Gay and Lesbian Youth and Disney

I've never thought about snail mail.
Maybe I should send a letter to my father.

I think it's something best to talk about when you see him. Sending a letter to him while he is away may make him feel stressed that he can not talk to you about it. You are 15? You still have plenty of time to tell him and a only in Feb you were questioning if you were gay. I say wait until the right time when you see him, there is no rush.

hey, i've just joined, and thought i'd reply to my first thread.... im 21, so i'm not really a 'gay youth' but i thought i'd just say hi anyway

thanks DVC~OKW~96, glad to have joined! i hope your doing okay, i'm great, i'm planning my trip to diseny next year..... even though it's going to be with my parents, i'm still cant wait!
Its probably going to me my last trip with them, so i know its going to be good....

So...hi. Name's Patti (I go by Axel online). I'm 15 and proudy bi. I live in NH. Sadly, I am out to everybody but my family (minus the odd cousin here or there). My entire family is really stric catholic, so I'm going to wait until I'm not super dependent on them to come out. Heh. They disapprove of boyfriends. I can't imagine how they'd react to meeting my ex-girlfriend.

Hey! Welcome on! Good idea to keep yourself to yourself. Independence is a good thing. Then you can be who you are.

Take care in the meantime, Ay Up?:thumbsup2

We learn about riots for black rights in school, I don't know why we're not learning about riots for gblt rights.

I'm not a part of the LGBT group (am an ally, though), but I wanted to comment upon this: Our college's history class surpised me with the amount of discussions we had on the LGBT rallies/riots/protests. It was the first time I'd ever heard of the Stonewall Riots (our high school's history just kind of...stunk.), and when I looked through our history book, I saw there was almost a whole chapter devoted to LGBT riots. (A whole chapter on black riots, too. Slave Riots got little...) I thoroughly enjoyed the lessons, and even got the teacher engaged in a discussion on whether gays should be allowed to wed (my view: YES, YES, YES. Love is love, end of.). I also found out that jobs can discriminate upon sexual orientation, as there is no statute in the discriminations laws of the EEOC against such. You can't discriminate based upon race, religion, culture, gender/sexual identification, age, etc, but you can, without being clued into the Consitution, upon sexuality. That is sad. My teacher thinks that, eventually, sexuality will be included in these statutes. I hope so.

I want to come out to my father really badly, but I've gotten mixed feelings.
While he has said he would accept for whoever I am, he has said homophobic things. Maybe I should wait?

Always wait until you feel that you have the ability to be independant if the coming out doesn't go well. Take care now! :grouphug:

I want to come out to my father really badly, but I've gotten mixed feelings.
While he has said he would accept for whoever I am, he has said homophobic things. Maybe I should wait?

I suggest to come out when you feel comfortable with everything.

My father said the same thing, and he also has made homophobic comments. A TON OF THEM.

You do what feels right, hun.

And I'M FINALY BACK ON THE DISBOARDS!..I have NO idea why I stopped coming here, but I'm back! :banana:

Im 18, and have too been thinking about becoming more open with it, but I still wanna remain close with my family, and I know once its out, that will go with it. I guess its just something one has to decide, if acting to be another person earns love, is it really love at all? A person just gets to a point where they just dont care anymore what people think-

Another way of looking at it is that a person gets to a point where they realize that they really must be who they are, or they can be nothing real to anyone else. Take your time, never rush something so important, but do not disregard yourself either. In the long run, the truly long run, you are all you have. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter