a 2021 Easter trip. Does anyone know if they would do anything for the Water parks being closed?

I asked this since we have current plat plus APs (includes water parks) and was told there is nothing at this time. Which is really ridiculous. Hopefully that changes.

Not to be curt but even with the extension you are not getting what you paid for when you bought the AP in the 1st place with the one park restriction. I understand the pandemic and all but the fact remains you bought a park pass for all access. Just my $.02 FWIW and I know that it is not likely to do anything but I will bring it up when I am there.

Our DVC Gold Passes: 5-27-2020 EXP, extended to 9-2020. And we don't want it. Requested partial refund MANY times - no response. We have every expectation that Disney is going to rob us, until we see performance on their part.

Meanwhile: We bought two NEW DVC Gold Passes (NOT RENEWALS) - that only start on FIRST USE. Could be 2021 (we have a booked reservation APR 2021). Could be 2022. Could be 2029.

The effect: With NEW, un-redeemed GPs? WE HAVE TICKETS, as far as the WDW Computer System is concerned.

So Yesterday (6-22-2020) - armed with valid tickets and a valid Hotel Res? We reserved Parks, for our APR 2021 visit. It all worked, and I page captured the data.

So my humble advice? If you HAVE an AP? Gold, Silver, other? DITCH IT - demand partial refund. Then Start over with a NEW, un-redeemed AP.

Not to be curt but even with the extension you are not getting what you paid for when you bought the AP in the 1st place with the one park restriction. I understand the pandemic and all but the fact remains you bought a park pass for all access. Just my $.02 FWIW and I know that it is not likely to do anything but I will bring it up when I am there.
I agree completely. APs are pretty much worthless at this point. I know they're really busy on the phones so I sent an e-mail asking if I have any options. I'd like to get a refund of our renewal.

Our Platinum APs renewed just after WDW shut down. We live in Orlando and I have the Platinum AP because I like to go to the concerts at Epcot during Food & Wine and Flower & Garden and like to visit during Christmas. We rarely stay in one park on any visit and on a whim we'll check FP+ to see where we can go on any given day, which can't happen now. I have no need of a Platinum AP with the current situation. We'll see what they say. My 2019-2020 AP was extended to July 17, so I'm hoping can just cancel the AP renewal.

I'm also thinking about cancelling an upcoming DVC trip in December - our birthdays are a day apart, and part of our tradition is breakfast in Paris before heading out for the day, but if we breakfast in Paris, we're stuck at Epcot for those days.

So my humble advice? If you HAVE an AP? Gold, Silver, other? DITCH IT - demand partial refund. Then Start over with a NEW, un-redeemed AP.

Are they refunding for the remaining balance? I thought the refund was only for the period that they were closed.

May 1st to August 26 for my Platinum AP and I had an 8 night stay already planned for August so worked out well. Just wish I didn’t buy my park hopper but at the time I didn’t know my pass would be extended so far out since it expired only 1.5 months after the closure. Oh well... at least I have until September 2021 to go again!

Our DVC Gold Passes: 5-27-2020 EXP, extended to 9-2020. And we don't want it. Requested partial refund MANY times - no response. We have every expectation that Disney is going to rob us, until we see performance on their part.

Meanwhile: We bought two NEW DVC Gold Passes (NOT RENEWALS) - that only start on FIRST USE. Could be 2021 (we have a booked reservation APR 2021). Could be 2022. Could be 2029.

The effect: With NEW, un-redeemed GPs? WE HAVE TICKETS, as far as the WDW Computer System is concerned.

So Yesterday (6-22-2020) - armed with valid tickets and a valid Hotel Res? We reserved Parks, for our APR 2021 visit. It all worked, and I page captured the data.

Are AP available for purchase now? I thought they had stopped selling them along with other tickets...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter