• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Deployments to Disney and Textbooks to Trams here's a Dec 2010 TR. Completed!

The Castle looks amazing. I wish I could see it in person! And it's great that you met such nice people :goodvibes

The Castle looks amazing. I wish I could see it in person! And it's great that you met such nice people :goodvibes

Hopefully one day you can get the chance to see WDW during the holidays. Although, after having gone during winter and summer, I think you made the better decision by going in June. Personally, I prefer the summertime to the freezing cold weather. :lmao:

My older brother came to visit me a few weekends back and was kind enough to give me his cold while he was here. So, if this TR update has some spelling errors and doesn't make a lot of sense, just in keep in mind that it's the Dayquil talking. :lmao:

Main Street Electrical Parade:

I should begin by saying that I am horrible with remembering the time certain events occured. I could have sworn the parade times were 8:00pm and 10:00pm the last time I posted, but I talked with DBF over the weekend and he reminded me that they were at 9:00 and 11:00.

So, in my last post, when I said the parade began at 8:00....it was really 9:00.:confused3

Promptly, (at 9:00) music began to play through the speakers around Main Street and the first of the floats appeared.

Tinkerbell and her fairies were at the beginning.
Dsc03298.jpg

When I was going through and editing the parade pics, I realized there were a lot of Tinkerbell.....especially when she facing the opposite direction and leaning over to wave at the crowd...

DBF was obviously enjoying the sights.

:lmao:

There were a lot of circulating floats that passed by, next. They would move forward a few feet, stop, spin in circles for a minute or two, and then repeat the whole process over again.
Dsc03322.jpg

Then came a frog that had a tongue that lit up. Unfortunately, DBF never caught a photo of the tongue when it was lit.

In the middle of the procession was Cinderella, Prince Charming, and a canopy with dancing men and women underneath.
Dsc03357.jpg
(I loved the carriage)

Dsc03359.jpg

For some strange reason, I really enjoyed this part of the parade. I guess the combination of lights, music, and dancing was an interesting sight to behold.

While DBF enjoyed Tinkerbell, I got a little flutter in my heart from Prince Charming. Throughout the parade, he was holding a glass slipper that he pretended to offer to girls in the crowd, and I got to see the action firsthand. :rolleyes1
Dsc03368.jpg

It's very sweet and makes a few people in the audience feel like a princess for two seconds.

Next up, came Peter Pan and Captain Hook on a pirate ship.
Dsc03382.jpg

Peter Pan gave the best mini-performance. He was his usual witty, smart self.

There were a few more floats that passed us.
Dsc03413.jpg

Dsc03414.jpg

And then, sadly, the last float appeared.
Dsc03420.jpg

Dsc03431.jpg

There were a lot more floats in the parade, but I chose the ones that DBF took the best pictures of. There were the 7 dwarfs, which had Dopey leading the way on a train full of diamonds. They also had Alice in Wonderland and Cheshire cat. I really wish I had a decent picture of Elliot, because he was pretty cool. They had his eyes lit up and smoke came out of his nostrils.

By the time the parade wrapped up, it was 9:45. As soon as the floats were out of the way, people swarmed into the streets and jostled their way to the front of the castle.

Alex and I had already agreed that our spot on the sidewalk was just fine for watching Wishes, and we remained right where we were.

Well....

That was the case until a man with a toddler on his shoulders stood

RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.

I understand that you want your child to be able to see the fireworks.

I do.

But to move your way to the front of a large group already standing on the sidewalk and block half a dozen people's view.

That's just rude.

Instead of having a nice view of the castle, I had a very clear view of the little boy's red jacket and his father's head.

DBF wanted to say something, but I just shook my head.
There was no need to upset any more people.

Wishes was about to start.....

Nobody should be feel attacked or reprimanded before Wishes.

Instead, DBF and I found an open spot on each side of the man. DBF, since he was taller, stood on the street to the man's left, while I stood on the sidewalk, to the man's right.

With our view mostly clear again, DBF and I waited for the 10:00pm Holiday Wishes to start.

Last edited:
Wow, I love the parade pictures! The ones with the Castle in the background are so beautiful. I've really got to try watching the parade from Main Street sometime.

Too bad the guy with the toddler got in front of you at the last minute. I guess that's the downside to Main Street.

Wow, I love the parade pictures! The ones with the Castle in the background are so beautiful. I've really got to try watching the parade from Main Street sometime.

Too bad the guy with the toddler got in front of you at the last minute. I guess that's the downside to Main Street.

Thanks! The ones with the castle in the background are my favorite, as well. I don't even think DBF realized he was getting the castle in the pics when he was taking them...a nice surprise for later.

Wishes and Extra Magic Hours:

Neither DBF or I had ever seen Wishes before this trip. The first time was arrival night, on the beach of the Polynesian. It looked incredible from far away, so we were very excited to see it from Main Street.

To add to the fun, it was Holiday Wishes.

I'd mentioned in my very first post that I am a holdiay NUT, so to be able to watch a special firework show about the season was almost too much.

During the show, DBF placed his camera on my shoulder and just kept clicking the trigger. We had no idea what the pictures would turn out like, and so afterwards, we were completely amazed when we looked at the results and they were beautiful.

Here's some of my favorites from the show:
Dsc03438.jpg
The start of Wishes.

Dsc03444.jpg
I loved the snowflakes on the castle. Very creative.

Dsc03453.jpg

Dsc03464.jpg

Dsc03506.jpg
DBF was really happy he managed to catch the smiley face in the sky. When we saw it the night of the 17th, he thought it was funny and remembered to keep his eye out for it that night.

Dsc03492.jpg

Dsc03511.jpg

Dsc03527.jpg
This was my favorite part of the show. I loved the fireworks that went off, and I really loved all the colors on the castle.

Sadly, with this last picture, the fireworks were over:
Dsc03536.jpg

I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end, and I was pleased with how many fireworks actually went off. From where we were standing on Main Street, we couldn't hear any of the music, but I didn't mind, because I knew the song well enough to sing it by heart. :rotfl:

With the smoke from the finale fireworks still drifting in the sky, the massive mob on Main Street started flooding towards the park entrance.
Alex and I noticed the surge of people and knew we needed to get out of the way.

Fast.

Going right, we walked into Tomorrowland and dashed into Cosmic Ray's. Needing some heat (it was soooo cold outside) and some food, we found a seat in the corner of the building and we each bought a basket of chicken strips.

They weren't the greatest thing in the world, but it was enough to fill our stomachs and get us prepared for riding some rides. :thumbsup2

After the food was gone and we were back outside, DBF and I quickly decided to walk over to Space Mountain, grab some FPs for later, and then head on over to Thunder Mountain.

I needed to try the ride again.

On an empty bladder.

When we reached the ride, the line was extremely short. It appeared that everyone had either left or was waiting for the 11:00pm Electrical Parade showing.
DBF and I waited in line about fifteen minutes before we were put in a train car.

During the ride, I realized two very important things.

The first: I LOVE Thunder Mtn. The storyline, the turns, the short dips....I was laughing and smiling the whole time. It is now a must-do during future MK trips.

The second thing: Thunder Mtn is so much cooler at night. It's like a completely different ride! The absolute best part is when you come out of the cave and climb up the track. Going from that yellow-ish orange light into the dark of night gives you this other-worldly feeling.

And, even though the ride made the cold seem harsher due to the wind, I still had a wonderful time on it. I cannot wait to try it again when it's warm...leaving the cave and getting hit with summer night's air.... it should be awesome.

After our luck with Thunder Mountain, I dragged DBF to Pirates. I had to go on my all-time favorite ride!

Surprisingly, the attraction was empty.

It was only a little after 11, and yet nobody seemed to be in the park.

A complete 180 degrees from earlier in the day.

So DBF and I walked through the queue and were directed to the back row of one of the boats.

After a few more people climbed aboard, we took off! I had not seen the ride since they added Jack Sparrow and Barbosa, so it gave me a new experience on the ride.

I don't know why I love Pirates of the Caribbean as much as I do...

I suppose it's a combination of the music, story, and atmosphere. I just absolutely love the part of the ride when the ships are fighting and there's canonballs exploding in the water. Disney makes it seem so real, that it's hard to believe I'm really not in the middle of the ocean in a small rowboat.

All too soon, the ride ended and DBF and I got off.

We walked out of the warm gift shop and into the cold night.

Then, DBF said the most beautiful thing to me.

"Wanna ride it again?"

I knew there was a reason I'm dating you.

"Of course!"

So, DBF grabbed my hand and we strolled back towards the entrance. The speakers on the building were blaring "Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, a pirate's life for me," and I couldn't help but sing along.

Walking hand in hand with my DBF, singing along to a known song, heading towards my favorite MK attraction late at night in a practically empty park was my favorite moment of the day. If we hadn't done the Osbourne Lights, I would've said it was my favorite overall moment at Disney.
It just made me feel seperated from reality.

As if the world were on pause and it was just DBF and me enjoying a night of fun and magic.

Aaagghhhhh, I'm getting a little too mushy here. My apologies.

We were ushered into the back row of the boat, again. (Not sure why we kept getting put in the back.) And took off for another adventure in the Caribbean seas.
Exiting the ride for the second time, DBF offered to go again, but I declined. Too much of a good thing can be bad, at times.

Our FPs for Space Mountain were for 1:00 and 2:00am, and after Pirates it was about 11:40.

DBF admitted that he wanted to ride Thunder Mtn one more time, so we headed back to Frontierland. While we walked, we saw people braving Splash Mountain. It was 30 degrees out and windy...those people were crazy!

The line for Thunder Mtn was longer than earlier, but still under 30 minutes. We got in line in front of a dad and his 5 year old daughter, who proved to be good company. The little girl was so excited to tell us about the ride and all the cool things she had done at Disney so far.
Apparently, the girl had rode SM five times before begging her dad to ride Thunder Mountain. Apprently, she was planning on riding all the coasters half a dozen times that night.

DBF recognized a fellow-coaster fanatic and they both spent a good majority of the wait comparing various Disney rides. Meanwhile, the father explained to me that his wife was taking care of their two small boys so that way he could spend some time with his daughter, since they both love the fast-paced rides..

I found it very sweet that they were having father/daughter bonding time at Disney and that he was willing to ride the same rides over...and over...and over again for his child. They ended up riding in the car behind us and when we got off, the little girl asked us if we were going to ride it again with them.

We had to decline, and her response: "Okay...hey Dad, can we get some ice cream?"

DBF and I laughed at his response. "Yes, but we can't use our snack credits, because if Mom finds out I'm giving you ice cream in the middle of the night, we'll never be allowed to go off again." :lmao:

We wished each other a good night and DBF and I headed to Space Mountain. We reached the attraction at 12:30ish and decided we'd go in the standby line, and then, when we came back out, we could go again using our FPs.

Big mistake.

The standby line was an hour-long wait.

Since we'd already been on the ride once before that day and we were very tired, standing around waiting for that long was not worth it.

DBF and I managed to get in front of the one family in the park who seemed to hate Disney.

We kept hearing, "They need to learn how to run this place better."

"Can you believe these crowds, why does everybody want to ride this?"

DBF and I were getting slightly frustrated with the family's rudeness, but kept our opinions to ourselves.

Which turned out to be a good thing, because we were given a much better payback when our turn on the ride came about.

DBF sat in the fron seat of our car, I sat in the middle, and the rude family's mother sat behind us.

When the ride began, all I heard was a stream of explicit words behind me.

Then, "I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die!"

About halfway through the ride the woman switched to the word that means crap and kept repeating it at a scream.

I know it's really rude to laugh at other people's fears. I felt the same way on RnRC the first time.

But, I'm sorry, she was hilarious. I guess it was the way she went about expressing her fears that was funny. During the ride, I kept thinking she was going to run out of breath, but she kept plowing through those words. And then...during the last 5 seconds of the ride...I heard her laughing. She began enjoying the ride at the very end.

:confused3

When DBF and I got off Space Mountain, it was almost 2:00am.

We were done.

Seeing a couple walking towards Space Mtn, we handed them our FPs. They seemed to understand the concept and looked pleased to have gotten them.

As were leaving Tomorrowland, I suggested to DBF that we needed something hot to warm us up on our trip home. We spotted a snack stand and bought two hot cocoas.

Then, sadly....the inevitable happened.

We had to walk down Main Street and leave MK.

I paused for a long time at the castle and just stared at it. The place takes on so many looks throughout the day, and seeing it at 2 o'clock in the morning, with nobody around us, was one of my favorite times to watch the castle.

DBF had to drag me out of the park, promising me that someday we'd be back to see it again. (If only we knew just how soon that statement would come true)

Sadly, we hopped on the empty monorail.

If leaving MK wasn't sad enough, we knew this would be our last monorail ride. Over the past few days, we'd come to love riding on the monorail. DBF and I quietly sipped our hot cocoa while we rode to the Contemporary and then to the TTC.

Getting off at the TTC and waving goodbye to the monorail as we walked down the ramps, we found the SoG bus stop and waited around.

While we were sitting there, DBF and I realized other families were looking up towards the sky.

The eclipse!

It just so happened that the moon was in an eclipse that night, and we were able to get an extraordinary view.

What a perfect way to end an amazing day...

Up next...Checking out of Shades of Green

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a great magic kingdom night. You had so many good stories! Minus the story about the disney hating family of course :laughing: Your firework pictures are gorgeous. Mine never turn out good :sad2: but then again I don't have a very good camera lol.

Sounds like you had a great magic kingdom night. You had so many good stories! Minus the story about the disney hating family of course :laughing: Your firework pictures are gorgeous. Mine never turn out good :sad2: but then again I don't have a very good camera lol.

That night really was fun. I couldn't believe how empty the park was during EMH! After being around wall-to-wall crowds the whole day, walking around an almost empty park was sort of eerie. :rotfl:

DBF and I still can't believe how good the firework pictures came out. we struggled the whole trip with IllumiNations and the EP, so we weren't holding our breath on decent Wishes photos. I think using my shoulder as a amke-shift tripod really helped steady the camera.

I love those Wishes pictures! I can't believe they came out so good with random clicking. Holiday Wishes is the best. I love the snowflakes on the Castle.

I love BTMRR at night, too. It does feel like a whole other ride. And I love how you can catch glimpses of the Castle. It is a lot more fun late at night in the summer, though. :rotfl:

It's always sad to see a trip come to the last night. Good thing you've got a new one planned! :)

I love those Wishes pictures! I can't believe they came out so good with random clicking. Holiday Wishes is the best. I love the snowflakes on the Castle.

I love BTMRR at night, too. It does feel like a whole other ride. And I love how you can catch glimpses of the Castle. It is a lot more fun late at night in the summer, though. :rotfl:

It's always sad to see a trip come to the last night. Good thing you've got a new one planned! :)

I don't remember seeing the castle from Thunder Mtn. Thanks for telling me that, because now I can't wait to keep an eye out for it on my May trip!

It was really sad to leave MK. If only I knew I'd be seeing again so soon, I wouldn't be so sad. The great thing about this next trip is that we're not using all our tickets, and the military discount has a no-expiration deal until the end of September. So, before we even go to the parks, I know we're going to have another trip before September!:cool1:

An Off-topic Update:

I don't normally like to create a post that isn't about my Dec. trip, but I felt that, for this, I could break my rule.

It turns out that this May trip is going to be a celebration vacation....

DBF isn't BF anymore.

He's

DF!!!!!

:cheer2:pixiedust:

Yep... as of yesterday, I am an engaged woman.

Anyone who followed my PTR for December's trip knows that my family and friends thought Alex was going to pop the question on this past trip. Well, turns out...he did not have that in his mind at all.
A few months ago we had some serious talks about our future and where we thought it was headed, and we both decided marriage was what we wanted.

So, I waited for the question.

I thought for sure he'd ask over Spring Break.

When SB passed and there was no ring, I started to wonder when it would happen.

Then, the May trip was created.

Well...that had to be it.

Turns out, Alex wanted to surprise me. He knew I'd be expecting it at Disney, plus he wanted me to be able to celebrate with my friends before the trip.
He took me to the zoo, which was the first date we went on as boyfriend/girlfriend. Plus, I am a GIGANTIC animal lover and spend a lot of time at this particular zoo. So, he took me there and waited until I was feeding my favorite animal (the giraffes) then popped the question.

He did an amazing job picking out the ring.

I am kind of glad he did it before our next trip. I can now go and add a celebration to our reservations, and I can look forward to experiencing WDW with a fiance.

Both of us even joked about what ride we'd go on first as an engaged couple.

I do have to wonder, though....should I start referring to Alex in this TR as DF now??? I am a fan of continuity, so I don't like to change things so close to the end....but since the name's more of a reference point, I really should.

Hmmmm...

In other news, Alex made my heart sing on Friday. He asked me if we could make t-shirts to wear during the Expedition Everest 5K. Naturally, I agreed!
We spent the day designing and making them.

On the left sleeve we put the AK logo, since that's where the race will be held.
On the right sleeve, we put two lime green Mickey heads. A simple acknowledgement to the DIS boards

I designed the front picture to look like the the yeti was climbing over the EE mountain logo.
And on the backs of our shirts, we each have our name at the top and a picture of our favorite Disney movie. I wanted Simba on mine, but his coloring wouldn't have shown on a yellow shirt...so I settled for Rafiki.

We were both really excited about our shirts.

Overall..it has been an insane weekend!!! Now that the school year is winding down, I have a lot more free time on my hands. I am going to spend today editing my AK pictures and should have another TR update either late this evening or Tuesday morning.

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

That is so exciting!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! That's great that you will be able to celebrate your engagement in Disney! :goodvibes Your ring is gorgeous by the way.

And I love your shirts. They turned out great.

Congrats on the engagement! Thank you for posting this, we (and we means the baby, myself, two friends, and their baby.. DH (also AF!) has to work :( ) are staying at SOG next Thursday through Monday. Last minute trip planned, should be... entertaining!

OMG!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

That is so exciting!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! That's great that you will be able to celebrate your engagement in Disney! :goodvibes Your ring is gorgeous by the way.

And I love your shirts. They turned out great.

Thank you! Alex is really excited about celebrating at Disney. He kept texting me yesterday, going, "Did you know we could do this..." and "We could pay for this and make it a special occasion." :lmao:

At first I didn't want to make the shirts, but now that they're done, I'm happy we did. I used them as a motivator while running yesterday.
C'mon, when you're running, do you want people looking at you going, geez Alicia you are sllooooowwww." :rotfl:

Congrats on the engagement! Thank you for posting this, we (and we means the baby, myself, two friends, and their baby.. DH (also AF!) has to work :( ) are staying at SOG next Thursday through Monday. Last minute trip planned, should be... entertaining!

Thanks!
Last minute trips can be fun! And going with friends will sure to be a great time.
SoG is a wonderful resort and the rooms are huge! Your baby will have more than enough room to run around and burn off excess energy.
Have fun!!!:thumbsup2

Congrats and Best Wishes! What a beautiful ring :) The shirts are so cute too!

Thank you! :wizard: I couldn't believe Alex did so well picking out a ring. :rotfl:
I'm hoping that by wearing a shirt with my name on it, I'll be motivated to keep my legs moving during the race. I don't want people going, "Man, Alicia, needs to pick up the pace!" :lmao:

Checking Out and Heading to AK:

Despite not getting to bed until about 4 a.m., DF and I were up bright and early at 8:00am to pack our belongings.

I sat outside on the deck and watched golfers fight with the birds over space on the green and tried to remember everything I was seeing. It was hard to believe that we were already having to leave our resort. It felt like we had just arrived!

Thankfully, having a park day to look forward made lugging all our bags to the car much easier.

When all our stuff was packed away in the trunk, DF and I made a stop at the front desk. Since we'd already paid for everything, we just had to tell them we had vacated our room and then we were good to go.

DF wanted to make a quick stop at the gift shop, but I didn't feel like fighting the store crowds, so I waited outside.

And that's when I saw it....

It was as if there was a light shining around the little stand.

It was...

A coffee shop!!!!

Finally! After 5 days of being caffeine-deprived, my prayers were answered!

:cheer2::cheer2:

While DF was perusing, I bought the biggest mocha frapp they had and practically inhaled it.
Getting a decent cup of coffee made saying goodbye to SoG a lot more easier than it would have been had I not had caffeine running through my veins.

DF and I got into the car, plugged in the GPS with directions to get us to Animal Kingdom, and drove toward the park.

Dsc03541.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so happy for you both!! How exciting! Alex did a very good job on picking out a ring. :thumbsup2

Love the AK shirts, too. They came out really good. I think it's nice to have a trip to celebrate the engagement rather than the engagement itself at Disney World.

I'm so happy for you both!! How exciting! Alex did a very good job on picking out a ring. :thumbsup2

Love the AK shirts, too. They came out really good. I think it's nice to have a trip to celebrate the engagement rather than the engagement itself at Disney World.

Thank you!
At first, I thought it'd be cool to have an engagement at Disney, but now I am happy it's already happened. The shock of it has finally begun to wear off, so now we won't be so consumed with, "Ohmigod! Wow, this is happening!"
Instead, we'll be able to focus on Disney and our celebration.

Animal Kingdom Morning:

DF paid the parking fee at the gate, and we were directed to the Dinosaur lot.

The driver of our tram that took us to the AK entrance was amusing. He kept repeating, "Remember...you are dinosaurs! Someone, roar for me like a dinosaur."

"Dinosaurs, people, dinoasurs! Trust me, when you're all tired after a long day at the park, you are going to want to remember DINOSAURS!"

The trick obviously worked, because last Sunday, I asked DF if he remembered where we'd parked at AK and without hesitation he replied, "The Dinosaur section."

:thumbsup2

At the entrance was AK's holiday tree.
Dsc03544.jpg

And some holiday wreaths above the wooden entrance posts.
Dsc03545.jpg
I loved the heads of the giraffes.

When DF and I entered the park, it was shortly before 10a.m. and we wanted to see if we could catch the first showing of Festival of the Lion King.

So...stopping by the Tree of Life long enough to take a picture:
Dsc03548.jpg

We continued on until we came to the sign for FotLK
Dsc03549 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

The CM standing next to the sign told us we could sneak inside the building, but the show had already begun.
I thanked her and told her I'd prefer to wait until the next showing.

Of course, that meant waiting around for another hour.

What to do...

I spotted Camp Minnie Mickey and suggested to DF that we go down there and see what characters we could spot. When we got to the area entrance, we saw that there were very few people down by the seats. The crowd barely filled half the benches.
Despite the lack of an audience, the characters and the CMs singing and dancing were involved; they were zesty and full of life.

Feeling a little too old for the show, DF and I stood at the back and watched other families let their toddlers interact with Chip and Dale and Thumper.

DF tried to nab a photo of Thumper:
Dsc03551 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Becoming bored, DF and I left and walked around looking at Christmas trees for a bit. I loved how many themed ones were displayed. You could look at them and tell a lot of thought and planning went into them.

I found Pluto's dog house adorable.
Dsc03555.jpg

My favorite one was Finding Nemo.
Dsc03558.jpg
The starfish ornaments and blue coral were awesome, and I found myself wishing I could decorate a tree in that style with my younger brother, who's favorite movie is Finding Nemo.

This tree came in second place for my favorite:
Dsc03561.jpg

It was outside the entrance to FotLK, which I thought was very fitting.

Around 10:40, DF and I made our way to the door leading into the Festival's building and waited.
Dsc03563 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

This was my number 1 TO-DO on this trip, and I was nearly bouncing up and down with anticipation.
My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King and that has a lot to do with its music. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie's soundtrack, so I could not wait to hear the songs live on stage.

Around 10:50, the doors opened and they let us all in.
Dsc03565 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

DF and I randomly sat down on the set of bleachers directly across from the doors.
Turned out, we were in the elephant section.
Dsc03569.jpg

We had a lot of laughs waving our arm and trying to sound like an elephant.

Soon, the show began.

They brought out all the animals.
We were to the right of Simba, my favorite!
Dsc03586 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

We watched the monkeys jumping on the trampoline and flipping in the air. It was my favorite part of the show; those people are so talented to be able to balance and time their moves down to the second.
Graceful.
Dsc03600.jpg

Not to mention entertaining.
Dsc03612 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Then came my favorite song, "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" with the two birds flying in the sky.
Dsc03629.jpg
It was really entrancing watching the scene play out with the song. I couldn't tear my eyes away from it.

There was also a fire-breather, but none of the pictures of him turned out, so I can't show that part.

Children came to the stage and danced with the zebras, lions, and giraffes, and everyone in the audience (especially me) swayed in their seats.

I really loved how interactive the actors were with the audience. They'd come right up to the side of the bleachers and get you to clap, and they'd pose for pictures whenever they saw a camera.
There was a handicapped woman sitting in front of DF and I and we watched as the leader of the elephant group kept coming by and hugging her and dancing next to her. It was really sweet.

Before I knew it the show was over.
Dsc03654.jpg

And DF and I had to leave.

By the time we were back outside it was almost 11, and we figured we could do one more thing before we would have to stop for lunch.

But what?

Since KS was the closest attraction near us, DF and I both agreed to get the animal knocked out.

Last edited:
Looks like a great start to a great day! I had no idea about the themed Christmas trees. They are so cute. I'm glad you got to see Festival of the Lion King. My Favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter