GKTW Event - Indianapolis Disney Meet Sat, Sept, 6th, 2014 - 7th Annual - All Welcome

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
Hi Everyone,

In 2013 we held our 6th annual Indianapolis Disney meet. Approximately 300 Disney fans attended from as far as Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, and all over Indiana.

Here is the link to last year's meet thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47686041

To look for additional Indianapolis Disney Meet updates be sure to like our Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?...arch_preload&search_first_focus=1313589411735

Our 7th Year!
This will be our 7th Indianapolis Disney Meet. Over the years the meet has become more than just a chance for Disney enthusiasts to join together for a day of Disney fun. It has given us the opportunity to meet knew people who share our love for all things Disney. We've raised almost $22,000 for Give Kids the World. We feel very fortunate to be able to host an event like this so close to our home. For those of you who travel from so far away to attend the meet we really appreciate it and hope you will consider attending again this year. We have some exciting plans for this year's meet to celebrate our 7th year. More to come as we draw closer to our meet weekend.

The intent of the meet is to get to know other Disney enthusiasts like us and have some fun and laughs along the way. Like last year there will be no cost to attend this meet. We just ask that you bring a pitch-in food and/or drink item to share for the food table.

This meet is open to anyone willing to drive or even fly to the Indianapolis area. We'd love to have you join us. I'm hopeful to have several Hoosiers and other friends from other states join us in the Indianapolis area. If enough out-of-town guests join us we may have additional activities on the Friday night before the meet or the day after.

Please see below for meet information and details. Check this thread often for future details. We are planning an afternoon worth of fun Disney activities for kids and adults alike, prize drawings, contests and even some secret fun! :goodvibes We'll have more specific information the closer we get to Labor Day weekend.

Between now and September 6th I'll be updating this thread with meet information and attendees who will be joining us at the meet. Please post if you can attend the meet, how many guests will be joining your party including children and their ages. Even if you can't attend please post just to say hi!

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to post them here or send me a private message (PM).

We hope to see you at the meet!

This Year's meet will not be Labor Day Weekend. It will be the weekend after on Saturday, September 6th 2014

Indianapolis Disney Meet Information
Date: Saturday, September 6th 2014
Time: 1:00PM - 7:00PM
Where: Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds - O.V. Winks Building
2003 Pleasant St
Noblesville, IN 46060-3627
Facility Information
http://www.hamiltoncofairgrounds.com/ovWinks.html
Directions to the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Noblesville&state=IN&address=2003+Pleasant+Street&zipcode=46060
Food: Pitch-In Format. Please post what you can bring so we don't duplicate dishes. Feel free to bring dishes you'd find at Disney World restaurants

Sunday Brunch
When: Sunday, September 7th
Where: Stone Creek Dining - Hamilton Town Center Mall
Cost: $16 per adult $9 per child 10 and under

Travel Information
Hotel Information
cambria1.jpg

The Cambria Suites is the preferred hotel for the Indianapolis Disney Meet. Located 4 miles from the meet location the Cambria Suites is right across the street from the Hamilton Town Center shopping mall with convenient dining and other entertainment options. Rooms are available for $119 plus tax per night for King Suites and $129 plus tax per nigh for Double Queen Suites. Prices include a breakfast buffet each morning for up to 4 guests in your room. Ask for room block Give Kids the World when booking.

Airport Information
The Indianapolis International Airport is located on the Southwest side of Indianapolis. The Indianapolis Disney meet is located on the Northeast side of Indianapolis. The two locations are in opposite corners of the city. A rental car is recommended unless you have other means of transportation around the city. Indianapolis does not have a mass-transit system. Please send me a message if you have questions about getting from the airport to the meet location.

Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida
The DIS is a contributor to Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida via the Power of 10 $1 Million dollar initiative. We will be conducting a few activities during the meet where the proceeds will go to benefit this wonderful charity on behalf of the DIS and the Power of 10.
To find out more about this wonderful organization click here.
http://www.gktw.org/
There will be some great auction items to bid on. Some of the items may draw high bids or require higher minimum bids. Please come prepared if you wish to bid on these items to benefit the Power of 10 initiative and Give Kids the World Village.

Kids Activities:
Face Painting
Disney Animation Drawing Class
Coloring
Hula Hoop
Kidcot Fun Stop - Duffy the Disney Bear edition
Please post additional ideas for kids activites

Pin & Vinylmation Trading Activities
Please feel free to bring your Disney pins for pin and Vinylmation trading opportunities. There will be a table setup for pin and Vinylmation displaying and trading during the meet. Whether you are a casual or serious pin and Vinylmation trader feel free to share and trade them with your fellow Disney enthusiasts.

Prizes
Like last year prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour. You must be present to win.

I will be doing everything in my power to be there. I will be moving to the Indianapolis area come March 21, so I have plenty of time! Super excited to actually be near where a meet happens.

My Parents and I are in. They are extending their visit from SC and we will be coming in from NE Ohio. We plan on staying at Cambria Suites as we enjoyed that last year.

We will also pick-up Pizza (6-8 pies) like last year as well.

Cheers!

I will be doing everything in my power to be there. I will be moving to the Indianapolis area come March 21, so I have plenty of time! Super excited to actually be near where a meet happens.
Excellent. I hope the move goes well tomorrow.

My Parents and I are in. They are extending their visit from SC and we will be coming in from NE Ohio. We plan on staying at Cambria Suites as we enjoyed that last year.

We will also pick-up Pizza (6-8 pies) like last year as well.

Cheers!
From one Northeastern Ohioan to another. Looking forward to seeing you. I'll post here once I've got the room block secured for this year.

I will be attending, along with my college-aged daughter. Looking forward to the meet!

Count me in! Not sure who I will be dragging along with me... I'll get that info to you later on. Thanks again for hosting Aaron. You do such an incredible job. If you need help on the planning committee, please let me know!

I will be attending, along with my college-aged daughter. Looking forward to the meet!
Sounds great!

Count me in! Not sure who I will be dragging along with me... I'll get that info to you later on. Thanks again for hosting Aaron. You do such an incredible job. If you need help on the planning committee, please let me know!
Glad you are coming Sooze. It wouldn't be the same meet without you and your family. I'll let you know for sure.

Hi Everyone. For those of you who do not follow us on Facebook we now have an active hotel room block at the Cambria Suites. The hotel is about 3 miles from the site of the meet with a lot of dining and shopping options in the area.

Room rates are $119 plus tax per night for a king suite and $129 plus tax per night for a double queen suite. Prices include a breakfast buffet each morning for up to 4 guests in the room.

When calling to reserve your room ask for room block Give Kids the World.
Here's the information about the hotel.
http://www.cambriasuites.com/hotel-noblesville-indiana-IN278#listpos1

Hi Everyone - Just a quick update. We continue to make plans and discuss details about our meet coming up on Saturday, September, 6th.

Of note:

This year we will be accepting credit card payments for silent auction items and additional raffle tickets. Our event is free to attend (bring a food item to share), but if you wish to bid on silent auction items or buy additional raffle tickets for our fabulous prizes we will accept all major credit cards, checks, or cash.

One of our local radio stations WIBC will be onsite promoting our event and giving away small prizes to families and children. My understanding is Terri Stacy (station personality) will be onsite to help support the event in the community.

As usual we'll be giving away over $500 in Disney gift cards. The more raffle tickets you purchase the better your chances of walking away with a great prize. Everyone who attends the meet will get 1 free ticket at the door.

The live DIS Unplugged podcast recording will take place towards the end of the meet; around 5:00PM. this time seemed to work very well last year and why change a good thing. :)

We hope to see you on Saturday, September 6th from 1 - 7PM.

Hi Everyone !
Just a reminder that our meet is a free event. Everyone who comes to the the meet will receive 1 free raffle ticket at the door. You can purchase additional raffle tickets for $1 or 6 for $5.

DO YOU WANT TO EARN A BucAnEar ?
Wear any set of mouse ears to the meet and receive 2 extra raffle tickets at the door. That's a BucAnEar ! You must have them on your head when you arrive.

We hope to see you on Saturday, September 6th for the 7th annual Indianapolis Disney Meet benefiting Give Kids the World.

For those interested we will be hosting a Sunday brunch the day after the meet at Stone Creek Dining at the Hamilton Town Center mall. The brunch starts at 10:00AM. The entire restaurant is reserved for us so space will not be an issue. This is a buffet style brunch that costs $16 per adult and $9 per child 10 and under.
If you wish to attend just post here and let us know how many will be in your party.
Thanks ! And we hope to see you on Sunday, September 7th for brunch.

Stone Creek Dining Company - Noblesville
13904 Town Center Blvd #900
Noblesville, IN 46060

Thank you all for coming to this year's Indianapolis Disney Meet ! We raised $7600 for Give Kids the World. We can't thank you enough for your contributions and we hope to see you next year. Speaking of next year, the meet will not be the weekend after Labor Day Weekend. It will be very close though. We will be announcing very shortly the date for next year's meet. Please stay tuned. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!