From Deployments to Disney and Textbooks to Trams here's a Dec 2010 TR. Completed!

:rotfl: Thank you for drawing me out the Mickey head, I see it now, but man would I have been staring FOREVER!

Hope you guys have a GREAT trip :goodvibes can't wait to hear about it

I didn't realize you're from Crestview. I used to live in Pace. I love the Florida panhandle.

That's a funny picture on Dinosaur. Don't worry, the dinosaurs aren't real. :laughing:

Hope you're having a great time on your trip!!

:lmao: That ride photo is hilarious. But I commend you because I will not go anywhere near that ride. :laughing:

I'm confused about expedition everest and the yeti. I've heard that the yeti isn't working and now people are saying that you can't even see him anymore. :confused3

You are smarter than me; I thought I could handle it…I was definitely wrong!
I don’t know if the Yeti was working then or not, but I know when I went on it a week ago it was working.:thumbsup2

Best ride photo ever!!!! It's weird because I hate Dino but my FAVORITE ride at DL was Indiana Jones which is the same vehicles and similar effects but awesome scenery and not A's loud and jerky.

I’ve seen clips on Indiana Jones and it looks really fun. I guess it’s just the concept of having eight foot dinosaurs right next to you with very loud music in your ears that’s scary.

:rotfl: Thank you for drawing me out the Mickey head, I see it now, but man would I have been staring FOREVER!

Hope you guys have a GREAT trip :goodvibes can't wait to hear about it

You definitely have to reach for the Mickey Head in that one. :confused3
Our trip was fun. It had wonderful moments and then it had horrible moments. It was completely different from this December trip, though.

I didn't realize you're from Crestview. I used to live in Pace. I love the Florida panhandle.

That's a funny picture on Dinosaur. Don't worry, the dinosaurs aren't real. :laughing:

Hope you're having a great time on your trip!!

Ahh, cool. Of all the places I've lived in my life, the FL panhandle is my favorite. I keep dreading the day DF gets orders to move somewhere else, because I just love this location.
I had to tell myself more than once that the dinosaurs were just part of a small Disney ride. Obviously, looking at the picture, I didn't believe it. :lmao:

Ending our trip with Fantasmic!

Once inside Hollywood Studios, DF and I walked over to the Rock 'N Roller Coaster area to see how crowded it was.
Dsc03801.jpg

Turned out, it was very busy. The wait time was posted at 60 minutes and people were milling around in large groups.

Having missed Fantasmic earlier in the trip, we really didn't want to risk missing it a second time by waiting in an attraction line. Sadly, we waved goodbye to Aerosmith and sat down on a concrete ledge next to the Fantasmic! line.

We waited about thirty minutes for a CM to give us the go-ahead to find a seat. When we did manage to get inside, we nabbed a seat about the fifth row back, next to aisle.

Good enough for us.

That day had been the warmest of all our trip days (with the exception of arrival day) and thankfully that made the night less chilly than usual. The breeze on the water sent us some nice cold winds, but it wasn't anything our nice jackets couldn't handle.

The show began with bright colors.
Dsc03809.jpg

Dsc03819.jpg

DF had never seen Fantasmic before, so he was trying desperately to figure out what was going on and where to look.

He seemed fairly impressed with the Pocahantas/John Smith scene:
Dsc03825.jpg

Our eyes were glued to the stage as the heroes conquered the villains and the characters celebrated by having a boat party.

Dsc03863.jpg

This was my favorite part of the show. I loved seeing all the characters from different movies in one place; I really enjoyed finding and pointing out all the ones we could see to DF.

"Look, there's Rafiki!"

"I see Mulan, how cool!!"

"Look at the Steamboat Mickey version!"

The boat wound its way around the water and disappeared behind the mountain and then Fantasia Mickey appeared to end the show in style.

Dsc03873.jpg

Unfortunately, when the show ended, so did our trip.

:sad2:

DF and I tried to think of something, anything to do to allow us to stay just a little bit longer.

We couldn't think of anything.

We both knew deep down that it was time to go.

With huge frowns on our faces, DF and I waited in the line for the AK bus. Thankfully, we were completely alone. Nobody else was headed to a park that had closed three hours ago.

The bus ride back was quiet.
Our driver gave us a mini-heart attack at one point, though. He was going around a large curve, taking it wayyyyyyy too fast, and two of the wheels were skidding in the grass.

I was the only one who noticed, though;DF was absorbed in his own thoughts. I'm not sure what he was thinking about, but I deducted that he was just as sad to be leaving, he was just trying to cover it up.

The bus dropped us off at AK and, our feet dragging, DF and I walked to the Dinosaur parking lot and got in our car. Once in the car, I made a halfhearted plea to stay just a few more days. After all, we were just going to visit his family for a few days....it wasn't like we had to.

:rotfl2:

DF was strong and rejected my offer.

So...
With heavy hearts, DF took the parking brake off, put his foot down on the clutch, shifted into first, and pulled out of Animal Kingdom, leaving the world behind us.

And just like that...our December trip was over.

In conclusion....
There were several things I discovered on this trip.

1) Disney is the perfect place for a holiday nut like me. The Osbourne lights did not disappoint and put my family's crazy winter wonderland house to shame.

2) DF loves WDW just as much as I do.

3) Always check the bus schedule before attempting to make plans.

4) Never drink the Italian cappacino from Epcot or use the resort's water in the coffee pot.

5) Slow down and make time to sit back and relax inside the parks.

6) Don't go on Dinosaur anymore!

7) Double check to ensure the camera batteries are charging properly.

8) Find a spot EARLY for Wishes.

9) Breaks in the afternoon are a beautiful thing.

10) Don't waste a minute of your time at WDW; it goes by too quickly as it is.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has followed along on this TR. I enjoyed checking this thread and seeing I had a new comment every time I updated; it made me feel as if I was sharing the magic I experienced with others.
I know I wasn't the best at updating, and there were some really boring posts, but I have learned from my mistakes and future reports can only show improvement.

This TR allowed me stay at WDW just a little bit longer, and there were many times when I regretted posting an update, because I thought, "Well, once I write about that, I'll be completely finished with that experience." :guilty:
I didn't know it was possible, but writing a TR has made me enjoy my trip even more.

So, once again.... thanks for reading! :worship:

The End.

Last edited:

Thanks for your report...we r headed to wdw at christmas for the first time this christmas and report helped with the planning.

I loved your trip report and I hate that its over. :sad1: Will you be doing a report about your May trip?

I'm sad to see your TR come to an end. Will there be a May TR coming up? I'd love to follow along...:goodvibes

At first I wasn't going to do one, but I took enough pictures and had enough memorable moments that I will write a brief one. And it won't take nearly as long to finish as this one did. :rotfl:

I loved your trip report and I hate that its over. :sad1: Will you be doing a report about your May trip?

I have decided to do one. I wanted to start it today or tomorrow, but life has gotten in the way. However, it should be up at some point between now and Thursday. :thumbsup2

Have a great trip! Please post a link to your new trip report on this thread too :)

I'm back from my May trip and have settled back into the normal day routine, and I have finally started my May TR.
[thread=2726691]Flowers, 5Ks, and Fiancées-A May 2011 TR [/thread]

What a fabulous TR- I finally caught up! I loved reading about the lunar eclipse on Monday night (12/20)- I totally didn't notice and was laughing that none of us saw it! I'm very sorry about your horrendous MK lunch- we had lunch at Columbia Harbour House and didn't like it at all. I've decided to avoid MK CS options from now on. However, AK CS is the best! I ate at Restaurantosaurus in April and highly recommend it. Further, I thought your Dinosaur pic was hilarious!!! And don't worry, I think I had a similar photo from my April trip- I was definitely covering my eyes while everyone else in the car was smiling calmly (I still haven't really gotten a good view of that particular dinosaur).

And... CONGRATULATIONS on your magical engagement! :bride: You guys look so adorable together. I'm convinced that Disney simulates countless stressful situations one encounters in real life ( :laughing: ), therefore it's the perfect 'test'- if a DBF is a blast for several days while locked in WDW, then he's definitely a keeper! :love: Can't wait to start reading your new TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter