Green Ears For Sale!!!!! Green clothes! Pictures

Relax. VMK is closing? Who cares if they release the stuff. Yes, they are basically sacred items, but I thought a game was supposed to be fun, and they are just workers. (more then just workers, our friends) They don't wear the stuff anymore. So what would it matter? Forgot to add, they are JUST pixels. (the hats I mean)

Maybe it does not matter to you because it fails to make a direct impact on you. These do however mean more to pixels to the "real" people who work for VMK. This is a slap in the face to them. Arguing with me about "sacred items" such as unreleased beta is one thing, but I seriously doubt we would ever see something introduced to us originally as a Staff outfit for sale, on a random day, as an Emporium special, on free credit day for crying out loud. It matters because the ears were a symbol of respect that respect just died the moment I saw a room full of people wearing them in Sci Fi Drive Inn. These "workers" are the same people who work very hard to make every day on VMK fun and safe, they deserve to be shown the same respect they give us. Don't cast aside the feelings of the people this release affects or dismissing my opinion.

I find it truly disgusting and very disrespectful to staff that they have went ahead and released probably one of the most exclusive items in the game. Green ears are more then silly Earth Day hats, for the longest time they were recognized as the “staff ears” and it is not only sickening to me to see ten in each room I enter but it’s also a sign this truly might be the end of VMK. To all the staff members to who had to wear the green ears for the first 15 months of the game, this is truly a slap in the face to them. Staff costume pieces were never intended to be sold in game nor were ever intended to be owned by players, if this is the way VMK wishes to end our time here, point me to where I can purchase my Club 33 Guest Room, until that time comes I am boycotting the release of any and all “Staff Only Items” from a respect stand point, shame on you for doing this VMK.

Considering that they are closing the game, I don't think it matters.

But, I do agree with you about the green ears being a symbol for staff. They should not have been released. :(

By this point they have already showed us they don't care about VMK, the players or the staff just by closing the gates, so how is this any different??? How is this any more disrespectful then the huge slap in the face we all (staff and players) got when they told us they are closing the gates??
To me, this looks more like the designers have gotten lazy and just don't care about VMK now that it is closing. Instead of being creative and releasing something new for earth day, they have just taken all the green stuff out of the ol' closet and put it up for sale.
As for them being once the ears of staff, let's look at it this way: so were the green flips that so many players wear today and since the staff have their uniforms and can not wear the green ears, why not??
I agree with Pink and Aengus on this one, it's just another nail in the already tightly nailed coffin that was VMK.

2. All those "special" host pictures we have of the old uniforms will now look like every other player.

Exactly. At least I have Hula actually saying something in my pictures so that I know it's her.

Well, I too think that releasing the green ears does take away from your early host memories pictures.

But, my gut feeling is that the people who arranged to release the ears did so thinking that they were doing something really nice for the players that most would be happy about.

So, I am going to focus on the nice part. ;)

Being a former CM at both Disneyland and the Disney Stores (when they were run/owned by Disney), I find the released of the green ears just pathetic, wrong, and completely not necessary. We used to wear "Letterman" style sweaters at the Disney Store that guests wanted to buy all the time. That didn't mean Disney sold them. They were CM costumes for crying out loud! And to sell them under the title "Earth Day Mickey Ears"?!!?!?

(deletes a WHOLE lot of further thought on the topic)

Now, from a player perspective, I just signed on, went to Small World Imports to get a few items and saw 2 players with green ears saying, "We are staff. Listen up everyone." If for that reason only..................

Seriously, what on earth were they thinking!?!?

And can someone tell me what this design is please? It looks like a target view through a gun with Mickey ears. Am I missing something?
disneytravelshirt.gif

Well, I too think that releasing the green ears does take away from your early host memories pictures.

But, my gut feeling is that the people who arranged to release the ears did so thinking that they were doing something really nice for the players that most would be happy about.

I think you have a good point. Newer players don't even remember that they used to be part of the staff uniform; to them they are simply a cool color of ears.

Somehow I doubt that staff is going to feel personally insulted by this. But I'm sure the ears are a wistful reminder of past times for them, as they are for us.

I actually have a different concern than some of you have mentioned. How many kids who do know about the old staff uniform are going around now saying "I look like staff", and getting set up for a ban? For this reason alone, I believe it was an unwise choice on VMK's part.

from a player perspective, I just signed on, went to Small World Imports to get a few items and saw 2 players with green ears saying, "We are staff. Listen up everyone." If for that reason only..................Seriously, what on earth were they thinking!?!?

Maybe they wanted to lessen the load of players in their final days, by banning those who impersonate staff... *sigh* :confused3

And can someone tell me what this design is please? It looks like a target view through a gun with Mickey ears. Am I missing something?
disneytravelshirt.gif

Maybe it was designed by the same person who made the arms coming out of the snowman hat. :rotfl:

Maybe they wanted to lessen the load of players in their final days, by banning those who impersonate staff... *sigh* :confused3
:rotfl: Okay, I was chewing my morning matzo when I read that! :rotfl:

Maybe it was designed by the same person who made the arms coming out of the snowman hat. :rotfl:
2 for 2! :lmao: Days.he is FUNNY this morning! Someone has had her coffee!

Actually, this is the logo for the Walt Disney Travel Co.
AH! Connecting with what Bat.i said about the airplane... AFTER seeing the logo, I get it!
Walt_Disney_Travel_Co.gif

But can I say that the shirt logo is way off, perspective-wise?

Thank you for freeing my brain to go ponder other completely worthless topics. :)

disneytravelshirt.gif

Don't worry, I couldn't tell what it was, either, until I read this thread. I thought it was a weird looking camera.

Well I do remember the host wearing the green ears! I can understand how the older players thining its wrong... it is sad..

But I also agree with sparrow ...that they thought they were doing something nice for everyone..I too would like to leave vmk focusing on the nice part ...

I was so surprised to see someone where green ears today and not be a
staff. I can't believe they sold these! That's awesome imo!

The orange ears are great too.

I'm right there with you. I will not be wearing the green ears either.

this is no different than when vmk released that pirate hat that was exclusive to Baby...put yourself in their shoes. how would you feel?

It was never meant to be exclusive to Baby, so comparing that to what he had in clothing to staff has for clothing is like comparing apples and oranges.

I actually also feel they should not have released the ears.

2 main reasons.

1. just another nail in the coffin of the end of VMK.
2. All those "special" host pictures we have of the old uniforms will now look like every other player.

I totally agree. Green is my favorite color, but having the ears just leaves a bad taste for me. Kinda like pouring salt in wounds.

It was never meant to be exclusive to Baby, so comparing that to what he had in clothing to staff has for clothing is like comparing apples and oranges.

I stand corrected then. My mistake. That's what I was lead to believe. I still stand by my decision not to wear them, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter