Green Ears For Sale!!!!! Green clothes! Pictures

Well gosh. I'm really glad I logged on to Dis before getting Pirate_Apples on line.... If i had logged into VMK and seen those ears, I would have "click, buy, you bought" those ears in a heartbeat! But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that... :sad2:

Well gosh. I'm really glad I logged on to Dis before getting Pirate_Apples on line.... If i had logged into VMK and seen those ears, I would have "click, buy, you bought" those ears in a heartbeat! But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that... :sad2:

Well, I didn't read Dis first and I had already purchased and placed my green ears on my little avatar head before I read the many posts over here. I was really excited about those ears and, to be honest, seeing so much anger here about them sort of took the wind out of my sails. I was not around when the staff wore green ears, so I don't have those same memories which perhaps gives me a different perspective than those who have been playing the game a long time.

If you like the ears, buy them and wear them. My first thought when I saw them was how many players who have never had ears, now have a chance to buy them. I know I am in the minority here, but I am thankful for the chance to have some different items before May 21st rolls around.

Hugs to all of us who are dealing with the very likely chance that we are losing our little Kingdom forever. :grouphug:

I dont think anyone here wants to ruin anyone who enjoys the green ears. I think they just wanted to voice that they shouldn't have happened.

They did happen, it cant be taken back. Enjoy your ears ;)

Many of us, will not purchase them, but thats an individual choice. A sentimental one at that.

...seeing so much anger here about them sort of took the wind out of my sails. I was not around when the staff wore green ears, so I don't have those same memories which perhaps gives me a different perspective than those who have been playing the game a long time.

...My first thought when I saw them was how many players who have never had ears, now have a chance to buy them...

Hugs to all of us who are dealing with the very likely chance that we are losing our little Kingdom forever. :grouphug:

Thanks for sharing this perspective Princess. It is a good point that this is the first time that just plain ears of any color have been for sale. I had not seen it that way and am happy for you and the others that are happy by this opportunity. Although I stand by my opinion that green ears were a poor choice, I can see how the opportunity to buy ears brings that excitement we are all trying to find in Funville at the moment.

And hugs to you as well. We are all having a tough time, aren't we? I think I really really thought our letters and phone calls would somehow matter. Seeing the green ears go for sale today slammed me into the reality that no one that has the ability to reverse the foolish decision seems to care. Hugs.

I find it truly disgusting and very disrespectful to staff that they have went ahead and released probably one of the most exclusive items in the game. Green ears are more then silly Earth Day hats, for the longest time they were recognized as the “staff ears” and it is not only sickening to me to see ten in each room I enter but it’s also a sign this truly might be the end of VMK. To all the staff members to who had to wear the green ears for the first 15 months of the game, this is truly a slap in the face to them. Staff costume pieces were never intended to be sold in game nor were ever intended to be owned by players, if this is the way VMK wishes to end our time here, point me to where I can purchase my Club 33 Guest Room, until that time comes I am boycotting the release of any and all “Staff Only Items” from a respect stand point, shame on you for doing this VMK.
This "might" be the end of the game? I don't know where you've been the last two or three weeks, but it kinda is. So what if they release them? They're one of the most requested items to be released, and the staff haven't had them as uniform for quite a long time. Maybe they weren't ever intended to be sold, but the game wasn't intended to last this long either.

Thanks for sharing this perspective Princess. It is a good point that this is the first time that just plain ears of any color have been for sale. I had not seen it that way and am happy for you and the others that are happy by this opportunity. Although I stand by my opinion that green ears were a poor choice, I can see how the opportunity to buy ears brings that excitement we are all trying to find in Funville at the moment.

And hugs to you as well. We are all having a tough time, aren't we? I think I really really thought our letters and phone calls would somehow matter. Seeing the green ears go for sale today slammed me into the reality that no one that has the ability to reverse the foolish decision seems to care. Hugs.

:hug: :hug: Big hugs right back at you. I think we are all really feeling the effect of the announcement that VMK is closing. I understand completely what many of you are feeling and respect the decision not to purchase them. If I had been playing for as long as many of you, I am sure I'd feel very hurt as well. I think that what is hurting so many of us the most is that these items being released represent the impending closure and that really has hit all of us extremely hard. King and I are still writing, but I think we came to the realization that our precious Kingdom will be gone soon. Someone mentioned in another thread how this is like grief. It really is and we are all feeling its effect.

Hugs everyone. :grouphug:

:sad: :sad: :sad: This answer breaks my heart more than any perceived slight against VMK staff. Someone who was just happy to have some green ears is made to feel sad because of other people's anger .. its all sounds very reminicent of the silver ears fiasco, where people wearing them were taunted as cheaters.

BlueSneakerGal said:
Well gosh. I'm really glad I logged on to Dis before getting Pirate_Apples on line.... If i had logged into VMK and seen those ears, I would have "click, buy, you bought" those ears in a heartbeat! But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that...
Go ahead and buy them if you want them. I have two slightly different perspectives on this, and I'm feeling both of them.

1. You could not care what other people think and buy them anyways. It's your choice, not theirs. Why should they control what you do?

2. It's sad that people probably will get upset when they see people buy them. But why do they need to? Again, it is your choice for you to buy/wear them, not theirs.

I bought them, but I don't wear anything the first few days it's released. I like to wait until fewer people wear them.

...But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that... :sad2:

If you wanted them when you first saw them, BUY them. Buy 1,000 of them if you want and hand them out to everyone you see. Seriously.

YOU will not / are not causing anyone's blood to boil... as you put it. The decision to sell them is the cause - NOT you (or anyone else who chooses to buy them, wear them, and enjoy them).

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say NO ONE is upset with the players who are excited to have them. Just because my brain keeps saying, "Look! Staff! Oh, no, wait..." every time someone enters the room with them has nothing to do with you. :rotfl:

If you want them, go get them and enjoy them!

:sad: :sad: :sad: This answer breaks my heart more than any perceived slight against VMK staff. Someone who was just happy to have some green ears is made to feel sad because of other people's anger .. its all sounds very reminicent of the silver ears fiasco, where people wearing them were taunted as cheaters.

Aww,don't cry Pooh. The responses of Princess Wendy, Aengus, Disney Dreams and Shaymojack have convinced me to go ahead and get my ears. Like others have said, I think nerves are raw and there's a fair amount of walking around on pins and needles. :(

When I found out that green ears were being sold, I was mostly in shock and a bit saddened. Green ears meant staff to anyone who played vmk for a while, and none of us ever wanted to see them sold. However, I bought them. I bought them because they are green. I will wear them, just as most newer players will, and some older players, as well. The point others were trying to make is that it was a mistake for vmk to release an item we associated with staff. Nobody should ever tell anyone what not to wear. Gosh, if I listened to everyone who told me it was wrong to be green...
Enjoy the ears! I will.

Catch a lucky Host.. not wait a Leprechaun.. no.. a Player! I am digusted at the sale of Staff Green Ears. I am disgusted at Yavn for how he chooses to treat the staff that supported his game through all these years. Those ears always have been and always will be (in my heart at least) Staff only Ears. You, Yavn, who made sure that we all knew certian items would always be staff only. Those ears were one of those items. Shame on you for treating your staff this way. The employees who have worked countless hours and I dont even want to begin to imagine how many overtime hours they have put in without pay. So glad I would never have to work for someone so dang thoughtless as you.

What makes matters worse are the kids now going around saying they are staff. Like your moderation team doesn't have enough work to do keeping kids from sharing their personal info, now they have this? What in the world were you thinking? How thoughtless yet again of you.

When my kids questioned me about the ears and why they were selling them bc they too were upset they were on sale. I answered that it would be like a bunch of yavns running around on VMK. You can keep your ears, I wont be buying them. I refuse to wear something that has always been so special to staff and us. You should have named St.Patricks day the day of fools instead. I like many others sat in rooms busting at the seams to get a quick picture of a Host.i Leprechaun. I never did see one, but that day was filled with laughter and fun while we waited. Thanks for taking that away and shoving whats left of happy days down the drain.

And in case you dont think your choice to sell those ears did have an impact heres a pic for you :
falseyavnstaffqg4.jpg
Note to everyone: This picture is not staff nor yavn This was a picture done by me with loaned ears and shoes and purchased clothing.

A picture is worth a thousand words ... isn't it :mad:

Aww,don't cry Pooh. The responses of Princess Wendy, Aengus, Disney Dreams and Shaymojack have convinced me to go ahead and get my ears. Like others have said, I think nerves are raw and there's a fair amount of walking around on pins and needles. :(

Enjoy them. :cutie: (giggle - it's sort of a green-eared smiley)

I do see your point, who knows what else they will sell..

:(

What makes you so certain Yavn maintains any control over vmk?
I will wear my green ears with a smile. Staff ears are red, not green. Nobody should be fooled by anyone wearing green ears and claiming to be staff.
Am I happy about the release of the green ears? No, to me it signifies vmk is really truly closing it's doors.

..... We are all having a tough time, aren't we? I think I really really thought our letters and phone calls would somehow matter. Seeing the green ears go for sale today slammed me into the reality that no one that has the ability to reverse the foolish decision seems to care. Hugs.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Just can't stop crying today ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter