Getting off day ..... cabanas

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Ashamed to say after three cruises I didn’t know you were allowed in cabanas on the day you leave for breakfast

Can I ask if you get choice fruit, cereal, porridge and small selection of fry ups?

Thanks

Ashamed to say after three cruises I didn’t know you were allowed in cabanas on the day you leave for breakfast

Can I ask if you get choice fruit, cereal, porridge and small selection of fry ups?

Thanks

Absolutely. for our last several cruises we have opted to have breakfast in Cabanas the last morning. The MDR's for us are just too hectic that last morning.

It opens about 6:30 is but check once onboard and offers about 80% of what they normally offer for breakfast. There are tons of options to eat.

Our normal morning is up early, finish packing up our carry ons, leave for Cabanas about 7:00 ish. Eat breakfast and head back down to our cabin to make sure we are out of the cabin by the required 8:00 am time. Then we head down to the atrium and leave the ship.

MJ

Thanks

Cabanas is a lot better than the main dining rooms for breakfast on the day you leave imo. There’s plenty of food to pick from. Choice fruit don’t know what kind of fruit you want but they have fruit. Don’t think you can get strawberries, blue berries, black berries or raspberries on the last day. Never asked on the last day thou because I didn’t expect to get it. They will have the cheaper fruit available.

Last edited:

On our most recent cruise a few weeks ago, we did the 7 am MDR breakfast on debarkation day and I was still hungry.

So I went up to Cabanas. As noted elsewhere in this thread, it probably had close to 80% of its normal selection, including Krispy Kremes and cereal.

It also wasn't as crowded as usual because they tend to steer all the passengers to the MDRs.

No made to order omlettes however.

Overall, I agree with others that it's a better option than the MDRs. You get more food, a wider selection of choices, and fewer crowds.

On our most recent cruise a few weeks ago, we did the 7 am MDR breakfast on debarkation day and I was still hungry.

Overall, I agree with others that it's a better option than the MDRs. You get more food, a wider selection of choices, and fewer crowds.

Totally agree that Cabanas is a better option. "Serve yourself and save" -- as in saving time on a busy morning. A lot of passengers haul their carry-on luggage into the MDR or pile it up outside the restaurant entrance. It's so much easier to go to Cabanas then return to your room for your carry-on (and still be out of your room on time.)

I may try this next time as disembarkation always leaves me in tears. On the last cruise even my waiter was tearing up because I was crying so hard.

We did this for the first time on our 13th DCL cruise last year. We thought it was a much better option than the MDR because we didn't feel so rushed. The buffet selections were varied as mentioned by previous posters.

Cove Cafe and Cabanas is what we do now. Don't care for breakfast in the MDR. And you can get creative and combine-I usually pull together a pretty nice breakfast sandwich with the offerings.

We've done it each way and prefer Cabanas too. But this thread just makes me sad. I hate thinking about disembarkation. Now I'm already sad about getting off at the end of our August 2020 cruise.

We always carry all of our own luggage off on the last day (we don't want to waste time trying to pack up most but not all of our stuff during the last cruise day), and neither the prospect of bringing it to the dining room, which is already tight quarters, nor leaving it outside in the hallway is very appealing. So, we bring it up to the top deck, and enjoy breakfast at one of the outdoor tables by Cabanas - plenty of room to have our luggage there with us, and it's not in anyone's way. There are usually very few people outside, and we find it quite relaxing, and as nice of an ending to the trip as we can get (given that it does have to end...), to take our time eating out there and then finally disembark when we feel like it. Once we discovered this, we gave up on the dining room, and now I can't imagine going back to that...

It seems like they really try to keep Cabanas a secret on disembarkation day. We would have liked to try it but every CM gave us a different answer about it being open and what the hours were. One CM told us it closed at 8 and we are late risers so that wouldn’t have worked. Does anyone know what time they actually close?

They definitely try to keep the Cabanas option a secret, it seems. The one time we went to the MDR for breakfast on the last day was kind of a slap in the face. We were shoved into a table with all of our (and our table mates) carryons. The fun loving, "Exceptional" service had fled the building. It was pretty obvious they just wanted us off the ship.

We found out about Cabanas on our second sailing and have never looked back. This is by far the best way to end your cruise!!!

Last edited:
Another vote for Cabanas! We have never done the MDR on debarkation day and I can't see that we ever will. We haven't ever had an issue with the selection, we take our bags with us so once we're done we can just leave the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter