free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

Jen,

I got almost exactly the same response from my congressman's office in April. I e-mailed back that I wasn't aware of a launch at the time of our cruise and that we were interested in seeing the space center, etc. To date I haven't heard back.

I am just hoping it all works out. Beggers can't be choosers as my dad is fond of saying.

Jen,

I got almost exactly the same response from my congressman's office in April. I e-mailed back that I wasn't aware of a launch at the time of our cruise and that we were interested in seeing the space center, etc. To date I haven't heard back.

I am just hoping it all works out. Beggers can't be choosers as my dad is fond of saying.

Well, it is obvious who in Washington is on the ball and who isn't. Maybe I will reply in a while and list all of your congressmen that DID so something and say, "Why don't you ask THEM what I am talking about. THEY approved their district!!"

Oh well, you are right about that but what a learning opportunity!! :(

I just got a confirmation email from our Virginia Senator, Mark Warner! We will get to have four free tickets for the KSC for the day before our cruise in October. Yahoo! One of my twins dressed up like an astronaut last year (the other was a princess) so she will be especially thrilled to see everything.

I emailed my congressman the end of April and got a response May 19 that our tickets will be waiting for us for our October trip. :cool1: My DD loves everything about astronauts and space and is going to be so surprised when we go.

I emailed my congressman last wednesday and by friday the had a email sent to me and even someone from his office called to confirm 4 tickets for a trip in September. They would of even been able to get us launch tickets for the september 16th launch if we wanted them.

I just found this thread and immediately emailed my congresswoman here in Massachusetts. Fingers crossed! It would be great to save that money to put toward something else on our cruise!

I emailed our congressman Gus Bilirakis (Tampa) -who others have often gotten tickets from and never even received a reply of any kind from his office. Pretty dissapointed we didn't even get a "sorry, thanks anyway" reply. :sad2:

I emailed our congressman Gus Bilirakis (Tampa) -who others have often gotten tickets from and never even received a reply of any kind from his office. Pretty dissapointed we didn't even get a "sorry, thanks anyway" reply. :sad2:

When did you email him? It does take some time for them to get back to you.

This is a great find, last October the kids wanted to go and we just didn't have the time. We are going June 2011, so we will be emailing our congress people around the end of this year. It would be really cool if this works out.

Way to go Congressman Robert Wittman of Virginia!! Just received our confirmation...Woooohoooooo

Number of Adults: 4
Date of Visit: September 26, 2010
The tickets may be picked up at the KSC Group Sales Office (located at KSC’s Visitor Center) any time after 9AM on the day of the tour. The Center opens at 9AM and the bus tours begin running at 9:45AM and run every 15 minutes. Tour passes will be held at the Visitor Center and should be picked up as soon as possible, but no later than 2PM to ensure that the constituents do not miss the tour.
These tickets include:
- admission to the Main Complex, including all exhibits and shows
- Bus tour which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center, and the Apollo Saturn V Center
- Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies
- Visit to the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame which includes museum of personal artifacts and interactive activity floor simulators
- Tickets valid for two days of admission (must be used within 7 days of first use)
An interactive map of the KSC Visitor Center Complex can be found at the following internet site: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/html/ksc_vc.htm.
Enjoy!

^^^ Your husband is right. Many people are not happy with Obama's call on this one, including Neil Armstrong. Read on:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126775979&ps=cprs

AND

http://www.universetoday.com/2010/01/15/end-of-shuttle-program-will-slow-floridas-economy/

Many people have failed to realize how important space exploration has been to the advancement of technologies.

Don't worry about KSC not being open. The "theme" park is different than the actual operations of the Cape, Even if there are no shuttle launches. There are rocket launches still happening and those will continue.
The park earns money for the memorials and education. The only thing the park has in common with the launches is the bus tour to visit the launchpad. Otherwise, it's mainly a tribute to NASA's past.

Get the tickets, it will be open!!!

Any Pennsylvanians able to get the free tickets? I'm not having any luck. I contacted my Senator, Bob Casey, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and have gotten no reply. Sent a 2nd email, again, no reply. I contacted my Congressman about a year ago concerning this, and they knew nothing of it and said they couldn't help me (Jason Altmire). Rats!

I have tried the past two years to get tickets. Nope.
My latest call said they don't have tix to give out.

PA, no so lucky;)

I am from PA and I contacted my House Rep (Tim Murphy) early April and I was able to get 4 tickets for Oct. I provided some info that I had learned about on the boards and they contacted me within a week asking for specific dates. It was about another week when I received an email confirming my tickets. It seemed that most people contacted their House rep and not their Senator.

I am from PA and I contacted my House Rep (Tim Murphy) early April and I was able to get 4 tickets for Oct. I provided some info that I had learned about on the boards and they contacted me within a week asking for specific dates. It was about another week when I received an email confirming my tickets. It seemed that most people contacted their House rep and not their Senator.

Thanks for the information, psugrad99.

I have contacted my representative several times (Jason Altmire) and he says no tickets are available (well, I never spoke to him personally, but his office...) Oh well!

Enjoy your visit, I am glad you were able to get tickets!:banana::banana: Have a great trip!

Any Pennsylvanians able to get the free tickets? I'm not having any luck. I contacted my Senator, Bob Casey, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and have gotten no reply. Sent a 2nd email, again, no reply. I contacted my Congressman about a year ago concerning this, and they knew nothing of it and said they couldn't help me (Jason Altmire). Rats!

My rep is Jason Altmire, also. Guess you and I will have to spend more time at Disney instead of the Space Center! I did send another email to his office today, after psugrad99 said she got tickets..... I will keep you posted if that gets any reply:wizard:

I'm from central PA. My rep (Tim Holden) initially said he couldn't get me tickets, but then responded a couple of weeks later saying he was able to get me the 4 I requested.

I am planning on flying in the day before our cruise departure, but our flight does not land at MCO until 12:30 pm. Do you think we would still have time to take advantage of this offer? It is much more expensive to fly in another day in advance.

Just got my email from my Congressman for 4 tickets to the Space center. I will be able to pick up the tickets at will call on Dec 11th. I emailed my congressman Darral Issa in late May. Good luck to everyone else trying to get tickets.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter