Getting off day ..... cabanas

It seems like they really try to keep Cabanas a secret on disembarkation day. We would have liked to try it but every CM gave us a different answer about it being open and what the hours were. One CM told us it closed at 8 and we are late risers so that wouldn’t have worked. Does anyone know what time they actually close?
I read it's 6:30am-8:30am in another thread.

We had to really hunt down the information on times on this last cruise too. We watched that entire disembarkation video and it was not included in the breakfast options at all. And it wasn't in the Navigator. But Guest Services provided the information. If I hadn't seen it mentioned on these boards, I never would have known.

I am finding this a little funny . . . .we did this on both of our cruises IN 2006 and 2008!!!! It was great. On 2006 we ate out by the pool. Girls were young and could run around a little before the long travel day. (They were 6, 8, 12, and 14 - NOW :sad: they are 19,21,26,and 28 - HOW time flies!) So glad we created 4 Disney crazy adults - older two are married and AP holders and one is DVC as well. Youngest and DH went to WDW earlier this month and DD#3 is going in a few weeks - we trained them well!:rolleyes1 Sorry - got off topic.

First rule of Cabanas debarkation breakfast, don't talk about Cabanas debarkation breakfast.

LOL yes. We have eaten up there on all 4 of our cruises, outside to soak up our last minutes of FL sun before heading back to freezing Canada. It's never been busy, very handy for us.

They definitely try to keep the Cabanas option a secret, it seems. The one time we went to the MDR for breakfast on the last day was kind of a slap in the face. We were shoved into a table with all of our (and our table mates) carryons. The fun loving, "Exceptional" service had fled the building. It was pretty obvious they just wanted us off the ship.

This!!!

The MDR servers have always been cordial to us at the debarkation breakfast but I've always sensed that they want you to pick one (and only one) menu selection, eat, and get off the ship ASAP.

I'm a big breakfast eater and, especially while on vacation, like to eat both protein and carbs. Most of the MDR breakfast entrees tend to be either mostly protein or mostly carbs (but not both). And while you can technically order as many things as you want from the menu, I always get a strong vibe during debarkation breakfast that they're sort of annoyed if you pick more than one entree (almost as if they want you to feel ashamed for doing so).

For example, at the MDR debarkation breakfast, I get the sense that it's sort of frowned upon if you order both a bacon and egg breakfast and waffles (even though it's technically allowed).

At Cabanas, you don't deal with this. Put another way, just as on any other day of the cruise, you don't feel shamed for picking anything you want (and they still have probably about 80% of the normal selection with less than 50% of the normal crowds).

We finished our 3rd and 4th cruises in March and we were lucky enough to be offered the chance to eat at the later breakfast option so we chose that over heading to Cabanas. We were not rushed and our servers were still great. I agree though that it does seem more hectic. With 3 young kids having them bring food to you is much better than having to find your way around a buffet several times before it is your turn to find food.

Don't feel bad about not knowing about Debarkation Breakfast in Cabanas. I didn't know about it on our first cruise. No one mentioned it on the ship. I learned about it here on the DIS. I have had wait staff actually discourage it.

We prefer Cananas for disembarkation breakfast because of the greater choices, and the ability to avoid the expectation of servers of being handed their tips. We always tip them, and usually add extra, but I dislike actually giving it to them by hand (so awkward) and prefer just dropping the envelopes off for them at Guest Services.

We ate at Cabanas on our last cruise because we were doing walk-off for an early flight. I felt like the food was a little fresher at Cabanas than the MDR and it was extremely quiet. I'll also say that if you're cruising out of Miami, eat in the outside/aft portion of Cabanas and the view of the city is stunning.

We love Cabanas for debarkation breakfast. On our last trip, I actually brought a plate back for DD to eat in the room. This makes it super easy since we don't have to wrangle our bags while we are eating.
Are you allow to take food out of the restaurant? Good to know... that would be a much easier choice for my DS

Cabanas is so relaxing on disbark day. Sitting outside, looking at the port. I hate the rushed feeling of MDR that morning.

Brilliant! So glad I found this! We have always eaten at the MDR on debark day but for our next cruise on 29 November we'll be at Cabanas.

On our last cruise, wife and I decided to use the quick disembarkation option. Went to Cove Cafe for our morning caffeine requirement, then moved to Cabanas for breakfast. Very relaxing and on our own schedule, some what :) .
Hope this helps,
Glen

I finally did Cabanas on debarkation day and was pleasantly surprised at the offerings. I had a flight leaving before noon so express walk off was the only way to go.

I think that moving forward I’ll just do cabanas from now on-even though it’s nice to say goodbye to the dining staff one last time.

I always assumed it was a continental style quick service bfast but they even had my beloved hash!

On our last cruise, wife and I decided to use the quick disembarkation option. Went to Cove Cafe for our morning caffeine requirement, then moved to Cabanas for breakfast. Very relaxing and on our own schedule, some what :) .
Hope this helps,
Glen
Exactly what we do. I have come to dislike the MDR breakfast offerings. While nice to see our servers one last time, I can always find something to eat in Cabanas and we usually run across one of our Palo servers in there to say good by to them (at least on our last two cruises). The Cove stop first is a must though. LOL!

We always carry all of our own luggage off on the last day (we don't want to waste time trying to pack up most but not all of our stuff during the last cruise day), and neither the prospect of bringing it to the dining room, which is already tight quarters, nor leaving it outside in the hallway is very appealing. So, we bring it up to the top deck, and enjoy breakfast at one of the outdoor tables by Cabanas - plenty of room to have our luggage there with us, and it's not in anyone's way. There are usually very few people outside, and we find it quite relaxing, and as nice of an ending to the trip as we can get (given that it does have to end...), to take our time eating out there and then finally disembark when we feel like it. Once we discovered this, we gave up on the dining room, and now I can't imagine going back to that...
If we do sit our luggage out the night before, can we still stay in the ship until final call? Just to confirm breakfast at cabanas stops at 8:30? Thanks!

If we do sit our luggage out the night before, can we still stay in the ship until final call? Just to confirm breakfast at cabanas stops at 8:30? Thanks!
Re: luggage, yes - there's no one forcing you to get off when it's your group's turn, and I've seen several times when we've gotten off on the later side that there are some luggage sections where it's clear there were a few families who hadn't gotten off yet, even though everyone else in that section had retrieved their luggage. I know we've sometimes had something to take care of even on the last day (usually it was picking up photos from Shutters), so it's not like everyone will leave all at once when their group is called; in fact, I'm trying to remember if they even did groups on our last cruise. I'm sure at some point they'll make you get off the ship (final call, I guess?), but we've never stayed that long! Also, they might want you out of your stateroom before that final call (they have to turn them all over in limited time).

Unfortunately, I don't remember when breakfast at Cabanas stops. It's no earlier than the second breakfast seating, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter